DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I could really use prayers for a girl in my girls' discipleship group from church. A few months ago she was diagnosed with leukemia which is bad enough. She seemed to be doing well, but she just now came down with pneumonia, a dangerous kind and the treatment can be dangerous because it interfers with the cancer treatment. She is in a climate controlled room in the hospital, she has to have her vital signs checked every 15 minutes. In order for her to be able to fight this infection off, they have to let her white blood cells grow again; this affects the treatment for the leukemia. It could take up to 3 weeks to find out exactly what she is dealing with and get an exact treatment plan for her. For now the doctors are doing the best they can. She is also growing really frustrated and angry with her situation, which is understandable.

I would really appreciate any prayers for her healing, her attitude and her family.

DustinRocks
09-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm praying.

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Dustin.

lamb_servant72
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Do you know which type of leukemia she has? Is she in a good hospital?

DarkestRose
09-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I don't know what kind of leukemia it is, but she is in a hospital which is supposed to be really good. It might be a research hospital...I'm not sure.

dawn of light
09-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll pray for her.

DustinRocks
09-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a friend whose in remission now but I remembe rwhen she wa sin kemo. I know its hard to be there for someone. It sucks really. I fidn that God works through you when stand by someone though. When you stay strong and keep the faith. It encourages them to do the same and not give up on life.