TheFireBreathes
06-20-2006, 09:54 PM
If any of you noticed I havent really posted on here much. Myspace has sucked me in to it's life, and I haven't really found anything interesting on here as I used to.

Over the past few months I haven't felt that "high" you get during worship. I don't feel His presence anymore. I don't get those weird goose bumbs (or God bumps) when people pray over me. My life isn't any different, it's just summer now. I still go to church 3 and 4 days a week. I still read the bible almost every night. I feel like a fake though when I read because I'm not getting anything out of it like I used to. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. Praying is hard enough for me to say aloud, it's impossible to pray over people when your heart has a big gaping hole in it. And yes I have been praying about this. Every day. I know He's there. I just don't understand while theres this huge wall inbetween us, where I can't even here His voice. I just don't know.

Prayer would be appreciated. Maybe He'll listen to you guys. Thanks.

weebird20
06-21-2006, 01:10 AM
we all have dry spells Brett...its just part of the walk...feelings are very unreliable...think of it more as a time of testing...can you still keep yourself disciplined enough to read and pray and spend that time serving God when that 'high' isnt there...those feelings will come back but for now you just need to remember that God is ALWAYS faithful...just because you can't feel Him or hear His voice doesn't mean He isn't there or isn't speaking to you...it could be that God wants you to seek more of Him...that what spiritual food you have been feeding on just isn't enough anymore and you need to seek God harder...

try meditating on some of God's promises or searching your Bible for others who have gone through similar dry patches

Philippians 1:6 "He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus"...so we know He's working in you even if you can't see it or feel it!

praying :)

john316
06-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Hey Brett

Laura pretty well summed it up...we all go through dry spells but the important thing is to remember despite how we feel God is still there and wants to be a part of our lives.

Take some time to study the life of Elijah...there was a man who went through ups and downs in his life but he never gave up on God and God never gave up on him.

I'll be praying for you...things will work out just dont give up....give the Holy Spirit time and he will take you through it.

J

aliengurl7
06-21-2006, 07:07 AM
You don't have to feel God for him to be there. Just take the step of faith and don't rely on feelings to get you by but trust in God. He does hear you, just keep pushing forward and reflect on all the good things he has done for you, just be grateful, and continue to grow in Christ.

drumchick101
06-21-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree with the mass. If you kepp trusting Him, He will show the reason for this is a reason that you understand. I was originally going to post some stuff He showed me in one of my "dry spells" but He promted me not to, as that He will show in a way that only you will understand. I don't think He wants works out of you in these times (to try and "earn" His presence) but just be still and know He is God.

><sarah><

TheFireBreathes
07-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Hm, thanks. From the time I started this thread to now it's been like a rollar coaster. I just got back from retreat about 2 hours ago and I don't really feel any different from when I left 6 days ago.

Usually these retreats are the things I can't wait to tell everyone about when I get home. They're the ones that I drop to my knees and cry my eyes out. They're the ones that just bring you peace and strip you away from all of these worldly chains.

But this one was different. Since I was in the drama I went up 3 days early to help 'set the table'. Not only did I work my butt off organizing everything those three days but I would also be doing practice 2 and 3 times a week months before the actual retreat.

I'm super glad the play worked out though. People were balling by end of the play. And I'm really glad I was apart of this parable.

I'm not tring to sound selfish, but the thing is, I was really expecting some kind of surprise or reward for myself to come with this. I know God is there. I just still cant figure out where.

If this is still a 'test' or a trust game I can't take it anymore. I can't see Him, I can't tell the difference between His voice and my imagination, this "dry" has been going on for more months than I can take in. I have spent more nights praying just to be with Him and be in His arms. I give up. My heart is literly hurting.

lamb_servant72
07-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Have you said those words to Him?

David use to "let Him have it".

Elijah doubted God. John the Baptist doubted if Jesus was the son of God at one point, and he had been the first to proclaim Him!

Everybody goes through this. I think you should tell Him exactly what you are feeling. Let Him know you are at the end of your rope.

One last thought...Do you think the enemy wouldn't attack you with doubt when you are working on something so powerful for God?

skilletosis
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm not tring to sound selfish, but the thing is, I was really expecting some kind of surprise or reward for myself to come with this. I know God is there. I just still cant figure out where.

You know the surprise or reward may just be meeting someone in eternity that saw your production and accepted Jesus due to it. We don't always see the fruits of the labor.

I think your awesome hanging in there praying and following even in a "humdrum" time.

But also remember to rest in Him. We can't always be on fire, but your consistancy is a great example. In fact you just blessed me.

aliengurl7
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
If this is still a 'test' or a trust game I can't take it anymore. I can't see Him, I can't tell the difference between His voice and my imagination, this "dry" has been going on for more months than I can take in. I have spent more nights praying just to be with Him and be in His arms. I give up. My heart is literly hurting.

God doesn't play games. He tests us, to help us grow and to become stronger in the faith. When you don't feel God it may just be a sign of maturity, your growing in Him. You no longer need a bottle to feed. In the dark places trust him to be your light guiding you through. And He will.