Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
k, all my friends tell me i am pretty, but i'm wondering if they are just saying that to be nice. i've liked over 10 guys in the past couple of months and well none liked me back. so i came to you all to ask you a question! since i don't know very many of you i'll ask you to give your honest oppinion. k, i am the girl in the picture that i have as my avatar. am i pretty or what am i??? it would really help me to have honest oppinions!!!!!!! thanks!;)

dawn of light
07-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah, you're beautiful! Don't ever believe that you're not just because some guys didn't like you! (they could have thought you were pretty but just didn't want to date you). You are very pretty and one day you'll get that gorgeous guy who thinks you're beautiful too! I wouldn't worry too much about the guys, because 13 is pretty young to date, in my experience it's much better to wait until you're older and can think about a more serious relationship.

Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah, you're beautiful! Don't ever believe that you're not just because some guys didn't like you! (they could have thought you were pretty but just didn't want to date you). You are very pretty and one day you'll get that gorgeous guy who thinks you're beautiful too! I wouldn't worry too much about the guys, because 13 is pretty young to date, in my experience it's much better to wait until you're older and can think about a more serious relationship.

well...i'm not ready for dating either, but i do like some guys and i want some guy friends. its just that guys don't evan wanna be friends with me and i never had a guy say i was pretty it kinda makes me mad sometimes. i get depressed alot and stuff. i've tried to kill myself a few times and so yah. i dunno. anywayz. i just need the truth from people. i need the honest truth of what they think! peace out and rock on!

dawn of light
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Guys friends are good to have but I think girl friends are more important. Do you know why you have a hard time making friends with guys? Sometimes when we focus on making friends too much and trying really hard people will notice. I've done that before...I couldn't concentrate on anything else except to make a certain group of people like me more and try to become friends with them. I realized I was focusing on the wrong thing and I decided to just be myself rather than what I thought people wanted to see. That is the reason why I met my closest friend, she didn't like who I pretended to be, she liked me. (I don't know if it's like that in your case or not, but what I'm just trying to say is focus of growing in God, becoming more like the person He created you to be, and friends will be drawn to your God given personality.)

I never had a guy tell me I was pretty until I was 14. (I think...) Anyway, I know that's something that every girl loves to here from guys but try not to focus on that too much because you ARE beautiful even if no one tells you. I find that sometimes it's not so much how you look but how you feel. You want to feel beautiful, like someone thinks you're pretty. You need to get your feeling of beauty from God, the One who created you. If you don't know you're beautiful because of who God created you to be, the compliments from guys won't mean much after a while. (A really good book to read about this is Captivating by John and Stacy Eldredge)

As for the depression thing...could you talk to your mom about it? Or an older youth leader? It's really important to get help from someone especially if you're feeling suicidal. Just remember the "the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10. God has so many amazing things for you and for your life!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

(if you ever want to talk more, don't hesitate to pm me!)

zeroneff
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't wait for sum guy to say you're pretty, becuse God made everyone diffrent to look the way you do...
And if you don't feel pretty it's not the outside it's the inside that makes you you :)

Um be carefull about posting stuff about youresalf on the webb...

Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 09:41 AM
thanks guys. that helped me alot! dawn (mind if i call ya that?) and Neff thanks!!!!!! um...i usualy make friends very easily, i don't try to hard or anything. um...yah...all i'm trying to figure out is if, my friends are just trying to be nice cuz they are always like "Livvy, don't say your ugly! your so beautiful." and they say stuff like that and i dunno. i think every girl feels ugly, but i dunno. um...i get made fun of alot so i am very easily affended and i get hert by what people say alot cuz 90% of the people i know make fun of me. i dunno why. i mean i'm happy with who i am. i wouldn't wanna act like someone else. i always show people who i truly am! i am a crazy, hyper-active, talkative kinda girl! so yah. i dunno what my problem is here latley. i guess it all started with this...

Well i liked this one guy and he was like to me "no, your not ugly. quit saying that" and than he went on to tell me that we'll be friends forever and that nothing can stop our friendship and stuff like that. than he said "if you ever need someone to talk to or if you just need a friend. just remember you have a friend who will always love you and care for you. i'll always be here and i'll do my best to help." well like a day after he said that he turned around and told my friend that she was REALLY hot! it made me really upset! i dunno.

Do i have a right to kinda be mad at this guy? i mean i dunno. after he did that it made me feel ugly and wierd and stuff. (by the way this all happend like yesterday!) so yah. anywayz.
I'll continue to be who God created me as, but i just been really upset and stuff. i dunno. is it stupid of me to be like this?

dawn of light
07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
You can call me dawn or rachel whichever you want. I don't think it's stupid for you to feel that way. Every girl at one point or another thinks they're ugly and gets insecure about how they look. I'm glad you're happy about who you are, that's awesome!

From what you said, I gathered that this guy was only talking about being friends with you. When he said that this other girl was hot, it probably wasn't to purposely hurt you or make you feel weird. I wouldn't be mad at him, he's just acting like guys do. Sometimes young guys don't know what they want and can get confused about girls just like we get confused about guys. I wouldn't worry about it! He said that he wanted to be your friend so just have fun with him! Don't worry about who he thinks is better looking or who else he thinks is hot, in the long run it doesn't really matter.

NightCrawler
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
k, all my friends tell me i am pretty, but i'm wondering if they are just saying that to be nice. i've liked over 10 guys in the past couple of months and well none liked me back. so i came to you all to ask you a question! since i don't know very many of you i'll ask you to give your honest oppinion. k, i am the girl in the picture that i have as my avatar. am i pretty or what am i??? it would really help me to have honest oppinions!!!!!!! thanks!;)

Sure!

But what does someone liking you (romantically) have to do with your looking pretty?

Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks Dawn!!!! you know all the right things to say! this guy...well he new i liked him. in this one email i sent him i told him that he was good looking and he replied back and said "thanks!!!!! i've never been called good looking before. so yah! thanks!!!!!!" and he was saying stuff like that.
yah, we are just friends, but i like him enough to kinda get jealous if he likes another girl if ya know what i mean?

Oh, yah! NightCrawler...well every girl most likly wants the guy she likes to think shes pretty, but i dunno. =)

aliengurl7
07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Looks fade away, don't worry about it. You'll find a guy that likes you for you.

Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 10:37 AM
thanks! y'all are helping me get over this depressing mood!!! thank you 100%!

drumchick101
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Well I won't lie, being 13 sucks more than any other age that I've been before now (I'll be 18 in september). The devil tries so hard to steal the beauty from God's women (not to say he doesn't attack the guys). Why? because God loves beauty, I mean, He really loves it. Just look around, flowers didn't have to look pretty, but they do. And that's why He made women beautiful. I'll give a second recomendaion on the book Captivating because it describes what I just said very well. God doesn't jsut want you to think that you are beautiful just because that's what those around you say, but He wants you to know that are beautiful because that's the way He made you. You'll be surprised by how different God's definition of beauty is from the world's.

Don't feel bad about guys not telling you that you are pretty. I don't mean to discourage you, but I'm 17 and still waiting. As much as I used to hate that, I'm at peace with that now because there's no harm in waiting. Like I said, it gets better as you get older because you begin to understand more. I say this not even being that old...

As your inner person is beginning to truly form and will continue I pray that you will get lost in God. I sat here for ten minutes trying to think about how to describe that to you & I'm not sure that I know how. All that I know is that it started with me, before I went to bed every night, telling God how my day went(note: I was a christian before then). Nothing has been the same since then (*counts* about four years ago). It's funny that it feels as though 10 years has gone by, but I was about your age. Life as I will ever know it has changed for the better.

><sarah><

why-he-bled
07-19-2006, 01:19 PM
i think your pretty,and im 14,and all those other guys are prolly just losers that only care about themselves.

Crazy4U
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
you guys are so sweet!!! sarah, that made me wanna cry cuz you said everything so well! you guys are helping me get over this so much! my friends that i have here were i live are Christians, but they never talk about it. its great to be in a place with good Christians! thanks!!!! yah, and Sebe, thanks!!!!!!

drumchick101
07-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Now re-reading it, I see that you naviagted through the many typos that I just fixed. It's funny that you say I'm "sweet" because when I was your age I wasn't so sweet. But hanging out with God gives you compassion for such things, but without Him I am plain awful...so I don't take the credit.

><sarah><

P.S. nice signiture, some guys say that girls can't be dorks...but using myself as an example, I beg to differ ;)

skynes
07-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Guys don't compliment you now, but when God brings your future husband into your life, his compliments will be like gold.

I third the 'Captivating is the book to read' comment.

weebird20
07-20-2006, 02:36 AM
hey Livvy....like everyone has been saying...don't worry about not getting compliments from guys about how pretty you are (you are extremely beautiful) i never got any either...honestly...i was never even asked out by a guy until i was 22...but like Scott said...

Guys don't compliment you now, but when God brings your future husband into your life, his compliments will be like gold.

And i can tell you now those compliments ARE worth more than gold...and as nice as it would have been to be complimented when i was younger...it has made me treasure the compliments i get now from my fiance even more :)

God created you beautiful...you are "fearfully and wonderfully made"

Crazy4U
07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
thanks guys!!!!! rock on, peace out!

john316
07-20-2006, 02:32 PM
If if you want an old mans opinion i think you are a very lovely young lady.

Blessings

J

Crazy4U
07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
thanks!!! you all ROCK!!!!! you guys have helped me in so many ways in the short period of time that i've been here! peace out!

BarlowgIRL
07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey, I'm gorgeous cause I think I am, not cause guys tell me I am(not like they do anyway). I feel beautiful when I dress like myself. When I let my friends have fun and dress me up in pastel yellow and won't let me wear black, yeah, all the guys jump to tell me I'm beautiful, but I don't feel it. Just know that you are beautiful and don't worry what everyone else thinks. Well, worry about what God thinks cause he looks on the inside and wants THAT to be as beautiful as your face!

Crazy4U
07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
uh...thanks!!!!!!

***smiles**** "these people on here are great!"

theelectric3
07-20-2006, 09:40 PM

my fellow panheads have already said so much. :) i just wanted to echo their words of wisdom and love.

you are fearfully and wonderfully made. i wouldn't stress out over whether or not guys compliment you.

this may sound weird, but i'd rather not get compliments from a guy if they were always based on my appearance and not as a whole. there is so much more to a person than what they look like.

and yes, every girl likes to be complimented here and there. but don't set your identity on what someone else thinks of you (as is all too easy to do).

so much is changing at 13... allow this time to be when you grow and mature (physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually)... continue to grow strong in your relationship with the Lord, your family, your peers... discover who you are (who God created you to be) and be confident in that.

i personally believe that because so much is developing and changing at 13 (for girls and guys) that really isn't the time to be seeking serious relationships and such. i think at that age, everyone is starting to wonder who they are and how they fit in this world (i know it was that way for me, at least).

be confident in Christ. You are His daughter and His is passionately in love with you. He did everything to enable you and Him to be together. the purest love store ever. :)

Crazy4U
07-21-2006, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=theelectric3]

i personally believe that because so much is developing and changing at 13 (for girls and guys) that really isn't the time to be seeking serious relationships and such. i think at that age, everyone is starting to wonder who they are and how they fit in this world (i know it was that way for me, at least).

__________________________________________________ ____________
yes, thats how it is 4 me, too. sometimes i just sit in one place for like an hour feeling sorry for who i am. it may sound wierd, but yah. anywayz. thanks guys!

theelectric3
07-27-2006, 09:11 PM
aw, don't sit and feel sorry for who you are! you are a daughter of the living God. you are beautiful.. inside AND out. every breath you breathe is God speaking purpose, love, destiny and beauty into you.

as~i~lay~dying
08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
mmhhmm... seriously, people don't care how you look ... it's your personaltiy that makes you beautiful or ugly ...

p.s I think you are gourgous!

planet_kosmos
08-13-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm 14, a guy and finding that whole guy girl thing confusing but meh. Haha, 13 is way too young to go out. At that age (well my age really) guy girl relationships generally last a few weeks (well thats from friends experiences and theyre non-christian so I really wouldn't know about Christians going out).
IMO who cares what the other person actually looks like?

drumchick101
08-13-2006, 04:37 PM
But you can't go too much the other way. As for females and beauty goes, don't neglect your outter beauty, but don't worry about it. It is your heart that matters most.

><sarah><

planet_kosmos
08-14-2006, 11:18 PM
But you can't go too much the other way. As for females and beauty goes, don't neglect your outter beauty, but don't worry about it. It is your heart that matters most.

><sarah><

nicely put sarah :)

somasoul
09-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Don't worry 'bout bein' pretty, girl. There'll be plenty of time for boys and men. When you're young, which I think you are, boys are all losers anyway who don't know jack about how to treat a woman.

Nedarbi
09-05-2006, 10:07 AM
in my personal opinion i think highschool and younger is the wrong time in your life to start dating and seeking the opposite sex. at young ages you will face great physical and emotion temptations and it is a test from god. dating should be saved for when you know you can make the right decisions.

i am almost 18 now and i am in grade 12. i remember the last couple of years very well and all the girls that i either felt really attracted to or serioulsy pondered asking out. every time i felt these temptations i had to keep reminding myself that i cant because the feeling would not last. and everysingle time it did go away. i have never had a girlfriend, and it may seem weird to some but i am ok with that. my dad has always had a rule in my family, that we are not to date until out of highschool. simply because a teenagers raging horomones and lack of maturity will easily cause you to make wrong decisions. it's the same for peer-pressure. dont let people think and tell you who you are. you know your beautiful and you know you can be strong through god. believe me it gets very hard at times. but eventually it gets easier and it will be much worth it.

DustinRocks
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah I'm 21 and still figuring out the the whole boys and girls are differant thing.

Sparky
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm a 22 year old who happens to chat to 13-15 year old girls a lot on msn....I'm not quite sure how that happened. I only had one or two a few years ago and they thought I was cool so they kept getting their friends to add me and they got their friends to add me and so on and so on....Needless to say I have never come across someone in your age range Crazy4U, that has a good self esteem about themselves. They all think they are fat, or they are ugly, or all the guys hate them, or they are stupid. So you are certainly not alone in feeling the way you did.

I'm not going to tell you that youíre pretty for two reasons. First of all Iím 22 and I don't think itís appropriate for me to discuss your looks! However more importantly I don't think it matters what your looks are. If a guy isn't going to date you because of your looks then he simply isn't worthy of your love. It's as simple as that. Unfortunately I have had a limited experience of love to this point in life but what I can tell you from my own experiences and the experiences of my friends is that when I (or they) fall in love with a girl, she becomes the most beautiful person in the world to you. I.e. when a guy falls in love with you he is going to think you are more beautiful then any girl in the world. That is the power of love.

Indeed I would stay away from guys who are only going after you cause of your looks, because in a relationship like that they only want one thing, and itís not something you should be giving up at this stage in your life.

My 2 cents

Grunge=Fun
09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
you are a beautiful girl and shouldnt be worried about what people think. guys are airheads. they dont know what they want from a girl. thats why teenage dating is so pathetic, because nobody knows what they want... haha. yeah

skilletfreak101
09-15-2006, 12:09 PM
you are a beautiful girl and shouldnt be worried about what people think. guys are airheads. they dont know what they want from a girl. thats why teenage dating is so pathetic, because nobody knows what they want... haha. yeah
amen sista

unshakeable15
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
amen sista
*COUGH*

Uh.

Grunge is a guy.

He's no "sista".

But both of you are correct (Grunge for the comment, SF101 for the "amen").

skilletfreak101
09-20-2006, 05:28 AM
*COUGH*

Uh.

Grunge is a guy.

He's no "sista".

But both of you are correct (Grunge for the comment, SF101 for the "amen").
hahhhahahhahaha....sorry if i've offended you or anything

m_money618
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm a 22 year old who happens to chat to 13-15 year old girls a lot on msn....I'm not quite sure how that happened. I only had one or two a few years ago and they thought I was cool so they kept getting their friends to add me and they got their friends to add me and so on and so on....Needless to say I have never come across someone in your age range Crazy4U, that has a good self esteem about themselves. They all think they are fat, or they are ugly, or all the guys hate them, or they are stupid. So you are certainly not alone in feeling the way you did.

I'm not going to tell you that youíre pretty for two reasons. First of all Iím 22 and I don't think itís appropriate for me to discuss your looks! However more importantly I don't think it matters what your looks are. If a guy isn't going to date you because of your looks then he simply isn't worthy of your love. It's as simple as that. Unfortunately I have had a limited experience of love to this point in life but what I can tell you from my own experiences and the experiences of my friends is that when I (or they) fall in love with a girl, she becomes the most beautiful person in the world to you. I.e. when a guy falls in love with you he is going to think you are more beautiful then any girl in the world. That is the power of love.

Indeed I would stay away from guys who are only going after you cause of your looks, because in a relationship like that they only want one thing, and itís not something you should be giving up at this stage in your life.

My 2 cents

very good advice;D :) :)