Pages : [1] 2

Tanel
07-26-2006, 10:29 AM
This song just got added to CR.net http://www.christianrock.net/

It still isn't added to their purevolume or myspace site so this is pretty much the only place you can hear that song through net. But this song RAWKS!!! This is way too good to be true! I really didn't expect anything that good from this album. I just want to hear other songs from this album as well! Anyways, people go and request it! Cause I want to hear it :P you see I allready requested it today so I can't request it until tomorrow. :'(

Maugrim
07-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Ya, I was so excited because the player said "Up Next...Skillet" so I was all hyped, and it turned out to be Alien Youth Unplugged! GAH!

I've tried to request it and it won't let me, something about the artist has played within the last 30 minutes. Lame! I'll keep trying, I really would like to hear this song!

Tanel
07-26-2006, 10:48 AM
It doesn't let you request a song when the artist has been played in the last 30 min. or when to song has been played in the last 2 hours.

theelectric3
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM
oh wow, i didn't know it was released already - thanks for the heads up!

Maugrim
07-26-2006, 01:19 PM
I requested it a few hours ago...it should be playing any time now, I hope. Be on the listen, Panheads!

EDIT: Well, after a few minutes of posting this, it finally came on! Wow, fun stuff. Korey's singing is really used well in this song, and John wasn't joking when he said they complimented one another nicely! And the keyboards are back again, finally. Rock on, Skillet...and well done!

theelectric3
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
ok..... it flat.out.ROCKS.

SO glad to hear Korey in there, love the solos, the drums, the tone, the strings... yes yes yes yes yes yes YES.

doormonkey
07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
AAAAAHHHHH I WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!
too bad the sound died on my laptop...

lamb_servant72
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
ARGH!!! My speakers are messed up! The title sounds cool, though. What's the song about?

terrasin
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
\m/ \m/
Requesting. It's a fantabulous song. :)

CJ

doormonkey
07-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Must...not...go...insane...while...waiting...
AAAGH!!!!
OK, I'm gonna be alright...really...
Here's hoping they post it on myspace or purevolume soon.

404not_found
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Ah darn this sucks... I got it right in the middle... looks like I'll have to wait another 2 hours or whatever to hear the whole thing.

Oh well what I heard was fricken awesome!!!

(BTW I think I like the sound a little better than the Collide one... collide was cool but this seems cleaner... if that makes any sense...)

JohnnyRocker
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Whoa...didn't know that was out there yet.

planet_kosmos
07-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Listening to it as I type :D , I don't think it is a very good song, collide was by far more favourable to me but hope the rest of the album is better:lick:

404not_found
07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
*throws computer out the window* BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I waited 2 hours just so I request it and then since I guess noones on it played faster than I was expecting it would and it started playing before the player was loading crappily for some reason this time so all I got to hear was John going

"Re bir bir bir bir th th uh uh uh uh uh Ye ah ah" -_-

I shall try again tomorrow. Just a tip, get on about 1am and it will play the song very quick :D I found that out.

Unregistered
07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
christianrock.net always skips on my computer. anywhere else i can hear it yet?

pizza brain
07-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I love the new song!!!!!!!!

Arafax
07-27-2006, 03:40 PM
wOOt!!! I have been listening to Christianrock.net for a few hours now and I have finally heard it!!! Yes!! Man, that is a very dynamic tune! An awesome first single.

It is accessible, yet it rocks too. It isn't overly hard to scare away people. It has a depth and openess that is infectious. This is destined to be a massive radio hit. Solid.

Mikhail
07-27-2006, 03:56 PM
twenty minutes ago i listen this song...this AWESOME!!!!!!
and i record this on my MP3 player;D
I dont know, may i write link this song on this forum???

PS SORRY FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH::]

pizza brain
07-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Your english isn't that bad......i've actually used worse english lol.

theelectric3
07-27-2006, 08:20 PM
hey Mikhail, i deleted the link you gave. i know you meant well, but if you recorded Skillet's single off the computer it's best just for you to enjoy it for yourself. i don't think it's legal to record it and then share it (and i know you meant well, and maybe it's different in Russia... but that's the rules, from what i understand, in America).

thanks. :)

but yeah, isn't the song awesome?? right now christianrock.net is the only place playing it (that i know of) but the single is being mailed to mainstream radio stations August 1st. so be listening and request the song! :D

Mikhail
07-28-2006, 01:43 AM
...sorry...

flame_boi
07-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Yeah I heard it was just released, I was looking on coming up and skillet was coming up and I was like ::] but it was "I can"-skillet not the new song, but it shouldnt take too long for me to hear it on the next cycle, cant wait for the new album to come out ;D -Flame_boi

Stridergorn
07-28-2006, 07:19 AM
*twitch*
I'm listening it to it for the first time. I looove it. Korey sounds really good with John. And Ben's solo is insane.

flame_boi
07-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Just heard the last half of it what I like it great I just missed the start of it :-[ oh well try again hey ;D -flame_boi

Maddog
07-28-2006, 07:34 AM
yah bens solo is insane...saw it live. It rocked

mustlovejesus
07-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Dude I just found out bout it last night!! And I requested it all morning and it finnally came on so I recirded it! it sounds awsome! Panhead 4 LIFE!!!! WOOOO!!

JohnnyRocker
07-28-2006, 08:04 AM
You think THAT solo is insane? Just wait til you hear some of the other ones from the new album...

bballplaya4814
07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
post a link for it, i can't hear it!!!!!!!

theelectric3
07-28-2006, 11:18 AM
no problem Mikhail. :)

post a link? www.christianrock.net click on listen live. request it and wait, it'll come up and you'll hear it. :) and soon enough it'll be on all radio stations so you'll hear it.

yeah, the solo is sweet. 8)

Mikhail
07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
song awesome!!!!!! all users Radio Ultra Forum, who listen Rebirthig, say me that it's VERY COOL, AWESOME and SUPER SONG!!!!!!:)
Now i listen it all about 40 times:o::] And SKILLET ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can wait new album!!!

mustlovejesus
07-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Listning to this new song makes me expect Comatose to be more of a vocal albulm, because Rebirthing is like... Awsome because of the vocals! I can't wait till agust to here the rest!

Jesus freak_14
07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i haven't been able to hear the new song!!!!! i've been listening to Christianrock.net all stinkin day and they haven't played it! I tried to request it and it says that the song is already on the playlist. I'm trying to contain myself but it's really hard :(

zeroneff
07-28-2006, 05:05 PM
ahhh!!!!!! I missed it 5 times by 1 song I wanna cry

404not_found
07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I finally got it to work correctly the yesterday and heard the whole thing this time :D

Anyway I had made a 30 second clip of it... so if you can't get the site to work very well or keep missing it, you can at least get a little peak at it.
Click me!! (http://media.putfile.com/Rebirthing-Clip)

Jesus freak_14
07-28-2006, 06:14 PM
thanks chris! even though it's a short clip, it's sooo much better than nothing. the song sounds great! thanks! i no longer have to beat the crud out of my computer!

zeroneff
07-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Whahoooo....!!!! "Korey sings"

korey_cooper_jr
07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Check it out guys: http://www.skillet.com/news/comatose/

skillet_head
07-28-2006, 11:41 PM
I heard it today on Radio U. It's pretty cool, I can't really say I was blown away yet. I probably need to hear it more.

-J

flame_boi
07-29-2006, 05:23 PM
I finally heard the full version yesterday it Rocks! cant wait to hear the whole album skillet have outdone thereselves again,:)-Flame_boi

"tell me what im gonna feel inside, tell me when I feel Alive"
"Rebithing me now, I wanna live for love I wanna live for you"

terrasin
07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure these are the lyrics for those who wanted them:

Rebirthing

I lie here paralytic
Inside this soul
Screaming to you till
My throat is numb

I wanna break, out I need a way out
I don't believe that it's gotta be this way
The worst, is the waiting
In this room I'm suffocating

Feel your presence
Filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in
I've died

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love
Wanna live for you and me
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)
Rebirthing now
Wanna live my life
wanna give you everything
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)

Right now
Right now

I lie here lifeless
In this cocoon
Shedding my skin cause
I'm ready to

I wanna break out, I found a way out
I don't believe that it's gotta be this way
The worst, is the waiting
In this room I'm suffocating

Feel your presence
Filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in
I've died

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)
Rebirthing now
Wanna live my life
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)

Tell me when I'm gonna live again
Tell me when I'm gonna breathe you in
Tell me when I'm gonna feel inside
Tell me when I'm gonna feel alive

Tell me when I'm gonna live again
Tell me when this fear will end
Tell me when I'm gonna feel inside
Tell me when I'm gonna feel alive

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)
Rebirthing now
Wanna live my life
(For the first time now
I can rely somehow)

Right Now (I can rely somehow)
Right Now (I can rely somehow)

CJ

bballplaya4814
07-29-2006, 07:45 PM
That was awesome! I finally heard it!! ITS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a LITTLE bit excited that's all:afro:

404not_found
07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I lie here paralytic
Inside this soul
Screaming to you till
My throat is numb

"Screaming for* you till" :P

korey_cooper_jr
07-30-2006, 05:31 AM
I was hoping someone would post up those lyrics. Thank you CJ!! :D

timmyrotter
07-30-2006, 09:27 AM
just saw it in concert! wow!!! that song is amazing!

ChildOfChrist
07-30-2006, 10:41 AM
wow...wow...wow...wow...I just listened to the 30 second clip. My mind is officially blown. In the slightly revised words of Strong Bad: "That was the best! That was amazing! I-ege..udgya...I'm buying Skillet a pizza."

timmyrotter
07-30-2006, 10:43 AM
30 second clip?

ChildOfChrist
07-30-2006, 11:01 AM
yep. On page three 404not_found posted a link to a 30 second clip of the song.

SwitchupchicK
07-30-2006, 04:29 PM
MAN.. I saw skillet comin up on that radio station and yell

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

*finally turns out to be Alien Youth*

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Haha if u guys coulda seen me.. funny stuff.

404not_found
07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
So is there gonna be a music video released for this to coincide with the release date of the album?

terrasin
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
John isn't sure if there is going to be a video yet. I think eventually there may be, but at this point, it's not on his "to do" list.

CJ

JohnnyRocker
07-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah, there's a music video scheduled but there are some things that are changing so when they're actually going to be doing a video is up in the air.

terrasin
07-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, there's a music video scheduled but there are some things that are changing so when they're actually going to be doing a video is up in the air.
Was that just scheduled? When I talked to John last week about it he didn't know if they would even be doing one for the album.

CJ

benhail
07-30-2006, 09:23 PM
The song is short! But wait.... It's stuck in my head...... Born for now! Is that the first line of the chorus? That's what it sounded like anyways..... Good stuff, Skillet!!! Where's the heavy stuff!??!!?!??!?!?!??;D

skynes
07-31-2006, 12:48 AM
I heard Rebirthing on their Myspace...

I have one question.....

WHERE IS THE PRE-ORDER BUTTON!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Tanel
07-31-2006, 03:21 AM
WOW, this song was the most requested song this week on this radio and it was also the highest debut on #9 in the top 30

Mikhail
07-31-2006, 06:18 AM
10 minutes ago i read (on one of russian christian portal) that Rebirthing is not one single, (oh my englishhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/resent.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/cray.gif) and they will be promote 2 songs. Rebirthing and The Last Night. Did you know anything about The Last Night??

dawn of light
07-31-2006, 07:03 AM
WOW! I just listened to the 30 second clip at work (really quietly). AMAZING!! I friend of mine was in WV last week and saw the free concert with the 3 new songs...he said they were awesome! I'm gonna get some headphones and crank it up!

*listens to 30 clip over and over again*

Tanel
07-31-2006, 07:14 AM
10 minutes ago i read (on one of russian christian portal) that Rebirthing is not one single, (oh my englishhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/resent.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/cray.gif) and they will be promote 2 songs. Rebirthing and The Last Night. Did you know anything about The Last Night??

Nope, I haven't heard anything like that. But it might be that "The Last Night" will just serve as a follow up singel.

JohnnyRocker
07-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Was that just scheduled? When I talked to John last week about it he didn't know if they would even be doing one for the album.

CJ

Yeah, it was just scheduled. They kind of "found out" about it from their SRE, at least I think it was SRE...

terrasin
07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah, it was just scheduled. They kind of "found out" about it from their SRE, at least I think it was SRE...
AWESOME! I'm glad to hear it. They really needed a video to kick everything off. Now if we can just get TRL to play it. :\

CJ

JohnnyRocker
07-31-2006, 09:18 AM
You can hear a one minute and 30 second clip here now:
http://myspace.com/skilletmusic

TheFireBreathes
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Everyone just go to skillet's myspace. there's a short clip on there. I really love the beginning of the song. are those keys?

TheFireBreathes
07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
or, yeah. what he said^

terrasin
07-31-2006, 03:48 PM
I think this is one of the songs the orchestra worked on.

CJ

disciple
07-31-2006, 03:59 PM
I've already gotten somebody who messaged me over AIM asking for an MP3 of the song. It's like nobody cares to support the band anymore.

bballplaya4814
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
i would still like MP3's because i'm dying for new stuff, not because i don't support the band. I love the band, i'm buying Comatose the day it comes out. No doubt. just wanted to have it to listen to to hold me over until then thats all

terrasin
07-31-2006, 06:41 PM
The more people that have mp3's, the less requests there will be on the radio. So you're not supporting the band if you want to just be "held over". They need the requests on the radio stations, so get to it.

CJ

doormonkey
07-31-2006, 07:07 PM
pwnt by CJ. What are the release dates for real radio? I think I remember reading 14 Aug for Christian and 21 Aug for secular? But then I thought I read 1 Aug somewhere in this thread.

terrasin
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it's mainstream Aug 1st. I might be mistaken though.

CJ

bballplaya4814
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
i am, i'm requesting the crap out of it!

JohnnyRocker
07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, the strings on Rebirthing (and a few of the other songs on the album) are being played by members of the Los Angeles Symphony.

theelectric3
07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
^ and that's what flat out rocks. that it's a real Symphony playing.

Jordan, the song will be playing on the air. listen to a radio station that plays it and you'll get to hear it. :) see them live in concert and you'll get to hear it. :) Oct. 3 will be here before you know it.

for anyone to have an MP3 of the song now and distribute it is not fair to the band, IMO.

flame_boi
08-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah I love the Orchraster start to rebirthing it sounds amazing, im requesting it in Oz everywhere, Australia needs to hear Skillet ;D -flame_boi

Mikhail
08-01-2006, 02:32 AM
for anyone to have an MP3 of the song now and distribute it is not fair to the band, IMO.
Maybe you right, but for me... i don't know... in Russia people can't listen this song. On christianrock.net you need wait a long time, i can't wait, and many people can't wait too. I'am not trade this song. I give this song to all russian fans that i know. Soon you can listen this song on radio, but i CAN'T listen american radio. You can buy new cd and another cd's BUT I CAN'T buy new cd. For example, Collide (US) - 29$:o. I don't have this money. Skillet is not Papa Roach or Evanescence or Avril Lavigne... Licence cd's made in Russia ~ 7$. But Skillet aren't famous in Russia and big labels don't whant made Skillet cd's...
Sorry for Skillet, John Korey Lori and Ben - SORRY... sorry Alex... but i will download new cd from internet for free...

JohnnyRocker
08-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Well...they might be famous in Russia soon. :)

bballplaya4814
08-01-2006, 07:10 AM
thank you Mikhael exactly my point, i don't have time to listen to the radio all day for the song, plus i wanna make sure i'm gonna wanna buy this album, now Skillet is awesome, but let's just say Comatose absolutely sucked, i 100% doubt that it will but for hypothetical case, i would download it then i would see that it sucked and i wouldn't waste my money, i understand its not a good thing to do, but i don't wanna just waste money, i mean i'm sure it'll be the complete opposite with Skillet's new CD, but just hypothetically you know, that's why i normally download the CD before i buy it so i know i'm not wasting 15 bucks on something i'm just gonna end up selling for 3 or 4 later on. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. And no i'm not ripping off the band either, i'm gonna by their CD the minute it comes out (literally, i'll be at Meijers at midnight the day before:lick: )

-Jordan

dawn of light
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM
I don't think it would hurt the band to distribute an mp3 of the song. Not many people want to wait hours to listen to it on the radio and the more people who hear the mp3 and like it will want the cd. I'm not into downloading the entire cd, I will buy it the day it comes out. But I think it just gives people a little taste of what they're missing if you share the mp3, and then maybe they'll go buy the cd as well. It's not to rip off the band, it's to get the word out and "hold us over".

Mikhail
08-01-2006, 07:31 AM
i found Collide for 18$, but this is much for me too... And Skillet albums don't be in shop. They came from US for 1/2/3 month, after that i order it and pay the money... it's very long... I know that Comatose will be AWESOME. I KNOW THAT. And i want buy it. But i can't, because it not made in Russia, it made in US...
Well...they might be famous in Russia soon.
i hope for that::] ;D

terrasin
08-01-2006, 07:49 AM
All I'm really seeing here is excuses to justify downloading an mp3, none of which are acceptable. Unfortunately our society has become too fast paced and impatient and wants everything for nothing. What would happen if one of the band members strolls along on here and sees a bunch of people talking about downloading their song? No, it's not fair to them who have put all this hard work into getting an album out for their fans only to see their fans screw them.

They need the airplay to really make a hit on the radio. You're more likely going to request the song if you don't have an mp3 of it than you will if you do. Even people who claim they don't have the time, if you don't have the mp3, you will more than likely find the time to call the station to hear it.

CJ

bballplaya4814
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
i'm not making excuses, i guess you could say that i am, just to say, but i'm not...sorry i don't mean to be firm, its just what i do, even if i love the band i'm gonna download,and buy, if i hate em, i won't buy or download. But i love Skillet, so i'd like to download and buy. Cmon i got Collide (the second release) the day it came out!

disciple
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I have to agree with CJ. Maybe I'm deluded and I think people are indeed making excuses -- I am a person who doesn't believe one has little time to listen to the radio unless they hold multiple jobs and spend most of their day at work or something -- but it's always better to request it a LOT and listen to it on the radio.

I live in an area where there is no Christian Rock radio, so I just wait for my turn to hear the clip on MySpace ('cause I can't listen to 'Net Radio without my PC crumping up) and once I hear the clip, I just wait for the ablum, simple as that.

If I get lucky, maybe they'll play Skillet on the local Rock station, but I'm not crossing my fingers, seeing how the local station seems to enjoy playing emo or Korn (and the like) more lately than anything else.

kasicalover
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I agree that you shouldn't be trying to download mp3's of the song. Just wait, the cd will be out in 2 months anyways, which is not that long.

bballplaya4814
08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
alright fine, i guess i'm the only one that feels this way then

Mikhail
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
All I'm really seeing here is excuses to justify downloading an mp3, none of which are acceptable.
What do you mean? I apologised before the group because that is all I can do. What do you know of Russia? Exactly, nothing. Something that considered normal to you is not normal to us. You cannot understand me. If you can spend 20$ on a CD (if that is what they all cost), then I can't. And here they don't cost so much. I'll repeat myself, here you can buy a CD for 7$, though since the album is new it may cost more. It is absolutely a license. Skillet is my favorite group in the world (I'm not joking) and if their albums were published in Russia, I would have bought all 6 along with the DVD and I would definately buy their new album. But they are not published in Russia. And I'm not goin to buy it from America for 20$, and as a new album it may cost more, and wait for 1/2/3 months before it finaly comes. I think you too wouldn't have done so. I don't want to argue with you, because whatever I say you won't understand me or would not want to. And, if you noticed, I did not apologize for downloading Rebirthing, because I did not download it from anyone...

(i ask my friend, and she help me with translating)

And about Rebirthing... I request it every day8)

Tanel
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
For example in Estonia it's not illegal to download music (I'm sure it's the same in Russia)

Mikhail
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
For example in Estonia it's not illegal to download music (I'm sure it's the same in Russia)
Yes, you are right. For example
www.delit.ru
i can download from there 2 songs in 24hours (for free)...

doormonkey
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
So umm...I'm pretty sure the debate about downloading music has other places on these boards. Anyone have a good list of places where we can request Rebirthing?

kyle
08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Wooooooooooooo!!!

kasicalover
08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
What do you mean? I apologised before the group because that is all I can do. What do you know of Russia? Exactly, nothing. Something that considered normal to you is not normal to us. You cannot understand me. If you can spend 20$ on a CD (if that is what they all cost), then I can't. And here they don't cost so much. I'll repeat myself, here you can buy a CD for 7$, though since the album is new it may cost more. It is absolutely a license. Skillet is my favorite group in the world (I'm not joking) and if their albums were published in Russia, I would have bought all 6 along with the DVD and I would definately buy their new album. But they are not published in Russia. And I'm not goin to buy it from America for 20$, and as a new album it may cost more, and wait for 1/2/3 months before it finaly comes. I think you too wouldn't have done so. I don't want to argue with you, because whatever I say you won't understand me or would not want to. And, if you noticed, I did not apologize for downloading Rebirthing, because I did not download it from anyone...

(i ask my friend, and she help me with translating)

And about Rebirthing... I request it every day8)

I wasn't directing my commet towards you, I understand the issue of availability.

go_home_red
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Not that an internet "radio station" is any kind of benchmark, but somehow "Rebirthing" debuted at #9 on christianrock.net's top 30 list. I say "somehow," because--in spite of my most sincere efforts--I have only heard it twice there.

Debuting at #9 on a top 30 is just sick. Of course, I won't be happy unless "Rebirthing" is #1 and the next closest song is at #5.

Tanel
08-03-2006, 06:08 AM
You Can request it from here as well http://radiou.com/request.htm

theelectric3
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
nice. thanks for the link. :)

doormonkey
08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
So I heard the clip for the first time today...I must say...
AMAZING!!! Wow, it rocks! Good job, Skillet.

timmyrotter
08-05-2006, 06:12 PM
its on thier myspace, at least 1.5 mins of it

Divine Mystery
08-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Fiddlesticks...

I'm beginning to either loathe dialup, or the sudden demand in popular culture to have broadband.

I haven't even heard the clip yet. :(

timmyrotter
08-06-2006, 03:04 AM
well for what its worth, not much really, but Rebirthing was the highest debut i have seen on Christianrock.net. number 9 in the first week! good job requesting!

timmyrotter
08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
okay Rebirthing has been released to Christian rock radio format. which almost completely means it will not be released to secular radio. so Whispers it is.
http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Christ_Rock_Chart.asp

doormonkey
08-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Umm...why? They released Savior to both Christian and secular...and everything we've heard from the band and from those who know them (i.e., JohnnyRocker, CJ, and Oats) indicates that Rebirthing is gonna be the first for both secular and Christian.

timmyrotter
08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
savior was released to both, true. but at different times, it was released to christian radio on the ardent release. then to secular on the lava release. 2 different times... we'll see guys. beyond the black and white. the gray could be that Rebirthing does get released to secular radio, and then Whispers again while Rebirthing is still getting played. some labels will do that. but its unlikely. Lava will try to make a big bang with one single im sure.

Arafax
08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
I heard from somebody else that 'Whispers' will be their single rather than 'Rebirthing', for the mainstream anyway. I am unsure why. Who knows? I have not heard any official word yet, but the word on the street is that there is a single switch to occur.

EDIT: Oh look, there is a topic about this already! The speculation still rages on....

timmyrotter
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
there ya'll go

will
08-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I have just three words to say about downloading Skillet's music... "Don't Be Naughty! (http://media.panheads.org/video/dont-be-naughty.mov)"

http://media.panheads.org/images/dont-be-naughty.jpg

skilletfreak101
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
skillet's new song is pretty cool. it may be just me, but the recording sounds a little processed (i heard the whole song on this radio station i listen to), but live they play it reallly well.

doormonkey
08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Here we go...I knew I saw it somewhere...
The lead single “Rebirthing,” the first single for both Mainstream and Active Rock (8.21) and Christian CHR and Rock radio (8.14) formats, is a complex but accessible...
From the official press release (http://www.skillet.com/news/comatose/).
Sounds pretty official to me. Though I suppose plans can and do change.

disciple
08-06-2006, 06:54 PM
The clip on MySpace finally started cooperating with me, and I got a chance to hear it. Cool stuff, "can't wait" for the ablum.

timmyrotter
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
the link i left on the Whispers thread shows songs to be released to radio. if a song isnt on there it means the radio industry doesnt have the knowledge of that song set to be released on that format.

timmyrotter
08-07-2006, 06:56 AM
rebrthing made it to #4 on the christianrock.net chart.

zeroneff
08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
wow Go skillet

Lets make them #1

PC3RESG
08-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Rebirthing is now available for download off of ITunes...flippin sweet!

timmyrotter
08-08-2006, 10:01 AM
i bought rebirthing, first time LEGALLY downloading music, i also got radio edit version of savior. its cool

timmyrotter
08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
well i tlaked to oats, and he said Whispers is indeed the first mainstream single. rebirthing was, but then they changed it.

bob
08-08-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm going to buy it off of iTunes hopefully, I need to find someone with a credit card first. :P

zeroneff
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Or you call got to wall mart and buy a Itunes card

timmyrotter
08-08-2006, 02:26 PM
debit works too

doormonkey
08-08-2006, 03:07 PM
REBIRTHING ON ITUNES!?!?!?!?!
yessssss!

skilletgirl
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
yeah I'm a little late in the thread (infact its been sooo long since I been here at the boards) I just heard rebirthing a few days ago. I am impressed. I remember back when we all made suggestions or guesses on thier sound for comatose.. I suggested orchestral or violin inspired rock.. HOLY COW! Its really what they are doing! lol.. I think if rebirthing is a taste of thier new albums sound... then it will blow collide away LOL..

timmyrotter
08-09-2006, 11:05 AM
since rebirthing has been on itunes, it went from a populatirty of 2 bars, to all the way full, which is like 30!

Unregistered
08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
for all yall that dont completely wal-mart (or are just cheep scapes), the wal-mart music store has rebirthing for 88c

zeroneff
08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
with wall mart you can also buy a gift card and pay with the gift card

"FYI" you cant get a gift card for less than $5"

timmyrotter
08-11-2006, 10:06 PM
well walmart is the antichrist so your pick

Skilletlover44
08-12-2006, 07:52 AM
It is now on thier myspace page, but its only the chorus.

Tanel
08-16-2006, 02:19 AM
This song is now #3 on this station.

dawn of light
08-16-2006, 05:39 AM
I finally got this song from itunes. It's awesome! I listened to it about 5 times in a row.

Unregistered
08-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I just got it off iTuned too! Is anyone working on a bass tab for it? I got the verse down but not the rest.

timmyrotter
08-16-2006, 07:54 PM
this is strange the last 3 weeks at radio and records its showed skilet get many adds, but hasnt showed them getting played... must be an error, this is for christian rock by the way

SaintMediocre
08-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I just got it off iTuned too! Is anyone working on a bass tab for it? I got the verse down but not the rest.

I did a complete tab of everything about a week and a half ago.
You can find it here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/skillet/rebirthing_power_tab.htm

I've noticed some subtle parts since then that I left out, along with some parts I may have gotten wrong on the first go-around. I will probably get around to completing it when I get the CD.
You need Powertab to view this, but trust me it's worth it.
http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

timmyrotter
08-18-2006, 05:02 PM
im working on getting Rebirthing on Air1. ive talked to some people there, and they are gonna talk to the programming dept. this would be big!

planet_kosmos
08-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Ohh, good work Timmy!

JohnnyRocker
08-19-2006, 09:37 AM
It hasn't been getting lots of actual spins yet because they released it to radio but haven't actually been "Going For Adds" yet. I think it is this week though.

timmyrotter
08-19-2006, 01:17 PM
thats what i thought

go_home_red
08-19-2006, 02:39 PM
It hasn't been getting lots of actual spins yet because they released it to radio but haven't actually been "Going For Adds" yet. I think it is this week though.

I want that to be the case. I want to believe that's the case. But I could have sworn...

timmyrotter
08-20-2006, 12:31 PM
rebirthing wont be going for adds till this tuesday, but its already been added to some 15+ stations

go_home_red
08-20-2006, 02:55 PM
That's a relief.

Tanel
08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
By the way Rebirthing is #1 this week on that radiostation!

zeroneff
08-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#1 #1 Go skillet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.christianrock.net/charts.asp?userid=

Morwen
08-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I downloaded the single from iTunes yesterday--I'm on my 27th listen to it. XD Yes, 27th. In a word, I LOVE it. (I probably should be careful, though, I'll probably get tired of it by the time the CD comes out....XD)

I've asked my local christian radio station to concider playing the single when it comes out. I hope they do. They have a tendancy to play 'lighter' rock on their station--for example, they play "A Little More" constantly, but basically the only really 'hard' skillet song they play is Savior--and even that one has the rock guitars replaced with strings and acoustic guitar. ^^; But, they have been playing stuff like 'You decide' and 'All Around Me" lately, so i'm hoping that's showing that they're playing more rock...

DarkestRose
08-22-2006, 07:25 AM
I like the acoustic version of "Savior." Still, yeah, I see your point. Most of the radio stations I get only play the softer Skillet songs.

JohnnyRocker
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
They're probably Christian CHR stations and not Christian Rock stations.

DarkestRose
08-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Probably. I mean, I KNOW they're not Christian rock stations, hence the lack of rock.

timmyrotter
08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
ha, the acoustic version... its not really acoustic, at least i dont think. they basically toned down the guitars. and i think the drum beat is different

timmyrotter
08-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Rebirthing last week on radio.

202 plays, +85 plays from the week before, passed Pillars new single, +7 adds to stations. which bring it to 20+ stations. *Note this is Christian rock format*

Big news as well!!! Rebirthing got 4 adds on Chistian CHR format. great publicity, i think one add was Air1

terrasin
08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Which version are they playing on Air1?

CJ

JohnnyRocker
08-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Probably the "toned down" version, cause CHR won't play the Rock.

terrasin
08-23-2006, 10:50 PM
At least the CCM version isn't really all that toned down like Savior was. *gag*

CJ

timmyrotter
08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
they have a toned down version on Rebirthing?

timmyrotter
08-24-2006, 06:41 AM
oh and i know the DJ's at Air1 try and play the harder version if they have it. they did it for savior when they could. if they can play Red-Breath into me, then they can play rebirthing.

terrasin
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes, it's basically the same version, but the strings are more pronounced and they took Ben's solo out. Not like Savior where they tried to make it all techno *shiver*

CJ

disciple
08-24-2006, 01:21 PM
ROFL. Emphasis on "tried". :P

DarkestRose
08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
when did they try to make it all techno?

JohnnyRocker
08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
They took his solo out? That sucks... I haven't even heard the different mix of Rebirthing yet. I don't even think Ben has, haha...

Tanel
08-24-2006, 03:05 PM
The lyrics for Rebirthing are on christianrocklyrics.com now

http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/skillet/rebirthing.php

terrasin
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Wow, I was way off on Korey's part.

CJ

disciple
08-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I had no idea what the lyrics (besides the first paragraph) where, so at least I wasn't wrong. :D

theelectric3
08-25-2006, 01:04 PM
ok, i thought she was singing "Come Alive"... cool. thanks for sharing the link. :)

zeroneff
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow those lyrics are strong

zeroneff
08-25-2006, 06:50 PM
sorry for duble posting but yall need to go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs9dfQZirM

theelectric3
08-27-2006, 11:29 AM
useless info: i was there. ^

good show.

amodman
08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
1. I strongly dislike iTunes.

2. I hate aac format.

3. I downloaded iTunes and made an account just to buy this song in wretched aac.

planet_kosmos
08-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Question -
Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love

Why does it say me in that part of the song? That stumped me unless it is not written from a persons perspective? Thanks

terrasin
08-30-2006, 02:39 AM
1. I strongly dislike iTunes.

2. I hate aac format.

3. I downloaded iTunes and made an account just to buy this song in wretched aac.
I burned it to CD and reripped it to MP3. I hate aac and all their other security laced files too.

CJ

zeroneff
08-30-2006, 04:25 AM
Down with itunes!!!!!;D ;)

dawn of light
08-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Question -
Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love

Why does it say me in that part of the song? That stumped me unless it is not written from a persons perspective? Thanks

I wondered about that part too. It seems like the song was written to God does it not? But I also thought that two lines in the chorus fit perfectly if someone is also singing to their spouse.

I wanna live for love

and

I wanna live my life

I think that part of the song is really sweet because I imagine John singing to Korey "I wanna live for you and me (us)" and "I wanna give you everything", while they are both singing to God.

I could be totally wrong though, that's just what I like to think about that line "wanna live for you and me".

skilletosis
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Wanna live for you and me.

To me this is speaking of the relationship between God and me. Not just living for me anymore. But living in communion with God.

timmyrotter
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
i heard John was singing about his pet naked mole rat he had as a child.

Mikhail
08-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Yahhooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://forum.dimple.ru/images/smilies/sm1/g_clap.gifhttp://forum.dimple.ru/images/smilies/sm1/ar.gif
At last yesterday I have heard Rebirthing on FM RadioUltra (Moscow FM Radio station). Now this song plays there every day.http://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/punk.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/punk.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/punk.gif

Link
08-30-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.atlanticrecords.com/skillet/

Have you guys seen this? New song there. plus full rebirthing

terrasin
08-31-2006, 03:12 AM
YAY! They added The Last Night! :D

CJ

dawn of light
08-31-2006, 05:57 AM
:o Powerful awesome song. Korey's singing is so beautiful, I'm really glad she's on this album!

unshakeable15
08-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Finally! i can hear the songs! i haven't had the chance until now, and good clips too! :D

timmyrotter
08-31-2006, 12:40 PM
so awesome! this one will be a mainstream hit!!!

zeroneff
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I love last night I think it will be a music video

Tanel
08-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Full Rebirthing and Whispers are now on their purevolume site

http://www.purevolume.com/skillet

Mikhail
08-31-2006, 02:01 PM
The Last Night is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Mikhail
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM

I can tell only one - one more AWESOME song!!!!

zeroneff
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Whispers was the played on the video!!!!!!!

timmyrotter
08-31-2006, 02:34 PM
wow! i cant stop smiling! whispers is better than rebirthing!!! i cant wait till this #1 on active rock

DustinRocks
08-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I havent liked an album in so long I'm stoked.

SaintMediocre
08-31-2006, 02:46 PM
I love The Last Night... great ballad.

And Whispers is just plain sick. Awesome guitar work. This album is gonna be awesome.

doormonkey
08-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Rock My Face Off!!!!

SaintMediocre
08-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Whispers was the played on the video!!!!!!!

Yeah. Except the final version of Whispers is a little faster in tempo and has a different chorus and main riff than the demo played on the video. I love the final version of Whispers, but it also upsets me a bit, because I absolutely loved the chorus part of the video demo too. Maybe they wrote that part into another song. Who knows.

404not_found
08-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Oo wow, I love the Last Night! So awesome!

*Listens to whispers now*

Oh wow.. not sure which one I like better. Both are fricken awesome though. The CD needs to hurry up and come out NOW!!

zeroneff
08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Wow thats all ive been lintening to all day!!!!!!!!!!

Skillet Rocks

Gogan
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
hey do any of you want to hear the song Whispers? It was posted in a link on myspace a few hours ago.

Gogan
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
oops nvm its alread yposted, ahha sorry guys im new

timmyrotter
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
nice to see you on here Gogan, (im the one who gave you the link)

dawn of light
09-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Wow I love all three songs! I really can't decide which I like best. I think I like either Rebirthing or The Last Night the best so far. Whispers is awesome too but I think that it's slightly too repetitive to listen to on repeat for 20 minutes. (which I did with Rebirthing and The Last Night and haven't gotten sick of them.) I really like Whispers though because it's heavier than the other two.

theelectric3
09-01-2006, 01:22 PM
wow... so great.

i really like "Last Night."

timmyrotter
09-01-2006, 01:55 PM
yours to hold is so awesome!

SaintMediocre
09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
yours to hold is so awesome!

Where do you hear Yours to Hold?

timmyrotter
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
when jesusfreakhideout released all the song clips for a day a few weeks ago. then they had to take em down. but i downloaded them before they took em down.

SaintMediocre
09-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh, I thought you had found the full version or something.

Paulishdog
09-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I know the Whispers lyrics are on another thread... but I thought I'd post what I thought they were here. I don't have all of The Last Night down thanks to the quality on Atlantic's site. Feel free to help me out.

Whispers

Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses
(x2)

I'll be the one that's gonna hold you
I'll be the one that you'll run to
My love is a burning
Consuming fire

Chorus:
Now you'll never be alone
When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars
Hear the whispers in the dark
Now you'll never be alone
When darkness comes you know I'll never fall
With the whispers in the dark

Whispers in the dark (dark)

You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here broken and naked
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

I'll be the on that's gonna find you
I will be the one that's gonna guide you
My love is a burning
Consuming fire

Chorus

Whispers in the dark

The Last Night

You come to me with scars on your wrist
You tell me this will be the last night feeling like this

"Just came to say goodbye
Didn't want you to see me cry
I'm fine"

But I know it's a lie

Chorus:
This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere
You want me to be
The last night you'll spend alone
I'll wrap you in* my arms and I won't let go
I'm everything
You need me to be

Your parents say everything is your fault
But they don't know you like I know you
They don't know you at all

"I'm so sick of when the say
'It's just a phase you'll be okay
You're fine' "

But I know it's a lie

Chorus

Last night away from me

The night is so long when
Everything's wrong
If you give me your hand
I'll help you hold on
Tonight
Tonight

Chorus

I won't let you say goodbye
And I'll be your reason why
The last night
Away from me
Away from me

*sometimes sounds more like "with"

Arafax
09-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Wow, my face is rawked off again!! Man Skillet, you just never fail!!

I just listened to 'Whispers' on their purevolume page, and man, that song rawked like no other!! Man!! I don't know how to relay how much I love Skillet right now!! Every song I have heard from this album is beyond amazing.

What I find REALLY interesting is that Skillet is EXACTLY the style I wanted my band Arafax to be. I always wanted/tryed to incorporate some piano and strings and such into my tunes, I have so many in the works it is crazy, but man, Skillet just blows it all up!! It is that heavy guitaring that I just am having a hard time getting. I always tend to go soft.....oh well!

What a band! They rawk!!!

404not_found
09-01-2006, 07:18 PM
(Goodbye is alone?) when
Everything's falling

Everything's fallin....

riz
09-01-2006, 08:33 PM
The Last Night is simply the best one of the three so far. Highly enjoyed it.

planet_kosmos
09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
The Last Night is simply the best one of the three so far. Highly enjoyed it.
Definately.

Paulishdog
09-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Everything's fallin....

Good ears!

SaintMediocre
09-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Everything's wrong, If

http://www.musicfaith.com/profiles/songlyrics/Skillet
-Comatose lyrics

terrasin
09-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Nice find, Saint. Thanks. :)

CJ

Paulishdog
09-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I must have listened to that song six times in a row just for those two lines... but I couldn't get them.

Tanel
09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Everything's wrong, If

http://www.musicfaith.com/profiles/songlyrics/Skillet
-Comatose lyrics

Hey thanks! That's great! Now I can read the lyrics for "Whispers" as well. :)

unshakeable15
09-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Those who say "Last Night" is the best of the three so far are on the money. All others are wrong.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, so go right ahead believing what you will. ;)

SaintMediocre
09-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I can't decide between Last Night and Whispers. Both are as close as I think anyone will ever get to musical perfection.

undecided
09-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh my goodness...they are amazing songs. They getter better and better every album. I cant wait till the CD comes out. Thanks guys for those links to listen to the songs.
God Bless
Isaiah 41:13

skelfy
09-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I listened to Rebirthing a lot after buying it on iTunes...now I listen to Whispers and The Last Night more, though I listen to Whispers a bit more than TLN.

fang
09-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow, I finally got to hear Whispers today so now I've heard all 3 and all I can say is that October 3rd can't come fast enough!

timmyrotter
09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
when is that pre-ordered streaming audio gonna be available?

timmyrotter
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
i was looking at Christianrock.net and saw that Rebirthing is already the most requested of 2006, its been out a month, we are in the 9th month of the year. it beat out songs that have been up since january! someone could have a baby in the time! requesting panheads rock!

theelectric3
09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
yeah, that's so awesome!

neb0789
09-06-2006, 08:22 PM
i have to say that is absolutely amazing! being the most requested of 2006 is great, but it is only 48th on the top 100 of 2006. Though I am sure it will move up considerably before the year is through. keep the requesting going!!!

Tanel
09-07-2006, 05:14 AM
Yeah! And Skillet will have to become the most requested band as well! At the moment they are #4

Luke_USA
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM

Excellent stuff! The flow of those two songs, especially the guitar riffs on Whispers, is perfect!

Tanel
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey vote for "Rebirthing" on radiou Ten Most Wanted! It used to be #1, but now Pillar has token over.

http://tvulive.com/radiou/tmw.htm

timmyrotter
09-14-2006, 06:56 AM
#5 on christian rock format. with 278 plays. #30 on Christian CHR, with 297 plays.

neb0789
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey, Rebirthing is still the most requested of 2006, and still holds the top spot for "top 30 of week", 5 weeks straight!!! And now Skillet has moved up to #3 in the most requested artist category at christianrock.net

way to go! keep requesting!!!

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah. I've been voting. Just gotta keep reminding myself.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
up to #3!!!

neb0789
09-23-2006, 08:56 AM
rebirthing has moved up to #34 on the top 100 of 2006, keep requesting!

neb0789
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
New update from christianrock.net! Rebirthing is #1 for 6 weeks in a row. No other band has been able to make it 7 in a row this year yet. Lets have skillet do it first!

Rebirthing is still the most requested song of 2006 and Skillet has moved up to the 2nd spot as most requested band of 2006. And rebirthing has moved up a few more spots and is 29th on the top 100 of 2006.

Way to go panheads! Keep requesting!

timmyrotter
09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Rebithing debute on christian CHR at #30 with 327 plays

Tanel
09-27-2006, 03:45 PM
And #1 on christian rock charts

Tanel
10-03-2006, 05:25 AM
New update from christianrock.net! Rebirthing is #1 for 6 weeks in a row. No other band has been able to make it 7 in a row this year yet. Lets have skillet do it first!

And they did it!

Tanel
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Rebirthing is #1 for second week on R&R christian rock charts and #24 on CHR chart.

Luke_USA
10-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Question: has anyone heard this song yet on AirOne? They're usually good about playing Skillet stuff, but right now it seems like they're playing the same stuff over and over again, not to mention their current money-begging - ahem, pledge drive ;) - campaign. ::]

DarkestRose
10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Question: has anyone heard this song yet on AirOne? They're usually good about playing Skillet stuff, but right now it seems like they're playing the same stuff over and over again, not to mention their current money-begging - ahem, pledge drive ;) - campaign. ::]

Once last month I heard them playing "Savior". Other than that, no. I gave up listening to Air1 because they have been playing so much of the mellower contemporary stuff.

Tanel
10-10-2006, 07:38 AM
And on CR.net they are #1 yet another week!

jade
10-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think Air1 picked up Rebirthing. :/

I have given up on that station long ago.

Luke_USA
10-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think Air1 picked up Rebirthing. :/

Which is ridiculous. Not long ago they used to play a whole bunch of their songs, but it seems like they are playing the same stuff repeatedly these days, not to mention promoting "new" albums that have been out for several months.
Thankfully, though, with this area being the "Bible Belt" I have a couple of different Christian music stations to listen to.

Tanel
10-11-2006, 06:37 AM
The video for Rebirthing is now up on tvulive, vote for it!

http://tvulive.com/tmw.htm

Audio-Slave
10-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I love it! I'm getting the new album very soon! and I'm promoting them every site I go. They deffidently deserve more attention.

Tanel
10-15-2006, 09:08 AM
And Skillet is now #1 most requested artist on CR.net http://www.christianrock.net/

neb0789
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
For everyone interested, here's a full update from cr.net

Rebirthing is #1 for 9 weeks strong!!!
Rebirthing is still the most requested song this week, as well as being the #1 most requested song this year!
Rebirthing is #15 on the top 100 of 2006, and still moving up!
And thank you Tanel for letting us know Skillet is the most requested artist on christianrock.net!

Keep requesting everyone, and make sure you request rebirthing and/or whispers at your local radio stations!

timmyrotter
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
this week, still at #1 on christian rock charts. and moved up to #20 on the CHR.

Paulishdog
10-18-2006, 05:21 AM
If Rebirthing is the most requested song of the year, and number one song for the longest, why is it only fifteen on the year? What other criteria determine where it falls on that list?

Tanel
10-18-2006, 08:39 AM
The deal is that it has been on the chart for only 12 weeks ;) I would be really suprised if they would make it to #1 overall this year, or rather, it would be pretty much impossible.

timmyrotter
10-18-2006, 09:37 AM
wehn i say christian rock charts. i mean christian rock radio. not christianrock.net. so i meant that it was the mmost played chrtistian rock song of the week!

Tanel
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
But Paulishdog, asked about CR.net radio

Tanel
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
By the way, vote on radiou as well! http://tvulive.com/radiou/tmw.htm

Tanel
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM
and it's #1 for 10th week on CR.net

neb0789
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
i think that that is an all time record for CR.net, for however many years they've been going! rock on skillet!!

Tanel
10-26-2006, 06:26 AM
Yep! And on R&R christian rock chart they are yet again #1, I think it's their third week strait. And on R&R CHR chart they rose to #19 spot.

timmyrotter
10-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Rebirthing has been #1 on the christian rock charts for at least 5 weeks actually, but i think its 6 or 7. and it also increased to 420 plays last week, which is really good considering ive been watching these charts for 3 years and havent seen ANY son break 400 plays in a week on that chart.

neb0789
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
awesome! what is the site that you get this information from?

Tanel
10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.radioandrecords.com/radiomonitor/charts/chart_index.jsp

Tanel
10-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Now this week Rebirthing will probably fall from the #1 spot on CR.net

timmyrotter
10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
not that cr.net matters for anything, why would Rebirthing fall? its still the most requested of the week

Tanel
10-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes! But they don't have enough plays and besides, they ain't gonna stay #1 most requested forever. I'm not saying that Skillet will fall 100%, but it's vary unlikely for them to be #1 yet another week. And by the way, CR.net is an internationally listened station that has more effect on audiance who don't live in US than R&R charts.

Tanel
10-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Well, I guess I was wrong

timmyrotter
10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
id be lying if i said i hate to say a told you so... but you can look at the most requested of the week at anytime. skillet was all week, so i didnt see why they wouldnt be #1.

as for cr.net be internationally known, i dont know if that is true, im almost positive its largest fanbase is in the US. while it is accessible for people outside the US doesnt mean they listen to it. but before we argue this point we would have to see ratings.

R&R is an affiliate of Nielsen Soundscan (Billboard) it does the weekly ratings charts for Billboard, in the US and Canada. billboard makes charts for several countries, many European and others. so a lot of countries outside the US have Christian music, and charts. so im not sure where you were going with that.

neb0789
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
11 straight weeks at #1 on CR.net... impressive!