DustinRocks
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Here's the deal. I have a couple odds and ends. I have some bootleg and rare cds. I may post them but I'm not sure if its cool with the band. They include

Ken and Treys farewell show DVD/VHS
Fingerpaint Demo (kens old band but with original versions of Saturn and Paint)CD
Invincible Cd Realease Party DVD/VHS
A Random Worship set on bootleg. CD

will
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Unless you have explicit permission from the band, don't post them because we will remove them. Don't get me wrong, I love these rare recordings as much as the next guy, but we're pretty strict about that kind of stuff around here. Ken is normally pretty cool about his old music, so it probably wouldn't be hard to get permission from him regarding Fingerpaint. Some of the Skillet stuff would probably be a little more difficult.

DustinRocks
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
I was just checking all of it was recorded with permission from the band and venue.

DustinRocks
09-16-2006, 01:44 AM
On another note The Invincible cd release party is awesome. Beside a few bad guitarsolos from Kevin. COme on it was close to his first show. It was the second best skilletconcert that I have ever seen. Best being Ken and Trey Fairwell Show. THEY ACTUALLY played My Beautiful Robe. Were any of you there besides me.

bob
09-16-2006, 08:17 AM
No man, I wasn't there. That would have been really cool to see them play "My Beautiful Robe" though. I doubt they've played that song since.

terrasin
09-16-2006, 11:57 AM
No man, I wasn't there. That would have been really cool to see them play "My Beautiful Robe" though. I doubt they've played that song since.
They played it durring the Collide Tour. :)

CJ

DustinRocks
09-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know why its such a rare track to hear live.

bob
09-16-2006, 02:14 PM
They played it durring the Collide Tour. :)

CJ

Oh, well I didn't know that. I haven't seen Skillet in over two years, it is quite depressing . . . I still want to see them play "Eating Me Away" in concert.

planet_kosmos
09-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, well I didn't know that. I haven't seen Skillet in over two years, it is quite depressing . . . I still want to see them play "Eating Me Away" in concert.

I would love to see Eating Me Away Live, that song is so good.

bob
09-16-2006, 03:41 PM
I asked John in a fan chat a couple of years ago if they'd ever play that song live and he said no. I was rather dissapointed.

planet_kosmos
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
I asked John in a fan chat a couple of years ago if they'd ever play that song live and he said no. I was rather dissapointed.

Kudos for trying! ;)

will
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Since we're talking about bootlegs, I might as well post an old one I have I've never uploaded... This is from a show at Crichton College in Memphis, TN on Nov 11, 2002. This was back when Jonathan Steitz was managing the band and he let me hook my laptop to the sound board. The audio was mixed for the house, so it doesn't sound the best when recorded, but that's not really what I like about this track. I was a student at Visible School at the time, and several of us kept pushing Ken to play a little bit with the band since he'd been out of Skillet for several years. We weren't sure if he was actually going to go through with it, but sure enough when they came back on stage for the "I Can" finale, there was Ken instead of Ben. Ken told me a few days later that he actually couldn't remember the chords for the song, so he had looked them up here on PH :)

"Let this be a glorious moment..." -John Cooper
http://media.panheads.org/audio/Bootlegs/20021111-ICan.mp3

DustinRocks
09-18-2006, 04:13 PM
No way I lived down the street from visible shcool untilI was 19. my band played LIME fest and all that Jazz. Small world. I missed that show I was sick with mono.

BondageDuck
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM

Eating Me Away? The played it in the AY tour...at least in my town. That was the first & only time I heard it live.

DustinRocks
09-24-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a VHS of John singing "Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crue. Its awesome my buddy chuck isplaying drums. I think John was 16.

korey_cooper_jr
09-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Wow, thanks for making that downloadable Will!

It would be really cool if we could take all of these old/rare song recordings and VHS/DVD live footage and compiled them all onto a DVD or something. Like a Panheads special DVD of Skillet. I know I would buy one. Probably 2, lol. :)

DustinRocks
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
I have a VHS of John singing "Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crue. Its awesome my buddy chuck isplaying drums. I think John was 16.

I'm gonna post this next week.

DarkestRose
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM

That's awesome. That'd be cool to see.

LeShep
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Dustin I cant wait to see that

DustinRocks
09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
I had a friend ship it to mefrom memphis i'm praying it gets here soon.

korey_cooper_jr
09-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Wow, that's really awesome! I can't wait to see it :D

BondageDuck
09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
How nice of you to share it with us! :D Can't wait!

ismhackett
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
This is from a show at Crichton College in Memphis, TN on Nov 11, 2002.

That was totally my first date with the girl I am about to ask to marry me. Snap, that was along time ago.

The Fingerpaint demo is good, esp. "Shovel." I love that song. I still hope everytime the put out a new CD, that Shovel is on it.

ismhackett
10-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Thanks for posting that I Can. That was an awesome moment at the show. Ken's an awesome dude.

Do you have any of the other tracks you feel like posting?