NightCrawler
09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I am not having the problem now (campus network, T1?), but I have found that when I am at work (DSL) and sometimes when I am at home (dial-up).... pages on this site hang, showing no progress (no status) when I click submit on the post.

-- Like we're talking 4 minutes wait or more. --

And I can still view other pages on other sites. But this site... Nope. Freezes. Again, in this computer lab I am not having a problem, right now.

aliengurl7
09-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Its been running slow for me too lately....

will
09-15-2006, 06:45 PM
it's a problem with our host's network... just read some of the entries over the past couple of weeks here (http://dreamhoststatus.com). The good news is that in the last day or two they seem to have made some significant progress. Believe me, I'm as frustrated as anyone.

NightCrawler
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Good, I am not crazy.

Thanks for replying. And I'm sorry it isn't working fully, Will.

skynes
09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
-- Like we're talking 4 minutes wait or more. --

OH NNOOOO!!! CALL THE POLICE!!! CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!!! CALL BILL GATES!! He has to wait FOUR minutes! Oh agony of the days of the 56K when it took up to 20 minutes to load a page... agony agony...

</sarcasm>

I've noticed the speed diff too, but I shrug it off. Servers are a pain most of the time, I'm just thankful for the times they work good :)

NightCrawler
09-22-2006, 02:32 PM
OH NNOOOO!!! CALL THE POLICE!!! CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!!! CALL BILL GATES!! He has to wait FOUR minutes! Oh agony of the days of the 56K when it took up to 20 minutes to load a page... agony agony...

</sarcasm>

I've noticed the speed diff too, but I shrug it off. Servers are a pain most of the time, I'm just thankful for the times they work good :)
Well, when you are on a fast connection and the problem is recurring, you wonder what is up.

Any way I can help, Will?