skelfy
07-07-2006, 01:14 PM
This is like, the first Skillet show available this year for me. Anyway, who else is planning on going?

john316
07-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Hey Morgan

Lord willing my family and i are going to try to make this concert...We are going to go up friday catch the concert saturday and leave sunday.

Are you from the Clarksburg area?...my wife is trying to find us a place to stay but we need a motel that allows pets. I think she may have one lined up but im not sure. Any recommendations?

Looks like a good line-up...Skillet,Sanctusreal and AudioA...three of my fav bands in one nite...you cant beat that!... maybe we will see you there.

J

terrasin
07-08-2006, 09:04 AM
We'll be there, too. :)

CJ

john316
07-08-2006, 10:27 AM
We'll be there, too. :)

CJ

Super cool...maybe we will see you there as well. I like to meet you and the mrs 8)

skelfy
07-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Are you from the Clarksburg area?...my wife is trying to find us a place to stay but we need a motel that allows pets. I think she may have one lined up but im not sure. Any recommendations?

We're not from the area, we're driving five and a half hours on that Saturday in fact to make it there. So I'm not sure where we're staying. :-/ But maybe we'll see you guys there. My dad is the only one going with me.

I didn't know Audio Adrenaline and Sanctus Real were playing as well. That's kind of cool.

john316
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
We are planning on leaving tomorrow evening for Clarksburg. I am thinking about wearing a orange tee shirt that says the "The Flock" on the front...it is from a Oriole fan(all ten of us;) ) web site. On the back it says "I Bleed Orange"...so if any of you guys who are going see me feel free to say hi.

I hope everyone has a safe trip.

J

theelectric3
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
safe travels everyone - and have FUN! 8)

john316
07-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Well we got back home this afternoon...here is a quick recap.

It rained almost all day on Saturday...we went to a local mall in the morning to catch a movie...i finally got to see Dead Mans Chest. When we got out of the movie about 1:30 it was raining really hard. We were bummed out especially after what happened with Creation. We starting praying that the rain would stop and about 3pm it did and wound up clearing off and being a beautiful evening.

I sat in the bleacher seats for the first band and Santus Real but went down in the crowd with my girls for Skillet. I guess it goes without saying that i am stiff today:P . As always Skillet put on the great show. They sang two new songs Rebirth and Last Night...those two songs alone will be worth buying the new cd.Korey did some great vocals in both of them which i really enjoyed as i think she has a spectacular voice. Great stuff!!

I got to meet CJ and Sky Flashings and it was really nice to get to talk to them. They had a lot of problems setting up that afternoon with the rain and all but the light show was great and they did a excellent job...once again nice to meet you guys and sorry i didnt to see you again after the show.

I dont know if anyone here knew but John said that his grandfather passed away last week so i am sure he could use our prayers.

We got some pics...i will try to post some of them soon.

J

skelfy
07-23-2006, 01:44 PM
I think I saw you when CJ was talking to you near the bleachers. I was talking to Sky Flashings and then darted off to the bathroom. :P

My one major complaint: people need to learn pit etiquette. Don't hold LOUD social circles RIGHT behind mid-center.

theelectric3
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
aw, so glad you all had fun!

terrasin
07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
YAY for browser crashing!

Thanks a lot, John. :)
It was good to meet you. Hopefully we can get together again soon and actually have a chance to talk for more than 5 minutes. Things were pretty crazy yesterday. I had some issues at the beginning of the show, much like we had been having all day long, but they were fixed pretty quickly. I wish I could have used the movers, but since Skillet wasn't headlining, I couldn't. I wanted to come up and chill with you guys after we finished, but loading out took longer than expected. In fact, I had just gotten on the trailer with the last of the gear when AA finished their encore. It was hard getting things put away with barely any light and mud everywhere.

Was good to see you too Skelfy. Sorry to hear about the pit. Sky was complaining about that as well. It was good getting a chance to hang out with your dad. He's a pretty cool guy. I think he took a couple pictures from the FOH too. Sky was really excited that she finally got to meet you.

Can't wait to see the pictures you guys got. I still think you both should come to the Huntington show. ;)

CJ

skelfy
07-23-2006, 04:13 PM
YAY for browser crashing!
Was good to see you too Skelfy. Sorry to hear about the pit. Sky was complaining about that as well. It was good getting a chance to hang out with your dad. He's a pretty cool guy. I think he took a couple pictures from the FOH too. Sky was really excited that she finally got to meet you.

Can't wait to see the pictures you guys got. I still think you both should come to the Huntington show. ;)

CJ

Same to you. but I can't remember how far Huntington is...:P

terrasin
07-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Picturessssss! :P
;)

CJ

disciple
07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Aw, makes me wish I could have went. So many cool panheads in one spot. :( Oh well, I probably would've been trampled to death with my demeanor. :D ;)

john316
07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Aw, makes me wish I could have went. So many cool panheads in one spot. :( Oh well, I probably would've been trampled to death with my demeanor. :D ;)

No worrys...if you would stick with me as they mostly feel sorry for the old guy and give me space:)

disciple
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Ups and downs, eh? ;)

sky_flashings
07-31-2006, 06:10 AM
My one major complaint: people need to learn pit etiquette. Don't hold LOUD social circles RIGHT behind mid-center.
Yes, it difficult to rock out when the EVERYONE around you is hyper and chitchatting about their obviously important plans to go to McDonald's after the show. GREAT IDEA! :P