mattskillet
06-08-2006, 06:17 AM
2 new awesome, heavy christian artists.....if you like skillet or disciple you will like these guys......check them out at www.myspace.com/decyferdown and www.myspace.com/dropofred

skilletfreak101
06-08-2006, 06:53 AM
all of decyfer down's songs sound the same. i swear to god that they have the same exact riff on at least 6 of their songs

animeraven34
06-08-2006, 07:56 PM
all of decyfer down's songs sound the same. i swear to god that they have the same exact riff on at least 6 of their songs
Wow, that's amazing since there are only 4 songs on their myspace. And, no it's not the exact same riff.

disciple
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I like them both. Admittedly, Red sounds quite familiar.

aliensoul_squire20
06-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Never heard of Red, but I like what I've heard of Decyfer Down. I want their cd.

skilletfreak101
06-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Wow, that's amazing since there are only 4 songs on their myspace. And, no it's not the exact same riff.
well actually their cd has more than 6 songs thank you very much.

korey_cooper_jr
06-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Like I've said before, I believe Red sounds a lot like Pillar. Especially the song "Breathe Into Me".

timmyrotter
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
i like music...

disciple
06-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Like I've said before, I believe Red sounds a lot like Pillar. Especially the song "Breathe Into Me".
And as I said, they do sound "familiar" (a "negative" word I see a lot of nowadays). But not so familiar that I don't like them.

TheFireBreathes
06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah Red sounds like a Pillar and 12 Stones. But not in a negative way.

aliensoul_squire20
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm listening to Red right now, and I like. Do they have an album out?

TheFireBreathes
06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, they just realeased it in stores.

amodman
06-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah Red sounds like a Pillar and 12 Stones. But not in a negative way.

Ewe, not 12 Stones. All their songs do sound the same.

aliensoul_squire20
06-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, they just realeased it in stores.

Sweet. Don't know when I'm gonna get it. I want both Decyfer Down and Red. I'd say I'd buy it as soon as I get my first paycheck this summer, but I'm already planning on saving for some stuff. I dunno, depends on if I can resist spending roughly $30. Hard to resist the call of one of them brand-new, shiny plastic circles ^_^

pizza brain
06-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Red and Decyfer Down rock!

drumchick101
06-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I almost bought the red cd on friday (because I had never heard of them) but I bought red umbrella instead (I hadn't heard om them either).

><sarah><

LeShep
06-11-2006, 08:53 PM
ohh oh ohh LOVE Decyfer Down so much
got their cd and it rocks,I hardly can find any cd that I can listen to all the way threw now its like a handfull of bands
1 Korn (quite a few)
2 Linkin Park (any of the cds)
3 Decyfer Down (only one they have out -End Of Grey)
4 Skillet (of course)-(Collide)
In no specific order either!
But then again Im new to Christian music so any suggestions would be great!

drumchick101
06-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Hmm, keeping korn and linkin park in mind here are some you may like:

Blindside (this is my favorite out of this list)
underoath
staple (especially their self-title cd from '04)
project 86
demon hunter
pillar (I'm too big of a fan of pillar, but you may like them.)

anyways, carry on after my nice little tangent.

><sarah><

animeraven34
06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Hmm, keeping korn and linkin park in mind here are some you may like:

Blindside (this is my favorite out of this list)
underoath
pillar (I'm too big of a fan of pillar, but you may like them.)

Uh...sure...

You aren't gonna find Christian bands that sound like Korn or Linkin Park. There were a couple of good ones back in the day, but they didn't last. It would help to know your favorite styles of music before recommending any bands.

aliensoul_squire20
06-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Referring to Decyfer Down: YAY!!!! THE BASSIsT IS THE LEAD VOCALIST!!!!!! WEEEHHoOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D

musicismylife
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Uh...sure...

You aren't gonna find Christian bands that sound like Korn or Linkin Park. There were a couple of good ones back in the day, but they didn't last. It would help to know your favorite styles of music before recommending any bands.

what about red? they sound a lot like linkin park

disciple
06-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't hear any Linkin Park sound in them. But, then again, I'm not an expert, I'm just some idiot with an opinion.

pizza brain
06-17-2006, 05:45 PM
They don't sound any thing like Linkin Park!!! They have a line in Breath into me that has the same lyrics as an LP song. but overall they sound nothing alike.

bob
07-01-2006, 07:25 AM
I am intrigued by both Red and Decyfer Down and I am going to get their CDs in the near future I do believe.

FromTheInside
07-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm not crazy about Decyfer down,But RED on the other hand Ive been addicted to. :P End Of Silence is an amazing cd.

panheadko
07-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah RED sound alot like Linkin Park just without rap. But I still love them...but they do sound hauntingly the same.

FromTheInside
07-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah RED sound alot like Linkin Park just without rap. But I still love them...but they do sound hauntingly the same.

So it's not just me. . . .Not exactly the same, but like you said close. :P
The screaming/wind intro to "Already Over" sounds like a lot of stuff from LP's Reanimation cd.

portugueseblues
07-02-2006, 08:58 PM
I saw Decyfer Down at a Skillet show awhile back. They have really good stage preformance, very good personalities, and I love the lead singer's voice. Yeah, their riffs aren't really original but they're making good music. Gotta give 'em that...

But I found it very strange how both Red and Deycfer Down released their new albums on 6.6.06...(666 is the mark of the beast). I know CDs are usually released on Tuesdays but I found that strange...

disciple
07-02-2006, 09:03 PM
lol, don't take it seriously. Just a coincidence, in all honesty.

theelectric3
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
i'll have to check these bands out as they will be at swc. i think i already have Red as a friend on myspace. gotta relisten though and see if i want to swing by and check them out.

TheFireBreathes
07-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not crazy about Decyfer down,But RED on the other hand Ive been addicted to. :P End Of Silence is an amazing cd.

It sure is. Just got it today. I must say, I really like the songs "Hide" and "Pieces". Both seem to use strong keys and synths. "Hide" especially is a good 'pump up' song.

burned_inside
07-22-2006, 10:45 PM
thats funny, cause i bought both those cds(plus anberlin's) in Chicago, Wheaton college.

TheFireBreathes
07-22-2006, 10:48 PM
A contrast to Linking Park, Red actually hired an orchastra team to play in their songs. Look inside their cd booklet.

burned_inside
07-22-2006, 10:49 PM
ill do that, but its downstairs in my room, but thats cool.

FromTheInside
07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
A contrast to Linking Park, Red actually hired an orchastra team to play in their songs. Look inside their cd booklet.

In the songs Linkin Park uses strings (Faint, Breking The Habit, etc.) They used an eight-piece string orchastra. :P

dawn of light
07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I just listened to a few Decyfer Down songs and I enjoyed them quite a bit although for some reason I get the feeling that if I buy the CD all the songs are gonna blend together and eventually sound the same. But despite that feeling I still want to buy the CD.

love~addict
08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
i have only heard 2 of red's songs...and i was wondering...do u think they are worth buying there cd...and if so wats ur fav. song and cd??

SvenEkz017
08-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Red's cool, but they don't really grab me with their sound. Somethings missing. Still, if you're starving for harder stuff, Red's nice. Decent music.

love~addict
08-25-2006, 02:55 AM
okie dokie..lol...:)

disciple
08-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Red's cool, but they don't really grab me with their sound. Somethings missing. Still, if you're starving for harder stuff, Red's nice. Decent music.
They're pretty good, but I get that feeling, too -- that something is missing.

LeShep
08-25-2006, 06:48 PM
i actually have the ep and 2 full length cd of decyfer down all the same ones

TheFireBreathes
08-25-2006, 08:29 PM
i have only heard 2 of red's songs...and i was wondering...do u think they are worth buying there cd...and if so wats ur fav. song and cd??

I think there cd shows a lot more than what they have on myspace. Two of their songs are slower piano/acoustic ones. And a few of their songs has some insane screaming at the end. the songs kind of build up into eachother. Heck, one of his screams lasted like 10 seconds, it was crazy.

theelectric3
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
i saw red at spirit west coast monterey, i was impressed.

freak_for_god22
08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I personally like them alot.. if u read there lyrics and actually open up ur mind u might get something out of it.. let go is talking about addictions.. but yeah there music is pretty different. alot of people are comparing them to chevelle... i dont really think so.. but my o.p there good..and there gettin big pretty quick..

SvenEkz017
09-01-2006, 07:14 PM
i saw red at spirit west coast monterey, i was impressed.

Yeah, but most bands rock live, even if they suck on CD. I even liked Chris Tomlin and Riley Armstrong live, and nothing would convince me to listen to them on CD for pleasure.

zjf
09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Red reminds me of Chevelle. Dunno who else thought of that, but ehh :-P

dangerouskid_91
09-04-2006, 06:41 PM
I think Red is a Linkin Park rip-off. and they are overrated. already.
Decyfer Down is pretty cool metal though. not much variation but their decent.

skilletfreak101
09-04-2006, 06:53 PM
red is amazing! their single is pretty good but when i heard more of their stuff i was blown away!

amodman
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I think Red is a Linkin Park rip-off. and they are overrated. already.
Decyfer Down is pretty cool metal though. not much variation but their decent.

Not that half the arbitrary blanket my word is law opinions in this and other music buzz threads don't already annoy to me high heavens, but come on, this is just ridiculous. A band that JUST came out that relatively few people have actually even heard of is "overrated?" Honestly, you people aren't even trying anymore...

Like Tracy, I saw Red at Cornerstone and was extremely impressed with their live show. And don't give me none of this "almost all decent bands rock live." That's simply not true, especially when you've gone to as many live shows/are spending an entire week going to live shows like I have or was doing. When something stands out, it's because it was out of the ordinarily actually good.

edit: Conversely, Decyfer Down was not as good as I thought they'd be live.

TheFireBreathes
09-06-2006, 05:56 AM
I don't even know how Red sounds like Linkin Park. So what they both have keys and a hard sound. A ton of bands have that.

dawn of light
09-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Red reminds me of Chevelle. Dunno who else thought of that, but ehh :-P

Red sound like Chevelle?? I've never heard Red but now I'm even more interested.

LeShep
09-07-2006, 06:07 PM
i cant wait to see Decyfer this Sat

timmyrotter
09-07-2006, 11:10 PM
saw Red tonight, 15$ 6 songs... but it was worth it

LeShep
09-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Seen DD last night and Skillet LOVE EM !!
those are my fav bands.. Ill see em anytime they are close.
and OH OH I know this thread aint about Pillar but man they put on a good show...Still love Skillet more tho.. they just put extra to it..
LOL as John said last night "We put a lil more Stank on it for you all tonight"

Jesus freak_14
09-14-2006, 03:52 PM
RED played at rock the universe i thought they were amazing. they had already been one of my favorite bands before but after seeing them live i love them even more. they're awesome performers, it was raining on them and lightning and there weren't many people out in the rain watching them and they were still flippin awesome

Grunge=Fun
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
RED is pretty good. sometime last spring they added me on myspace and i had never heard of them. i assumed they were like a local band in a different state but when i heard their music i was very impressed. they dont quite grasp my attention, somethings missing like a few other people said before. decyfer down is also pretty good, they are a nice band to just have on your label i guess. they write some nice music i suppose, even though it tends to blend together like someone else has said before. ahh well, what can you do?

nsvol
09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
i've seen Decyfer Down in concert & they're pretty good. but their songs do sound the same

DarkestRose
09-20-2006, 07:57 AM
I like both bands. I really like Red's song "Breath into Me."

Destiny
09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I bought Red and DD's cds the day they came out and I love both bands. I just saw Red at Rock the Universe and they could use some work on their live performance but I still love them. Decyfer Down on the other hand, is great live. (saw them open for Skillet).

aliensoul_squire20
09-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Red a rip-off of Linkin' Park?!?!?!?! HA! Red's sssssssoooooooo much better than Linkin' Park. And plus, the only songs I can say sound like LP are Breathe Into Me and Let Go. Man, i can't believe you think they're a rip off of LP.

Oh, and I saw Decyfer Down a week ago in Endicott, NY, opening for Skillet. It was a freakin' amazing opener for Skillet.