TheFireBreathes
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
(I'm not sure if Mars Hill is the correct place to put this)???

But does anyone what king or famous person it was that he and his army sighted that huge cross in the sky right before they went to battle?

I want to say it was King Richard or even Constantine that witnessed the cross in the sky but I can't find anything on it...

disciple
08-25-2006, 08:31 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Constantine was after the crucifixion. *shrug* Other than that, I can't help ya.

TheFireBreathes
08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh. Yeah, you may be right.

Nevermind, I changed my post. If it was before Christ the king wouldn't of known what the cross stood for. Unless...Gosh I don't know.:-\

planet_kosmos
08-25-2006, 09:00 PM
No, i'm pretty sure it was in medieval times, i remember reading about that last year

terrasin
08-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Are we talking the Crusades with King Arthur?

CJ

Spiffles
08-26-2006, 01:22 AM
But does anyone what king or famous person it was that he and his army sighted that huge cross in the sky right before they went to battle?

I want to say it was King Richard or even Constantine that witnessed the cross in the sky but I can't find anything on it...

Constantine is the guy your thinking of. He had the vision of the cross on his way to Rome the night before the battle of Milvian Bridge against Maxentius.

http://www.roman-empire.net/decline/constantine-index.html

there is one link that gives some decent info. sorry i dont have more links, but I havent studied Constantine much yet.

NightCrawler
08-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Are we talking the Crusades with King Arthur?

CJ

Arthur: "Good idea, O Lord!"

NotquiteGod: "OF COURSE IT IS A GOOD IDEA."

TheFireBreathes
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Constantine is the guy your thinking of. He had the vision of the cross on his way to Rome the night before the battle of Milvian Bridge against Maxentius.

http://www.roman-empire.net/decline/constantine-index.html

there is one link that gives some decent info. sorry i dont have more links, but I havent studied Constantine much yet.

Oh no, that's plenty. Thankyou.