terrasin
09-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Well, we just did production for this show the other night and I got a chance to finally watch it the whole way through for the first time. So for those of you who have seen this play, what are your thoughts on it?

I think a lot of the characters were misrepresented. Like the way Jesus talked to Judas at the last supper in the play just seemed wrong. Not to mention there are several holes in the story that could have been covered had the songs not dragged on and on and on and on...

CJ

somasoul
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I think th epoint of the play was to Hippify Jesus. It does that well. It wanted to bring a more lifelike Jesus to the table.

Theologically correct it isn't but I think it remains true enough to the tale to get the point across.

Over the years the more modern churches have been exploring ways to make Jesus both modern and theologically correct. JCSS is one of the first steps toward that. We saw what was wrong and we have attempted, as best we can, to fix it. In that sense, it's wrongs have been used for great goods.