animeraven34
06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
So I was just randomly reading about "haunted" places tonight and something happened that really creeped me out. I was reading through a little essay about a Civil War battlefield in Georgia, that was supposedly haunted by some sort of a creature long before the Civil War battle. They gave an eye witness report to back it up, and that's what creeped me out. Why and what does this have to do with dreams? The description of this creature the witness gave was EXACTLY like a creature I used to see in a recurring dream back in high school. I know it was a dream, but it still remains the most terrifying thing I've ever seen. I can still see the thing slowly turning it's head and looking at me with those eyes. And then I find an eye witness account from someone claiming to have seen it in real life. Just the idea that this thing may be real sends chills down my back.

Anyway, to the point. I started this thread in the hopes of getting this off my mind for a while. So, what's the worst, most terrifying dream you've ever had? Or what's the funniest or stupidest dream you've ever had?

skynes
06-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Scariest dream - Seeing the Gates of Hell itself, in crystal clarity and remembering every detail.

sky_flashings
06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
My dreams are often very odd and long. They usually make no sense at all. The best dream I ever had, though, was that I was flying into a bright pink, orange, and red sunset. In this dream I could actually fell the wind and the sun on my face. It was so awesome, that after I woke up, I realized I had a huge grin on my face. :D

disciple
06-06-2006, 01:14 PM
My worst nightmare? It'd be plural.

Seeing the devil rise up out of the Earth and terrorizing mankind.

Witnessing the beginning of a nuclear war.

Having demons descend upon me (the most recent one of these was where a demon took control of me and used me to spread evil).

Many, many dreams where I defiled churches and cursed God's name, spread evil, sinned and spread temptation, and did many horrendous things to people I won't recount, things I was seriously tempted to do before I came to Christ.

That's all I'll say for now.

Mikazaru
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Wow...............

Starbucks5721
06-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Mine seem to somewhat pale in comparison.

I think the worst I ever had was one where (and it souds silly but DANG was is creepy) my mom turned into some kind of evil zombie and wanted to eat me. I still remember it. Its from YEARS ago...

The ones I hate the worst now, are the ones where I end up in some kind of situation I shouldnt be in doing something I know I shouldnt be doing.

OTOH, sometimes I have really good ones. Mine always end up being like movies - I'm usually watching them, but I'm in them - like I'm watching myself. LOL

1nonlyjen
06-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I have had several dreams where God spoke to me to let me know how certian things were going to play out. Like when I had a dream about a very dear friend I worked with and hadn't seen in a while because she had been in the hospitl, she was dancing and saying over and over: "I'm so happy, I'm home! I'm home!" and I was busy in my dream so I was like: "Yeah, that's great Philly, yeah" Then about two weeks later, my manager told me that she had passed away. I was kinda in shock cause she was the only close friend I ever had who had died but I was alright because the Spirit ministered to me why I had had that dream. It was to prepare me and let me know that she was now with the Lord. As for your dream, Jon, it could be that you saw a demon, they like to terrorize people and they often pose as ghosts and things like that.

animeraven34
06-07-2006, 06:21 AM
As for your dream, Jon, it could be that you saw a demon, they like to terrorize people and they often pose as ghosts and things like that.
I know that. And I could go on and on about all the weird and unexplained crap that went on it that neighborhood. Seriously. For example, that was a dream I had at least once a week for about 6 years, and they just stopped when we moved.

dawn of light
06-07-2006, 06:26 AM
I had a dream that I shot one of my friends once...it was horrible and I cried when I woke up.

I also had a dream once that I saw my boyfriend, karl, and my best friend Neige kissing once. I cried when I woke up that time too because I was so relieved that it was a dream.

When I was a kid I used to have a recurring dream that I could fly...it was so fun.

disciple
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Last night was just terrible for me, dream-wise. I think half the time I now make conscious decisions to sin.

TheFireBreathes
06-07-2006, 01:56 PM
My dreams are odd and whacked out. They usually have to do with the little things I see throughout the day. Like driving by a wal mart or seeing a pedestrian on the side of the road. Then those little things are emphasized as the main character or main idea in my dream.

And some things I dont even remember seeing or thinking about that day. Which is odd because I dont know how else they would of got into my head.

amodman
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I dream a ridiculous amount, but I rarely have "nightmares." I don't know, it's odd. I'd say I on average have at least three dreams a night, but I can hardly ever remember them. When I do dream, though, a situation or event is put before, and I actively participate in it, but yet I always seem to know I'm dreaming, I just don't much care about it. Thus, though, I can change the things occuring to outcome to my will if I really desire, but usually I just let it slide, and see what happens...because I know it's just a dream.

What has scared me, however, was the few times that I KNOW it was just straight out demonic attack. As it was, I started dreaming, but then the dreaming stopped, and it was just blackness, and I was awake, yet not awake, and I couldn't awake. And I'd feel myself sliding, falling, being consumed by an unholy presence and, with all my might, I'd try and say my Saviour's name, at least, that that might save me. I could literally feel my mouth trying to move, but nothing happening. And then, all of a sudden, I'd pull through, succeed in speaking Christ's name, and feel the presence moving away from me...doubting I was ever really asleep. Count as a nightmare? I dunno, nightmares aren't supposed to be real...

disciple
06-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Sounds like me in that second paragraph, Amos. Except, I rarely ever use my ability to control the dream for good. :\

1nonlyjen
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I have a reoccuring dream that I'm married or getting married and in the dream, I know who the guy is but I can't see his face. I know he has dark hair but other than that, I don't know what he looks like.

disciple
06-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I can almost never see the faces of people. Only sometimes.

1nonlyjen
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I know that. And I could go on and on about all the weird and unexplained crap that went on it that neighborhood. Seriously. For example, that was a dream I had at least once a week for about 6 years, and they just stopped when we moved.

Sometimes at least from what I know and have heard from others, people invite demons to hang around a certian place. Like everyone in a house or a community all believing its a ghost or something. You were probably sensitive to that and those demons were trying to attack you. Like you were an invader or something. Kind of like Frank Perreti's the Oath. Great book.

disciple
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Sometimes at least from what I know and have heard from others, people invite demons to hang around a certian place. Like everyone in a house or a community all believing its a ghost or something. You were probably sensitive to that and those demons were trying to attack you. Like you were an invader or something. Kind of like Frank Perreti's the Oath. Great book.
I own that book. It's an excellent 300-or-so page analogy of sin. :P

Mikazaru
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
There was this dream i had just the other night and i have been thinking about it alot and i didn't know if it met something or if it was just a dream.

I was in a different town and there was me my dad and other people i don't know but i think i have seen before but i'm not sure, anyway inthe whole dream i was all over the town fighting these...Demons... i think that is what they were, and i was trying to get to my dad and tell him, but when i did he didn't believe me, and me and these other people are trying to fight then some of them died i think i don't know what happend to them, and before i woke up it was just me and one other person, and meny times i almost got taken by it, and through the whole dream i think these things were after me and they would talk to me while they were fighting me, they said that it was the Devil... that those things were the Devil themselfs.

Go ahead and give me input on it.

Undomiel
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
i have no idea what dreams may mean. But i had one the other night about a monster that lived in the walls, floor and ceilling, and whenever i heard like this bumping noise it ate a person in my dream. But i never really saw what the creature looked like. Really weird dream, had worse though.

john316
06-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I had a a weird dream about the civil war some time ago. I was a fighting for the union army. I was shooting at a soldier on a horse... missed the first shot,reloaded and shot him off the horse the second time. Just then a felt my head snap back and i knew i had been shot. Then i woke up.

Bassplayer
06-09-2006, 07:02 PM
i have alot of dreams that are just plain weird. but i don't remember most of them. i've been having alot of dreams about this one girl lately, i'm not sure why. i mean, she's pretty..... idk. then i've had some kinda demonic dreams too where they're attacking me, my friends, or family. then i've had a ton of deja-vu dreams that i'll see happen in real life. i've also had quite a few dreams that i'm getting married. it's kinda scary because i can't see the girl's face but i know who she is. i can't see faces in most of my dreams, but i'll know who they are.

animeraven34
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
There was this dream i had just the other night and i have been thinking about it alot and i didn't know if it met something or if it was just a dream.

I was in a different town and there was me my dad and other people i don't know but i think i have seen before but i'm not sure, anyway inthe whole dream i was all over the town fighting these...Demons... i think that is what they were, and i was trying to get to my dad and tell him, but when i did he didn't believe me, and me and these other people are trying to fight then some of them died i think i don't know what happend to them, and before i woke up it was just me and one other person, and meny times i almost got taken by it, and through the whole dream i think these things were after me and they would talk to me while they were fighting me, they said that it was the Devil... that those things were the Devil themselfs.

Go ahead and give me input on it.
Hmm, I've got an idea on it, but I'd be very hesitant to post it in such a public setting. If he's read that post, you're brother is probably thinking the same thing I am.

After a little bit more reading, I found more reports of this creature from my dream...only these were on a different continent.

amodman
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Hmm, I've got an idea on it, but I'd be very hesitant to post it in such a public setting. If he's read that post, you're brother is probably thinking the same thing I am.

After a little bit more reading, I found more reports of this creature from my dream...only these were on a different continent.

El Diablo Gringo! Err, that's crazy batman! Sounds like you've got a case of big ol' stinker demon runnin' loose, or some overall concerted between a number of them, Ie. Alien abductions.

Undomiel
06-11-2006, 11:09 AM
i've had a dream that aliens abducted me. it was cool!

thalia
06-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I keep having dreams that I get my paycheck at work, but in reality I STILL haven't gotten paid for the last two weeks *growls angrily*

m_money618
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
i had a dream that two of my friends got married......ewwwww...

Undomiel
06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
i had a dream me and my friend were swinging and that was all.

1nonlyjen
06-13-2006, 11:06 PM
I think as we are living in the end times, things have been getting a little Old Testament if ya know what I mean. Christians, especially younger ones are more sensitive to the spiritual realm. Maybe its God's way of preparing us for the battles to come. A lot of us have been seeing demons and angels, there is a thread about it on the Barlow Girl site. I know I have seen them engaged in battle around me and it was pretty frightening everytime. There is a reason the angels of the Bible always said "Be not afraid" These are my thoughts I'm sure everyone will have more to add.

amodman
06-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I think as we are living in the end times, things have been getting a little Old Testament if ya know what I mean. Christians, especially younger ones are more sensitive to the spiritual realm. Maybe its God's way of preparing us for the battles to come. A lot of us have been seeing demons and angels, there is a thread about it on the Barlow Girl site. I know I have seen them engaged in battle around me and it was pretty frightening everytime. There is a reason the angels of the Bible always said "Be not afraid" These are my thoughts I'm sure everyone will have more to add.

Jennifer, I'd be very wary of jumping to these sorts of conclusions. Fact of the matter is we don't know if we're in the "end times" or not. No one knows the day nor the hour, after all. And, furthermore, no one ever stopped seeing Angels and Demons. Spirit filled people have been having visions and battling in the spiritual realms since the beginning of time. This is nothing new, it's more or less something "forgotten" or "ignored" in today's increasingly atheistic society (that is, societies in the past have always been more concerned with the spiritual, demonic or not, than we are today. We've replaced false "gods" in America with false "ideals" in the majority).

disciple
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Fact of the matter is we don't know if we're in the "end times" or not. No one knows the day nor the hour, after all.
That pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

pizza brain
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
About 4 years ago I had a bunch of really wierd dreams about moving and other stuff that would "never" happen. About 2 years ago most of thoes dreams started comming true in lots of small detail.

m_money618
06-15-2006, 09:49 PM
i had a dream i met ^, but i couldn't see his face. it made me sad.:(

disciple
06-15-2006, 09:50 PM
In my dreams, I've met quite a few people with frying pans screwed firmly upon their shoulders... which ones? :D

pizza brain
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
i had a dream i met ^, but i couldn't see his face. it made me sad.:(

http://myspace-175.vo.llnwd.net/00702/57/11/702831175_m.jpg

Does that help?

dawn of light
06-16-2006, 06:58 AM
I had the WEIRDEST dream last night...

Half the world turned into zombies, it was so freaky but then they turned out to not be dangerous. If they came toward you, you could just turn them in a different direction and they would just keep walking. It was so weird. So then people just ended up turning all the zombies in the direction toward a lake so they just kept walking into the lake until they were completely underwater. But then they still kept walking. I was creeped out.

I think that dream came from a combination of a couple books I read.

m_money618
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
http://myspace-175.vo.llnwd.net/00702/57/11/702831175_m.jpg

Does that help?

thanxs.:) :afro:

pizza brain
06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Shure just don't post any more sox.

m_money618
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
how about i don't post them and you don't read them incorrectly?

pizza brain
06-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Deal!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1

Undomiel
06-16-2006, 06:45 PM
is that really ^?

1nonlyjen
06-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm going to take my life in my own hands and take this tread back to its subject. I had this dream the other night where I was desperately trying to do something that I used to do and have since given up. It was an addiction and I have battled many before coming to Christ, drinking, smokeing, perscription drugs- what this one was,I won't say cause I am deeply ashamed I ever did it. But anyway, in the dream, I was trying to get away from my family so I could do this, and I wound up in the dirtiest room I have ever seen, it was quite humiliating and all of a sudden, the enemy was there, I knew it was him, or at least my mind represting him. He was so triumphant over how low I could go in trying to do something I had been trying to give up. It was so humiliating that I cried when I woke up.

disciple
06-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I have dreams like those all the time. Not a month goes by without one. I have written two poems, each after having a dream like that.

animeraven34
06-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm going to take my life in my own hands and take this tread back to its subject. I had this dream the other night where I was desperately trying to do something that I used to do and have since given up. It was an addiction and I have battled many before coming to Christ, drinking, smokeing, perscription drugs- what this one was,I won't say cause I am deeply ashamed I ever did it. But anyway, in the dream, I was trying to get away from my family so I could do this, and I wound up in the dirtiest room I have ever seen, it was quite humiliating and all of a sudden, the enemy was there, I knew it was him, or at least my mind represting him. He was so triumphant over how low I could go in trying to do something I had been trying to give up. It was so humiliating that I cried when I woke up.
For some of us that's reality and salvation seems like a dream.

I could guess at this addiction, but I won't. Suffice to say I know how you feel.

disciple
06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
For some of us that's reality and salvation seems like a dream.

I could guess at this addiction, but I won't. Suffice to say I know how you feel.
I'm sure there are a fair share of us here who do.

thalia
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I had a dream the other night about blowing my nose...it was weird, because I can't blow my nose, never have been able to...but I was sick, and in my dream it worked...hehe...

disciple
06-19-2006, 09:35 AM
LOL.

That reminds me of a common theme in many of my nightmares or weird dreams. At some point, my mouth always gets filled up with some chewed up muck, and no matter how much I pull out with my hand, it never comes out all the way. It always comes to prevent me from talking.

1nonlyjen
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
LOL.

That reminds me of a common theme in many of my nightmares or weird dreams. At some point, my mouth always gets filled up with some chewed up muck, and no matter how much I pull out with my hand, it never comes out all the way. It always comes to prevent me from talking.

I hate dreams where I'm helpless. You can't talk or shout or even scream. I did have an awesome dream about a year ago where I was able to chase off these demons by singing praises. I'd rather be able to be the conquerer. I wish I could have more dreams like that. But I think I am probably bringing nightmares on myself. I need to wake up.

Silver
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I've had a couple of weird dreams.

The first was about 4 years ago, 2 years before I accepted Jesus into my heart. I was walking down a cave lit by torches. I was walking with about 20-30 kids I did not know. After walking for about 20 seconds, we turned left into a circular room, with about a 50 foot diameter. There was a priest sitting on a rock in the middle of the room. The priest was dressed in a white robe and had a purple strap running from his left shoulder around the right side of his waist. We went over and sat in front of him. The priest started reading from the Bible, though I don't remember what he said. I woke up shortly afterwards. I believe this dream was telling me that I would accept Jesus someday.

Let me give you some background information before I tell you my second dream. My best friend is my church pastor's son, and they live just down the street from me. This dream occurred about 4 months ago.

The second dream had me walking through my friend's house. I started the dream in my friend's bedroom. I began walking through his house, calling for him and his family. I found no one in his house, I was alone. I continued walking until I reached the front door (which is made of glass), and stopped and stared out of it for about 5 seconds before I awoke. I now understand that this dream was to tell me that my friend and his family would be moving away. I found out 2 months ago that he would be moving in July.

So it seems that God sometimes tells me things in my dreams.

pizza brain
06-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Last night I had this dream that my parents were about to take me to get exacuted. They were all happy about it and what not....mabey I should watch my back.

disciple
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
LOL. Strange dream. Maybe it could mean something.... *dum dum DUMB!!*

:D

pizza brain
06-21-2006, 10:12 AM
DUMB!!*

:D
yes I know I'm dumb

thalia
06-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I had an extremely weird, but cool dream last night...in it, my mom somehow convinced the band afi to come and stay at our house and play a show in town...it was really really odd...but awesome...

Aragornsgirl217
06-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Starting about 3 weeks ago, I've been having this dream:

I'm running blindly, with demons chasing me. Then all of a sudden, something hits me, makes me slow down a little, and the demons start to catch up. I can't see what's hitting me, the blows are coming from no where. More and more of them keep hitting me, and the demons continue to catch up. Just as they catch me, I wake up in cold sweat, and I feel that same chilling dangerous presence in the room.

Bassplayer
06-23-2006, 07:39 PM
you see, that is when you immediatly start praying and rebuking those spirits in the name of Jesus Christ. I've had quite a few dreams concerning demons and whenever i wake up from one of thoes, i start to pray out loud and speak the name of Jesus. remember, the Bible says that "At the name of Jesus Christ, every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that He is Lord!" even demons have to bow and confess to the name of Jesus. You are His child and therefor you have His authority. The reason that those demons are chasing you, is because you are loved by Jesus and they are afraid of His plans for you. Tell them to leave, and they'll have to go. Also, i find that singing or praying really helps. pray that God will give you sight to see what can slow you down spiritually. pray for His strength to get through.

D

m_money618
06-24-2006, 03:29 PM
last night i had the weirdest dream. in it was a bunch of old friends, one who lives in Denver, and two others i just haven't seen for a while. we were going on a trip, i don't know where. we were about to go into a reastaurant to eat when i notice my friend got his hair cut. this kid has long, long hair, and i always tease him about it cause he looks like a gay model.... or so i tell him. so i am very excited he got a hair cut when all of a sudden he pulls off his beanie cap and he's bald. i couldn't believe it. that was the moment i woke up. i got the phone and called my friend (who had just got home from a ten day trip to Washington state) and told him to never, ever shave his head.

pizza brain
06-24-2006, 07:44 PM
I had a dream last night that my 56 year old dad that looks like Kenny Rogers turned into the lead singer for Demon Hunter. tatos and all..weird

disciple
06-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I've been having odd dreams lately. They're the kind that are either well put together for being entirely random bits of life I pay no attention to, or they meant something in ways that are only there to "keep my eye on the ball".

etic
06-25-2006, 03:53 AM
i want to be a greatest neurosurgeon in the world!!and i will be ;D

disciple
06-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Good for you.

m_money618
06-25-2006, 01:48 PM
the new ones always start out strange:)

disciple
06-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Speak for yourself.

;)

pizza brain
06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm not new and I'm still strange...or am I still considerd new?

Bassplayer
06-26-2006, 08:40 AM
eh......... ur semi-new. i had a strange dream last night.

m_money618
06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
i had a dream that some girls from skool destroyed all my personal stuff, like everything i ever loved, i had to get up today and make sure it was all still there.

disciple
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Maybe you should be letting go of all that "stuff" you love. The dream could have been a sign you love too much.

animeraven34
06-27-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm getting sick of this. If it's not my neighbor downstairs keeping me up with his (c)rap, it's recurring dreams keeping me up most of the night. ::]

Last night it was something about a half silver, half black sphere. I was back at my parent's home and this thing comes into the dream, won't let me leave the yard, then starts destroying everything around me. I finally manage to make it to the neighbors, only to see them get fried, then I woke up. After I woke up I couldn't get back to sleep for a couple hours. ::]

Bassplayer
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
hm... that sounds kinda interesting. what movies have you recently watched?

animeraven34
06-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Kingdom of Heaven, Serenity, and Bruiser. My dreams are rarely affected by movies anyway.

Bassplayer
06-27-2006, 08:21 AM
hm... i don't know how a metal sphere would come from those.

SkFan1983
02-09-2007, 05:58 AM
I had This Weird dream Last Night that seemed so Real that I was at this restrant with my family & I ran into this girl that remembered me from my Childhood that seembed about the same around the same age as me she was my first girl I had when I was about Four or Five 87 or 88.

Undomiel
02-14-2007, 07:04 PM
say what?

UMC
02-16-2007, 01:42 PM
i cant remember

newday_7
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I always have weird dreams when i sleep over ta my friend Craig's house. They're usually pretty interesting, so he asked me about them everytime i get up. So far i've never failed to have one.

eowyn
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
I have extremely vivid dreams...the creepiest ones were when I was 12 I dreamnt that E.T. was coming into my room. In my dream, the room would look exactly the way my room did...I would be staring down the hall and all of a sudden my leg would start to tingle and then I would feel frightened and then I could feel a hand on my leg..

One time when I was half asleep half awake I was watching my hall and it began to glow with a strange lime green (it is a sea green now) and I suddenly felt very afraid and turned on the light quickly.

The best dreams are when I dream in Spanish ... or dream that I'm in love.

Sometimes I can pinpoint the sources of my dreams...oftentimes, not!

SlitWrist
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I Dont Know What You Guys A Sayin Your Bad Dreams Sound Really Fun........ I Have Those Kinda Dreams ALOT......Kickin It With The Deamons...Watchin T.V. And Stuff.....But My Fav. Dreams Would Be Sittin Around With My Girl And Havin That EveryThing Is Gonna Be OK Feelings....Man I Miss That...Oh Well...