zeroneff
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
This year in e3 no new GBA were shown

Isildur9473
05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
That's too bad. Ummm, wait, no it isn't. GBA sucks.

zeroneff
05-19-2006, 07:22 PM
That's too bad. Ummm, wait, no it isn't. GBA sucks.
that is not true :-* :evil: >:( :o

Pretendeavor
05-20-2006, 04:10 AM
gba is preety much dead. its all about the nintendo ds.

disciple
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it probably is dead. The GBA had potential, but they should have delayed and went with DS all the way. Now the GBA is like a "waste of time".

amodman
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it probably is dead. The GBA had potential, but they should have delayed and went with DS all the way. Now the GBA is like a "waste of time".

Ummm, not really. The Gba had a normal lifespan as well as sold like hotcakes...

disciple
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I meant for my sake, sorry. :D

zeroneff
05-22-2006, 02:47 PM
then who ever bought a micro flush 100 dollars down the toilet

Isildur9473
05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
that is not true :-* :evil: >:( :o

Actually, yes it is. Nintendo hasn't put out anything good since.. Super Nintendo and select titles on the N64. Sony is the best now, unless you're an X-Box fan, then I would have to say that X-Box is the best.

skilletosis
05-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Wrong. We love the GameCube. Great games that are family friendly. Love the Mario DDR. I think it boils down to the type of games you play as to which system you're going to like. The kids can't wait till the next Zelda game comes out.

skynes
05-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Actually, yes it is. Nintendo hasn't put out anything good since.. Super Nintendo and select titles on the N64. Sony is the best now, unless you're an X-Box fan, then I would have to say that X-Box is the best.

Oh don't talk rubbish. Nintendo has had plenty of great games - Smash Bros? Ocarina of Time? ring any bells?

Metroid Prime and Prime 2?

Remember Pokemon? thats a post SNES game.

The GBA is the best handheld to date. It is better than the DS and the PSP.

Advance Wars, Pokemon, Megaman Battle Network, Megaman Zero, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Zelda.

Those were all excellent series on the GBA.

zeroneff
05-23-2006, 04:16 AM
final fantasy 1,2 and 4

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Oh don't talk rubbish. Nintendo has had plenty of great games - Smash Bros? Ocarina of Time? ring any bells?

Metroid Prime and Prime 2?

Remember Pokemon? thats a post SNES game.

Advance Wars, Pokemon, Megaman Battle Network, Megaman Zero, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Zelda.

Those were all excellent series on the GBA.

Rubbish... Hmm.. Guess I don't agree with you.

Zelda's sucked since SNES, Pokemon was fun when I was 6, I tried to play it a few years ago and would have rather driven a car off a bridge, Advance Wars I can't say that I've tried, Megaman has never held my interest, I prefer Sony for the following reasons..

Grand Theft Auto series, Final Fantasy series, Resident Evil series, Dino Crisis (That's right, I like that game), Killzone, the Driver series and a lot of other titles.

I suppose in my opinion, Nintendo has really lost it in the past 10 years. Goldeneye I will admit, I had fun with that. That's about the only one I can think of saying that about.

skynes
05-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Resi Evil is now a Nintendo game.
More Final Fantasies are going onto Nintendo now. (FF3 on DS anyone?)

From what I've seen Pokemon is improving. Leaf Green is the best yet.

Luvnoswin2sayno
05-23-2006, 08:30 AM
what is GBA?

zeroneff
05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Game Boy Advance
aka Game boy

there is GTA for GBA

FF3 is so cool i think it needs its own post

amodman
05-23-2006, 02:59 PM

That's a bold claim. I mean, considering that the DS can play GBA titles as well as games like Advance Wars, New Super Mario, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi 2, Phonix Wright, The New Castlevania (whatever the heck title they're on now, Meteos, etc. And, as I'm personally hyped for, the new releases of Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi's Island, Starfox, ff3, & Children of Mana coming out :D.

Edit: Since when can the DS output CGI like this?! http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/1418-Final_Fantasy_III-video-1.html :o

zeroneff
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
the DS is GBA baby

aliengurl7
05-23-2006, 08:03 PM
I like gba, screw DS.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
i seriously prefer PS2....

amodman
05-23-2006, 08:40 PM
i seriously prefer PS2....

Over Gba? What are you trying to debate? That's not even a coherent comparison...One's a portable, one's a home console ???.

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Game Boy Advance
aka Game boy

there is GTA for GBA

FF3 is so cool i think it needs its own post

Sorry, I meant good GTA titles. GTA for Gameboy is like miniature golf, it's too limited.

skynes
05-24-2006, 12:55 AM
That's a bold claim. I mean, considering that the DS can play GBA titles as well as games like Advance Wars, New Super Mario, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi 2, Phonix Wright, The New Castlevania (whatever the heck title they're on now, Meteos, etc. And, as I'm personally hyped for, the new releases of Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi's Island, Starfox, ff3, & Children of Mana coming out :D.

Edit: Since when can the DS output CGI like this?! http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/1418-Final_Fantasy_III-video-1.html :o

Have you seen GBA games designed specifically for the DS?
Thats my point really. It's still a GBA game.

The range of GBA games knocks the DS games into the ground over and over.

Most of the DS games you mentioned aren't even out yet, which is my biggest gripe with the DS! No decent games! I got a DS, and did nothing with it for a year, not until Advance Wars DS came out, then 6 months later, Metroid Prime: Hunters came out.

I shouldnt have to wait so long just for two games.
Yet the GBA has swarmed me with good games.

That's why I prefer GBA over DS.

oh that and I happen to love SNES style graphics and gameplay, which the GBA replicates perfectly.

disciple
05-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Rubbish... Hmm.. Guess I don't agree with you.

Zelda's sucked since SNES, Pokemon was fun when I was 6, I tried to play it a few years ago and would have rather driven a car off a bridge, Advance Wars I can't say that I've tried, Megaman has never held my interest, I prefer Sony for the following reasons..

Grand Theft Auto series, Final Fantasy series, Resident Evil series, Dino Crisis (That's right, I like that game), Killzone, the Driver series and a lot of other titles.

I suppose in my opinion, Nintendo has really lost it in the past 10 years. Goldeneye I will admit, I had fun with that. That's about the only one I can think of saying that about.
If you played KillZone online, I'd almost rent it when I have Internet to play with you. Of course, I haven't been any good at it ever, which is why I only rented it once.

To each their own, Greg, you gotta remember that. But I do think Nintendo has lost a good lot of its quality in quantity -- they used to churn out awesome gamesl ike no other -- but now that Sony has bought all of those good companies away, it's difficult for Nintendo to make good games in any sort of measurable quantity. Though, hardware-wise, I am not fond of Sony's systems to date.

As an avid Sony fan, I'd almost think you were a member of Sony's Gamer Advisory Panel. But I'd dare to dream of having a friend I could play online with like that.

skynes
05-25-2006, 12:42 AM
I have a friend who's on some Sony panel...

Pretendeavor
05-25-2006, 03:48 AM
If you played KillZone online, I'd almost rent it when I have Internet to play with you. Of course, I haven't been any good at it ever, which is why I only rented it once.

To each their own, Greg, you gotta remember that. But I do think Nintendo has lost a good lot of its quality in quantity -- they used to churn out awesome gamesl ike no other -- but now that Sony has bought all of those good companies away, it's difficult for Nintendo to make good games in any sort of measurable quantity. Though, hardware-wise, I am not fond of Sony's systems to date.

As an avid Sony fan, I'd almost think you were a member of Sony's Gamer Advisory Panel. But I'd dare to dream of having a friend I could play online with like that.

dude i keep on telling you im on the Gamer Advisory Panel!

disciple
05-25-2006, 02:10 PM
dude i keep on telling you im on the Gamer Advisory Panel!
I know, I heard you. I meant for Online gaming, though. :P I can pretend not to know someone then gang up on our fellow teamkillers... I miss the SOCOM fun. ::]