timmyrotter
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
creation east has been cancelled/postponed due to excessive rain, most of you who live around there proably have already figured it out cause its raining hard where you are.

but there is always creation West! i'll be there!

terrasin
06-26-2006, 07:27 PM
They had to move it a couple years ago to Hershey Park because of the rain. I'm amazed they didn't do that again this year.

CJ

amodman
06-26-2006, 07:42 PM
LOL. An entire fest...cancelled? Even a bloody tornado didn't stop Cornerstone, hehe.

theelectric3
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
yeah, that's gotta be a first.

CANCELLED Festival because of rain.

i'm surprised they didn't try to move it (like CJ mentioned).

terrasin
06-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, it's on a farm that floods... so I can understand they wouldn't want people knee deep in water. There would be nowhere to camp or sleep cause it would all be underwater.

CJ

theelectric3
06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
ah... ok, that's understandable..

amodman
06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, it's on a farm that floods... so I can understand they wouldn't want people knee deep in water. There would be nowhere to camp or sleep cause it would all be underwater.

CJ

Meh. I wasn't there that year (sadly :'(), but ask anyone who was at C-Stone what the year of the Tornado was like ;).

amodman
06-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't know why John closed the Skillet Live thread so darned fast, but here's a 'bit of Cornestone news for anyone who was planning on going and had tickets -

"Creation Cancels, All Is Not Lost
http://cornerstonefestival.c.topica.com/maaeVRxabrza3bnpUFGb/
Were you going to Creation East? Bring your unused 2006 Creation East ticket
with you to the gate and receive 20% off of your full-event ticket!"

Heh, so if you can use those same Creation tickets next year, 20% off C-Stone and Creation = not a bad deal ;).

bob
07-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Creation was cancelled because the equipment trucks got stuck pulling in. So they couldn't even set up the stage. The call was made about 3 days before the event so it'd be difficult to move an event with 100,000+ people attending to Hershey in that amount of time. In 1989 they attempted to have Creation in the rain and it was a disaster. So in 1996 and 2003 Creation East was held at Hershey Park due to rain, but there wasn't enough time this year. I was dissapointed because I haven't seen Skillet in 2 years and I was finally going to be able to see them and that fell through. Also, my girlfriend had flown out here to go to Creation East. But overall I haven't been terribly bummed about it.

unshakeable15
07-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Wait! Bob has a girlfriend!? ??? When did this happen?

disciple
07-01-2006, 10:17 PM
You know nothing, foolish mortal.

Sorry, I always wanted to say that. :D ;)

I've known a long time. It should've been obvious. ;)

timmyrotter
07-02-2006, 09:31 PM
ah that explains James absenses!

Crazy4U
07-03-2006, 07:07 AM
When it was like cancelled I was like really mad, cuz I am like a huge fan of Skillet and I was gonna see John Cooper...uh...er...um...what I mean is that I was gonna see Skillet in concert. Yeah!! Ha ha ha!! John Cooper is SO hot!!! He's my hero! But there music is AWESOME!!! I wish I could've went again this year! I went last year and oh, my gosh! Switchfoot was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot hot guys hang out there, too! Ha ha! But ya Creation East is awesome!!! And I am deeply saddened that it was cancelled. LOL!

dawn of light
07-04-2006, 01:25 PM
John Cooper is married by the way...

disciple
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
John Cooper is married by the way...
Somehow I doubt that makes a difference... ;)

bob
07-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Ha ha, yeah, I've had a girlfriend. Since 4/15/06 to be exact. But she lives 1500 miles away. You'd know if you check my myspace. :P But I don't go around bragging about my girlfriend. Not that I want to brag about not bragging . . . humility is a weird thing . . . anyway . . .

ah that explains James absenses!

Yes and no. I got grounded from the internet from a week. Then I went on a mission trip to Mississippi for a week. Then my girlfriend came.

John Cooper is SO hot!!!

That's exactly what I think. :P

Alot hot guys hang out there, too!

That's exactly why I go to a Christian festival. :P

disciple
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
That's exactly why I go to a Christian festival. :P
You make me SOOO envious. :P

Please tell me no one bought that. ::]

bob
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow, that made for a good laugh. And I'm being honest.

disciple
07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Wow, that made for a good laugh. And I'm being honest.
People tell me that that's what I'm good for. God's preserving my sense of humor, or more so, bringing it back. :P Back on topic, now.

bob
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I think Creation is becoming kind of secular now though because there's such a huge crowd there you get some shady people there. Considering someone in my youth group sold PCP there . . . now of course you'd have to ask why a member of my youth group had PCP . . . but hey . . . I guess it gives an oportunity to witness to people, but a lot of people don't attend the speaking sessions and they're really rude during concerts. But that's really the only bad thing I can say about Creation. Most of that activity is isolated to the fringe stage though.

dawn of light
07-06-2006, 06:43 AM
There are a lot of drugs going on around Christian festival's believe it or not...I think it's because locals to the area will go just to hang out whether they're christian or not.

I remember being at Sonshine Festival a few years ago in Minnesota and there were quite a few drunk/high people around the outskirts of the festival area.