timmyrotter
08-23-2006, 03:31 PM
well its been annouced, Skillet will be making 2 music videos in the next couple of weeks. one for "Whispers in the Dark"(Whispers) and "Rebirthing". here is the annoucement.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

hello...

Hey Everyone!!!

There's a lot going on in Skillet world. We spent the weekend in the studio in Chicago recording another song for the album. We hope it actually makes the album.....we may of missed the deadline, but we'll see. It was still fun to record it anyway! Then we spent Monday and Tuesday at another studio in the city where we live recording and arranging 5 of the new songs acoustically. So, everyone's been working hard. It's coming down to the wire on stuff. Oct 3rd isn't too far off now!!! This coming Monday we are filming 2 music videos in Chicago. One for "Rebirthing" and the other is for a song called "Whispers in the Dark". Should be fun....the director seems to know what he's doing from some of his work we've seen. I hope YOU GUYS like the videos when they're done!

I better go for now. Thank you all for your prayers, comments, and email. We have such GREAT fans.....we love you guys!

Lori

terrasin
08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Which means once Whispers is released, to start pounding TRL on MTV with requests for it.

CJ

timmyrotter
08-23-2006, 04:47 PM
straight up playa!

Maugrim
08-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Two music videos...wow. I've never heard of a band that made two videos at once. That was crazy to read on Myspace. But hey, fun stuff. Hope they turn out well!

404not_found
08-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Evanscence made 4 music videos for their first album... infact I think I think quite a few bands have done 2 music videos for one album.

Anyway woot! Music videos :D

And I hope that last song makes the album...

terrasin
08-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Evanscence made 4 music videos for their first album... infact I think I think quite a few bands have done 2 music videos for one album.

Anyway woot! Music videos :D

And I hope that last song makes the album...
That was over a period of 3 years though.

CJ

timmyrotter
08-24-2006, 06:38 AM
yeah if you have the budget, why not, they are cool. im looking forward to see how panheads get them on TRL

TheFireBreathes
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM
How do they even make money off of music videos? Because we obviously don't buy them.

theelectric3
08-24-2006, 07:01 PM
from what i understand, not directly... but it's another way to spread the word about their music and reach a wider audience.

theelectric3
08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Two music videos...wow. I've never heard of a band that made two videos at once. That was crazy to read on Myspace. But hey, fun stuff. Hope they turn out well!

yeah, it's exciting that the label is so supportive and pushing their music... always a good sign. :)

TheFireBreathes
08-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh ok. So would the crew like make money off of the advertising?

timmyrotter
08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
they get played on like mtv, fuse vh1, it basically just gives them publicity.

theelectric3
08-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh ok. So would the crew like make money off of the advertising?

yeah, everyone involved in making the video gets paid by the label. but the band themselves do not get any money. unless you count CD's and concert tickets bought as a result of someone seeing their video. :)

skilletosis
08-26-2006, 02:54 PM
yeah, it's exciting that the label is so supportive and pushing their music... always a good sign. :)

Those are some true words Tracy. In the press released that have quotes from the big wigs it sounds like they really like the band the way they are lumping them in with some of the greats.

zeroneff
08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
well its been annouced, Skillet will be making 2 music videos in the next couple of weeks. one for "Whispers in the Dark"(Whispers) and "Rebirthing". here is the annoucement.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

hello...

Hey Everyone!!!

There's a lot going on in Skillet world. We spent the weekend in the studio in Chicago recording another song for the album. We hope it actually makes the album.....we may of missed the deadline, but we'll see. It was still fun to record it anyway! Then we spent Monday and Tuesday at another studio in the city where we live recording and arranging 5 of the new songs acoustically. So, everyone's been working hard. It's coming down to the wire on stuff. Oct 3rd isn't too far off now!!! This coming Monday we are filming 2 music videos in Chicago. One for "Rebirthing" and the other is for a song called "Whispers in the Dark". Should be fun....the director seems to know what he's doing from some of his work we've seen. I hope YOU GUYS like the videos when they're done!

I better go for now. Thank you all for your prayers, comments, and email. We have such GREAT fans.....we love you guys!

Lori

I knew it!!

bob
09-01-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm hoping the videos are around the quality of Savior and Best Kept Secret and not Alien Youth quality. :P

theelectric3
09-03-2006, 12:23 PM
i seriously doubt it... not with Atlantic putting money into it... i'm thinking this will probably be their best yet... photo quality and everything.

if it is anything like their promo pics (quality of them compared to other years) i think it is safe to say that they're going to be awesome.

but we'll just have to wait and find out.

Maugrim
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
More pictures of the video shoot were posted on their myspace. They are looking to be ordinary videos that are more focused on the performance of the band rather than a story/theme or eye candy. Part of me wanted them to do something with a story, though. But who knows, maybe the videos will surprise us with something.

timmyrotter
09-04-2006, 11:40 AM
i disagree, they looked plain, but in music vids they usually have a sotry going or something, then go to a shot of the band playing. so the people in the music video may not be members of skillet, but actors, so why would they show the actors on thier myspace? i hope that makes sense. im saying that there is more to the vids than what they shot. it looks like all those pics were taken in a period of 1/2 hour. and remember its only one video.

i saw some other pics from the video shoot and they were against a "green screen" except it wasnt green, jsut one of those backdrops that they add an image through computer animation.

skilletosis
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
What I would like to know is when these videos will be airing and what channels will be airing them. We have It's All Gospel here and I would love to see these stations airing the videos. If we had a release date it would at least be a start.

timmyrotter
09-15-2006, 11:06 AM
i dont know how music vids are released. i assume the sations add them based of how they are doing in radio, or publicity

korey_cooper_jr
09-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Hm, I don't get MTV or any music video channels on tv here, so I always watch for it to be loaded on yahoolaunch or even their website. :/

saulg
09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Would it be ok if i download the videos?? hahaha

theelectric3
09-15-2006, 02:55 PM
skillet will announce when they are released.

once they are out, the videos will be availble to be seen on skillet's site, their myspace no doubt, and panheads.org. :)

st1_Lord
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Lori said on the myspace that the Rebirthing vid is done... I wonder when we'll get to see it...

skilletfreak101
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
woah i'm so excited they're making a video for whispers!!! that song is amazing!

Starbucks5721
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
isn't it???? Out of what I've heard, I love it the best so far!!!