yousaidRake
05-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Savior was getting great radio play and then it just stopped. What happened? Oh, and why wasn't there a video for "OPEN WOUNDS"?

theelectric3
05-08-2006, 11:15 AM
perhaps the label thought it'd be better to save the money that would have been used for yet another video and instead put it toward the new cd (?).

timmyrotter
05-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Savior was getting great radio play and then it just stopped. What happened? Oh, and why wasn't there a video for "OPEN WOUNDS"?

well thats the way radio works, it was played for a long enough time. and it only had like 640 plays a week on active rock radio. witch was like number 22 at its peek. not really great...

terrasin
05-08-2006, 12:21 PM
That's a good place considering it was the secular chart and there are stations that specifically play rock. It was a huge step for Skillet. Though had some unmentionable label been more patient and waited to release the album, it would have been a heck of a lot higher, possibably top 10 because there would have been no split crowd.

As for the video... they cost money and John didn't think it was worth it to release a second video and it was too late really to redo the video for Savior (which I think should have been aired anyway). There were a lot of big mistakes with Collide because of the labels not working together. This time I think there will be a lot more progress.

CJ

404not_found
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
they cost money and John didn't think it was worth it to release a second video and it was too late really to redo the video for Savior (which I think should have been aired anyway)
-----------------------------------

What do you mean? About it being aired I mean. Why wasn't it aired and what was wrong with it (if it was too late to redo Savior, something had to be wrong with it in order for them to wanna redo it I mean)?

unshakeable15
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
The only thing "wrong" with it was that Lava said it was similiar to another video they'd recently released by another one of their artists. i don't know about anyone else, but i have yet to hear what that other video is.

timmyrotter
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
i think i can find out Mike. and i hate to burst anyones bubble, it wasnt a huge step in the sense that they got popular in the secular world. does anyone know how many Collide albums were sold? ive studied radio and singles for a couple years now, and they didnt do that great...
the next cd will be a better sucess!

unshakeable15
05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
It wasn't a major secular success, you're correct. But it was the Skillet album that sold the most. And that IS a success.

timmyrotter
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
here are a list of songs that were released by lava near the release of Savior (at least ones that could be like the SAvior VId.)
Smile Empty Soul "Silhouettes" (Lava) <<my guess
Nonpoint "The Truth" (Lava)
Smile Empty Soul "Nowhere Kids" (Lava)
Cold "Happens All The Time" (Lava)

unshakeable15
05-12-2006, 11:41 AM
i couldn't find videos for "Silhouettes" or "Happens All the Time" but "Nowhere Kids" looks like it gets my vote. The messsage of that song is the same as the video for "Savior" (but not the song), and they play inside a house at dusk (or with dusky colors).

yousaidRake
05-13-2006, 09:47 AM
"Happens All The Time" by Cold was released nearly a year after "Savior". The video can be found here:

http://www.spreadthecold.com/video.html

As you see, it's not similar at all.