zeroneff
06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok tell me what you think about this date it's freakying me out alot!!!!!

aliengurl7
06-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Nothing is going to happen, so don't worry about it. All that's going to happen is a movie "The Omen" is going to come out. No aliens from outerspace are going to invade, or all of the sudden its the end of the world, its just another day.

alorian
06-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Oohhh maannnn.

There's nothing special about the date. Well, anniversary of D-Day but whatever.

666 is a mark people will "have to receive", not some date something is going to happen.

::]

animeraven34
06-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Nothing is going to happen, so don't worry about it. All that's going to happen is a movie "The Omen" is going to come out.
Correction: a crappy remake of the classic horror movie The Omen is being released. Also, a whole bunch of metal bands are releasing CDs; it's only a stupid marketing ploy.

Isildur9473
06-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I'M SO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 help! I need somebody.. Help! Not just anybody... Help!

dawn of light
06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I'M SO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 help! I need somebody.. Help! Not just anybody... Help!

hahahahaha

Yeah, the Omen looks creepy...just watching the previews makes me feel gross...Thats a movie you couldn't PAY me to watch.

Starbucks5721
06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
National Emo Kid Beatdown Day <3

http://www.thehotcrew.com/wp-content/Emo-Day.jpg

amodman
06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
666 is a mark people will "have to receive", not some date something is going to happen.

Actually, we don't even know that for sure. 666 is a loos description/translation of "the mark of the beast." It's probabably not even literal...but I digress, heh.

theelectric3
06-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Ok tell me what you think about this date it's freakying me out alot!!!!!

This is the day that the Lord has made, We will rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24)

The Lord mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:23)

june 6, 2006 is another gift from God for us to enjoy - not to live in fear of one is who is already defeated.

do not let your heart be troubled, trust God and rest in Him. :)

alorian
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
yes tracy, exactly :)

Actually, we don't even know that for sure. 666 is a loos description/translation of "the mark of the beast." It's probabably not even literal...but I digress, heh.

I cold go into alot here, but meh, I was just trying to be simplistic *shrugs*

Schneb
06-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Its a day just like any other...apart from the fact I have a maths exam...;D

Besides, I don't think anything happened on days such as 06/06/1906...

alorian
06-05-2006, 01:13 PM
It's a sign! Math exams on 6606. Math is EVIL!!!

skilletfreak101
06-05-2006, 02:09 PM

DUDE THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!

sky_flashings
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd just like to mention that the year is not 6. It's 2006. There's no need to be freaking out over the date 6-6-2006.

Isildur9473
06-05-2006, 02:14 PM
6... 6-6! The number of the beast! Hell and fire was spawned to be released!

Tis just a number, why are you blowing it out of what it really is? Numerology is far too powerful if you ask me.

aliengurl7
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Correction: a crappy remake of the classic horror movie The Omen is being released. Also, a whole bunch of metal bands are releasing CDs; it's only a stupid marketing ploy.
A crappy remake, the first one wasn't very good to begin with. So, why not? Its a pretty smart move even though it is a crappy movie, you know they are going to make alot of money off it because of the release date. So go see it.

animeraven34
06-05-2006, 02:51 PM
A crappy remake, the first one wasn't very good to begin with. So, why not? Its a pretty smart move even though it is a crappy movie, you know they are going to make alot of money off it because of the release date. So go see it.
Nope. First, I take a low opinion of directors and writers that can't come up with their own original material and end up screwing with a great story. Second, I happened to really like the original Omen. Third, from what I've seen in trailers and such, it's less of a remake and more a carbon copy, only with crappy actors...kinda like Psycho. Fourth, they go from 'starring Gregory Peck' to 'starring Julia Stiles'? ::] I'm sick of this trend of remaking classic horror movies and I'm trying to wait patiently for it to end.

The only things I'm gonna do tommorow are roll my eyes (probably a lot), jump for joy because my copy of Zao's new CD will have been shipped, and wait for the reviews calling The Omen a piece of crap.

Heri Altariel
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
A kid today mentioned it.

Him: Tomorrow is the worst day ever.
Me: Why?
Him: 666.
Me: It's not 666. It's 662006.
Him: Yeah, but take the beginning part away and you have 666 (You know, how people say, I was born in 92!)
Me: That would be 6606. If there was a 666, that would be in year 6.

I've also seen many people saying that tomorrow is the day Jesus will come back. But in the Bible is says that Jesus will come as a thief in the night. :)

disciple
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah. ::] People. Sorry, no words for the simple-minded.

korey_cooper_jr
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Nothing is going to happen, so don't worry about it. All that's going to happen is a movie "The Omen" is going to come out. No aliens from outerspace are going to invade, or all of the sudden its the end of the world, its just another day.

Haha, okay, that's what those signs meant! I had went to New York a couple of weeks back, and I kept seeing these signs that said "6-6-06 Heed The Omen" or "6-6-06 You Have Been Wanred", and I just guessed they were talking about how it was 666. *shrugs* But now I know :)

theelectric3
06-05-2006, 06:03 PM
perhaps this is like another Y2K scare?

:P

disciple
06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
perhaps this is like another Y2K scare?

:P
I remember those days. My sister and I sat up complaining about the scheme. ::]

Isildur9473
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
How can we sit here talking about numbers when..

The Magical Mystery Tour

Will take us away!

unshakeable15
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
i must say, it is rather appropriate that the California Primaries are tomorrow. :P hehehe.

alorian
06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Hahah. More evil :P math exams, californian politics, heheh ;)

terrasin
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
This thread isn't even worth my time to post in...
... oh, wait... :\

CJ

skynes
06-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Who ya gonna call... GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

404not_found
06-06-2006, 12:29 AM

ROFLMAO!! Funniest thing I've read/seen all day.

alorian
06-06-2006, 12:31 AM
So this thread is now a ghostbusters, movie remake, emo-bashing one the? Heheh

Isildur9473
06-06-2006, 12:40 AM
So this thread is now a ghostbusters, movie remake, emo-bashing one the? Heheh

How can you forget....

The Magical Mystery Tour

terrasin
06-06-2006, 12:48 AM
That would be great. Have the Ghostbusters pop in durring a horror film.

CJ

alorian
06-06-2006, 12:50 AM
I am so sorry for forgetting

And that would be excellent ;)

skynes
06-06-2006, 01:53 AM
End of World, mage Apocalypse, forceso f hell running rampant... who ELSE is there to call but the Ghostbusters?

zeroneff
06-06-2006, 06:23 AM
This is the day that the Lord has made, We will rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24)

june 6, 2006 is another gift from God for us to enjoy - not to live in fear of one is who is already defeated.

Thanks to everyone um I was kind of freak out becuse my grandma was making a big deal about it... thean everyone started talking about it......

Starbucks5721
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Heh...here is some great funnery from a friend of a friend:

6/6/06: The Mark of the Marketing Department

Today is June 6, 2006 if you're using the Gregorian calendar. This date can be rendered as 6-6-06, which is sort of similar to what English translations of the Bible render as the "number of the Beast," referenced in the Book of Revelation. For whatever reason, this has folks all a-twitter.

Since I'm tagged as the religious one at work, I got it this morning. "You know what today is, right?" a co-worker said slyly.

"Yeah! The Feast of St. Eustorgius II, bishop of Milan!" I replied. "I'm psyched! He sure ransomed a lot of captives from invading barbarians."

Okay, so that conversation never happened. But some people are nervous about the date, including a Dutch evangelical group currently in the midst of a round-the-clock prayer vigil. There are also reportedly bookies online taking bets on whether the world will end today. Question: If it does, how do you collect on the bet?

The fear of the number 666 has the magnificent name hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. This is an irrational fear for several reasons, not least of which is that John didn't write "666," since Arabic numerals weren't in use in the Roman Empire then, and in fact the mysterious number is almost certainly a coded reference to Nero.

A cynical person might look at this and say all of this hoopla is being whipped up by the makers of the remake of "The Omen," which we all remember fondly as the movie in which Gregory Peck discovered that the mother of his child was a dog of some kind.

An even more cynical person might use this as an excuse to make up some phoney facts about 666.

Surprising Facts About 666
1. The Number of the Beast was originally 323, but it was changed to 666 on the orders of Pope Lethargy IV, because 323 was the password for his voicemail.

2. The Vatican's special preparations for 6-6-06 include a symposium at which leading exorcists discuss whether "The Omen" remake is a career misstep for Julia Stiles.

3. Marginal glosses in the oldest extant fragments of John's Apocalypse indicate that, while anyone without the mark of the Beast won't be able to "buy or sell," they might be able to search Froogle for bargains.

4. A careful parsing of the prophecies of Nostradamus indicate that he predicted great peril for June 6, 2006, including a surprisingly precise reference to "Strummin' With the Devil: A Bluegrass Tribute to Van Halen," released today.

5. The Great Fire of London in 1666 may have originally been a promotional tie-in for a theater production of "Ye Omene."

6. The world did end on June 6, 2006, but on that date according to the Julian calendar. So, like 10 days ago. Didn't you notice? There were dragons and fire and everything.

7. There are six letters in each of the names "Ronald Wilson Reagan," and when Reagan left office he lived at 666 St. Cloud Road in Bel Air. This indicates that the Antichrist made some terrible movies.

8. In Hebrew gematria, the letter "waw," roughly corresponding to "w," has the numerical value of six. Thus, three Ws together - as in the abbreviation for "world wide web," equals 666. Thus have we demonstrated the negligible value of a liberal arts education.

9. The Social Security Administration has never assigned the number 666 to anyone, because no metal guitarist could ever equal the blazing potency of the late Randy Rhoads.

10. If you call the telephone number 666-666-6666, you get Satan's house. His Infernal Majesty becomes particularly irate when contacted by telemarketers during the dinner hour.

11. Speculation that the "mark of the Beast" will take the form of bar codes or computer chips is incorrect. The mark of the Beast is actually conferred by Livestrong bracelets.

12. The most satanic fact of all: if you keep believing in numerology, eventually people will stop taking you seriously.

lamb_servant72
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes, today was as horrible as Y2K.:P

alorian
06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, today was horrible! I hung out with some of my favorite friends, outrage! I got some ice cream, then I was forced to chow down tast- tasteLESS pizza. After that go- bad time we went bowling and were ecsta- having a horrible time. After that one of my favorite friends and I played this shoot em up arcade game and actually got pa- only got past the first level! Grrrr

Today was awesomely fun :)

Except.. heheh they changed the bowling alley bathroom so I thought I went in the wrong one ;) I didn't

Schneb
06-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Yay! The world hasn't ended...I didn't miss it did I?

PinkGoo
06-07-2006, 05:59 AM
Dude, I'm like... dead.

skilletfreak101
06-07-2006, 06:09 AM
wow that was the scariest day of my life. seriously though...you know what's funny? yesterday right when 666 hit...my sattelite (for my tv) went out so the tv didn't work, my internet for some reason went down, and one of the speakers in my house's stereo system blew. yeah i think it all had something to do with june 6th :-PPPPPP.

NightCrawler
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
When I was younger so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way.

NightCrawler
06-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Yes, today was as horrible as Y2K.:P
Not here, it was much more tame here this time around.

NightCrawler
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM

Amen!

And ironically, that day gave me more opportunities for God than for Satan. Imagine 6+ of my coworkers reading directly out of my Bible the same verses that all this commotion is about. They were very interested. :D

unshakeable15
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Since we've pretty much nailed this controversy in the head (with a nailgun even!) i think it would be safe to close this thread.

If you disagree...blahblahblah...contact the moderators to unlock it.