1nonlyjen
06-18-2006, 09:32 AM
I would really appreciate it if you guys could keep me in prayer, I've been really stressed with a lot of personal issues and my current, crappy job has just been adding to it. The Lord has been telling me to move on for some time but I have been afraid to lose the stability of that paycheck (however small it may be) I'm looking for a new job and I will be putting in my notice at my current job next month. The Spirit is telling me to get out as soon as possible and I just have to trust that I will have a paycheck after that.

dawn of light
06-19-2006, 05:53 AM
I will pray for you, I know how stressful job hunting can be. Just remember this: if God wants you out of your current job, that means He has a job for you! There is a job out there with your name on it, all you have to do it find it. :)

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Philippians 4:4-7 has been helping me so much lately and i want to encourage you to read this passage as well. God will continue to guide you.

and Rachel gave some great advice. :)

1nonlyjen
06-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys and I am just about to start Philippians

1nonlyjen
06-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Made up my resume and am going to be posting it

john316
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Jen...you are in my prayers. I just went through having to leave a stressful job. God put me in a better one and I believe he will do the same for you.

I wish you all the best in this

John

1nonlyjen
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I applied for a few jobs on line today and I had to put it fuuly in the Lord's hands because there were some jobs that I would never have applied for but I heard Him tell me not to be afraid. He is taking care of it and I'm glad because I'm so scared of this change. But I have been in the same place for four years and I can't stay here.
I also don't have a whole lot of support from my family in this.

1nonlyjen
07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Still have not found anything and I think I may have to get a second job at night to pay the bills. I don't want to, I'm exhausted with the hours I work now but I am just not making enough money to make ends meet. My walk is starting to suffer because I'm starting not to care anymore. Please keep me in prayer.

theelectric3
07-10-2006, 09:40 PM
our Father (Jehovah Jireh - our Provider) has the perfect job from you. in the hard times, run to God. not away from Him.

for only in Christ will we have peace, joy and hope. REGARDLESS of what our circumstances are.

be encouraged. :)

1nonlyjen
07-11-2006, 08:26 PM
thanks, but its hard...

theelectric3
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
i know it can get frustrating easily. i was the same way in the months that i it took for me to find the job i have now.

but i want to encourage you (having come from that place) that God is faithful. even when we are faithless.

john316
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Still praying for you Jen.

1nonlyjen
07-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I going to give my two weeks notice. I don't have another job lined up yet but I have to get out and if I don't do it now I don't know when I will. God has been telling me this for months but I have been staring at the side of the boat, terrified of the storm and that's not who I am. The Lord has shown me what He wants me to do with my life and what I am doing now is not it. My parents will be less than pleased, they are believers but they never seem to believe me when I tell them God is leading me to do something that they don't see as making any sense to them. If that makes sense, it does in my head. So please pray for me I have an incredible peace about my decision, the only thing that is bothering me, is my parent's reaction.

john316
07-16-2006, 12:39 PM
You are taking a big step of faith Jen...but that is the kind of faith that God desires of us. Like i said earlier i did just the same thing a couple of months ago. Here is the whole story if you care to read it.

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4945

I didnt have a job when i resigned either but God provided. I am really in prayer for you...keep us informed as to what God does.

John

lamb_servant72
07-16-2006, 12:40 PM
I know exactly what you are feeling as far as wanting your parents' support.

God had me stay home with my children for years, and I will never regret it, but it would have been so much easier if my family had been supportive, and not been always asking me when I was going back to work. I got to where I dreaded reunions!

Serving God can sometimes be lonely. But, I believe you are about to become a stronger soldier.

Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

1nonlyjen
07-16-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks for the support, guys. I don't get a whole lot in the areas I need it and the Lord has shown me that the path He wants me to go down will be an even lonlier one. I guess maybe He has been preparing me for it for awhile now. I go back to work on Tuesday and I'm going to put in my notice then. I don't think I am going to tell my family, well I told my sister, but at least the rest of them until after I do it. My mom works there too so she might find out before I can tell her. I just need to delve more deeply in the Word, I haven't been doing a whole lot of that lately. But the Lord has been speaking to me in my dreams which hasn't happened for a long time and all I want to do is get closer. Thanks again guys.

dawn of light
07-17-2006, 08:14 AM
I will pray for you Jen, I know it's hard taking a leap of faith when you don't know where the $ is going to come from. I had to do that with some schooling a couple years back and I know it can be really scary. "God did not give me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind". If you don't mind me asking, what is this new path that God is leading on?

1nonlyjen
07-18-2006, 03:27 PM
First off, I gave my notice today, and I felt so incredible. I felt like dancing and I felt such a wonderful peace. I wasn't nervous or scared. When I woke up this morning I had the song It Is Well in my head and I haven't heard that song forever. I know it was the Lord letting me know that everything was going to be alright. As to my path,it isn't new but I have been avoiding it for a long time because I was too comfortable where I was. I am to spread the gospel through my writing, I have so many ideas for stories that my head is close to bursting and I know that the Lord wants me to head into films as well. It will be extremely hard to get God's message to a media that is so against God and a Christian in the public eye will be a hated one; I know I will have to become closer to the Lord. God ministered to me that my path will be a lonely one but it is one I am looking forward to with all that is in me.

dawn of light
07-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Wow that is awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm also looking forward to one day reading your stories, I love to read. Are you looking into writing mostly fiction or non-fiction (like teaching books, etc.) as well?

1nonlyjen
07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
fiction. I like being able to control things and this is my little way of doing that, j/k. I love developing my characters and I never know how any of my stories are really going to end because I let the characters act they way real people would. I like to let my imagination run free. I have one thats finished and I am just typing it up so I can send it in. I just have to pray and ask God to help me with my horrible procrastination. Lol. I don't feel scared about the future at all now, it feel so great, I'm really excited. I just have to tell my dad that I put in my notice so I'm a little nervous about that still.

dawn of light
07-21-2006, 05:55 AM
I'll pray that your family will be understanding.

1nonlyjen
07-21-2006, 02:56 PM
My dad is upset. He wants me to take my notice back. He says that God would not have told me to quit my job without having found another job. He says that God wants us to use common sense and I'm not. He says I am going against his wishes if I do not take back my notice. When I try to explain it to him, he says I shouldn't rely on my feelings so much. I start to get frustrated with him but when I am alone and praying, the Lord keeps reasurring me that I have done the right thing, I was reminded today of Peter climbing out of the boat to meet Jesus on the water. He didn't say "wait until another boat comes to take me closer, Lord. Then I'll head out to meet you." The Spirit ministered to me that when I take my eyes off of Him, I will begin to sink. My dad just won't see it. I'm so tired of crying over this.

1nonlyjen
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I have an interveiw tomorrow.

lamb_servant72
07-23-2006, 05:25 PM
How do you feel about the job this interview is for?

1nonlyjen
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Its a temp service really but it would be for jobs that would be temp to permanant so there would be a good chance that I could continue working at the place or it could be something that would probably pay more than I am getting right now, while I look for something else and/or work on my writing. I'm not sure what I feel about it. I'm not all that nervous about it or anything, it went okay, I think. I am basically hired by them and they find jobs for me. I know my dad won't like it. My mom didn't like the idea of it. I don't know at this point.

lamb_servant72
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I pray God will give you peace about the direction you need to go.

1nonlyjen
07-27-2006, 03:27 PM
They want me to stay. Everyone from the managers down. They offered me more hours, better hours, doing the jobs that I like. They asked me to apply for a managment position that has just come up. They were talking to my mom who works there, telling her to connvince me to stay. I took back my notice, for now, I thought my managers were going to do a dance or something. One of them hugged me. It hurt my pride like crazy and I don't know what to make of that yet. That the moment I took back my notice, the only thing that bothered me was my pride. I don't want to stay another Christmas. I am still putting out my resume. I just don't know what to do right now.

dawn of light
07-28-2006, 05:20 AM
If you really don't want to be there, keep putting out your resume. Say "God I'm believing that You'll provide me with a new job within the next (month/2 months)." Keep trusting God and never forget that He wants the best for you!

1nonlyjen
07-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I think I really need to get back on track spiritually, I am but I'm not if you know what I mean. I feel like I'm ten feet away from where I'm supposed to be and I don't like the feeling. I also want to say thanks to everyone for putting up with my ranting and whining, thanks so much for the support, you guys rawk.

1nonlyjen
08-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I never could understand why Lot's wife looked back but I think I do now. In the words of my very smart, very sweet fourteen year old friend and sister in the Lord: "The good news is, your not a pillar of salt right now." Lets see if I have the guts to stop procrastinating and do what I have to do.

1nonlyjen
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
There is this job I just applied for. It would be so perfect and with the salary, my bills would be payed off within like two to three months. It would be so perfect, I really want this job. Is it wrong that my prayers mainly consist of "please, please, please"?

dawn of light
08-18-2006, 05:27 AM
I'll be praying that you get this job!

1nonlyjen
08-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Rachel. I know where I went wrong. I jumped ship but I took my eyes off of the Lord and that's when I sank. Let's see if I can do better this time.

lamb_servant72
08-19-2006, 01:51 AM
I don't think it's bad to keep asking God. There is a book on prayer that was really popular a few years ago, and the author taught that if you kept asking, it meant you didn't have faith, and God wouldn't answer your request. That is not what Jesus said in Luke 18.

Luke 18:1-8 1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' 4 "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!'" 6 And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.

I would keep praying for that job, but let God know your true desire is Him, not the job.

john316
08-19-2006, 02:32 AM
I don't think it's bad to keep asking God. There is a book on prayer that was really popular a few years ago, and the author taught that if you kept asking, it meant you didn't have faith, and God wouldn't answer your request. That is not what Jesus said in Luke 18.

Luke 18:1-8 1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' 4 "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!'" 6 And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.

I would keep praying for that job, but let God know your true desire is Him, not the job.

I agree with this 100%....Jesus also said we should become as a little child...and as all parents know children are relentless in asking for what they want. The only disclaimer i add is that while i may go to God repeatedly on a request i do ask him did his will be done...as he is the only one who really knows if that particular thing is right for me.

Jen I will be praying for you concerning this job.

1nonlyjen
09-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I got a new job! Its over night and I will probably be a zombie but its more money.

dawn of light
09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Congratulations! Is it what you were looking for? I hope so.

lamb_servant72
09-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Praise the Lord!! I am so happy for you, Jen.

It may take some time for you to adjust to the new schedule. Just keep thinking about how great it will be to have all of your bills paid off!

1nonlyjen
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
the job is pretty easy but I'm really, really tired. I worked midnight to 7:30 this morning and I'm going back at 11pm tonight. You should all see the dark circles under my eyes. yes, I'm complaining but I'm tired.

lamb_servant72
09-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I've been told that people who work nights struggle more with depression than those who don't. I'll pray you adjust to this new schedule! Don't forget to schedule fun time for you!

john316
09-23-2006, 05:09 PM
the job is pretty easy but I'm really, really tired. I worked midnight to 7:30 this morning and I'm going back at 11pm tonight. You should all see the dark circles under my eyes. yes, I'm complaining but I'm tired.

At least you have got an excuse...I got those dark circle things when i wake up;D

Congrats on the job and i hope you get adjusted to the hours.

dawn of light
09-24-2006, 07:07 AM
I've worked nights before, it's not fun! I know the temptation is there to be really lazy during the day when you're home but I know you'll be less tired if you make sure you get out and do stuff! Keeping active will energize you. I'll pray for you!