timmyrotter
05-04-2006, 01:58 PM
well im suprised no one has started this thread yet.

but the issue is pretty much done. the man involved with the 9/11 highjackings, gets life in prison... no death penalty huh? our nation is a bunch of cowards!

Moussaoui Offers Final Diatribe in Court
AP - 45 minutes ago
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - U.S. Judge Leonie Brinkema sent Zacarias Moussaoui to prison for life Thursday, to "die with a whimper," for his role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The convicted terrorist declared: "God save Osama bin Laden you will never get him."

alorian
05-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Yay! We're paying for him to rot in prison!!

terrasin
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Heh, if the inmates don't kill him in the first week, I'll be amazed.

CJ

disciple
05-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Heh, if the inmates don't kill him in the first week, I'll be amazed.

CJ
It wouldn't surprise me.

unshakeable15
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
What state was he convicted in? Or was it the National Court system, above the states? If it was a state, death penalty would depend on the state. If it was above the state courts, then i can understand not going for the Death penalty for two reasons.

One, not all the states support it. In fact, it's a pretty large majority that don't. So why pass down a sentence that the majority of the individual states don't agree with? Second, to give him the death pentaly is to make him a martyr. We see it as punishment, Muslim extremists would see it as vindication of their rightness and rejoice that their brother was in paradise.

theelectric3
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Second, to give him the death pentaly is to make him a martyr. We see it as punishment, Muslim extremists would see it as vindication of their rightness and rejoice that their brother was in paradise.

that's how i look at it.

death is more or less a quicker, more painless way to go vs. life in prison in an isolated cell. no bail. no parole. no way out. stuck with only yourself, your thoughts and your past.

sounds like torture to me.

terrasin
05-05-2006, 01:16 AM
That's what we need in our prison system: more torture. Then people might be more prone to not want to be there wasting our tax dollars.

CJ

amodman
05-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Yay! We're paying for him to rot in prison!!

Our society has already decided to pay for too many people's lives in prison ::]. It's a mockery, really. Still, I guess since we're already doing it, might as stick the guy in a craphole (minus the fact our prisons are decent) full of people who hate him. Somehow, I don't think many American inmates, despite being in prison, are gonna hold much love for an Islamic terrorist. Have fun you crazy doomed little 'eff.

skynes
05-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Im with CJ. Give him one week and he's dead

that way a few thigs are accomplished:

1. He's not martyred. Just killed in a prison brawl.
2. The courts hands are clean, they did not kill him, no controversy needed.

The inmates will WANT to kill him cause thats practically Instant-celebrity.
Hey! I'm the guy who killed the 9/11 terrorist! Wanna BUY my story!?

terrasin
05-05-2006, 05:56 AM
There is a $2,000,000 book deal somewhere there. Problem is, all he will be able to buy with it is smokes.

CJ

NightCrawler
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Yay! We're paying for him to rot in prison!!I thought you said "praying".... ROFL.

timmyrotter
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
well at first i thought that his inmates would kill him, but he will be in solitary. so that wont happen... that sucks... but im sure the left-winger humanitarists (<close enough) will give him a prayer mat to pray to Allah 5 times a day...

asparagus
05-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm curious if personally, the people on this board would rather be sentenced to death, or be in solitary confinement for the rest of their life.

For me, I've seen solitary confinement cells where you live in a space smaller than my bathroom, only it's without a window. I think I'd go crazy in there after a week...but I can't speak for anyone else.

I think I'd be desperately lonely. I just can't imagine living like that. Lonliness can be so terrible.

disciple
05-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm curious if personally, the people on this board would rather be sentenced to death, or be in solitary confinement for the rest of their life.

For me, I've seen solitary confinement cells where you live in a space smaller than my bathroom, only it's without a window. I think I'd go crazy in there after a week...but I can't speak for anyone else.

I think I'd be desperately lonely. I just can't imagine living like that. Lonliness can be so terrible.
I'm with you there as well. All I would have is my mind to keep me company, and that is a terrible thing for me.

unshakeable15
05-06-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm with you there as well. All I would have is my mind to keep me company, and that is a terrible thing for me.
That's a terrible thing for anyone. Except maybe those with mutiple personalities. ;)

Isildur9473
05-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I think it's a great thing that they didn't kill him. It makes him suffer more since he wants to be martyred for Allah. It's better to burn out than to fade away, and he's going to fade away and be forgotten. That's the last thing that he wants.

terrasin
05-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Except now we are the ones paying for his stay. They need to come up with ways to have them pay for themselves. :\

By the way, nice Highlander quote. It's my fav movie. ;)

CJ

Isildur9473
05-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Except now we are the ones paying for his stay. They need to come up with ways to have them pay for themselves. :\

It's worth it in this case I believe.

By the way, nice Highlander quote. It's my fav movie. ;)

CJ

lol, I was actually quoting Kurt Cobain's suicide note. ;)

terrasin
05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Heh, maybe he was a Highlander fan. ;)

CJ

disciple
05-06-2006, 05:45 PM
That's a terrible thing for anyone. Except maybe those with mutiple personalities. ;)
I hope that was sarcasm. ;)

NightCrawler
05-06-2006, 06:41 PM
I think it's a great thing that they didn't kill him. It makes him suffer more since he wants to be martyred for Allah. It's better to burn out than to fade away, and he's going to fade away and be forgotten. That's the last thing that he wants.
Paul was in jail for years and years, he boasted about his chains. I can't remember at all how he died. Boom! One of the most important apostles to our modern church!

NightCrawler
05-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I know you are joking, but I would HIGHLY recommend you looking into DID (dissociative identity disorder)... It sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about, and DID (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder) is facinating!!

amodman
05-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I know you are joking, but I would HIGHLY recommend you looking into DID (dissociative identity disorder)... It sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about, and DID (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder) is facinating!!

Yes it is intruiging to study those with their very being haven been shattered by multiple demonic posession :-\. Okay, not always the case, but not always not either.

petrameansrock
05-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I agree that Moussouaui should not have gotten the death penalty. Think about it, which is worse?

Death Penalty:
He dies quickly and painlessly
He is martyred and is a hero to militant Muslims
He gets to make a last speech that people will have to listen to
He dies thinking he did the right thing in his mind
He doesn't have to wait to die of old age
If he kills himself he will die alone and no one will know
In prison he wont be able to make a last speech or emotionally torture the victims families further
He has years and years to reflect on what he would have done
He is forgotten and when he dies, he will get a little blurb somewhere in the middle of the newspaper and people will see it and say "hmmm oh right THAT guy"

Prison is worse. Believe me.

TheFireBreathes
05-07-2006, 09:50 AM
he'd most definetely go to hell...But Im not the one to judge :D

timmyrotter
05-08-2006, 01:13 PM
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Convicted Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the plot and wants to withdraw his guilty plea because he now believes he can get a fair trial. In a motion filed Friday but released Monday, Moussaoui said he testified March 27 he was supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

aliengurl7
05-08-2006, 01:22 PM
He's a nut, I doubt he had anything to do with it. He just wants credit for it. He even said President Bush was going to set him free. What sane man says something like that.

unshakeable15
05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Life in Prison
He is forgotten and when he dies, he will get a little blurb somewhere in the middle of the newspaper and people will see it and say "hmmm oh right THAT guy"
i VERY much doubt that. If Don Knotts, star of such beloved classics as "The Incredible Mr. Limpet", gets a front page story when he died, Moussaoui will as well.

NightCrawler
05-15-2006, 07:43 AM
I agree that Moussouaui should not have gotten the death penalty. Think about it, which is worse?

Death Penalty:
He dies quickly and painlessly
He is martyred and is a hero to militant Muslims
He gets to make a last speech that people will have to listen to
He dies thinking he did the right thing in his mind
He doesn't have to wait to die of old age
Painlessly? You're joking, right? Unless you are stressing 'less' rather than 'no' pain.

Life in Prison
He has to wait for old age to set in or he has to kill himself
If he dies of old age, he wont become a martyr, he will die alone and without being heard
If he kills himself he will die alone and no one will know
In prison he wont be able to make a last speech or emotionally torture the victims families further
He has years and years to reflect on what he would have done

Prison is worse. Believe me.No one will hear him? I am sure he will either have an inmate or people that are in his block that he will communicate with occasionally. Even guards. You DO remember that the gospel has been spread to some people by these means. I believe it was Paul and Silas. Yes, I just googled it.

Wow, so the Donut Hole was useful afterall!!!!!!