Audio-Slave
04-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey, I was just wondering guys, if you're Final Fantasy fans, then what's you're favorite FF character from what game? My favorite is Vincent Valentine from FF7.

Isildur9473
04-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Vincent, Cloud or Cid from 7 for me.

disciple
04-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Cloud.

Really, that's it.

animeraven34
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Cloud, definitely.

randompenguin
05-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Light and fluffy...who couldn't love a Cloud? I mean really.
And Squalls come from rainClouds, but Clouds are cooler. Hooray for retarded wordplay! ;D

FromTheInside
05-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Cloud, Vincent. :) Cid owns too. . as well as almost all FF characters. . . .

skynes
05-03-2006, 12:26 AM
What!? No Auron!?!?

Auron being one of the single coolest characters EVER!?

amodman
05-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Vincent was the coolest, Cloud I most identified with me (maybe cause he's was kind of a confused jerk at times? haha).

Dreaiscoolio
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I relate to Vincent I think, different, lost, a rebel

skynes
05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Vincent a rebel? Nah just a genetic experiment.

Is there NO Auron fans here?
Auron the Ronin?

does he get no love?

disciple
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM
What, is this "Auron" someone from FFX or something? That was the only numbered FF game I played besides VIII, and I didn't like it. :D

(maybe cause he's was kind of a confused jerk at times? haha).
Yep. Very fitting. Perfect, if you take out "confused" and "kind of".

Uber-joke. ;)

Dreaiscoolio
05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=disciple]What, is this "Auron" someone from FFX or something? That was the only numbered FF game I played besides XIII, and I didn't like it. :D

wow FFXII is out? Are you from the future? lol

disciple
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=disciple]What, is this "Auron" someone from FFX or something? That was the only numbered FF game I played besides XIII, and I didn't like it. :D

wow FFXII is out? Are you from the future? lol
My apologies, I am tired. Correction made.

amodman
05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
What, is this "Auron" someone from FFX or something? That was the only numbered FF game I played besides VIII, and I didn't like it. :D

Yep. Very fitting. Perfect, if you take out "confused" and "kind of".

Uber-joke. ;)

That and the spiky blonde hair. Definitely.

disciple
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
That and the spiky blonde hair. Definitely.
Ohhhh yeeeeeeeahhh. :afro:

randompenguin
05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
O.O I completely forgot Auron in my obessession with retarded wordplay!! He's the only guy I've ever seen who can get away with wearing sunglasses indoors.

skynes
05-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Auron is from FFX and he's one of the best.

What's wrong with X? I actually really liked it.

animeraven34
05-04-2006, 07:25 AM
I actually really liked it.
Ditto. It's actually on my list of games to get; at this point it's a distant second to Super Metroid though. :P

disciple
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Distant - See also: Understatement.

:P

I played it for 45 minutes, and I got bored quickly. It may have been because I was young and my attention span short (it still is, some days) but [the story] was like throwing a bunch of random stuff in my face that made no sense. I wasn't ready to keep playing something just to find out what the real story was.

randompenguin
05-06-2006, 06:01 PM
X was the reason I got a PS2! I haven't finished it yet, though, because I've been too busy knocking out the Organization in Kingdom Hearts 2!! Muahaha, Riku owns.

skynes
05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I played it for 45 minutes, and I got bored quickly. It may have been because I was young and my attention span short (it still is, some days) but [the story] was like throwing a bunch of random stuff in my face that made no sense. I wasn't ready to keep playing something just to find out what the real story was.

That's actually one of the beautiful things of it.
At first the story seems a bit random and all over the place, but as you continue, the story weaves together and you'll end up going AHHHH!!! So THATS what that meant! Many times.

disciple
05-08-2006, 02:21 PM
That's actually one of the beautiful things of it.
At first the story seems a bit random and all over the place, but as you continue, the story weaves together and you'll end up going AHHHH!!! So THATS what that meant! Many times.
That's exactly why I like 24.

What I mean is, I like it because it's almost nothing like that. It gives me a plot to stick with that I want to follow up on, and not just throwing random crap at me.

randompenguin
05-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Just curious, how far did you get to? How much random crap was there?

disciple
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
I didn't get very far. Last thing I remember (this was a long time ago) is being underwater.

By the way, I just rented it to see how much I'd like it 3 or 4 years later. :P

randompenguin
05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Ohh...well, hope ya like it. Yeah, you didn't get very far. I was just wondering because I was confused at first and didn't play it for a while (I mean, I just got Kingdom Hearts!) but then I went back to it because the gameplay was fun and it was fun to see stuff starting to come together.

disciple
05-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, needless to say, I like it. :P I also rented Mega Man X Collection, and let's just say, if that makes it out of the box again, I'll be surprised. :P

1nonlyjen
05-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Cid rocks!!!!

disciple
05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Auron is cool, Cid is cool, Vincent is cool... Cloud still tops, though.

amodman
05-23-2006, 03:02 PM

Oh that's disgusting. I mean, it was ok...just like IX was OK. But X-2 was crap, XI is a joke, XII is a complete departure from what Final Fantasy is supposed to be, and it looks like XIII will be again. By my book, Square + Enix seemed like a godlike conglomeration...but Squenix sucks. They're destroying Final Fantasy, they've already destroyed Star Ocean. What's next? I thank God Sakaguchi split and formed Mystwalker...at least we have the likes of Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey coming out.

skynes
05-24-2006, 12:58 AM
I tend to look at RPGs a bit differently than most.

I look to the system first.

In my opinion FF-X had one of the best skill and combat systems I've ever seen. I loved the Sphere Grid, it gave me complete freedom to make my characters what 'I' wanted them to be and not being stuck with standardised classes and stat growths like FFIX (which I did also like)

randompenguin
05-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, gameplay-wise, X was by far my favorite because I love thinking and strategizing in battle. I've only lost against one enemy so far, but I don't feel lke it's too easy either. However, I picked up 8 again about a week ago and I'd forgotten that there was a reason I really liked it. I would have to say that Squall is my favorite MAIN character (can't decide out of the supporting characters, probably Auron or Reno)I'm not an old-schooler, though, so I guess I can't really say much on the subject, but I do agree that when you can't tell (by the face anyway) which one's the guy and which is the girl, you might have a potential problem. I think the Playstation games have been going downhill since 8 (I didn't really like 7...I'm a heretic I know), but since 10 the slide is becoming more and more pronounced. *cries, then goes and plays KH II* Kingdom Hearts, hooray!
Wow, that was a long post.