Maxdude360
09-23-2006, 06:58 PM
i know i couldnt go to RTU but i am def goin to clearwater. im goin wit my best friend for his b-day present. who else is goin

Starbucks5721
09-25-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm most likely going - driving down the three hours from Titusville. ^_^

Maxdude360
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
how do i get my tickets for clearwater do i call that number on the website

Starbucks5721
09-26-2006, 04:01 AM
go to www.thejoyfm.com and there is a link for the whole concert - I forget what it is called (raise the roof?), but it's the one with Casting Crowns, Andrew Phillip, and Luis Palau (what a lineup XD). You can buy the tickets off there.

Starbucks5721
10-02-2006, 07:32 AM
ohnoes!!

My car buddies have left me stranded. Nobody on the east coast wants to drive with me to Clearwater, do you? it's one thing to drive down to Melbourne on my own to see them, but its a complete other thing to drive 3 hours to Clearwater all by me onesies, savvy?

whereami
10-02-2006, 09:28 AM
w00t, ill be there! im goin with my friends youth group because mine is to lame to go to cool things like that.

Maxdude360
10-02-2006, 05:24 PM
ohnoes!!

My car buddies have left me stranded. Nobody on the east coast wants to drive with me to Clearwater, do you? it's one thing to drive down to Melbourne on my own to see them, but its a complete other thing to drive 3 hours to Clearwater all by me onesies, savvy?

i would if i could but would have to drive up to orlando for 3 hours and then over to clearwater for like another 4 hours

yamaha_250cc
10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
oh yeah, well to show ya how crazy i am, i drove 12 hours to see skillet.! it was worth every cent of gas, and tiredness.

Starbucks5721
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm prolly going to just drive over anyways.

I'd even drive the ten hours to the acoustic Georgia show, but I have a meeting with the CEO's of Hard Rock the next day. As much as I love Skillet, I'm not going to make that one!! LOL

Maxdude360
10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
lol ive got front row seats!!!! woohoo

Starbucks5721
10-07-2006, 08:47 AM
holy cow those are the expensive tickets!

Maxdude360
10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
ya i no its awesome!

Starbucks5721
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
My bro decided to come with me but we just got the $25 tickets - poor college students unite! I am so excited though...

Maxdude360
10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
lol cool i cant wait its gonna be awesome

whereami
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
woo! i get tickets for $20 for going w/ a group, \m/

Starbucks5721
10-08-2006, 06:26 AM
One more week! YAY

Hey we should all meet up somewhere! LOL

Maxdude360
10-08-2006, 09:58 AM
we should u name the place and we will see wat we can do lol

Starbucks5721
10-10-2006, 04:04 AM
LOL I have no idea, I've never been to Coachmen Park, heck, I havent even been to Clearwater in like two years.

Let's put it this way - I will be wearing my Skillet gear, I'll be with a 6'5" male replica of myself (my brother), and I will be the one singing along the loudest at the concert XD

starsfalling00
10-11-2006, 07:45 AM
anyone driving from south fl.? Im in west palm beach and do not have a way to get there. I am willing to pay gas money.

Maxdude360
10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
LOL I have no idea, I've never been to Coachmen Park, heck, I havent even been to Clearwater in like two years.

Let's put it this way - I will be wearing my Skillet gear, I'll be with a 6'5" male replica of myself (my brother), and I will be the one singing along the loudest at the concert XD

ok ill try to find u....now watch theres is like a bunch of super tall ppl there....dang it! lol. 1 more day!!!!! im so excited

Starbucks5721
10-14-2006, 04:46 AM
LOL ok....I'm excited - we have to leave in like three hours to actually get there around three...ohmigoodness, I have a feeling its going to be a good one again!!!!

whereami
10-14-2006, 08:21 AM
woo, were coming over from tampa, about to leave. were gunna be there EARLY! first ones in last ones out. :P

Starbucks5721
10-15-2006, 06:48 AM
CONCERT REVIEW! LOL

Yeah ok, so how was that?? I think it was a good set. Even if it was only five songs and they got cut off. I can't ever say Skillet puts on a bad show...

For those of you who weren't there - basically, this was a big event and a Casting Crowns concert, and the grand majority of people there had never heard of Skillet. There were select groups of people you could definitely tell WERE Panheads, because we were crazy. But get this, nobody in front of the stage in the reserved seating area even stood up for the concert except a dedicated few in the front row! And hardly anyone knew the words to the sogs. John actually commented on how he knew there were at least some people who knew who they were because we were singing to Whispers In the Dark. There was a bunch of us crazy fans over on the side on the fence, and another bunch in the back, and John definitely noticed where the real fans were because by the end of the set, he jumped off the stage and ran around the whole perimiter of the fence and grabbed hands. Ben and Lori waved at us when we yelled at them :) They got cut off right when they were about to sing The Last Night, John got told they had five minutes left and so he decided to do Savior instead. But honestly, that was probably one of the worst crowds I've ever seen at a Skilet concert. Oh well :) LOL So a good bunch of us gathered by the merch tables hoping that they would come sign autographs like they always do, and they never came. We spent ages trying to get people to find out where they were, and no one could do much, which was understandable. So about eight of us went and stalked over by the tour busses for a while, and finally got one of the security cops to go see if Skillet was still hanging around backstage and the cop came back and said they had been on the other side of the stage waiting for people for a while and almost no one had shown up so they weren't going to sign autographs anymore. So we just started yelling through the fence, chanting for Skillet, LOL, and then their van came to get them to go back to the hotel and then we REALLY started yelling because we could see them getting in the van, and Korey was sweet enough to actually come over and sign stuff for us for a few minutes, which was awesome. One of the kids we were with asked her why she decided to sing more on Comatose, and she just laughed and said John made her! LOL So she was awesome, and then she had to get in the van, they were kindof shooing her back to it, and as it pulled out we were cheering and yelling and they were waving at us as they pulled out, so it was tons of fun XD But she DID confirm that an acoustic ep and a Comatose tour are in fact in the works :) *squee*

Here's a couple of pictures I managed to get, but my camera likes to make things look 80000000 times farther away than we really were. We were maybe 30ft from the stage.

Haha, and I'm losing my voice XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0980.jpg
^This was John running past. If you look carefully, you can see his hair in the top of the giant blur! XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0979.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0969.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0977.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0976.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0978.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0970.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0973.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0972.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Starbucks5721/IMAG0971.jpg

Maxdude360
10-15-2006, 03:12 PM
hey where were u maybe i saw u...were u at the gate wen they were signing stuff?? if so i was the kid with the boston redsox hat on and i had them all sign my fone lol.

Starbucks5721
10-15-2006, 04:05 PM
YOU WERE NOT!!!!!! I was the girl who told you I liked your hat!!!

Maxdude360
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
r u serious ahhhh lol well now i know who u r. DANG IT! NEXT CONCERT THAT WERE BOTH GOIN TO WE R MEETING UP (i will where my hat again lol) btw i sent u a freind request on myspace. im christian

whereami
10-15-2006, 06:32 PM
woho! oh man that was great, i thought that was an incredible set they played, great blend of old stuiff and new stuff. and daaaaaaaang can ben shred!!!! good stuff

yeha, i was stuck over on the right side of the stage where there was noo skillet fans at all, that little group on the left side looked like they were having a good time though.

favorite part: ok, so like mentioned above, all the people in the front section were moslty old folks that definantly werent there for skillet, so after the first song, john was like "ok, i have to ask, how many people down there are a little bit scared by our music?" and like half the people up there raise their hands. lol, i was so ready to offer to trade seats with them.

OH MAN! we found skillet right after the show, they were all the way over on the left side behind the stage! everyone but korey was over there and there were only like 10 people over there getting thigns signed! it was a good time, lori got a big ol bag of skittles from someone.

shane
10-15-2006, 08:19 PM
So... I'm gonna express that I'm kinda mad about the concert... and for good reason.

I was one of the people on the back end of the fence. I was so excited about seeing Skillet, because I hadn't been planning to go to this concert, but then I ended up being in town, and a friend got me a free ticket, so I was able to go. Before I go into the next part, I'm a guitarist who has been playing with bands for 3 or so years, so I'm being pretty critical about the rest of the concert.

1. VIP areas in concerts? Get serious.
2. The sound mix sucked. At most of the Skillet concerts I've been to (5), I've been able to feel the kick drum vibration in my chest. That's the way it should be. The volume was considerably lower than it should've been. If you're going to a concert, let the bands sound like they should - don't try to compensate for the taste of the other people in the crowd.. Let the fans get what they deserve.
3. Everytime I see them in concert, their sets get shorter and shorter. This band has been around for 10 years. They don't deserve to play 5 songs and get cut off. Ridiculous.

So nothing bad was done by Skillet... I completely blame JoyFM, who I'm not a fan of to begin with. Ben makes me feel like a horrible guitarist everytime I see him, but I guess that's what happens when you take a classical guitarist and let him shred. Most of my frustration is because Skillet isn't getting what they deserve. Opening for Casting Crowns? Come on.

Starbucks5721
10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
yeha, i was stuck over on the right side of the stage where there was noo skillet fans at all, that little group on the left side looked like they were having a good time though.

Heehee, I was in that little crowd on the left side right on the fence XD But rest assured, there were very few people over there that actually knew the words. They were just having fun rockin' out to the music.

r u serious ahhhh lol well now i know who u r. DANG IT! NEXT CONCERT THAT WERE BOTH GOIN TO WE R MEETING UP (i will where my hat again lol)

WE ARE SO GOING TO MEET UP LOL That is too funny. At least now I know what you look like!

2. The sound mix sucked. At most of the Skillet concerts I've been to (5), I've been able to feel the kick drum vibration in my chest. That's the way it should be. The volume was considerably lower than it should've been. If you're going to a concert, let the bands sound like they should - don't try to compensate for the taste of the other people in the crowd.. Let the fans get what they deserve.

3. Everytime I see them in concert, their sets get shorter and shorter. This band has been around for 10 years. They don't deserve to play 5 songs and get cut off. Ridiculous.

Yeah, the sound was pretty bad. We noticed that when the first group went on, the one with the girls. And they blew something right at the beginning of You're Powerful. But I've personally seen them three times in the last four months, seven times overall, and this is the first time ever I've noticed that their set has gotten shorter. I've NEVER heard them get cut off before, though!