theelectric3
06-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey guys and gals,

i know of a guy who is looking for some positive alternatives to Korn, Marlyn Manson and Slipknot.

(please don't turn this thread into whether or not it is ok to listen to those bands, go with your personal conviction. this kid is going through a lot and needs some bands with the same style, but a more positive message.)

i'm posting this here because even though i have ideas, i most of you would have better suggestions.

thanks much. :)

skilletfreak101
06-17-2006, 08:29 PM
you might like soul embraced and living sacrifice. they have that cool nu-metal type style that korn or slipknot has

animeraven34
06-17-2006, 09:34 PM
*sighs* Living Sacrifice is more Death Metal than anything else, but yeah, they'd probably be good. They can be rather hard to find (sadly) but you can also try Rackets & Drapes, Gryp, Klank (available on iTunes), Zao (readily available), Circle of Dust, Travail. One question: are Korn, Manson, and Slipknot all he listens to? Are there any other styles he likes?

Isildur9473
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
The Jackson 5 will blow his mind if he likes that style of music...

Maybe Metallica, I've never heard any questionable lyrics with them.

skilletfreak101
06-18-2006, 06:25 AM
*sighs* Living Sacrifice is more Death Metal than anything else, but yeah, they'd probably be good. They can be rather hard to find (sadly) but you can also try Rackets & Drapes, Gryp, Klank (available on iTunes), Zao (readily available), Circle of Dust, Travail. One question: are Korn, Manson, and Slipknot all he listens to? Are there any other styles he likes?
oooooooooo rackets and drapes is amazing! definately check them out!!

disciple
06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
The Jackson 5 will blow his mind if he likes that style of music...

Maybe Metallica, I've never heard any questionable lyrics with them.
LOL. Greg... you silly panda.

theelectric3
06-18-2006, 01:13 PM
thanks for your help everyone. :) as far as i know, those three bands i mentioned are some of his favorites... i don't know what other music he is into. i can have my sister find out.

seriously, i appreciate all your recomendations. if you have any more, keep 'em coming! :)

timmyrotter
06-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Zao, becoming the Archtype (sp?). As I lay dying

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 12:48 PM
thanks! :)

i really appreciate everyone's help.

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 12:50 PM

i looked for Klank and i found they are now called celldweller (they have a site and myspace). i liked what i heard and requested their friendship on myspace. so thanks. :)

animeraven34
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
lol It's actually more convoluted than that. Klayton (Celldweller) and Daren Diolosa (Klank) were in Circle of Dust together. Klayton did production and programming on Still Suffering, one of Klank's albums. It's something along those lines anyway. But, yes, Celldweller does some amazing work.

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 06:55 PM
ah, i figured you already knew the ends and outs of that band. ;) thanks for all the info.