kid next door
05-23-2006, 03:47 AM
what is love and how can i tell some one i love them?

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 06:03 AM
It's more complicated than a question. I'm fairly sure that you'd know straight out. Teenage love is really... Difficult isn't it?

timmyrotter
05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
yes, yes it is... and i think you spelled your font wrong...

Heri Altariel
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me... no more, no more.

:D

Greg's right.

as~i~lay~dying
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I think the best description of love is this ...

(1Co 13:4) Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

(1Co 13:5) or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

(1Co 13:6) it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

(1Co 13:7) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

(1Co 13:8) Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

(1Co 13:9) For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

(1Co 13:10) but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

(1Co 13:11) When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

(1Co 13:12) For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

(1Co 13:13) So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

If you are more concerend about the other persons happiness and wellbeing than your own and are willing to die to protect them that is love. How do you tell somone you love them? I think I love you works just fine =)

sky_flashings
05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me... no more, no more.

:D

Greg's right.
That's exactly what I was thinking... ;)

frymeskillet
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM

(1Co 13:4) Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

(1Co 13:5) or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

(1Co 13:7) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

(1Co 13:8 ) Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

(1Co 13:11) When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

(1Co 13:12) For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

(1Co 13:13) So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I love this chapter...

Love is....extremely hard to put into words...I think that those verses explain it all

cloroxmartini
05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking... ;)
And me too. :P

TheFireBreathes
05-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I think we all were thinking that.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 07:17 PM

(1Co 13:8) Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

If you are more concerend about the other persons happiness and wellbeing than your own and are willing to die to protect them that is love. How do you tell somone you love them? I think I love you works just fine =)

i agree with as~i~lay~dying. :)

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I think we all were thinking that.

I wasn't thinking that....... :P :P :P :P Haha! TEASE OMG!

NightCrawler
05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
@ Kid next door
You are gonna have some problems unless you understand the difference among lust, love, friendliness and untamed emotions. You have posted once. Talk to your youth leader or parents, they understand and can explain it better than we can online.

@Greg
You're too concise.

@Timmy
No, he just didn't know you can't put font styles in headlines ;)

@Shea
I love that song, and I feel like bouncing my head like Night of the Roxberry.

@Jessica
That is about agape love, a God love. I think the kid that posted is talking about eros and phileo love. One of special interest, kinship and intimacy.

@Greg
I like using '@'s now. It is convenient and I like it. Thanks for using it and showing me the way.

Side rant, @ anyone that is reading this:
I don't know if it is appropriate to post the 'Love Chapter' when talking to teenage guys that are interested in girls. They can't tell the difference (in the KJV, it is translated 'charity' not 'love') between God's unconditional agape love, as opposed to his love he is to have for his mate. Yes, they are different.

as~i~lay~dying
05-25-2006, 12:51 AM
@Jessica
That is about agape love, a God love. I think the kid that posted is talking about eros and phileo love. One of special interest, kinship and intimacy.

Side rant, @ anyone that is reading this:
I don't know if it is appropriate to post the 'Love Chapter' when talking to teenage guys that are interested in girls. They can't tell the difference (in the KJV, it is translated 'charity' not 'love') between God's unconditional agape love, as opposed to his love he is to have for his mate. Yes, they are different.

I believe this ch. relates very well to this subject ... at least vs 4-8. True love is patient and kind bears all thing, etc. Also, I did not realize this was a teenage boy ... and I agree talk with a youth leader ...

agent_c68
05-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey Kid,

You sound like a guy I know. Anyways, he was “in Love” with this one girl. I always told me how much he loved her, wanted to be with her, and all that. One day he decided that was the day that he was going to tell her, to go up to her and say those three words “I love you.” I told him right there that it was not a good idea. Why, because even though he was so deeply in love with her, she did not feel that way about him. They were barely even friends because he was so freaked out to talk to her, but he had made the emotional attachment to her. Thankfully he agreed with me and started to open his eyes to the reality of the situation, because that was one of the last times I heard that he was “in Love” with her.

Here’s a warning, when a girl is not interested in a romantic relationship, she can be colder then ice. I’m serious, I’ve had two girls, whom I was good friends with, both tell me that they would never go out with me. I’m not saying that all girls will be as cold (neither of these girls I though could be that cold), but there needs to be some relationship there first before you can start pursuing deeper relationships until you get to the point where you don’t have to roll a hard 6. In other words: don’t say “I love you” until you are know that she shares the same feelings. Some girls like daring guys, but there is a point where daring becomes dim-witted. Also, don’t underestimate a girl’s sense of observation. They may notice that you are interested sooner then you realize.

My advice: First, Pray about it and continue until God answers yes (she starts talking to you more) or no (she sends you and E-mail saying “Never”). Second, develop a friendship with her. Third, be yourself. And finally (this one is not tested), Be formless (Art of War thing), hang out with other girls, but don’t make it too obvious who you are interested in (this way she doesn’t block you from a direct approach at first and she doesn’t count you out either).

NightCrawler
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I believe this ch. relates very well to this subject ... at least vs 4-8. True love is patient and kind bears all thing, etc. Also, I did not realize this was a teenage boy ... and I agree talk with a youth leader ...
Well, my difference is... The kid wants to know if the emotional reactions welling up inside of him is 'true love', right? So why give instructions on how to live a godly life (filled with the Holy Spirit, loving others the way every Christian should treat everybody), rather than just say "hey, I don't know the girl. Most girls are different and have different cues. But hey, pray about it and wait for God to guide you." ... because he needs more that than "love keeps no record of wrongs" or "love hopes all things"... It'll just confuse him.

as~i~lay~dying
05-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Well, my difference is... The kid wants to know if the emotional reactions welling up inside of him is 'true love', right? So why give instructions on how to live a godly life (filled with the Holy Spirit, loving others the way every Christian should treat everybody), rather than just say "hey, I don't know the girl. Most girls are different and have different cues. But hey, pray about it and wait for God to guide you." ... because he needs more that than "love keeps no record of wrongs" or "love hopes all things"... It'll just confuse him.

Well, he did ask what love is ... But I get what you are saying~