pizza brain
08-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I was wondering about writers block the other day. How does it start? What trigers it? is it the same for all people? I know I get writers block whenever I'm not depresed :( How about you all?

disciple
08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure.

It usually comes to me when I have too much on my mind already, or things that I need to sort out.

Undomiel
08-05-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah same here. i get it alot 'cause i'm always thinking bout weird stuff.

TheFireBreathes
08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
What is writers block?

pizza brain
08-08-2006, 07:19 AM
It's basicaly when a writer can't think of anything to write it's a pain in the butt >:(

TheFireBreathes
08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh yeah. Gotcha. I get that when I have to many ideas in my head and I'm just overwhelmed.

disciple
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Whoa, wait... you didn't know what writer's block is? o_O'

Oy.

dawn of light
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm not a writer but I do know that "writing" and "thinking" come from two different parts of the brain. So sometimes when you're thinking too hard you won't be able to write because you're using the wrong part of your brain. You just have to start writing and stop thinking so much. (I don't write, but it helped when I was in high school and had to write a paper. Hopefully it'll work the same way, now that I'm starting university).

NightCrawler
08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I notice that I grow more creative, delusional and abstract when I put a ton of power into thinking over a long period, or if I am under some considerable stress emotionally.

drumchick101
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
For me, it breaks when I stop trying to make sense of everything. I just need to splat everything on the paper/computer screen and then fix it later.

EDIT: Oh ya, and one more important thing, it especially breaks when I stop tyring to make it good, like I have anyone to impress but God.

><sarah><

alorian
08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't get writer's block. If I can't think of something to write, then I don't think about it. Sometimes what I write turns out to be utter crap, but if my writing is going that way, if I care about what I'm writing then I'll start writing something else till my writing improves enough to go on.

unshakeable15
08-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Something my creative writing teacher said a year and a half ago was that you should write into the heat of the moment, then stop. Don't stop when things aren't coming any longer. Don't stop when you hit the road block of writer's block. Stop when you know you can write another 100 words, so when you come back later, you can write those 100 words and more because you've had a rest.