starsfalling00
09-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey if any of you guys have myspace i made a fan page for Skillet, www.myspace.com/skilletfan00

Enjoy :)

neb0789
09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
that's awesome, i like what you did with the pictures

Starbucks5721
09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Cool

You might want to post this in the big Myspace thread, too...

terrasin
09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm now working with a group who have one up as well. We have a lot of exclusive content like wallpapers and buddy icons.

www.myspace.com/officialpanheads

CJ

timmyrotter
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
so its not official, i had one first... i should have known you were the one trying to undermind my site.

dawn of light
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
um, I think it's undermine not undermind. unless that was a typo.

terrasin
09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
so its not official, i had one first... i should have known you were the one trying to undermind my site.
Let me clear up a few things for you:

A: I am not the one who started this site.
B: The "official" in the title simply means that the people who are on it are panheads. You would have learned this had you read the blogs and not got hot-headed.
C: As I told you before, it's not about us, it's about the band and promoting them. There have been fansites on myspace before you as well, there is plenty of room for all of them. You're problem is that you want to play Mr. Popularity and be the head #1 guy for your own ego.

In any event, as I said before, it's better that we work together and not get into some spat over nothing.

CJ

planet_kosmos
09-21-2006, 02:28 AM
I think Timmy was being sarcastic CJ.

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah. I kinda thought he was just kidding around too. I also find that his jokes have a tendency to get him in trouble and I find that kinda funny.

neb0789
09-21-2006, 06:40 AM
yeah, sometimes its hard to get across your full meaning with just text

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 06:48 AM
yeah i usually am sarcastice, but this time CJ just reallly made me mad. throwing this whole 'official' business in there. if you read my blog it also says its for panheads only. and if you read the part about why i made the profile it will also explain it. just think, Will made this panheads.org, 6 months before someone else makes one called officialpanheads.org, dont you think he might feel threatend? thats what position i am in. i thnk it would upset most people.

and dont even start with me wanting all the glory. you already get to hang out with the band, and you get in on cofidential stuff. and you are not afraid to brag about it. with the "i know what it is but im not gonna tell you"

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Okay, I was wrong. Not kidding this time. (It really is hard to tell which text alone.)

I do think it understandable to be upset about the "offical" aspect of the newer Panheads Myspace since you did have one earlier and you've been really dedicated to updating it and stuff. So I could see why you'd be angry. I probably won't be able to say anything to make you feel better or create a win-win situation at the moment, but I do understand.

terrasin
09-21-2006, 11:52 AM
and dont even start with me wanting all the glory. you already get to hang out with the band, and you get in on cofidential stuff. and you are not afraid to brag about it. with the "i know what it is but im not gonna tell you"
When have I ever bragged about something I knew but wouldn't tell? As I also told you before just a week ago in PM, I'm not out to win some popularity contest here. Quite the opposite if you've not noticed. What I do, I do for the band. You just seem to let your jealousy take a hold and fail to realize it.

Believe me, it's not as glamourous as it seems. I've shed a lot of blood, sweat, and tears for this band doing what I do.

If there will be anything else concerning this topic, timmy, I would appriciate it if you respectfully discuss this with me through PM.

CJ

riz
09-21-2006, 12:59 PM
One word: overreaction.

neb0789
09-21-2006, 01:20 PM
if you are going to argue, don't do it on this thread or site, send emails or something

planet_kosmos
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
if you are going to argue, don't do it on this thread or site, send emails or something

They are going to PM each other. I think this thread should be closed by one of the mods.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
this argument is regarding the topic "myspace". sorry Riz but you dont know the whole story. blood, sweat and tears, CJ? did you get that from the fort minor song? and is it a tough business "doing whatever it is you do for the band"? im not going to do this over a PM to protect your image, if anything i say isnt true, then you have a right to get mad. but until then i think we can keep this in the open.

if you want examples,

CJ- "there are more singles coming" although its subtle, how many people took it as "im know but im not gonna tell you". of course there are more singles, that is like saying, 'the sun will rise tomorrow and i know what time' why say it at all? if sun enthusiats wanted to know when the sun was gonna rise, but only you knew. why say you know if you arent gonna tell them? (terrible analogy, but you get the picture) stuff like that man, ive been here like 3 years now, and this isnt the first time. just because you are more subtle, doesnt mean you dont want the glory. no offense but it seems you like to feel important. and that you are using your "position" to your advantage in that. look at the 2 myspace pages, his is like a copy. why? did you feel someone might take your place as the most hardcore skillet fan. i made mine in like february, when nothing in the skillet world was going on. and still avidly updated with what i could...

rkcguitar
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Haha, oh how childish some people can be. Who really cares who likes Skillet more? I don't cause the fact is that we all love Skillet. We're here to support the band, not get into stupid little fights about who loves Skillet more. Grow up people, seriously. Life is too short for this crap.

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Haha, oh how childish some people can be. Who really cares who likes Skillet more? I don't cause the fact is that we all love Skillet. We're here to support the band, not get into stupid little fights about who loves Skillet more. Grow up people, seriously. Life is too short for this crap.

I agree. This is getting really ridiculous. I mean, I don't see why there can't be multiple panhead myspaces, even in noting that I do understand why Timmy would be upset. The more-panhead-than-thou thing is really juvenile.

rkcguitar
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Yea, I would understand why he's upset, but still there can be multiple panhead fansites. There is no such thing as the ultimate Skillet fan because we all love Skillet. Since we're here for the band then we should get along at least, lol. So what if somebody else made a panhead myspace? Good for them, now more people will know about Skillet. That's the goal anyways, right?

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
hey i dont care that there are other fansites. its the fact that mine has been there since feb. then a month ago someone comes up with this one saying its the official one... thats what makes me mad. especially when CJ is behind it, and we have never got along

riz
09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
sorry Riz but you dont know the whole story.

Okay, maybe I don't know all the finer points about the whole myspace power-struggle, if there really is one. But I do know this: CJ knows the band real well. He has worked with them, especially regarding some of the technical aspects (like at concerts), and really knows what he's talking about. The information he gives us is nothing to throw away. He doesn't do all this because he's acting holier-than-thou; he isn't doing this for personal glory. What he's doing he's doing for the band. He wants to inform those who don't have direct contact with the band. Just pieces, hints, tantalizing tidbits of what might be to come. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's a great thing that he informs us (unofficially) about that is to happen with the band, possible release dates, ideas, concert info, whathaveyou. He's been here longer than most people - including you - and has done a lot of stuff with the band. So I think that, even though you might be a bit miffed that what you've done might go unnoticed (which it isn't), CJ still has the right to promote the site he is working on. And I'm sure it won't overshadow yours.

I think that this is becoming highly childish. There is no reason for there to be a monopoly on panhead fansites. The idea of it is ludicrous.

Take a deep breath and don't get all out-of-sorts. Life will go on.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Okay, maybe I don't know all the finer points about the whole myspace power-struggle, if there really is one. But I do know this: CJ knows the band real well. He has worked with them, especially regarding some of the technical aspects (like at concerts), and really knows what he's talking about. The information he gives us is nothing to throw away. He doesn't do all this because he's acting holier-than-thou; he isn't doing this for personal glory. What he's doing he's doing for the band. He wants to inform those who don't have direct contact with the band. Just pieces, hints, tantalizing tidbits of what might be to come. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's a great thing that he informs us (unofficially) about that is to happen with the band, possible release dates, ideas, concert info, whathaveyou. He's been here longer than most people - including you - and has done a lot of stuff with the band. So I think that, even though you might be a bit miffed that what you've done might go unnoticed (which it isn't), CJ still has the right to promote the site he is working on. And I'm sure it won't overshadow yours.

I think that this is becoming highly childish. There is no reason for there to be a monopoly on panhead fansites. The idea of it is ludicrous.

Take a deep breath and don't get all out-of-sorts. Life will go on.

well bro that is easy for you to say. when you arent the one who has put many many days working on this site. i said before, i dont mind there being other fansites. its just the 'official' thing undermining mine.

riz
09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Undermining?

It's a word. Nothing else. As I said before: life will go on. It will. It really will.

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah. I still don't really get what makes the one myspace "official" though. I mean, I looked at the site and all. But, I don't know... I think both CJ and Timmy have nice panhead myspaces and I'll leave it at that.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 04:21 PM
you are right... i could not function because this internet issue is consuming every part of my pathetic life....
because you know all i do is sit on the internet all day.

in case you didnt relize im being sarcastic. you dont know me, and you telling me life will go on at the end of every comment is getting on my nerves more than anything right now. i dont even have internet at my house. i get on at work, or at friends houses.

Spiffles
09-21-2006, 04:38 PM
ROFL

why are you attacking CJ? Did you forget this that CJ said??? or are you purposly ignoring it because it screws up your argument?

Let me clear up a few things for you:

A: I am not the one who started this site.

CJ

If this is over the word "official" then its really silly.

To me, being official means your supported by the band or run by the band.. Fansites arent official if they are run by fans.. Getting upset over the word official in someone elses site is laughable.

Does it actually matter what someone else does with their myspace site? (or any other site)

rkcguitar
09-21-2006, 04:43 PM
ROFL

why are you attacking CJ? Did you forget this that CJ said??? or are you purposly ignoring it because it screws up your argument?

If this is over the word "official" then its really silly.

To me, being official means your supported by the band or run by the band.. Fansites arent official if they are run by fans.. Getting upset over the word official in someone elses site is laughable.

Does it actually matter what someone else does with their myspace site? (or any other site)

I totally agree and no it doesn't matter. This really is laughable. This crap needs to end, now.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 05:05 PM
its not done by the band, so it isnt official like you said. so isnt there a problem with calling something official that isnt? Cj said he didnt start the site, but when it started i tlaked to the person working on it, and they gave me the exact reason CJ did earlier in this thread word for word... kinda funny huh? word for word. and it wasnt CJ? hmmm... i guess we'll never know. maybe he didnt start it, but at the begginning he was the one answering all my messages. so even if he didnt "start it" it looks like he did most of the work, or was on it the most. bottom line he had a large part in it. sorryt i had to get technical. i probably still have the myspace message if you still dont believe me. i can post it, and you can compare it to what CJ said at the start of the thread.

timmyrotter
09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
check it out, new background! its panheadtastic! www.myspace.com/panheads

Spiffles
09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
its not done by the band, so it isnt official like you said. so isnt there a problem with calling something official that isnt? Cj said he didnt start the site, but when it started i tlaked to the person working on it, and they gave me the exact reason CJ did earlier in this thread word for word... kinda funny huh? word for word. and it wasnt CJ? hmmm... i guess we'll never know. maybe he didnt start it, but at the begginning he was the one answering all my messages. so even if he didnt "start it" it looks like he did most of the work, or was on it the most. bottom line he had a large part in it. sorryt i had to get technical. i probably still have the myspace message if you still dont believe me. i can post it, and you can compare it to what CJ said at the start of the thread.

Personally, I dont believe you, because your pretty much saying, CJ is lieing..
As for getting technical.. No.. lol..CJ said he didnt start it, therefore, even if he did work for it, he didnt start it.. Thast not getting technical on an argument that CJ started it.. All that says is CJ did work for it.

anyways, to quote myself.

I honestly dont see what your so upset about..
ANYONE could make a myspace fansite.. Who gives a stuff.. They are just as entitled to make a fansite as the next person, and they are just as entitled to put the word "panhead" in it like yours or the one CJ is on.

The ONLY ones that can justify getting upset over the word "official" would be the band or manger/record comany, or people that work for the band..

FromTheInside
09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
One word: overreaction.

See above qoute.

terrasin
09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Concerning the name, which I admit can be decieving, I will post the first blog written about it. Hopefully this will clear this up for people wondering about it. This is the last I am going to speak of this ridiculas issue on these forums. Any other questions regarding the issue should be done via PM. End of story.

So what, you may ask, does it take to be an Official Panhead? There are a few things which set us apart from normal fans.

We are the hardest rockers at the concerts
We travel long distances for concerts
We bring skillets to concerts to support the band (Just be careful with that thing while rocking out )
We have all the songs memorized and sing them loud
We try to get every friend we have into Skillet
We are on the Skillet Mailing List found on their Official Website
We are active members of the Official Skillet Street Team!
If you're not a part of the Street Team yet, get on it and help promote Comatose!

So join us here, keep checking back, and be part of the Panhead community!
The name describes what we, and the other members are. We are official panheads. Plain and simple.

CJ

neb0789
09-21-2006, 09:10 PM
thank you for that CJ

timmyrotter
09-22-2006, 06:53 AM
well i sounds like i keep getting different people coming in and saying that im wrong. but i said earlier, ITS OKAY FOR THERE TO BE OTHER SKILLET FANSITES. but its the "official" thing that gets me. i know CJ explained his definition of "official" but if you seriously believe that... then thats not smart. think it through people, it looks like he is trying ot cover his mistake. "Official" means its by or backed by the band, thus making his misleading. that is all

DarkestRose
09-22-2006, 07:53 AM
check it out, new background! its panheadtastic! www.myspace.com/panheads

I like it. It's really cool. :)

FromTheInside
09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Timmy:

Permit me to point something out (AGAIN).
think it through people, it looks like he is trying ot cover his mistake.

He said he didn't make it. thus he didn't name it.
Why would he be "covering for his own mistake" when
(if it even (WAS) a mistake) he wasn't the one who made it?

Why don't you just chill out and do what both sites were ment to do. Promote the band and get the world out.
There was no need for you to throw this tantrum of yours.

timmyrotter
09-22-2006, 10:40 AM
im done talking about it, i know the truth. and im not going to waste my time trying to convince all of you.

FromTheInside
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear it. :)
And back on topic, I really like your fanspace starsfalling00. :)

go_home_red
09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
im done talking about it, i know the truth. and im not going to waste my time trying to convince all of you.

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP...SLAM! ::]

dawn of light
09-22-2006, 11:01 AM
STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP...SLAM! ::]

Is this kind of thing necessary? Seriously this convo would have been over a long time ago if a bunch of you would have just left it alone. It's between CJ and Timmy not everyone with an opinion. I'm pretty sure it's over now so let's not keep it going any longer. We shouldn't have to sift through pages of arguing just to find the links for people fansites.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Timmy I like your fansite it was very informative. I also liked that little Comatose counter to see how long it is until Oct 3.

I haven't really looked at any other ones because I can't access myspace at work so I'll have to look when I get home. I'll let you guys know what I think when i check them out!

timmyrotter
09-22-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah i thought it was pretty sweet!

go_home_red
09-22-2006, 12:47 PM
It's between CJ and Timmy not everyone with an opinion.

This is a thread, not a PM. Did I miss something?

The human personification of an inferiority complex (THPOAIC) just threw a two-and-a-half page tantrum because he was upset by the word "official," but it's the outsiders who made this thread what it is? As THPOAIC said on page two,

im not going to do this over a PM to protect your image...i think we can keep this in the open.

I'm done now, too. I'm going to go cool off for a week.

theelectric3
09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
let's not turn this into a competition please. it's great to have different sites to promote Skillet, their music and their message... but let's not get all hung up over titles. cool? :)

yamaha_250cc
09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
yes, lets turn this into a competition. I LOVE those! as for me, i'm gonna cast the winning vote....and it's for go_home_red! tom, you will always rock my face....and as for you timmy whatever...i'm glad you like skillet...but you need to find more things to do with your time, cause you seriously are on here way too much.

DarkestRose
09-22-2006, 05:46 PM
yes, lets turn this into a competition. I LOVE those! as for me, i'm gonna cast the winning vote....and it's for go_home_red! tom, you will always rock my face....and as for you timmy whatever...i'm glad you like skillet...but you need to find more things to do with your time, cause you seriously are on here way too much.

Lets not even go there on who is on the boards too much. That is an even more ridiculous argument waiting to happen.

timmyrotter
09-23-2006, 09:04 AM

yeah you want to see me get kicked off the boards? *edited piece containing 4 letter words that shouldnt be used on the boards*

how about we move along, that would involve you SHUTTING YOUR FACE! aight. mods if this is bad, you can delete it when you delete her post.

neb0789
09-23-2006, 09:43 AM
obviously this argument won't be ending any time soon. i say one of the mods should close this thread, because it has just been reduced to immaturity beyond anything i've read. has anyone heard of "think before you speak" (or post in this case), and "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." This is a CHRISTIAN band's fansite, non-christians could come to this site, see the way we talk to eachother and say, "man, if that's what christians are like, then i want to stay away from them."

That is all from me.

a little love goes a long way...

Paulishdog
09-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree. I'm tired of seeing arguments on Skillet's fan site. It's not as bad as the 12 Stones boards, but it's still pretty bad.

planet_kosmos
09-23-2006, 01:24 PM
I think this thread should be closed by one of the mods.
I say it again.

will
09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
wow, this has got to be a new low for the conversations here.