RKDCfan08
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
OK, I got the inspiration for this thread because I've been listening to an Indie band called Secondhand Serenade they sound alot like Dashboard so they/he rocks...anyway, if any of you have heard of them i'd be happy to discuss them, but if you've heard of other good indie/unknowns..I'd like to check 'em out! Thanks...

cinnamonxspider
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
wow, am i ever going to LOVE this thread.

currently, i'm into a little tiny band in the states somewhere called "meg & dia". they've got the most amazing voices and their music is just overall great. they haven't even come out with an album yet, but i'm really excited for it.

oh yeah, and there was a band i started to listen to a couple months ago called "lydia". the girl in their band has a great voice, and they're all brilliant musicians.

on top of all that, every member from lydia is under 20, and most of the members of meg & dia are also under 20. they're both excellent bands, check 'em out.

www.myspace.com/megdia
www.myspace.com/lydia

DustinRocks
06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
WHILE I BREATHE I HOPE base dout memphis TN.Punk Rock with an indie feel. Great Music.

disciple
06-15-2006, 12:03 PM
A lot of the music I listen to is free and unlabeled. It could count as unknown.

Also, I listen to RaydonRaven (http://www.myspace.com/raydonravenmusic). No label, either (yet!).

DustinRocks
06-15-2006, 12:03 PM
myspace.com/whileibreatheihope

RKDCfan08
06-15-2006, 01:56 PM
thanks, just curious, has anyone heard of secondhand serenade?

I like your idea of finding free stuff...lol. I end up paying .99 cents a song on itunes...lol...

cinnamonxspider
06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
thanks, just curious, has anyone heard of secondhand serenade?

I like your idea of finding free stuff...lol. I end up paying .99 cents a song on itunes...lol...

i can't say i have, but then again, i'm not really a big fan of dashboard. i much preferred chris in fsf. i've also been a little MIA as far as emo-type stuff goes...i've been more interested in indie as of late.

i'll definitely have to check that band out, though. is there a site we can check out?

RKDCfan08
06-15-2006, 02:28 PM
i can't say i have, but then again, i'm not really a big fan of dashboard. i much preferred chris in fsf. i've also been a little MIA as far as emo-type stuff goes...i've been more interested in indie as of late.

i'll definitely have to check that band out, though. is there a site we can check out?

His website isn't up yet, but he has a purevolume (www.purevolume.com/secondhandserenade) and a myspace (www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade)...it's not like "A Mark A Brand..." by DC, but more-so like Swiss Army Romance/So Impossible.. good acoustic stuff..

ps- just until sundown, new years project, and snowbirds and townies rock....lol (FSF)

skilletfreak101
06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
children 18:3, silverline, angry atom

pizza brain
06-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Lordchain,xDEATHSTARx,Counterpoint,Kronicles,One Less Reason,
Azariah's Prayer,THE MILES BETWEEN,unsearchable riches,A Dream Too Late,Miss Leota,Imperative,Souljourners,PHINEHAS,
charlie hustle,DEAD MANS DOLLAR,The Mercy,board to base,Adam Rhodes,Social Suicide,Mortification,Black Sky Surrender, Eternal Volume,Darkhorse,BLAZING FURY,REFORMED,JON MC,Settled in Silence,Silence Within,Sleeping Giant

Undomiel
07-02-2006, 05:26 AM
Fall of the Forgotten, The Insiderz, Oral Roberts.

disciple
07-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Emiliana Torrini -- Solo artist (Folk Rock, Lounge)

fryingpan
07-03-2006, 11:34 AM
these guys should NOT be unknown so here ya go

http://myspace.com/theclosure

and these guys i dont really listen to them for obvious reasons but...

http://www.myspace.com/thepolkamusic

jade
07-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Explosions In The Sky (http://explosionsinthesky.com/) - amazing band.

cinnamonxspider
07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
how 'bout some stiletto formal? lately, i've been huge into them, i really have fallen in love with the way the cellist plays. she's not only a cellist, but a really GOOD cellist, at that.

i recommend them if you like bands like the mars volta.

www.purevolume.com/thestilettoformal

animeraven34
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Neocracy, Aletheian, I-Dragon-I, Seven System