skilletosis
06-21-2006, 08:49 AM
My mom had to have a cyst (not cancerous) removed from her breast. They found an abnormality in her heart when getting her ready for the breast surgery. They went ahead and did the surgery as they didn't believe the issue was of great concern.

So now after the breast surgery they sent her to a cardiologist. She has two heart valves leaking and her heart is only working at 50%. Friday she will have some more tests to determine how to treat this. Her doctor says that this will confirm whether or not she will need bypass surgery which is what he thinks is going to happen.

Surprisingly she's not flipping out. In the last few months she dumped her boyfriend because she became convicted of the fact that he is married. It seems she's turning to God and contemplating her faith which is why I think she's not flipping out.

So please pray for her spiritual as well as her physical health. Yes I did put spiritual before physical on purpose. If her health fails at least we will know that she will spend eternity with the Lord.

drumchick101
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
So please pray for her spiritual as well as her physical health. Yes I did put spiritual before physical on purpose. If her health fails at least we will know that she will spend eternity with the Lord.

Amen :). I'll be praying.

><sarah><

john316
06-22-2006, 02:48 AM
You are so right Rachel...Spiritual health is more important then physical health but of course i will be praying for her in both aspects.

It sounds like God is really working in her life and she is responding to him so that is a great thing.

Once again she will be in my prayers and please keep us informed.

Blessings

J

1nonlyjen
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
My dad had a heart attck about a year ago and I know that it was his strong faith in God that helped him and us survive it. It was a wake-up call for all of us and showed us how we must cling to the Lord always. My Dad is in excellext health now, the Lord brought Him through and I will be praying that your mother will learn to lean on and cling to Him as well.

skilletosis
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Ok my mom said no bypass surgery. They will be putting something in her artery that will open it up so the blood can flow properly. That will suposedly stop the leaking in the valves as well. I don't know anything about heart related surgeries but I hope these doctors aren't idiots like the breast doctor was.

1nonlyjen
06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
so glad. That's so much less invassive and a lot safer. Praise God, I'm glad she doesn't need the surgery.

drumchick101
07-01-2006, 09:34 AM
That's actually pretty common procedure so as far as your mom's and the doctor's decision it seems wise. But I know what you mean about doctors...some are gifted and some are not (to put it nicely). I'll pray for wisdomfor the doctors and for everything to go smoothly.

><sarah><

skilletosis
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Update. My mom went to the doctor yesterday and this is what he had to say. Tuesday she gets the stint put in. Then as soon as her insurance approves it she will have a pacemaker put in. Ok so I mentioned in another thread that yesterday was my moms 64th birthday. I also realized that Ken Lay of Enron died yesterday, he was 64 and it was from a heart attack.

skilletosis
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Got an update. The stint surgery went well. Moms at home, she only spent a couple of days in the hospital. She has to wait 90 days for recovery before they can do the pacemaker. She's doing real well.

dawn of light
07-24-2006, 05:26 AM
That's awesome she's doing well!!

1nonlyjen
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I am so happy and relieved for you both. That's so great!

skilletosis
11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Ok, my mom has gone through the required recovery period for her stint surgery. She is scheduled to go on Nov 30 and get a pacemaker. Even after the stint surgery her valves are leaky and her heart is only pumping at 40%. She'll be home in just a day or two and it's a short recovery. We're planning on going to her house for Christmas.

skilletosis
12-16-2006, 01:12 PM
My moms pacemaker surgery went real well. She's doing real good and almost imediately looked and felt better. She had more color in her skin tone within hours of the surgery. I talked to her yesterday and she said she had woke up at 5:30 in the morning and we were talking at 9pm and she didn't take a nap that day at all. They've got some computer in her room that has some sort of wireless connection to the pacemaker that moniters her while she's sleeping. It alerts the hospital if her heart rate goes lower than it should. You really do learn something new everyday. This pacemaker is a special one. She has to have her arm in a sling and can't drive for 6 weeks. Here's the real kicker, she told me she's going to talk to her doctor about lowering her antidepresant medication because she feels so much better. Her doctor said that when they opened her up they found out that the bottom half of her heart wasn't working at all.

john316
12-17-2006, 04:26 AM
What great news!!...it is so good to hear. I will continue to pray that her recovery goes well. Tell her i feel her pain about the driving. I hope to get behind the wheel again next week.

Blessings

John

lamb_servant72
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM
That is wonderful news! I am so glad it is all working out so well. Can she remember the last time she felt this good?!

skilletosis
12-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Well Lamb both my mom and I know that it has been years since she felt good. I am just amazed that her psychiatrists have never thought of having medical tests to rule out medical reasons for her problems. I still think they have it wrong. I see her having anxiety issues more than depression. But they have her so convinced that she is depressed. Tho she feels they can reduce her dosages she still gets wierd about running out of medication. It's complicated. We went for Christmas. It was interesting to say the least. She did nap but hey we had three kids with us so I'm sure that just being around them wore her out. We only stayed 2 1/2 days but that was plenty. So glad to be home now.