k-pak
05-23-2006, 08:27 PM
I am a new fan and how much I adore your music. However, I was surprised to come here to learn that the Christianity Boards are last. The Christianity Boards should be first!

It is your gift of music that helps bring people to Jesus and God. Jesus and God should be first, in all things. Remember, without him, it is not possible to make the inspiring music you are making and the great fans you have.

Use your gift to its fullest to help save people. Let the Christianity Boards be the first thing they see when they come and visit. :)

Put the Christianity Boards first....Or God will show you how he should always be first.

K-Pak :)

amodman
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
...k-pak. First of all, this message board is neither run nor frequented by the actual members of the band Skillet (occasionally Ben might stop by, but that's about it). Secondly, all this is is a MESSAGE BOARD. If you want a discussion forum specifically dedicated to discussing religious topics, plenty of them exist. This is, in fact, a fan board for Skillet. Most people don't come here with the purpose inmind to discuss spiritual matter. That matter pending, there is no progression of the topics' importance depending on their placement in the layout whatsoever. There is no "last" and there is no "first." There is only top of the page, and bottom of the page. And it honestly makes no difference what is where. And finally, would God want you to be making veiled threats on his behalf on such a trivial issue? If you want to participate in the Christian boards, by all means, do so. But I very much doubt anyone will appreciate your chosen tone of voice here attempting condemn people for not perceivably adhering to your values (even if they very well might even be).

aliengurl7
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Does it matter which goes first? I mean common, it's just a message board, it's nothing really important like putting Christ first in your life. It doesn't mean Jesus is on the bottom of Skillet's list, its just the way the board was designed. I doubt God looks at panheads and says" Why are the spritual boards way at the bottom?" He's not a small God. He understands, and has better things to do then dwell on such petty things.

k-pak
05-23-2006, 08:55 PM
My apologies, I thought Skillet frequented here. That message was directed toward them. I thought they made this forum, putting their band info at the top and spiritual discussion at the bottom.

I never said I spoke for God. But its a fact that he brings the proud down the their knees.

I get frustrated when people idolize celebrities. Don't you think you're idolizing Skillet? What is the message Skillet brings? Are you idolizing and being fans of the band or are you being fans of the message?

Who are you rooting for? God? or Skillet? God...or Skillet? I'm confused. What message are we showing people? Skillet's songs and lyrics should be used to help spirutally save people, not be used as an idol for us to worship.

Think I'm wrong? Meditate on it for awhile. Research it in the bible.

Does it matter which goes first? I mean common, it's just a message board, it's nothing really important like putting Christ first in your life.

Not really important? Since when did saving people not become important? Since when did idolizing not become important. Little things 'do' matter.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm offering a different perspective of things.

Again, if I'm wrong, prove me wrong by the bible. Or verify me by the bible. You tell me not to talk about religion, isn't that backing up my statement that you are idolizing Skillet? Do you want a censored version of religion discussion (only what you agree with?) You should NEVER turn a human away from talking about religion. I would think you would find the challenge rather enlightening.....

I doubt God looks at panheads and says" Why are the spritual boards way at the bottom?" He's not a small God. He understands, and has better things to do then dwell on such petty things.

Everything I've written can be verified by the bible.

aliengurl7
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Not really important? Since when did saving people not become important? Since when did idolizing not become important. Little things 'do' matter.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm offering a different perspective of things.

Again, if I'm wrong, prove me wrong by the bible. Or verify me by the bible. You tell me not to talk about religion, isn't that backing up my statement that you are idolizing Skillet? Do you want a censored version of religion discussion (only what you agree with?) You should NEVER turn a human away from talking about religion. I would think you would find the challenge rather enlightening.....

Everything I've written can be verified by the bible.

I'm saying putting Christ in your life first is important, a messageboard is not. I never said you couldn't talk about religion. "that you are idolizing Skillet?" Judge not lest you be judged. It doesn't matter if the religious boards are in the middle,on the bottom, floating on the side, or on the top it can still be seen no matter where it is at, its not invisible. Don't turn this into a issue when its not.

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I have news for you. You're going to hell too. You thought abuot eating today didn't you? How could you think about eating food above God? You do know that the person who idolizes an item is doomed right? Stop thinking about food.

Furthermore, why are you using a computer? You're aware you have to concentrate on what you're writing, pressing the power button, waiting for it to boot up etc. Do you know how bad that is? You're not focusing on God, you're focusing on technology.

Wait... You seem to know how to even speak correct English on here. Are you saying that you took the time to go to school, or be homeschooled and learn how to do that? God will be furious!

cloroxmartini
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
This is very interesting. This site never claimed to idolize Skillet. It's simply a message bored where fans (or in the case of Greg here, haters) of Skillet can get together and talk about stuff (not just Skillet by the way). And I think the reason that the Christianity section is at the bottom is because, well, it's not the main focus of this site. That's not to say that we're placing Skillet above Christ, and there's no way you could actually claim that we do because there's no basis for it whatsoever. If you haven't noticed, it's actually pretty hard to tell where someone stands in their relationship with Christ over the internet.

lamb_servant72
05-24-2006, 04:27 AM
You could think of the arrangements of the board as evangelism. Not the in-your-face-you-don't-know-me-but-believe-every-word-I-say kind.

First, you find something in common with someone. (In this case, Skillet, with the "Skillet talk" at the top.)

Next, you become friends (the general boards).

Then, you can witness to people who have come to respect and trust you, because they have come to know you truly care about them (the Christianity boards).

I've watched several join and "hang out" only at the top for awhile. Then, and often it's because of some hardship they are facing, they travel South. That's where the friends they have made "up top" reach out to them with Christ's love.

You can also compare the board set-up with the way some churches have Praise and Worship. First, you praise (Hey, friend, How are you?) then, you worship (that's the deeper stuff).

terrasin
05-24-2006, 06:33 AM
In addition to everything that has been said, this is a Skillet fan forum. Whether run by the fanclub or even if it was run by the band themselves, the topic of conversation here is mainly about the band as it is the purpose of the forum. You need to remember that a lot of Skillet fans out there aren't Christians and don't wish to take part in that type of conversation. It's not idolization to have a forum dedicated to a band. We are here supporting music we love. That doesn't mean we've put it ahead of God in any way. The order of how the forum is setup has nothing to do with how we view God in our personal lives. But I say again, this is a band website.

Skillet themselves do put God first. Anyone who knows them will tell you that.

CJ

timmyrotter
05-24-2006, 06:59 AM
this thread is retarded... im locking it!

k-pak
05-24-2006, 07:13 AM
lamb_servant72, great post and a good way to look at things.

aliengurl7, the correct way to quote that passage is in its entirety. The correct way to quote that passage is the following, which you will see it take on a new meaning versus the only sentence you posted:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [is] in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

If you're driving on a broken bridge and I'm on the ground watching you, should I stare silently because an hour before I was driving on the same bridge? Should I not say anything to you because that would make me hypocritical? Or should I scream from the top of my lungs that you're about to fall to your death off the broken bridge?

Why would you want to silence anyone who taught Christianity? Scared of a challenge or scared I may be right? I'm waiting on someone to prove me wrong; with the bible. Stop using human logic. It's very deceiving.

Pretendeavor
05-24-2006, 07:24 AM

i agree allot.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:00 AM
i agree allot.

yeah, this thread really doesn't need to be here anymore.
CJ explained everything....lock it quick!

Isildur9473
05-24-2006, 08:18 AM
lamb_servant72, great post and a good way to look at things.

aliengurl7, the correct way to quote that passage is in its entirety. The correct way to quote that passage is the following, which you will see it take on a new meaning versus the only sentence you posted:

If you're driving on a broken bridge and I'm on the ground watching you, should I stare silently because an hour before I was driving on the same bridge? Should I not say anything to you because that would make me hypocritical? Or should I scream from the top of my lungs that you're about to fall to your death off the broken bridge?

Why would you want to silence anyone who taught Christianity? Scared of a challenge or scared I may be right? I'm waiting on someone to prove me wrong; with the bible. Stop using human logic. It's very deceiving.

So are you just trying to be funny? I couldn't imagine that you'd actually be serious, congratulations on making the funniest thread ever.

On a further note, if you're actually serious, why aren't you praying right now? How come you even own a computer? What's the point in actually working when instead you could be devoting your life to God?

DrummerGurl4God
05-24-2006, 09:10 AM
In addition to everything that has been said, this is a Skillet fan forum. Whether run by the fanclub or even if it was run by the band themselves, the topic of conversation here is mainly about the band as it is the purpose of the forum. You need to remember that a lot of Skillet fans out there aren't Christians and don't wish to take part in that type of conversation. It's not idolization to have a forum dedicated to a band. We are here supporting music we love. That doesn't mean we've put it ahead of God in any way. The order of how the forum is setup has nothing to do with how we view God in our personal lives. But I say again, this is a band website.

Skillet themselves do put God first. Anyone who knows them will tell you that.

CJthey do to put Gid first cuase without Him they wouldnt be were they are today and if you knew really knew skillet (which you probebly do) then you would know that They do put God first

kasicalover
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
wow, this whole thing is rather ridiculous.
This site is meant to be a fan site for people to visit, not to idolize Skillet but to discuss what the bands doing, music, and get to know fellow panheads. The placement of the christianity forums on the page shouldn't matter, if someone wants to read them they can, just like if they were at the top of the page and someone didn't want to read them, they don't have to. I don't even understand what your problem is k-pak, why are you being so insistant. Do you want us to go find a scripture that says thou shalt put christian boards anywhere on a web page. What are you trying to prove, and what sort of conclusions did you instantly jump to about this board. You're new, you don't know the people you don't know their hearts and you have no right to say whether or not they are idolizing a band or not putting God first. Maybe you could help me to understand why you think this is such a big deal.

timmyrotter
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
maybe k-pak is right, after all tu-pak was... see where that got him... anywho we should even like bands, especially non-christian ones cause we all know they are going to hell and if we listen to them we deserve the same fate. panheads.org needs to be a site dedicated only to scripture.

theelectric3
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
My apologies, I thought Skillet frequented here. That message was directed toward them. I thought they made this forum, putting their band info at the top and spiritual discussion at the bottom.

that was our decision, the moderators of panheads.org.

we did it that way because since this is a message board dedicated to Skillet, their music and message, we felt it best to have forums on top for people to talk about the band. Skillet's audience is no longer just christian, so we want all to feel welcome to come and post. we do not want people to feel like they have to be christian in order to post on this message board or listen to Skillet.

not true.

just because the Christianity boards are at the bottom of the page does not mean they are lower in value. they are still there for those choosing to participate in the discussions.

and to those who do not want to, or do not feel comfortable with doing so, we have plenty of other places on here where they can join in on the discussions.

thanks for expressing your concern but, as it has been stated, the band does not run this site. so please don't bash them for decisions that we, here at panheads.org, chose to do.

thanks. :)

and let's not go analyzing the band's walk with the Lord or putting down people who happen to really enjoy skillet's music. to enjoy something does not mean it is an idol.

i'm gonna lock this so everyone can cool down... since now it would just continue in debates, etc.

if someone feels this needs to stay open, feel free to contact one of the moderators and explain why. we're happy to help.

oh, and k-pak, welcome to the boards. :)