timmyrotter
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
hey guys this is exciting!!!

Strings n' things.....

Hey ROCKERS!

I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend and you still have your teeth! Don't eat too many chocolate bunnies or sugary peeps!. I had 2 fillings done last week. :(

It's Monday....back to the studio. Today is piano day....REAL grand piano. It sounds so pretty and cool and creepy. BUT, the latest news has to do with strings. The whole band is VERY excited because we found out last week that the record label is paying to have real strings recorded on two of our songs. Not just any orchestra.......the LA symphony!!!! A guy named Paul Buchmaster is putting together a 22 member ensemble for the recording. He's been in the music business for a long time and has worked with artists such as: Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, and David Bowe. He's also composed and arranged strings for movie soundtracks. So, it's very exciting and another "first" for Skillet.

Again, thanks for all your feedback and comments. Knowing that you guys enjoy the updates and pictures motivates me to keep posting stuff!
ROCK ON PANHEADS!!
Love ya all,
Lori

Stridergorn
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Aaaaah, that's so awesome. ;D

404not_found
04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Korey posted her first blog too just now. Or a few minutes ago. I just refreshed their page and a new one was listed.

timmyrotter
04-17-2006, 05:15 PM
korey's first blog ever

what up friends!
korey cooper here, taking a break from the mad rockin studio day...had to do some piano - maybe some vocals later - the old "belter" might come out to play. just wanted to give you all a shout out and say i think you're really gonna dig this new record.
on the homefront - john had a birthday a couple weeks ago - we didn't celebrate 'cause we were working in the studio. alex is doing great, xaviers getting huge - i think they've got to weigh the same now....
by the way, we are planning on doing new video bio's so if you have any questions you would like answered or things from each member you would like to see, send them our way...
see you in colorado.....

unshakeable15
04-17-2006, 05:56 PM
A real orchestra! That is the best news i've heard in a long time. :D

"i'm so excited, i just can't hide it"

terrasin
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Finally, some real strings. Awesome

CJ

timmyrotter
04-17-2006, 06:12 PM
woohoo Mike is breaking out into song! this is great!

amodman
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I was particularly interested in this (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=110979339&MyToken=df316887-3cd5-4710-9f46-f6d4f1167719) blog :). That just sounds freakin' awsome. I'm actually somewhat surprised Lava/Atlantic is shellin' for all this crap. Ya think that means they might actually put some effort into promoting this time around, eh? In any case, those strings oughtta' be freaking awsome, can't wait! :D

doormonkey
04-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Real strings. It's official: Skillet owns.

riz
04-19-2006, 06:49 PM
That's pretty impressive.

timmyrotter
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WOW!

HEY! This is Lori again....I've been reading a lot of the comments and other mail we've been getting here on Myspace. It's hard to get to all of 'em, but can I just say......WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! I'm really blown away by you panheads out there. You're comments have really been encouraging and motivating for us. We're excited because YOU all are so excited about the new record. And that just amazes me! Thank you for cheering us on through this recording process and sticking with us. I know it's been a long wait, but THANK YOU! We hope and PRAY this album reaches a lot of people - that the lyrics break through the issues people are really struggling with in their lives.

We're headed to Colorado tomorrow for the weekend.....the show must go on!

Later!

Lori

timmyrotter
04-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday night...

Whewww....we just played Colorado and THAT CROWD ROCKED!!!! Thanks for coming everyone. I'm really tired now....it's 1:00am - I guess I should go to bed so that I can rock Littleton, CO tomorrow night! I'm basically just rambling....I wanted to post something new even though we're not in the studio today. For those of you who requested to hear new music - thank you, but we probably won't post any of the new music on the internet.......sorry. We have to keep you all in suspense somehow, right?!!! Good night panheads.....have a great weekend! Lori

unshakeable15
04-25-2006, 06:23 PM
I was particularly interested in this (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=110979339&MyToken=df316887-3cd5-4710-9f46-f6d4f1167719) blog :). That just sounds freakin' awsome. I'm actually somewhat surprised Lava/Atlantic is shellin' for all this crap. Ya think that means they might actually put some effort into promoting this time around, eh? In any case, those strings oughtta' be freaking awsome, can't wait! :D
If i was a bettin' man (which i am, but only when pride is on the line, not cash) i'd say they would. Why else would they be willing to shell out the cash for a real orchestra (and not some dinky one from a medium-sized town in Oklahoma)?

Part of the problem with Collide was that, to Lava, it wasn't fully their record. It'd already been released under Ardent, so why dish out all this promotional junk if it's already been on the market, minus some frills, for a couple months already? So this one, being more fully "their" album, they should do better, hopefully.

planet_kosmos
04-26-2006, 02:43 AM
tomorrow they should be putting up a new vid, that should be good, but I stll want vocals to go up... grrrrr

frymeskillet
04-26-2006, 05:07 AM
All I have to say is....awesome.....I CAN"T WAIT!!!

theelectric3
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
part 1 is up.

part 2 is coming tomorrow.

check it out (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=100563139&MyToken=d7196354-8043-48ac-b14a-a41e6c8e8a80) :D

doormonkey
04-26-2006, 07:10 PM
John is such a dweeb...

doormonkey
04-26-2006, 07:39 PM
the music sounds ROCKIN'.

unshakeable15
04-26-2006, 11:13 PM
John is such a dweeb...
:| We needed a video to find this out? i thought it was common knowledge? Doesn't Wikipedia describe John as a dweeb in rocker's clothing?

;)

theelectric3
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
a dweeb? nah...

timmyrotter
05-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Monday, May 01, 2006

case of the Munday's.....

just kidding......things are still going good in the studio. I am not actually there today, but I still wanted to give you all an update even though it will be short. Soooooo, I get to track another song next week! This brings the grand total to 11 songs for the album so far. But, who knows if we'll stop there! Everything could change tomorrow. The rest of the band is in the studio today knocking out what's left to be done on vocals, guitars, and programing. So, we still have a good 2 weeks of work to do.

Sorry there's not much else to update you on right now. Give it up for OATS on last weeks videos huh?!!!! He did a great job! Thanks Oats.

Bye for now,
Lori

timmyrotter
05-04-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah now lori wrote another one, but im too lazy, someone else post it.

theelectric3
05-04-2006, 12:38 PM
or better yet, get a myspace and subscribe to their blogs. then you'll be notified when there are updates. :)

whereami
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
or, if your as paranoid about updates as i am, you can just check it EVERY 5 MINUTES! because thats what i do!!!!!!!

heres the latest one from lori btw:

"
Hey rockin', crazy, dedicated, encouraging, and faithful PANHEADS!!!!
I'm REALLY happy to hear that this MySpace thing is working so well for keeping in touch with everyone. I have fun reading back through all of the blog comments....you guys are funny and cool!
Let's see.....it's Wednesday.....what's going on here at the studio? ROCK is GOING ON!!! Korey has her head into the computer screen continuously working hard on programming and keyboard stuff. John sings stuff, takes a break, eats, works out on the tread mill, does crunches, sings some more......and the cycle continues. Ben is WHIPPIN' some guitar licks and solos up in here all the time - practicing hard and gettin' it DONE! Um....me.....I've been done for some time now, SOOOOOO I get to hang with all of you guys and wait in anticipation! We still are planning to track one more song, but it got pushed back to next week. I was supposed to do it today.

Glad you all enjoyed last weeks videos.....those were fun. I'm taping more stuff today.....we'll see what Oats comes up with!
Love you all!
Lori
"

sounds like things are moving along nicely!

unshakeable15
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
So with that additional track that they are going to be working on next week, that would a grand total of 12 songs, correct?

theelectric3
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah, i believe so.

unshakeable15
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
i was hoping so. :D

timmyrotter
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
or better yet, get a myspace and subscribe to their blogs. then you'll be notified when there are updates. :)
hey hey now tracy, i didnt want to be promting myspace. it is such a horrible thing...

timmyrotter
05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
hey lori is myspace wild!!! here is friday's.

Friday, May 05, 2006

rock and never stop......
Current mood: chipper

Hi guys! FRIDAY!! Who's excited about the weekend? I bet school is almost done for a lot of you....nice! Summer is on the way! We are headed to Pittsburgh, PA tonight for an event called Acquire the Fire. Pretty easy trip for us this weekend - that's all we have going on as far as shows, but then it's back to the studio grind on Sunday! I decided to stay home from the studio today. Things are getting done though. 2 songs are completely done now and have been sent out to be mixed! We could be hearing a few final mixes next week - that's EXCITING! (sorry you all still have to wait though ) It's hard to explain, but we wanted to complete certain songs first so that they were ready to show to the record label and ready to be mixed first. As for the rest of the songs - each one still has parts to be completed. Just small things now, but very time consuming! So, the goal now is to work song by song and get each one totally done before working on the next. As they are finished they'll be shipped off one at a time to be mixed. (I think to NY) I can't believe I'm saying those words!! It feels like we've been in the studio for a year! But, I know John and Korey have actually been working on some of these songs for a year! It's a great feeling to be at this stage and getting ready to have something new for all of YOU!!!!

Well guys.....I'm going to mow my lawn now....for the first time.....it's new. Yesterday I put together a grill - I cooked up some chicken - dang it was good. Tasted like.........chicken!

Love you all!!

Lori

zeroneff
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
that music it from the new album

timmyrotter
05-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Monday, May 08, 2006

almost done.....
Current mood: determined

Hey everybody! Guess what? We have 2 songs completely done and mixed! WOW! We just heard these final mixes last week and it just makes me smile! The band, our manager, producer, engineers, and record label are all very happy with the way things are sounding which is a BIG deal! To get all these people on the "same page" is a big accomplishment and we are very excited. Come see us play this summer at festivals and you can hear the 2 new songs we plan on adding to our live show.

I'm headed down to Chicago tonight to set up drums again. It's only about an hour from where we all live in Wisconsin. So, I should be tracking the final song later this week. I haven't really heard it yet, but John just wrote it recently and everybody thinks we should record it. Soooooo after this the record should be done!!

Thanks again for reading! Have a GREAT week....

Rock on,

Lori

timmyrotter
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Thursday, May 11, 2006

crunch time....

Hey!!
What's up everyone? I made a split decision to travel down to the studio today. I just felt like hanging out with everyone and maybe getting some video footage. We completed another song today. It's crunch time now....everything HAS to be done by 7:30am Monday morning!!!
Sunday might be an all nighter here in studio 5! I will be tracking the final song tomorrow, so I need to be back here at 10am. I should go home....

Sorry this is kinda short and not that interesting....everyone is still working really hard and it's only a matter of days until this Skillet album is DONE!! Thanks for all your prayers and encouragment....you all ROCK!!!

Love you all,
Lori

timmyrotter
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Friday, May 12, 2006

all nighter...

Good morning panheads! Not too much to report yet today, but can I just say that the guys didn't come home last night! Ben slept in his car in a parking lot because he left the studio and 4am this morning and couldn't make it home. John just got a hotel room downtown and stayed here. He's been commuting everyday back and forth (it's only an about an hour from Chicago to Kenosha) but there have been a few times he just couldn't drive back! Which is good cause you shouldn't drive when you're so TIRED!! Korey has had a very busy week also, but it worked out that she could ride home with me last night. Sooooo.......now I'm just here at the studio waiting for everyone else to come in. My drums are tuned and ready to knock out this last song. All the other songs are DONE!! That's why they stayed so late last night. Whoo...

I'll try to write more later today and tell ya how things are going with the song. We'll be done recording in a few days, but we WILL still try and keep giving updates as much as possible! We have other stuff coming up like a photo shoot! Hopefully we'll find out info on that soon. I think it would be cool to do it in Chicago, but we'll see!

Have a great day!
Lori

unshakeable15
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Awesomeness. :D Thanks for posting those for us non-myspacers Timmy.

timmyrotter
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
yeah, thanks for the feedback, i thought no one cared *sniff*

whereami
05-12-2006, 06:38 PM
im so excited! *eplodes* cannot wait till august!

planet_kosmos
05-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Friday, May 12, 2006

drums are done again....

Good evening guys!

Well, now it's 8pm and drums are finished. It's on to the other parts now. That was fun to record. Everything went pretty smooth. I had pizza, Skittles, Swedish Fish, and a pancake to get me through the day. Ugh....I ate sooooo bad today! Oh well.....I'll have to work it off next week. That's pretty much it for today. Our tour bus will be here in a few hours to take us down to Mississippi......look out we're comin' to rock yer faces down there!!

Have an awesome weekend Panheads!
Love ya,
Lori

timmyrotter
05-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Sunday, May 14, 2006

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

DUDE......WE ARE MINUTES AWAY FROM BEING DONE WITH OUR 6TH ALBUM!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

JOHN
KOREY
LORI
BEN

skilletosis
05-15-2006, 10:10 AM
I would also like to add my thanks to those who are posting the blogs. I don't do the myspace thing so it's real nice to see these updates. THANK YOU.

korey_cooper_jr
05-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Monday, May 15, 2006

Finishing touches....

Hey guys!! WE ARE DONE! Just a few thiings for the engineer and producer to finish up. Then it has to be mixed of course. But, we the band are done! Actually, 4 songs are mixed, so we're a little ahead of the game. We celebrated last night in Chicago at the studio with some VERY, VERY excellent Chicago style pizza! YUM. It was sad saying goodbye to people we've been working with for 3 months, but......that's the way it goes. :(

We HOPE to release this album in September 2006. That's the goal anyway! And I did make a small mistake when I said this was our 6th album. It's our SEVENTH because we have to include the live worship album!

Well, I gotta go people.....talk to ya soon.
Love,
Lori

disciple
05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Aw, shucks, I was hoping it'd be out before my birthday. Only chance of that is if it's released in the beginning of the month. :(

unshakeable15
05-16-2006, 06:14 PM
That's alright. It'll be released in time for my birthday at the end of the month. ;)

Unregistered
05-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Any one know what the cd is going to be called??

timmyrotter
05-17-2006, 06:56 AM
no its gonna be on my birthday in the middle of the month!

timmyrotter
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hittin' the road again...

Hey Panheads!

Well, I think by the end of this week our entire record will be mixed! The next step is to have it mastered, but we haven't heard who will be doing it or where. I'm kind of assuming it will get done in New York, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm hoping to get some more video clips up here for you guys. I will try really hard to keep posting new stuff till the record comes out. I was going to work on putting a video together last night but I didn't have the right cable!! UGH!

We hit the road tonight and head SOUTH.....where it's warm! It's pretty nice up here in Wisconsin, but it's been very rainy. We have 2 shows this weekend. Georgia and Kentucky.....hey all you panheads down there! Get ready to rock with us!!

More to come.....

Love,

Lori

timmyrotter
05-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Monday, May 22, 2006

2 new songs!

Hey! Today we are all at our church building up in Wisconsin practicing 2 new songs to bring to you live this summer!! Actually we will start playing them this weekend in Florida and Cali! Please be praying for us.....

Thanks!

Love you all,

Lori

korey_cooper_jr
05-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Sunday, May 28, 2006

a little break from the madness.....

Hey Panheads!!
We are ALL in Florida right now......kids n' all. It's fun having them back on the road with us. A lot more work for John & Korey, but that's life on the road I guess. Anyway, over the past few days we played brand new music live for the first time in like almost 3 years!! It was soooooo fun! The crowd at Spirit West Coast in southern Cali ROCKED!!! They seemed to really like the 2 new songs we played. One is called "Rebirthing" and the other is "The Last Night". Thanks to everyone who came out to see us last night......we love you all. Can't wait for you guys to hear the rest of the album. Still no release date yet, but we're still aiming for a fall release - hopefully Septemberish. Sorry we haven't had time to get any new video footage up. We've been busy with getting the new songs ready to play live, and now we're on the road for two weeks.

Thanks for all the friends requests! I just approved like 30 pages worth of people! WOW....thanks for keeping up with us. What would we do without YOU?!!!!
Have a great week guys and long live the Panheads!!! (that should be a t-shirt) :O
Love,
Lori

unshakeable15
05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
That's it. Who wants to find a T-shirt designer and get 200 prints of T-shirts saying "Long Live the Panheads"?

Oh, and anybody heard the new songs yet?

404not_found
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
That's it. Who wants to find a T-shirt designer and get 200 prints of T-shirts saying "Long Live the Panheads"?

Or just have a contest and then use cafepress to print the shirts out :P

unshakeable15
05-29-2006, 09:51 PM
That's silly. You can't print out 200 shirts using cafepress. That's just too much work for one printer.

theelectric3
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
maybe they should just have a t-shirt design for it in their merch. like how Rosie had the idea for shirts that said "Skillet chicks rock."

will
05-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh, and anybody heard the new songs yet?Yeah, they played them at SWC Del Mar... they sound great.

404not_found
05-29-2006, 10:32 PM
That's silly. You can't print out 200 shirts using cafepress. That's just too much work for one printer.

Cafepress (http://www.cafepress.com) is a website. If you pay for them, they will print them. I don't think Cafepress only has 1 printer with over 22million users.

timmyrotter
05-30-2006, 02:48 PM
those are good names for songs!!! they have to be good now.

Will, im curious you say they "sound great" but is that like a sympathy "great" or an incredible, this is Skillet's break for a platinum album "great"?

unshakeable15
05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Cafepress (http://www.cafepress.com) is a website. If you pay for them, they will print them. I don't think Cafepress only has 1 printer with over 22million users.
Oh. i was thinking it was software for your computer to print out the iron-on designs.

will
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
those are good names for songs!!! they have to be good now.

Will, im curious you say they "sound great" but is that like a sympathy "great" or an incredible, this is Skillet's break for a platinum album "great"?no, definitely not a sympathy "great". :)

JohnnyRocker
06-01-2006, 06:59 AM
maybe they should just have a t-shirt design for it in their merch. like how Rosie had the idea for shirts that said "Skillet chicks rock."
haha, I didn't know that was Rosie's idea...

theelectric3
06-01-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah, i remember rosie talking about it once before a skillet show, i think it was. heh.

JohnnyRocker
06-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I"m going to make fun of her now.

timmyrotter
06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Wednesday, June 07, 2006

paradise.....

Ahhhh.....what a great little vacation Skillet just had. We just got home from a 2 week trip, but in the middle of the trip we got to enjoy the Grand Bahamas Islands! We were on a Royal Carribean Cruise with several other Christian bands and speakers. The event was called Praise Fest and it went very well! Skillet played 2 songs on one of the islands and then we did a full rock set another night on the cruise ship. It was pretty cool. We were on the ship a total of 4 days and pretty much got to relax the entire time. It was GREAT and a huge blessing after all the hard work in the studio. Cooper's kids loved it too! We're home now....headed to Indiana and Michigan this weekend......oh, there's gonna be some rock happening! We love you guys!!

Have a great week!
Lori

timmyrotter
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Monday, June 12, 2006

hi it's Monday.....

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Hi everyone! i really don't have too much to write about. SORRY! But, I just wanted to say hello! Our record label is VERY excited about the new music and so are we! Keep praying for us.....hopefully we'll have a release date to anounce soon.

Have a great week!
Love,
Lori

timmyrotter
06-15-2006, 01:39 PM
hot summer festivals are here!

Hi Panheads.....It's almost Friday! Are you all excited for the weekend? Well, I guess it is summer, so maybe some of you have more free time now. More free time to come see SKILLET!!!! Festivals are here again and we are playing Icthus Festival in Wilmore, KY this Saturday. Can't wait to see all of you who are planning to come out. I'm sure it's gonna be hot and sticky with some crazy rock 'n roll goin' on. Have a great weekend everyone!

Love ya!

Lori

timmyrotter
06-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Monday, June 26, 2006

Creation East

Hey Panheads!!

Well, we just got word that Creation East has been canceled/postponed. Wow....that's a big decision for the festival to have to make. Sorry to all you rockers that were planning on coming out to see us on Wednesday. I guess there's been so much rain that the festival grounds aren't safe.

The entire album is mixed and mastered!! YEAH! Still waiting to hear what the official release date will be. I know a lot of you out there continue to pray for us. THANK YOU! Have a wonderful week!

Love you all,

Lori

theelectric3
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
mixed and mastered... very, very cool.

timmyrotter
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Thursday, June 29, 2006

Free Skillet Show Tomorrow!

Hey Panheads!

Skillet is playing a show tomorrow night in Texas. So, for all you rockers down there who want to come it's FREE! For some reason this info didn't make it up on our website, so hopefully some of you can make the show.

Here's the info....spread it around to all your friends around Arlington, TX.

High Point Church

2500 E. Arbrook

Arlington, TX 76015

www.churchunusual.com/events

Thanks guys! Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Love ya,

Lori

theelectric3
06-29-2006, 07:17 PM
myspace is being slow right now...

but has anyone seen the new video blog yet?

riz
06-30-2006, 06:12 AM
I just watched it.

Hearing Alex saying "don't steal daddy's music" might be one of the cutest things I've seen, ever. John almost got her to sing one of the new songs with him.

It was a pretty good video. Mainly about vocals and keyboards.

timmyrotter
06-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 4 Studio Video

timmyrotter
06-30-2006, 06:54 AM
that was great! i love the part with alex. they show all the song names on it too. cool beans

theelectric3
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
yeah, alex is growing so fast! she is so very cute.

so, are we all going to honor her request and not steal her Mommy and Daddy's music? ;)

i'm glad to hear they worked more on the vocals/lyrics and keys. i can't wait to hear it all together. :)

timmyrotter
06-30-2006, 02:07 PM
me too tracy! cant wait to hear it. i'll admit i download music, but not skillets, unless its rare cuts. in fact i bought 2 collides, and i'll buy at least 2 comatoses! i only download musis that i wouldnt buy. but for bands that i respect i buy. im not justifying myself...

unshakeable15
07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
they show all the song names on it too. cool beans
Do they? i was wondering about that. One of the song names looked like a series of numbers starting with a 4. Another was listed as "Guitar", so was that the final names? Or are some still missing titles? Or was that names and other junk as well?

404not_found
07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
so, are we all going to honor her request and not steal her Mommy and Daddy's music? ;)

Only the most cold and heartless person could download em after watching that, lol.

timmyrotter
07-02-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah i was wondering that to Mike...

Crazy4U
07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
So whats this topic about again? Oh, well! It's all cool! I love Skillet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timmyrotter
07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Boom!

Hey everyone.....did you guys have a nice 4th of July? I hope noone blew up anything or caught on fire! I watched the fireworks and only lit sparklers....it was fun though. We leave tonight and we're headed to Lincoln, NE. Are you panheads ready to rock out there? I hope so....we are currently playing to new songs in our set from the album that will be released in the fall.

See you soon!
Love,
Lori

9:23 AM -

timmyrotter
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Saturday, July 08, 2006

from LIFEST

Dear all,

Ben here... Im currently sitting back stage at LIFEST. Waiting to watch our friends Kutless and Relient K go on.... We dont play til midnight tonight! we've been napping all day in preperation. I know I'm only 22 but I still kinda feel like I'm getting old especially when I hear we're playing at midnight and in the back of my mind i'm thinking... "thats way past my bedtime. " haha... im just kidding... kinda... :)

Its been a little while since the album has been done. I have to say its very relieving to be done. Lately, we've been enjoying a bit of time off at home and preparing for the rest of the things involved in releasing an album... we'll be doing a photoshoot next week in New York.

A big thank you to all you fans who have been writing messages to us on here... We're doing our best to write back to them... THERE ARE SO MANY! please be patient. The love is much appreciated for sure.

A small request. Panheads who are bringing big bags of Skittles for Lori. Everyone in the band has been enjoying them. BIG THANKS! my request... Because of the large amount of Skittles we've been receiving.I'd like to personally ask for a little bit more variety... Im getting a little burnt on the Skittles.....(Laffy Taffy is my favorite...but really any name brand candy... none of the shady no namer stuff that we all loathed getting on Halloweens growing up though, lets keep to the good stuff.. ) thanks again.

hope to see you all out at festivals this summer. we've been playing 2 brand new songs so this is your chance to hear the new stuff before its out.

Thanks again for all your support,

Ben Judah Kasica
Skillet

planet_kosmos
07-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Yay! Good work ben!!!

pizza brain
07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Naps rock awesome! So does Laffy taffy :)

unshakeable15
07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
At this rate, when it comes around for the photo shoots for the new album, none of the members will have any teeth left from all the sugar!

theelectric3
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
LOL!

hopefully they know someone who is a dentist. ;)

doormonkey
07-14-2006, 04:22 PM
At this rate, when it comes around for the photo shoots for the new album, none of the members will have any teeth left from all the sugar!
And then their next Veggietale cover could be "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything".

pizza brain
07-15-2006, 01:58 PM

(In Stewy from Family guy voice) Yes my plot is working! Soon I will rule the world of rock n' roll because I will have better teeth than the only band that stands in my way :evil:

timmyrotter
07-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rebirthing

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to inform you guys on what's happening with the new album. The official name of the album will be Comatose. It will be released on October 3, so make sure you all get out there and buy lots of them!! Also, today our first single, Rebirthing, was released to http://www.christianrock.net. At this time, that's the only place you can hear Rebirthing. Spread the word and REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST!!

Thanks so much for the love and support!!

Skillet

terrasin
08-08-2006, 12:47 PM
There is a new video on their myspace. It's on the left side under "sounds like". It's from their photoshoot. :)

CJ

timmyrotter
08-08-2006, 02:32 PM
wierd outfits... unexpected, has kinda an evanescence look. collide was kinda grungy. this one they look sophisticated or gothic. at least its not emo... is there only one vid? cause there are other things showing up, but they dont work.

zeroneff
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow look at that they look Better than ever........

terrasin
08-08-2006, 10:28 PM
The one below it is just the Savior video. I was hoping for a little more, but eh. :)

CJ

planet_kosmos
08-08-2006, 10:57 PM
That was kinda quick....... :-\

404not_found
08-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Well I love the new look (they look like they all just got out of their coffins... and that photo they showed on the computer looked like a portrait of the Addams Family) but uh... that look does not seem to fit Skillet. If I heard Rebirthing on the radio... I would NEVER thought the guys would look like this. Of course I haven't heard the other stuff but whatever.

I do think this is their best look but thats really just cause I love the style. I don't think Korey and Lori have ever looked so hot. John looked very nice too... I want his wardrobe.

timmyrotter
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
coffins... rebirthing... there is an idea behing thier attire

theelectric3
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM
coffins? serious?

i like the look.

terrasin
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Won't be coffins, but it's very cool. I'm sure they will start posting some of them up very soon. :)

CJ

riz
08-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Odd. The video's not working for me...

404not_found
08-15-2006, 07:48 PM
It hasn't been working they day or so after it was first put up... I was guessing they pulled it for some reason

timmyrotter
08-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Aug 16, 2006 6:38 AM
Subject Busy times...
Body: Dear all,

Ben here... Its a very exciting time for Skillet right now. We've been busy preparing for the new record release (Oct. 3rd ), practicing new music, meeting with the label, doing interviews, about to shoot a video and do an acoustic EP... so much is going on right now!
This past week we spent a couple days in NYC. It was really fun. The trip included a small group of us taking John and Korey's 4 year old girl, Alex, into the city. Just have to say I have more respect for parents now! It was quite the experience. Very fun though! As long as you have a Mcdonald's and a toy store whereever you go, it sure makes babysitting easy. Later that day Lori and I were were running late trying to get to a dinner meeting with Atlantic. It was pouring down rain and we couldn't seem to get a taxi to even notice us. We were both kinda stressed about being late for the dinner when all of a sudden a bicycle with a 2 seat cart whipped by us... Lightbulbs lit up inside both of our heads... Moments later we were flying down the street in this little cart, praying that we wouldn't crash or get crashed into. WE DEFINITELY HAD SOME CLOSE CALLS in our 25 block journey. (Thats far to travel on a bike!) We arrived about 40 minutes late to dinner, I had the alligator. :)
We just started doing SHOUTfest, a touring festival that has loads of cool bands. This past weekend was the kick off of the tour in Quincy, IL. Unfortunately, it "rained" so we were unable to bring the rock. A big thank you and apology goes out to those who came to see us play. We were just as disappointed as you all. It looked like it was gonna be a really fun one! Hopefully we'll come back to the area soon.

That's all for now. Keep checking back for more news from Skillet. Thanks for writing us comments and messages on here, we're doing our best to reply to as many as we can, but hang in there... there are so many!

keep rocking,

Benjamin Judah
Skillet

Personally i wantto know more aboout this Acoustic EP. anyone know anything about it?

Mikhail
08-16-2006, 07:30 AM
and do an acoustic EP...
:owow... acoustic EP... i think it will be awesome8)

timmyrotter
08-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Saturday, August 19, 2006

how about one more?

Hey! Guess where we are? In Chicago.....in the studio.....in the zone.....recording one more song!!! It's been a good couple of days. Last studio day is tomorrow. Not any details to give you yet regarding the song, but I just wanted to let you all know what we're working on this weekend. We'll see what happens.....

Again, thanks for all your comments, email, and feedback! I was checking out the radioU.com top 10 most requested - thanks to all who are out there voting for "Rebirthing".

Rock on,

Lori

timmyrotter
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Wednesday, August 23, 2006

hello...

Hey Everyone!!!

There's a lot going on in Skillet world. We spent the weekend in the studio in Chicago recording another song for the album. We hope it actually makes the album.....we may of missed the deadline, but we'll see. It was still fun to record it anyway! Then we spent Monday and Tuesday at another studio in the city where we live recording and arranging 5 of the new songs acoustically. So, everyone's been working hard. It's coming down to the wire on stuff. Oct 3rd isn't too far off now!!! This coming Monday we are filming 2 music videos in Chicago. One for "Rebirthing" and the other is for a song called "Whispers in the Dark". Should be fun....the director seems to know what he's doing from some of his work we've seen. I hope YOU GUYS like the videos when they're done!

I better go for now. Thank you all for your prayers, comments, and email. We have such GREAT fans.....we love you guys!

Lori

DarkestRose
08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Wow! Two videos. That sounds pretty awesome.

unshakeable15
08-25-2006, 11:36 AM
We haven't had two videos for an album since the first one! (it had three: Gasoline, Saturn, I Can) Suh-weet!