kasicalover
06-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Who here is gonna be going to Cornerstone this year? I know I haven't been on here in a while but it would still be cool to meet some of my fellow panheads if we're going to be at the same event. ;D

disciple
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Jon had told me a while back that he was planning on saving up money for it, but money has been tight for him as of late, so I'm not sure where that's gone. I really wanted him to go and have a good time with his fiancee, too. :\

Of course, I'm not going. I can't drive alone legally yet and I have no money. I was hoping to go this year because a bunch of my favorite bands are going, but... I guess, I'll be sitting back here again this year, like the last two.

kasicalover
06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Thats sad, I wish you could come

disciple
06-18-2006, 10:43 AM
I wish I could go, too. :P

disciple
06-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Okay, so Jon is probably going, no matter what. I forget how stubborn he is... :P

animeraven34
06-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Okay, so Jon is probably going, no matter what. I forget how stubborn he is... :P
lol Circumstances will have to have me penniless on the street with two broken legs before I give up going to Cornerstone. :P

disciple
06-18-2006, 08:36 PM
lol Circumstances will have to have me penniless on the street with two broken legs before I give up going to Cornerstone. :P
Yeah, I see that. :P Unfortunately, I'm just about as well off as that. :P

dawn of light
06-19-2006, 06:07 AM
I've always wanted to go to Cornerstone for years! But unfortunately, certain circumstances and lack of $ has not allowed me to go...

Hopefully next year

loner_33
06-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Doubt it. Got to go to Icthus, though.
I'll post if this status changes!

animeraven34
06-25-2006, 07:39 PM
You know that you can volunteer and get half price tickets or get in for free (depending on how much you work)? Shonda and I are doing that. And we leave in a week! ;D

disciple
06-25-2006, 08:51 PM
*blows a rasberry big enough to destroy the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man* :P :P

JERK. :D

kasicalover
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I considered working last year and decided that it was much more worth it to just work longer at home to raise the money than to work through like half of the festival.

disciple
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Better than not going, that's all Jon cares. It's all I'd care... *sniff* :D

animeraven34
06-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I don't even care about half the bands that are gonna be there.

amodman
06-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I just finishd up my 2006 Master Schedule...fun stuff.

theelectric3
06-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I don't even care about half the bands that are gonna be there.
yeah, so then you might as well volunteer and get in cheaper (or free). it's fun voluntering for a festival.
i did it in '04 for SWC (did band merch) and i really enjoyed it.

to all going: have fun! :)

maybe one year i'll actually go.. we'll see.

amodman
06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
yeah, so then you might as well volunteer and get in cheaper (or free). it's fun voluntering for a festival.
i did it in '04 for SWC (did band merch) and i really enjoyed it.

to all going: have fun! :)

maybe one year i'll actually go.. we'll see.

Every year I think I might volunteer, but then get too lazy...I'm sure it's fun, and I really can't even afford it all (even though I am...somehow >_<), the 'fest is already so tiring. Heh, at least for me it is.

kasicalover
06-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I haven't made up my schedule yet, I'll prolly do it the morning we get there...and then only sort of follow it because I'm an impulse listener...

disciple
06-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes, that you are. ;)

amodman
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I haven't made up my schedule yet, I'll prolly do it the morning we get there...and then only sort of follow it because I'm an impulse listener...

Hah, there's a lotta' random people I know from around going there this year. I'll give ya a wave and say, "Hey girl I don't really know that well yet have on my myspace friends list from panheads!" Okay, maybe that's a little long. Hrm...

disciple
06-27-2006, 04:01 PM
It'd be more like

"Hey! I know you!"

:P

I'll probably never go to Cornerstone. 'Tis the way of life. I spend all my money by giving it to people. :P

amodman
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
It'd be more like

"Hey! I know you!"

I'll probably never go to Cornerstone. 'Tis the way of life. I spend all my money by giving it to people. :P

Not a bad thing, though I'd remind you that severe debt is a form societatal slavery comparable to the physical slavery of the Hebrews. You're not expected to give all you have when you're still trying to be free of your own bonds...

disciple
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
No, I just have a choice -- to spend it all on myself or to give it to others. I give it to others. Don't worry, I've spent $4.50 in the last couple months. :P

Sounds like a little to the average person, but... you don't know me. :P

Er... *looks around* Maybe this isn't a good place to discuss my financial issues?

amodman
06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
No, I just have a choice -- to spend it all on myself or to give it to others. I give it to others. Don't worry, I've spent $4.50 in the last couple months. :P

Sounds like a little to the average person, but... you don't know me. :P

Er... *looks around* Maybe this isn't a good place to discuss my financial issues?

'Course it is, we're trying to get you to Cornerstone, remember? ;)

edit: Ah, I remember one year a guy had devised a sign describing his situation of lacking proper funds and/or a ride to get back from Cornerstone and was playing his guitar and accepting his donations to help him this respect. It was funny :D.

disciple
06-27-2006, 04:17 PM
That... would... be... an odd excuse... ;)

amodman
06-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, to fellow C-Stoners, here is my (edited) list of everything I'll definitely be going to (with a few exceptions, perhaps). See ya there! (Even if I don't recognize ya, heh) -

Tues. (T&N)
5:30 – Run Kid Run, Encore 2.

9:30 – Dead Poetic, Encore 1.

10:00 – Falling Up, Encore 2.

11:00 – Hawk Nelson, Encore 2.

Wed.
1:00 – Family Force 5, “Underground” Stage.

1:50 – Decyfer Down, “Underground” Stage.

2:40 – Dizmas, “Underground” Stage.

3:30 – Red, “Underground” Stage.

4:20 – Flee The Scene, “Underground” Stage.

5:15 – Kids In The Way, “Indoor” Stage.

7:15 – Manafest, Rock For Life Stage.

8:00 – Fireflight, Rock For Life Stage.

9:15 – The Rocket summer, Floodgate / Relevant EN2.

10:15 – UnderOath, Main Stage.

11:15, The Myriad, Floodgate / Relevant EN2. (maybe)

12:00, Demon Hunter, Encore 1.

Thurs.
4:20 - Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys, New Band Showcase.

5:00 – Kids In The Way, Rock For Life Stage. (maybe)

7:00 – Man Alive, HM Magazine Stage.

7:40 – Copeland, Main Stage.

or

8:00 – Olivia The Band, Impromptu Stage.

8:55 – Anberlin, Main Stage.

10:00 – Flatfoot 56, “Underground” Stage.

or

10:15 – David Crowder Band, Main Stage.

12:00 – Lovedrug, Floodgate / Relevant EN2.

Fri.
2:00 – House Of Heroes, “Indoor” Stage.

3:05 – Transition, “Indoor” Stage.

4:00 – The Rocket Summer or Man Alive, Decapolis Label/Sanctuary Respectively.

or

4:20 – All But Screaming, New Band Showcase.

5:15 – The Myriad. (again, only a maybe)

7:00 – Jesus Wept, Underground Stage.

8:00 – War Of Ages, Underground Stage.

9:40 – The Showdown, HM Magazine Stage.

10:15 – Relient K, Main Stage. (yes, this is close to Showdown...we have a plan)

12:00 – Dead Poetic, Encore 1.

Sat.
2:45 – Nevertheless, Rock For Life Stage.

3:30 – And Then I Turned Seven, Rock For Life Stage.

5:30 – Flyleaf, Main Stage.

6:30 – Day Of Fire, Main Stage.

8:55 – Pillar, Main Stage.

10:15 – P.O.D., Main Stage.

12:00 – Disciple, Encore 1. Cornerstone /end.

animeraven34
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Tues. (T&N)
9:30 – Dead Poetic, Encore 1.

Wed.
3:30 – Red, “Underground” Stage.

4:20 – Flee The Scene, “Underground” Stage.

5:15 – Kids In The Way, “Indoor” Stage.

10:15 – UnderOath, Main Stage.

12:00, Demon Hunter, Encore 1.

Fri.
8:00 – War Of Ages, Underground Stage.

9:40 – The Showdown, HM Magazine Stage.

5:30 – Flyleaf, Main Stage.

6:30 – Day Of Fire, Main Stage.

8:55 – Pillar, Main Stage.

10:15 – P.O.D., Main Stage.
Those are the shows that you might spot me at, if you're lucky. :P I'm going to be going to a lot of other too, they weren't on your list. :P For example: Zao and i-Dragon-i.

kasicalover
06-28-2006, 04:40 AM
out of all that I will definately be at falling up, myriad, and copeland. I'm sacrificing going to lovedrug because I've seen them three times within this last year and I'm going to see mercury radio theater at the same time...

Most of my random free time will also be spent hanging out at the dance club, dancing aroudn like an idiot and meeting crazy people... :)

disciple
06-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Or people meeting crazy you. ;)

kasicalover
06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Or people meeting crazy you. ;)

:o :o :o

well, yeah...most likely more so that way...

disciple
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Depends on how much energy you have? ???

I know that if I went and for some reason I had a lot of energy... haha, watch out... I'd probably say so many things that would turn people away from me...

kasicalover
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I just start randomly dancing everywhere...all of my friends do. We get bored and we start dancing, waiting for food, in a tent, on the paths, dancing is GREAT!!!

disciple
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
...you don't wanna see me dance. I can only do one kind of dance, it's not at all contemporary. :D

amodman
06-28-2006, 10:43 PM
You people and your dancing...honestly, I can't dance. I can mosh, I can rock out, but I can't dance...that takes coordination, and some sort of innate sense of "strategy"...or something, I dunno.

pizza brain
06-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I can't mosh rock our or dance so :P I pwn u all.

kasicalover
06-28-2006, 11:27 PM
You people and your dancing...honestly, I can't dance. I can mosh, I can rock out, but I can't dance...that takes coordination, and some sort of innate sense of "strategy"...or something, I dunno.

I took dance classes for seven and a half years so I like to dance a lot.

DustinRocks
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Even tho I'm on tour with Press Play my band summer league is still playing c-stone check them out Summer League formerly One Way Worship will be playing at Cornerstone on July 4th at 1:30pm and July 8th at 4:30 on the stage of Raging Storm Records

Bassplayer
06-29-2006, 11:15 AM
awesome man. i wish i could go. the only dance i can do is a random white boy dance. it's not very pretty

kasicalover
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Dancing doesn't have to be pretty it has to be enjoyable, as long as you're having fun being crazy it doesn't matter what you look like.

disciple
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I didn't know you took classes. :o I've known you for a long time, never knew that. :|

No, my dances have no coordination... they come at random, luckily when I'm alone and have energy, so once every three billion years.

kasicalover
06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
My aunt owns a very good dance school and she gave me free lessons for several years. Not many people who I talk to more recently know that I took ballet among other classes for that long.

animeraven34
07-01-2006, 08:37 PM
So, my fiancee and I were going over the schedule last night to see any last minute changes. I was a little annoyed that Mortal Treason isn't going to be there after all, but I got REALLY excited when I saw that Wedding Party is going to be perfoming with I-Dragon-I. I'm pretty sure that means nothing to anyone here besides me though.

amodman
07-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that means nothing to anyone here besides me though.

Yup :). Haha, never even heard any of 'em...;).

fryingpan
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
this thread makes me very VERY sad cause i should be at cornerstone cause its basically my home and the psalters play tonight BY THE LAKE at 9 pm...i might cry for this entire week.

last year when i went omg i danced like a fool all the time everywhere i was. and its definately not cornerstone unless you dont shower the entire time and carry around a gallon of water wherever you go

theelectric3
07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
very few know who psalters are... i know a guy who is checking their music out for sure (he's a huge fan of them).

to all going (or already there...) have fun!

fryingpan
07-04-2006, 08:09 AM
i <3 the psalters i saw them once when they came here and it was amazing. i really wish i was at cornerstone flippin such a good day today there

animeraven34
07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
*laughs manically* I am back from Cornerstone. I am sweaty, I am grungy, but I am back. I don't know what went on here while I was gone, nor do I really care. Anyway, I had an absolute blast at Cornerstone. Got a ton of new CDs, cheap. Met a few bands, saw a few make their concert debuts, saw a reunion concert, made some new friends, got second degree sunburns, etc. Fun was had by all. :P I also took lots of pictures. Neocracy, Becoming The Archetype, Dead Poetic, I-Dragon-I w/Wedding Party, Zao, Demon Hunter, The Chariot, The Showdown, Norma Jean, Gretchen, mewithoutYou, etc. I can't even remember who all I saw this week. Anyway, pictures coming soon if you want to see them. :P

amodman
07-09-2006, 03:34 PM
*laughs manically* I am back from Cornerstone. I am sweaty, I am grungy, but I am back. I don't know what went on here while I was gone, nor do I really care. Anyway, I had an absolute blast at Cornerstone. Got a ton of new CDs, cheap. Met a few bands, saw a few make their concert debuts, saw a reunion concert, made some new friends, got second degree sunburns, etc. Fun was had by all. :P I also took lots of pictures. Neocracy, Becoming The Archetype, Dead Poetic, I-Dragon-I w/Wedding Party, Zao, Demon Hunter, The Chariot, The Showdown, Norma Jean, Gretchen, mewithoutYou, etc. I can't even remember who all I saw this week. Anyway, pictures coming soon if you want to see them. :P

Yeah, I'd have pictures...IF I TOOK MY CAMERA TO THE CONCERTS! :P ;) Of those, I saw DP and Demon Hunter, *Shrugs*, decent shows. DP's stuff was sounding horrible through the sound system, though. Could barely hear the vocals and all the guitars sounded mashed together. Demon Hunter was decent but LOUD. Man, I stood in the back...also because I was tired. Bought their shirt though, fun stuff. I'd type more about it...except I don't have time, and it's not THAT important anyway, heh. Adios, I need to shower (and shave...bad).

kasicalover
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Psalters show on the beach=totally awesome!

That was by far the best concert all week.

animeraven34
07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't know what went on here while I was gone, nor do I really care.
I take that back, but I'm not gonna talk about it in this thread.

Anyway, this is going to be one of my last posts for a good, long time. What is it? Every band I remember seeing at Cornerstone and what I thought of them.

Dead Poetic - Good despite the sound problems (which were running rampant the whole weekend)
Neocracy (3 times) - The greatest metal band you've never heard of/aren't listening to. Think Slayer meets Zao.
Aletheian - Awesome, jaw dropping guitar.
Demon Hunter - Should have been on mainstage (along with Zao) instead of Norma Jean and The Chariot. ::] Didn't stay for the whole thing, way to crowded and Clark was off key anyway.
Zao - Amazing. Missed Russel, but amazing. Should have been on the main stage
As I Lay Dying - :o
mewithoutYou (twice) - Meh. Alright. Cooky, but ok.
Norma Jean - Lame. Death to false Metal!
The Chariot - ...what the?
The Showdown - Why did he shout "Git snakebit" 20 times between songs? Good none the less.
Copeland - Blech! Waste of time.
Gretchen - Goth Rock cover of White Wedding? Sweet.
Anberlin - *yawn* Left after one song.
Showbread - :o
Spoken - Great show.
MXPX - Pay us enough and we'll sing or say anything you want!
P.O.D. - Boring. And I was looking forward to it too.
I-Dragon-I w/Wedding Party - AWESOME. Should have been on main stage just to take full advantage of the theatrics.
Radial Angel - Ick.
Seven System - Awesome. Any band that criticizes the media that way gets respect from me.
Flee The Seen - Really good. Bad crowd. ::]
As Cities Burn - Dear Lord... ::] Think way to much of themselves. Not going back to Cornerstone...good riddance.
August Burns Red - What has happened to mosh pits? Not that good a show.
Becoming The Archetype - Holy crap! :o Brutal, jaw dropping, Metal.
Day of Fire - ::]
Decyfer Down - *falls out of his chair laughing* I've never seen a band so mistaken. :P Once again: Death to false Metal!
Flyleaf - *yawns*
Hawk Nelson - ::] Punk wannabes jumping around on stage in suit coats while pre-teen girls scream their head off...why did we go?
Kids In The Way (twice) - ...uhm, did they change lead vocalists?
Pillar - *big yawn*
Project 86 - They're on main stage why? ???
Red - I expected more.
Twelve Gauge Valentine - Not bad.
Underoath - You're here cause Shonda wanted to see them, don't leave unless she wants to...

disciple
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Radial Angel - Ick.

Radial Angel was there? I pity you, for you had to watch it. :P They are terrible in concert, and the only music of theirs I really like anymore was their Summer EP/LP/whatever, but the lead vocalist sounds like he needs to be replaced, and their gear improved.

amodman
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
My list was too long for a post :/. You can read it here (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=20674565&blogID=143113261&MyToken=796627a1-4ba8-4bbf-90bf-59a3a0b57327), though.

kasicalover
07-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Zao - Amazing.
mewithoutYou (twice) - Meh. Alright. Cooky, but ok.
Copeland - Blech! Waste of time.
Showbread - :o
Hawk Nelson - ::] Punk wannabes jumping around on stage in suit coats while pre-teen girls scream their head off...why did we go?
Project 86 - They're on main stage why? ???

I only went to the Zao concert because a couple guys we were hanging out with wanted to go, but I have to admit for hardcore which I usually can't stand they put on an awesome show.

mewithoutyou was great. On friday me and some friends danced with their lead singer at a hip hop concert....good stuff.

Copelands show was lame...it just sounded bad.

Showbread put on a sweet show, plus they're jsut extra awesome cause they use a keytar.

Why did you go see Hawk Nelson!!!!? Were you trying to torture yourself!!? I kid...a bit, the show wasn't too bad, though if I hadn't been running the Falling Up merch booth at the time I definately would have left.

Project was on the main stage because they put on amazing concerts, and draw a big crowd. I personally love project but I hated the fact that they were on the main stage because it wasn't nearly the same sort of concert as when they're at one of the encore stages.

Oh yeah, and to those of you who went...did you see the people dressed up as a blue and a yellow monster passing out stickers? Because if you did, I was the yellow monster. We were doing that for the new Jars of Clay cd...which is amazing.

skilletfreak101
07-12-2006, 07:33 AM
hey speaking of festivals...i'm going to SONSHINE tomorrow!

animeraven34
07-12-2006, 07:46 AM
I only went to the Zao concert because a couple guys we were hanging out with wanted to go, but I have to admit for hardcore which I usually can't stand they put on an awesome show.

Copelands show was lame...it just sounded bad.

Project was on the main stage because they put on amazing concerts, and draw a big crowd. I personally love project but I hated the fact that they were on the main stage because it wasn't nearly the same sort of concert as when they're at one of the encore stages.
Zao isn't hardcore. Zao is what you call Metalcore (which is basically half metal and half hardcore). Tenuous distinction I know, but I've seen way too many crappy hardcore bands that blatantly rip off Zao to call Zao hardcore.

The Copeland show more than just sounded bad.

Far as I'm concerned Project86 sucks. Just some wannabes from Orange County trying to be hardcore. Besides, I think Demon Hunter drew a bigger crowd at Encore 1 than Project86 did at Main Stage.

kasicalover
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Zao isn't hardcore. Zao is what you call Metalcore (which is basically half metal and half hardcore). Tenuous distinction I know, but I've seen way too many crappy hardcore bands that blatantly rip off Zao to call Zao hardcore.

The Copeland show more than just sounded bad.

Far as I'm concerned Project86 sucks. Just some wannabes from Orange County trying to be hardcore. Besides, I think Demon Hunter drew a bigger crowd at Encore 1 than Project86 did at Main Stage.

Ok, yeah...good point on Zao, I should have said metalcore.

I agree Copeland sounded more than crappy, put on no show, and didn't even appear to want to be performing there...

As for project, they had a small crowd at main stage because most of the real project fans didn't attend that show, they attended the one on tuesday at encore 1. I wouldn't say that project is wannabe hardcore, because if they wanted to be hardcore they would be. I think that they realize that not everybody wants to hear a bunch of guys screaming and flailing around the stage. I would say before you rip apart project anymore you go see them sometime when they're not on the main stage. Go to one of their real concerts. Andrew Schwab writes great lyrics, and hilarious books and he puts on ridiculously fun shows.

amodman
07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok, yeah...good point on Zao, I should have said metalcore.

I agree Copeland sounded more than crappy, put on no show, and didn't even appear to want to be performing there...

As for project, they had a small crowd at main stage because most of the real project fans didn't attend that show, they attended the one on tuesday at encore 1. I wouldn't say that project is wannabe hardcore, because if they wanted to be hardcore they would be. I think that they realize that not everybody wants to hear a bunch of guys screaming and flailing around the stage. I would say before you rip apart project anymore you go see them sometime when they're not on the main stage. Go to one of their real concerts. Andrew Schwab writes great lyrics, and hilarious books and he puts on ridiculously fun shows.

I don't really like Project 86 and, in fact, I think I forgot to even mention them in my "list," heh. But anyways, none of the bands really drew much of a crowd this year except the hardcore lineup night, P.O.D., and Pillar. Crowder had a decent size as well, but that's just because he's freakin' David Crowder. I'll tell you why, is because C-Stone didn't book enough 'effing non-hardcore mainstream rock bands for Main Stage (ie. Skillet, Switchfoot, TFK, etc.) or even on other stages (Jonah33, Seventh Day Slumber, etc.) so this year's crowd had less fans of that scene and more fans of the hardcore scene. Annoying, yes. Hopefully next year will be better, as they're changing the dates...to something, anyway.

animeraven34
07-12-2006, 07:30 PM

I know. I hate seeing bands when they act like that. As for sounding crappy...they had horrible sound problems all over the festival for most of the week. I-Dragon-I actually had to STOP their show for a while because they were having so many problems.

I did see Porject on Encore 1...for a few minutes. I wasn't impressed then either. I just don't like Project86. I think they're over rated, have a total lack of stage prescence, and I still think they didn't belong on Main Stage. But they aren't alone in that. I also don't think Norma Jean and The Chariot belonged on Main Stage. Yeah, bottom line is I just don't like Project86, if others do, cool.

As for Zao, well, if you don't know you don't know. I can't blame you for that. (And for the record, Zao WAS originally a hardcore band.)

dawn of light
07-14-2006, 06:23 AM
hey speaking of festivals...i'm going to SONSHINE tomorrow!

Oh I'm jealous...I've been twice a few years ago. It's awesome because it's always the weekend closest to my birthday! (my b-day is july 15)

Have a great time!

skilletfreak101
07-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Oh I'm jealous...I've been twice a few years ago. It's awesome because it's always the weekend closest to my birthday! (my b-day is july 15)

Have a great time!
it was really amazing. it sucked the first night though because it got rained out and alot of the shows were cancelled. i really wanted to see kutless and they had to cancel their show! but it was amazing otherwise

dawn of light
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Glad you had fun! That sucks about Kutless though I'd like to see them one day! Was Skillet there? How was their show? A few years ago when I went for some reason Skillet cancelled their show and I almost cried.

skilletfreak101
07-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Glad you had fun! That sucks about Kutless though I'd like to see them one day! Was Skillet there? How was their show? A few years ago when I went for some reason Skillet cancelled their show and I almost cried.
yep skillet was there and they played a new song!! it was awesome! they were about to cancel their show tho because john cooper's grandpa died the day before or something like that and he had to go fly out somewhere. but they ended up playing anyway because john said that minnesota is one of the best crowds...hahaha.

disciple
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
they were about to cancel their show tho because john cooper's grandpa died the day before or something like that and he had to go fly out somewhere.
Whoa, wait, really?

animeraven34
07-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's a novel idea: this thread is about Cornerstone...so why don't we talk about Cornerstone. Don't want to run the risk of getting put in the moderated group for "derailing" a thread now do we?

DustinRocks
07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Here's a novel idea: this thread is about Cornerstone...so why don't we talk about Cornerstone. Don't want to run the risk of getting put in the moderated group for "derailing" a thread now do we?

Well its staying on the subject of music festivals its not like they are discussing satan worshipping. i don't think the mods will trip.

dawn of light
07-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Awww, his grandpa died? that's too bad! Well I'm glad they played anyway. Ha Ha, best crowds, musicians say that everywhere.

unshakeable15
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Well its staying on the subject of music festivals its not like they are discussing satan worshipping. i don't think the mods will trip.
Not trip, just say that if this is a thread about a specific festival, it's best to keep it about that festival. If it's about music festivals in general, then feel free. But if i was someone wanting to come on here looking to see about Cornerstone, i'd be a bit annoyed that there's a bunch of talk in here about other festivals that i don't care a bean's worth about.

amodman
07-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Sooooooo, Cornerstone, anyone see any interesting costumes? I snapped a picture of a fully decked out Link. That was pretty cool. Saw a couple Batmans, Superman, etc. Mostly at the Flatfoot shows ;). I was surprised this year I saw a lot of actual costumes. Batman and said villains are actually rather old hat for the 'fest, but usually people's get-ups are more disturbing then interesting, hehe. Ie. A girl I saw last year in a ...cloth diaper. It was...wrong. Also, on a side note, there were a lot less Goths there this year (and last year), weren't there?

animeraven34
07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I saw Link all over the place. Laughed the first time.

Considering there weren't really many Goth bands there (most of them at the Asylum tent), and considering C-Stone had the debut concert of I-Dragon-I...I wasn't too surprised by the number. What surprised me was how the other Goths there acted. ::] I was appalled by my fellow Goths to be honest. I wasn't dressed "Goth" (it was a bit too hot for that anyway, in my opinion), but when I went by the Asylum tent I was getting dirty looks and no one said a word to me. Same thing at the I-Dragon-I show. Keeping quiet I can understand. But subjecting people to underserved scorn is crossing the line. From what I saw, most of the Goths that were there were scene kids anyway. ::]

Speaking of scene kids...if I see one more bandana wearing bad ass wannabe spoiled brat I'm gonna flip out.

Anyway, I should have all the pics I took at C-Stone next week.

terrasin
07-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Can you say "ROTFLOL!!!!"
http://www.pccmonroe.org/albums/cornerstone.htm

CJ

animeraven34
07-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Oh Dear Lord. ::]

skilletfreak101
07-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Whoa, wait, really?
yeah it was pretty sad. they played "you are my hope" just for the occasion. but anyways sorry for getting of the subject of the thread.

amodman
07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Oh Dear Lord. ::]

Lord in Heaven, did you read the Pastor's "mission statement" about it all? *shudders* These are the type of you people don't even want to talk with. They're so deluded that intelligent debate is useless...

disciple
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM

CJ
O, how the ranks of the conceited claim to be meek. ::]

dawn of light
07-21-2006, 11:05 AM

OH MY GOSH! Some people....really... I don't even know what to say.

Many of the singers ape the world's ways as they jerk, gyrate, and screech out those lyrics to ear-splitting music

This made me laugh so hard.

Well anyways, I can't wait to go to Cornerstone one day.

disciple
07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
This made me laugh so hard.
As did I. He obviously thinks Elvis is still alive and popular. :P

unshakeable15
07-22-2006, 10:14 AM
If i can't listen to music by Skillet, Switchfoot, Flyleaf, TFK and such, what am i left with, Selah? Michael Card? Steve Green? *shudders* If the only music i can listen to is them, i don't want to be a Christian. :x

dawn of light
07-24-2006, 08:03 AM
If i can't listen to music by Skillet, Switchfoot, Flyleaf, TFK and such, what am i left with, Selah? Michael Card? Steve Green? *shudders* If the only music i can listen to is them, i don't want to be a Christian. :x

No I don't even think we're allowed to listen to that. According to those guys CCM is from the devil. Anything contemporary is evil. Huh, so pipe organs and old lady voices it is then. (Maybe I'll join you and renounce my faith too). Those kinds of people make me embarrassed that they say they're Christians. They give all Christians a bad name.

animeraven34
07-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Gaither Vocal Band rules them all! :evil:

Scary how fitting that smilie is...

No kidding. If I'm gonna go to Hell for listening to Zao, Becoming The Archetype, etc. and for going to Cornerstone and those people are gonna go to Heaven...I think I'm fine with that.

disciple
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
LOL. Indeed. :P If Cornerstone is hell on earth... I think I'll take a visit sometime. ;)