somasoul
09-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I for one don't think that we, as humans, can really determine who is saved or not. It's not really our business. Not in the personal sense, but in working sense. We can't save anyone. It's not our call but our Creator's.

With that said, when we evangelise we can typically assume, from what we know, as to who is saved.

Are Catholics saved? Or Mormons? Jehovah's Witness'? Some of these "fringe" type denominations have been accused, rightly or wrongly, of a lot over the years. Are these groups blessed by God or cursed because of their beliefs?

NightCrawler
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyone and everyone whom God elects.

Gryphenix
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
You have to look at the beliefs of the individual or group. Does their basic theology match up with the Bible? If not, I question their salvation. I won't deny it, because in the end, only God knows a person's heart. However, I will say that beliefs in some denominations, which directly oppose basic Christian pillars, make me question the validity of someone's salvation if they ascribe to those beliefs.

skynes
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
You have to look at the beliefs of the individual or group. Does their basic theology match up with the Bible? If not, I question their salvation. I won't deny it, because in the end, only God knows a person's heart. However, I will say that beliefs in some denominations, which directly oppose basic Christian pillars, make me question the validity of someone's salvation if they ascribe to those beliefs.

I think in part yes, but I also think it goes beyond that.

Jesus said to look at their fruits, good trees make good fruit, bad trees make bad fruit.

So watch their actions. Do their actions line up with what a Christian should be striving to be like? Or is there absolutely no difference between them and the sinners around them.

lamb_servant72
09-27-2006, 01:58 AM
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

It is interesting to me the number of religions that worship a triune God. What if some other religions (I'm going beyond denominations) really worship the same God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, they just call Him something different.

dawn of light
09-27-2006, 06:18 AM
They may worship the same God (like Jewish people do) but do they call on Jesus for salvation? I've often wondered the same thing Lisa.

skynes
09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

It is interesting to me the number of religions that worship a triune God. What if some other religions (I'm going beyond denominations) really worship the same God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, they just call Him something different.

I'm beginning to consider if the nature of what a 'God' is MUST be triune. A God is not a single entity, it is a triune/single entity which since the truth of God is inbuilt into everyone (Romans 1 among others) then people will naturally find the idea of a Triune God normal.

What specific religions do you mean?
Off the top of my head I can't think of any...

Hindu's believe in 1000's of Gods, Buddhists I don't think have any (I might be wrong there), Muslims only have 1 and claims that Allah having a son is heretical and blasphemous.

drumchick101
09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
It's purely an individual heart issue so it really isn't our buisness to know. However, our job is to be larks, and messengers. To worship, prompt others to worship, and give them the message that they don't have to live weighted down by sin and pain. Only God knows where they are spiritaually.

Even if there was a way to know for sure (because we can have a good idea whether they are or not) we would screw it up completely anyways...so I don't like to rely on myself or my judgements.

><sarah><

dawn of light
09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Everyone is saved. Hell doesn't exist.

Just kidding.

I agree with what Sarah said she did a good job of explaining.

drumchick101
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Ha, I thought you were serious about the no hell things...there are people who believe that.

><sarah><