frymeskillet
04-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Yes, I realize that there is already a thread on the DaVinci Code and another on the Gospel of Judas, but those were about the books and opinions on it. This one, however is for prayer against the DaVinci Code and the Gospel of Judas. The DaVinci Code speaks of Jesus being married to Mary Magdalene and the two having a child, that Jesus was never divine. Yes, I know that the book is all fiction, but we have plenty of people that are wondering if it is all true, that are reading into it too much.
The Gospel Of Judas is a scroll that was supposedly written before the gospels of Mark, Luke, and John (I think, correct me if I am wrong). Judas is marked with the label of betrayer, we all know this to be true, he betrayed Jesus in the bible. This "Gospel of Judas" is saying that Jesus asked Judas to betray him in order for Jesus to sacrifice his life and to make Jesus look better. It portrays Judas as the Hero and Jesus as the bad guy. It glorifies Judas for betraying Jesus.
If Judas were a hero, Why would he hang himself, like the bible says. If he were a hero, why would the bible hide his glory? Does Jesus have anything to hide from us? If this is true then the whole bible must be wrong according to some people.
Christians need to come together and pray to God for his intervention. The bible says for His believers to stand strong. We must fight these books that the devil is using and stand strong in our beliefs. We must witness more and pray harder.
If you don't agree, please feel free to express any feelings (not getting too heated of course :) )

-God Bless-
Savannah

Isildur9473
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I say people should be able to write what they want, no point in speaking out against literature. If people buy too much into what a fictional book says, they're probably too stupid to think about much of anything else anyways.

cloroxmartini
04-28-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm not at all intimidated or offended by these books. I know the truth and a book saying how Jesus married Mary Magdalene nor some obscure scrolls about Judas being a hero is not going to change that. If anyone wants to believe in that stuff, they should be able to.

NightCrawler
05-01-2006, 07:26 AM
My classmates are reading the DaVinci code, but they were raised in catholic schools. I think that they are assuming it is *all* fiction, about Jesus and everything else.

I believe this is a problem. Prayer is needed.

theelectric3
05-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm not at all intimidated or offended by these books. I know the truth and a book saying how Jesus married Mary Magdalene nor some obscure scrolls about Judas being a hero is not going to change that. If anyone wants to believe in that stuff, they should be able to.

it's good to know the truth.

at the same time, it does disturb me that lies about my Savior are taken as fact by some people. (history itself disproves many claims in the davinci code.)

frymeskillet
05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm not saying that we should pray for everyone to not believe it...I am saying that it does need prayer before it takes over everyone's mind, whether its fiction or not.

Isildur9473
05-01-2006, 03:12 PM
at the same time, it does disturb me that lies about my Savior are taken as fact by some people. (history itself disproves many claims in the davinci code.)

The Da Vinci Code says that a lot of history was made up, namely the stuff that provides the base for the book. It's a more convincing argument than most books would put out, not to mention the fact that we weren't there so we can't be 100% on anything...

AsLaN
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
This book is fiction of that there is no doubt even Scientist have proved that. Still it is sad to know that some christians have fallen away because of it. This is where we need to pray for God to open eyes. That book is slick where it uses Actual events in history warps them and makes it look that its truth. So deffinately pray for those that have fallen due to it and pray even harder for those that are unsure in their faith. Sweet Jesus give us all guidence to help others and open our eyes to see YOU!

frymeskillet
05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
The Da Vinci Code says that a lot of history was made up, namely the stuff that provides the base for the book. It's a more convincing argument than most books would put out, not to mention the fact that we weren't there so we can't be 100% on anything...

I see that, But this thread isn't arguing about the DaVinci code and whether it is true, this is for PRAYER for those who might think it's true and like Aslan said for those who are unsure in their faith. The End. :)