TheFireBreathes
07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

Hm, this verse intrigues me. What kind of weapons is he talking about? Are they weapons from the enemy? Sorry if this is a short thread. I'm just working on a story and I'm trying to see if this verse ties into the theme or not.

lamb_servant72
07-23-2006, 04:25 AM
16 "See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc;"

Re 6:8 - Show ContextI looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

lamb_servant72
07-23-2006, 04:47 AM
This is interesting...a study on the weapons of the enemy. I don't have alot of time this morning, but here are a few verses about the sword and words.

Re 6:8 - I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Psalm 78:62 He gave his people over to the sword; he was very angry with his inheritance.

Proverbs12:6 The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, but the speech of the upright rescues them.

13 An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble.

14 From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.

18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 25:18 Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is the man who gives false testimony against his neighbor.

You may want to go here to research sword, there is alot!:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=sword&section=0&version=all&new=1&oq=sword

TheFireBreathes
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Sweet, thankyou very much Lisa.