skilletosis
05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
It is with great pleasure that I announce the newest member of our family. We haven't named her yet, I'll leave it up to my hubby since it was all his idea. In the interest of making my hubby happy as it was his dream I have agreed to the newest member. She's a Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst finish. My hubby is feeling veclempt. He just came in and told me about how awesome the sustain was "it just keeps going and going". He also had to get a new amp, the one he has was dying it had lived a full life.

Undomiel
05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
cool addition!!! ;)

timmyrotter
05-27-2006, 08:01 PM
congrats on the baby!!!

skilletosis
05-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks you thread wreckers. Now back to the new baby. She sounds so nice. Them humbuckers really kick butt.

john316
05-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the new addition Rach...i am sure your hubby will have a lot of fun with it...us guys just love to get new toys :)

Now as to you guys who took this thread off topic...Stop It!. It is made clear in the Laws of the Land that taking threads of topic will not be tolerated. We understand that it happens sometimes but this stuff of blatantly taking a thread off topic is getting out of hand and will be dealt with.

pizza brain
05-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Congrats! I hope you guys enjoy it!

alorian
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Was talking about me and Greg, not you timmy

theelectric3
05-28-2006, 10:14 PM
ahh.... congratulations on the newest addition. :) i have a les paul standard (ebony) and i am happy with it. i hope your newest addition brings much joy and pride to the family.

:P

skilletosis
05-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the new addition Rach...i am sure your hubby will have a lot of fun with it...us guys just love to get new toys :)

Well he a great guy and deserves it. He has however spent his alotment of fun toy money for the next 15 years. I rationalized it this way. He works so hard for this family he does deserve to get a goodie for himself. I could make him wait till the kids are gone. But right now we can afford it and who says we will later. Plus by the time the kids are gone he may have arthritis and be unable to really enjoy it. So why not let him enjoy his dream. Besides I am going to get to enjoy getting some new furniture and linens for the new house. You know total girl stuff.

We have officially named her Cherry. The reason is two-fold. Yes the finish and I reminded my hubby that it was the girls name from The Outsiders. He liked it and agreed. At first he didn't want to offend me by giving it a girls name. I said "dude guitars always have girl names, pick one". I thought that was sweet of him.

skilletosis
05-29-2006, 09:11 AM
ahh.... congratulations on the newest addition. :) i have a les paul standard (ebony) and i am happy with it. i hope your newest addition brings much joy and pride to the family.

:P

Oh Tracy you have guts. I've read lot's of reviews on the ebony finish and how they are dust magnets and smudge easy. But you know when it's a les paul it's worth it. You must be getting pretty good to have made the investment.

theelectric3
05-29-2006, 01:16 PM
i polish it every few weeks and it works out nicely. i haven't had a huge problem with is being all smudgey and such.

i was blessed to learn guitar from a studio musician for over 4 years.

cherry is a cute name. :)