NightCrawler
08-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah, so Seth and maybe some others know about this girl I liked. Anyway, I have this terrible sinking feeling, almost a depression, over something really common: I can't be with her, God has made it clear -- despite how much Sarah says she is interested.

Anyway, tears last night. Literally.

dawn of light
08-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Awe, sorry to hear that. That can be so hard especially if you really like her and want to be with her. It not feel like it right now, but be encouraged that there is someone out there for you, someone that God knows you're going to marry and will give you His blessings on your relationship.

NightCrawler
08-14-2006, 08:17 AM
The thing is, I am not worried. Just really bothers me because I have been attached to her.

Example: laying down somewhere, imagining she is there, then realizing she isn't there for me to hold. Maddening.

But now it is like cutting off your arm and burning it, rather than losing an arm and wanting it to sew it back on. bad analogy?

weebird20
08-14-2006, 09:49 AM
the heart is a very delicate...we need to be sooo careful who we allow to touch it...i feel for you Jonathan...

Proverbs 4:23 "Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life."

disciple
08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
So, after much prayer, you feel God is telling you that the two of you aren't meant to be? Weird... I don't know what to say.

I get that feeling a lot, though I'm not in the situation you're in (where there's an actual potential for a relationship, and there's two-way attraction, etc.)

I dunno what to say. *shrug* If you're sure God's telling you that... either way, I'll be praying for you two. I, unfortunately, would be unable to accept that in your position. I'm a hardhead like that.

alorian
08-14-2006, 10:52 PM
You already know I'm praying.

timmyrotter
08-15-2006, 11:19 AM
trust me man, it will get easier. i dated a girl for 2 years, we were so close, we built our lives around each other, and that was one of the problems. but when we broke up, i just wanted to die! companionship is what human strive for, and when we lose someone so close, its like a piece of you is ripped out. but time will bring healing! it will keep gettign easier, just make sure to stick with your decision though!

as~i~lay~dying
08-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Props for actually going with what God has to say and not just doing what YOU want ... I am not that strong ...

NightCrawler
08-18-2006, 02:37 PM
So, after much prayer, you feel God is telling you that the two of you aren't meant to be? Weird... I don't know what to say.

I get that feeling a lot, though I'm not in the situation you're in (where there's an actual potential for a relationship, and there's two-way attraction, etc.)

I dunno what to say. *shrug* If you're sure God's telling you that... either way, I'll be praying for you two. I, unfortunately, would be unable to accept that in your position. I'm a hardhead like that.

Well really it is just "as it stands both of us have to grow up"...

disciple
08-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Well really it is just "as it stands both of us have to grow up"...
That I definitely understand... "Love is patient..." you know the rest. :P

Grunge=Fun
09-14-2006, 08:11 PM
interesting enough jonathan... my name is jonathan also... and i had problems with a certain girl named sarah as well... interesting. i tried dating her and it just didnt work out. we had been friends for a while and such and we were still friends after we broke up for a while. i got very attached to her, but in my situation it was just driving me insane that i couldnt be with her. idk man, you just have to put your trust in God and move in with your life :-/

NightCrawler
09-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Jonathan:
Heh, and grunge is fun too. Another similarity.

Update:
She's in France and I haven't seen her or talked with her on the phone in 3 weeks last tuesday. I have gotten a huge sense of peace over the entire situation, and I am very ready to accept whatever God wants. I can see that the situation is still complicated, but everything is dorment... ready to erupt when she gets back and meets her friends.

lamb_servant72
09-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Do you think it's possible that maybe you two can't be together right now (maybe God wants to teach you both some things and you need no distractions, or maybe it's just to teach you to put Him first and rely on Him alone), but He may bring you back together in the future?

NightCrawler
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I thought that was possible 5 months ago.

By now I'd say that is the highest probability.