flame_boi
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey eveyone thought I would start a New skillet video thread, ideas on what it could be what song they would ect-Flame_boy;D

Unregistered
08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Ah, you got my hopes up. I thought Skillet had a new video clip out (Like week 4 part 3 or whatever its supposed to be), got all excited and went to their my space and found nothing. Came back and actually read your message... -_-

planet_kosmos
08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
You got me excited from the title :'(

zeroneff
08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I think they are going to do rebirth... Why? Well It's #9 CR.net And they need something popullar.......

unshakeable15
08-10-2006, 08:21 AM
An Aside: i changed the title to better reflect the topic of the thread. So people don't get their hopes up for no reason.

zeroneff
08-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Well i hope it's more like "best kept secret"
But darker.......

terrasin
08-10-2006, 08:50 AM
I'd like to see it actually have something to do with the song.

CJ

timmyrotter
08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Well i hope it's more like "best kept secret"
But darker.......
okay, best kept secret was a terrible video. i doubt they will do it for rebirth, im leaning towars Whispers, cause its mainstream and it will get more hype. and Cr.net charts mean nothing, there is probably a couple houndred people on that site.

bob
08-10-2006, 08:54 AM

CJ

So more along the lines of the Alien Youth music video? :P

Seriously, Skillet has yet to make a music video actually about the song, so that'd be cool.

timmyrotter
08-10-2006, 09:00 AM
like i said in another thread, rebirthing, coming out of coffins... there is an idea. but i dont think they will do a vid for rebirthing.

bob
08-10-2006, 09:04 AM
It's kind of hard for me to try and say which song they'll do a video for considering that all I've heard of the new album is the clip on the myspace . . .

timmyrotter
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
its probably on limewire or .torrents, im gonna check, but dont pirate it.
edit: its not anywhere ive checked.

bob
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't pirate music, plus, Alex told me not to. :P

SaintMediocre
08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I just hope the music video is half decent for this album.

The one for Savior made no sense. They're like rockin' out in a living room. Then there is random shots of some family, and then they're playing outside in front of a playground decorated with Christmas lights. ???

The Alien Youth video was just laughable, probably the worst music video I've seen from any artist. It was poorly green-screened, the actions of the band didn't match what was happening in the song sometimes, and then there are like random shots of John's mouth seperate from his eye on a giant screen that creeped me out.

The Best Kept secret video was done decently, but they tried too hard to be techno-futuristic, so it looked like a low-budget sci-fi movie.

Saturn and More Faithful were in my opinion the only good videos they made.

404not_found
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
The last half of that trailer for the movie "The Fountain" (trailer, not teaser) always reminds me of their song Rebirthing. They should do something like that for the video :D

unshakeable15
08-11-2006, 11:41 AM
The one for Savior made no sense. They're like rockin' out in a living room. Then there is random shots of some family, and then they're playing outside in front of a playground decorated with Christmas lights. ???
It made sense, especially when compared with a lot of other "popular" music videos. For example, Beck's vids rarely make sense.

The mom at the end of the vid was the two kids' savior. That playground was the place they "went" to get away from dad. The Christmas lights was to further let you know that it wasn't a real place, only imaginary. And Skillet playing in random places? That's music video norm. Roofs, playgrounds, beaches, boats, skydiving... it's all been done.

zeroneff
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Well um well lets wait till the new song comes on to know what to expect...

"'Best kept secret' was not that bad"

dawn of light
08-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I liked the Saviour video. But the theme of the video would have fit better with Open Wounds.

I'm no expert at mucis videos but I would imagine that it would be really hard to do unless the song was part of a story.

I'm everything you've wanted
I am the one whose haunting you
I am the eyes inside of you, stare back at you
There's nothing left to lose
There's nothing left to prove
Surrender your love, it's all you can do

Lyrics like these are probably really hard to portray in a video. Skillet lyrics are most commonly worship to God (which is why I love them), not something that's easy to put in a music video.

zeroneff
08-11-2006, 01:51 PM
o.k I just had this crazy Idea what if they put out more than one music video

terrasin
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
The idea behind BKS was pretty cool. He was watching a little too much of the X-Files though. ;)

CJ