timmyrotter
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
so who do you think is gonna win? j/k we all know the answer to that. (besides no one wins in war) what do you all think about this whole ordeal? when will it end? thoughts?

aliengurl7
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I think Israel's doing what they have to do to get rid of Hezbollah and I think they'll come out of it victorious in the end.

disciple
07-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Heh, it did indeed sound like you were announcing a boxing match. *ding!*

I don't know what kind of recoil or effects to expect because of this, it could just end up settling down "peacefully" as things usually do over there.

Unregistered
07-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I really doubt that Isreal is going to eleminate all hezbola "memebers" (for lack of better terms) However Isreal might fight long enough and hard enough so the hezbola has to back off, and then maybe will change their name, and or, change the leadership arround.

I think that as long as Iran and Syria are in their current position. Isreal is going to have trouble from them. But we know who is going to win the war. Isreal can't loose completely.

aliengurl7
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Its Israel not Isreal...

skilletfreak101
07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
my pastor thinks that this is the end of the world

Jesus freak_14
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
my pastor thinks that this is the end of the world

So does mine. But it's kind of hard for me to not believe it because in the bible this is exactly how the end of the world was described, although i must admit i am in denial. What are your thoughts on it?:)

disciple
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Everybody's always saying, "IT'S THE END TIMES!!!"

People have been saying it since after Christ died.

In technicality, sure, we are, just not on such a short scale.

Jesus freak_14
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
that's a good point :)

dawn of light
07-27-2006, 05:30 AM

yup, that's my view on it too. If it is the end time, that's ok, if it isn't, that's ok too. I personally would love Jesus to come back once I'm 100 years old so that I get the perks of living on the earth for a while AND I get to experience the rapture. But it's all in His timing, I don't really think about it that much.

NightCrawler
07-27-2006, 07:37 AM

Copied from Biblegateway.com
Matthew 24 [niv]

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
--

Personally, I believe there is a war coming -- I don't know if it is related to this one -- but a war in my lifetime that will have many die for Christ. Myself included. I don't know why, just a feeling. It creeps me out, but somehow calming.

dawn of light
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Copied from Biblegateway.com
Matthew 24 [niv]

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Huh, I never caught that part before, "all these are the beginning of birth pains". I guess what Jesus is saying is that it's just the beginning of the end times. Theres so much more to come.

NightCrawler
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, the beginning of birth pains could've been the Roman invasion and the destruction of Jerusalem/Temple. (notice that it says just a few verses before that ...

Matthew 24 [niv]:
"1Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2'Do you see all these things?' he asked. 'I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.'"

Jesus freak_14
07-27-2006, 02:17 PM
So do you think that everything going on with Israel now is what the bible is talking about? You know, the beginning of the end? Or do you think that everything will just blow over and everything will be fine? I'm confused :-\.

loner_33
07-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, yes and no, because Israel's been through a ton of wars. This is just another one. Like Jesus said, there will be wars and rumors of wars--I'd like someone to tell me a period of 200 years where there HASN'T been a war (not necessarily against Israel). Personally, I don't think Jesus is going to come back in my time, but thinking like sure doesn't cancel out the possibility. Best to do like the Word says and live in expectation.

skilletfreak101
07-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, yes and no, because Israel's been through a ton of wars. This is just another one. Like Jesus said, there will be wars and rumors of wars--I'd like someone to tell me a period of 200 years where there HASN'T been a war (not necessarily against Israel). Personally, I don't think Jesus is going to come back in my time, but thinking like sure doesn't cancel out the possibility. Best to do like the Word says and live in expectation.
i totally agree with you there....live in expectation. always be ready, because Jesus will come "...suddenly, like a theif in the night."

theelectric3
07-27-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah, we can't point to the specific day and say "there it is!" but we can say with full assurance that "we are closer today than yesterday." and it's true.

i fully support the actions of Israel.

dawn of light
07-28-2006, 05:36 AM
i fully support the actions of Israel.

I don't. Just about every country except the US doesn't either. They're going way overboard this time. More civilians have died than anything. There's city after city that's cut off from water and food supply because of Israel destroying the surrounding infrastructure, which I'm sure will cause many more deaths. There have been about 400 civilian deaths in Lebanon and about 20 in Israel. How many civilians have to die before they say the cost is too high? I totally agree that the Hizbollah should be eradicated but the force the Israeli's are using is excessive.

Reeper
07-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Israel has no choice. Hezbollah is using civilians as shields. I've heard a bunch of stories about "Israel taking out churches and civilian buildings and this shows that the force they are using is too much" but what they neglect to tell you in the mainstream media is that those buildings and cities that have been cutoff were being used by Hezbollah as military installations.

Really Israel has two choices. One, use less force and have many, many, many Israeli civilians die, remember we are talking about a terrorist organization is Hezbollah. Or two, use the amount of force they are using(which by the way is way less than they could be using, Israel has one of the best armies in the world) and risk 400 Lebannese civilian deaths, but save millions more. To me the choice is simple. Just think logically.

Peace

john316
07-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Here is a link that i found interesting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14083809/site/newsweek/?GT1=8307

NightCrawler
07-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't. Just about every country except the US doesn't either. They're going way overboard this time. More civilians have died than anything. There's city after city that's cut off from water and food supply because of Israel destroying the surrounding infrastructure, which I'm sure will cause many more deaths. There have been about 400 civilian deaths in Lebanon and about 20 in Israel. How many civilians have to die before they say the cost is too high? I totally agree that the Hizbollah should be eradicated but the force the Israeli's are using is excessive.

I doubt that the fall of jericho was humane. God destroyed the walls and the Isrælites totally killed every civilian and warrior. Every animal too, if I am not mistaken. The only ones that were saved was a descendant of Abraham too (by faith/the promise) and her family.

War is effective and required, regardless of the age. Even if the losers include children that are bloody, on fire, writhing in pain. If this got to your emotions, you probably are disregarding what I said.

God uses war.

Why shouldn't Isræl defend itself? Why should pagan countries be allowed to terrorize who God has chosen?

Is Isræl in sin? Are they going to lose because God is going to have them fail until they return to Him?

skilletosis
07-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Very interesting article John, thanks for the link.

I completely support Israel in this war. Lebonnesse citizens have democraticly elected Hezbolla members into their government. They accept Hezbolla. Yesterday I saw a couple of interviews that just cemented my feelings. A displaced man said he was at the shelter with his two kids only because he had to take care of his children. He had previously fought for Hezbolla and would leave immediately to fight if he was asked to. Lebannon government and it's citizens are supporters of terrorism.

It's hard to feel sorry for the civilians when it's the civilians that are arming themselves and fighting against Israel. It's hard to feel sorry for the wives of terrorists considering they have chosen that path. The kids are raised to hate Israel. It's the parents who are putting their children at risk.

We all know what a bad neighborhood is. And when we find ourselves in one we find a way to get out. These people are well aware that their neighbors are involved with Hezbolla. Lebannons terrorist citizens have started a war and Israel can use any means that they need to in order to put Hezbolla out of business imo.

aliengurl7
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't know about Israel, there are reports coming out of Gaza strip that they are using new weapons possibly chemical on the Lebanese. I've seen pictures of the victims and they don't look like normal deaths i'll just say that because I don't wanna get graphic. Here's a news link from Belgium there are no pictures on this site so don't worry.
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=48&story_id=31715

skilletosis
07-30-2006, 03:24 PM
If Israel had used any chemical weapons every news outlet would be foaming at the mouth plastering it all over our tv's.

asparagus
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
When you kill hundreds of people just because two of your soldiers were kidnapped, who exactly is the terrorist nation here?

Two Israeli soldiers are not equal to the 400+ civilians that have needlessly died in another war that will get Israel nowhere.

Have we forgotten so quickly that Israel less than a decade ago tried to disarm Hezbolla? It didn't work then, and the current strategy doesn't seem to have improved on the previous one.

Three problems I see here:
1. Israel is overreacting. 2 soldiers not equal to 400 civilian deaths.
2. Even if it wasn't an overreaction, Israel's current military strategy is entirely inefficient and poorly stategized.
3. Israel will end up playing into the hands of Hezbolla by losing the media war, resulting in increase sypathy for Hezbolla by surrounding countries, which will increase its power and memebership.

But hey, I'm not pessimistic or anything...

dawn of light
07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Israel used chemical weapons, but at the same time I'd have to hear it from another source in order to fully believe it.

It's hard to feel sorry for the civilians when it's the civilians that are arming themselves and fighting against Israel.

Is it really? That's kind of a cold-hearted attitude. I don't see why you wouldn't have compassion even if you don't agree with what they do. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your children being blown up and your life being destroyed. You'd probably fight back too.

skilletosis
07-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Oh asparagus could you smell the debate a mile away or what.

Israel retaliated against something that is considered an act of war. Israel has also warned the Lebanesse people that they will fire upon sites that are firing at them so that they could get out. Those people getting killed have ignored that. Their childrens deaths are on their hands for not trying to leave. As a parent if I knew my neighbor was shooting rockets at another county and I was warned. You bet your biscuts I'd find a way to get my rear end out of there and protect my children. And the men, they aren't men at all. They have been taught hate. This hate is what they are letting rule their decisions to the point of using residential areas to fire from and not protecting the women and children from being fired upon. This hatred is so strong and so wide spread throught Lebanon that I have yet to see any Lebanesse citizens speak out against Hezbolla. Yes there may be a few that are too scared.

Israel since the beginning has told Hezbolla to release the soldiers and there will be a cesation of military strikes. Hezbolla refused and continued shooting rockets. This weekend the rocket count was at about 1200 fired from Hezbolla. It has come to the point that this is no longer only about 2 soldiers. It's about an armed terrorist group that is supported by Lebanons government and supplied with arms by it's neighbors. That has no interest in living peacefully with it's neighbors.

I am no history buff but I think this is the third conflict with Hezbolla out of Lebanon. Even if I'm wrong and it's just the second it is neccessary to criple Hezbolla to the point of putting them out of business. Will it work? I don't have a crystal ball to find out. Does Israel have the right to protect itself using the degree of force they have? Absolutely.

I do think that it is very possible that the next time Lebanon has elections there will be more Hezbolla members elected to office.

But also remember that this is Iran and Syrias way of using an army against Isreal without any government being blamed. Lebanon at this point can say "it's Hezbolla not Lebanon firing at Israel". Yet when you hear Lebanesse citizens they aren't making a distinction between the two. And it's a huge smoke screen for Iran in their nuclear weapons programs. They are banking on our attentions to be drawn away from their program. Yet we are finding more and more intellegence that Hezbolla's arms and support are coming from Iran.

Bottom line be right with God. We don't know if this is it or not.

skilletosis
07-31-2006, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Israel used chemical weapons, but at the same time I'd have to hear it from another source in order to fully believe it.

Is it really? That's kind of a cold-hearted attitude. I don't see why you wouldn't have compassion even if you don't agree with what they do. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your children being blown up and your life being destroyed. You'd probably fight back too.

If rockets were coming at me from residential neighborhoods where the wives know and support their husbands terrorist hateful views I would not have compassion for them. It is a kill or be killed situation. Do I have compassion for the kids, I said I do feel for them. But you also have to realize that these kids are taught about jihad and hatred from the time they are 5. By the time they can fire a real weapon they are ready and willing. Then I loose all compassion for them.

Asparagus I do agree on the loosing of the media war.

john316
07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh please...Alex...you have to know that this goes deeper then just two soldiers being kidnaped. Everyone in that region wants Israel wiped off of the map. They cant afford to be diplomatic.

As to if it will disarm Hezbolla?..we will just have to wait and see.

terrasin
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Has the 24 hour period started yet for civillians to get out of Lebannon?

CJ

timmyrotter
08-14-2006, 11:21 AM
ive heard a lot of tlak this is all biblical, from some pastors even. could this be the end?

TheFireBreathes
08-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Someone was telling me the only way they know we will begin the end is if Russia joins in.

timmyrotter
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
which is liekly to happen, probably not for awhile though.