SkFan1983
10-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Just wondering because I live in Tucson and I take walks to a Walmart that's five miles from here.

terrasin
10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I just picked a copy up from there at midnight and made the lady mad because I wasn't willing to wait till she got to them to bring them out (which would have been an hour or so because I guess they do the new DVDs first). >=]

CJ

amodman
10-02-2006, 09:30 PM
I just picked a copy up from there at midnight and made the lady mad because I wasn't willing to wait till she got to them to bring them out (which would have been an hour or so because I guess they do the new DVDs first). >=]

CJ

God bless 24 hour stores, lol. Last thing I bought from there like that was New Super Mario Bros. for the DS ;)...but I have to wait for my stupid pre-order to come in the mail :(.

fang
10-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Gaaa...same here. I just found out that it probably wasn't shipped in time for me to get it tomorrow.

DarkestRose
10-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah. My pre-order was just shipped tonight. So I'll probably get it on the fourth.

planet_kosmos
10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Should I be getting an email saying that my pre-order shipped sometime?

will
10-03-2006, 12:16 AM
for what it's worth, it's up on the front page of iTunes today. Strangely, when you click on the album, it takes you to a page showing the band name as "Skillet, Skillet & Skillet". Not sure what's up with that... doesn't seem to do that for their other albums.

lamb_servant72
10-03-2006, 01:26 AM
...but I have to wait for my stupid pre-order to come in the mail :(.

Which would explain why I kept slapping my trembling fingers as they hovered and twitched over the mouse wanting so much to pre-order.

Tromos
10-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Which would explain why I kept slapping my trembling fingers as they hovered and twitched over the mouse wanting so much to pre-order.

Your self-discipline is impressive.

*best Darth Vader voice* Most impressive.

If I'd known the streaming audio thing was going to be so limited, I wouldn't have pre-ordered either.

iloveskillet
10-03-2006, 07:47 AM
I got up at six AM and walked five miles to get this cd, and they didn't even have it. I was furious!!! The lady was really rude about it too. Now I'm sad. :'(

ChildOfChrist
10-03-2006, 08:33 AM
awwww...there there. *pats iloveskillet's head*

john316
10-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I picked mine up at wally world today:)

zeroneff
10-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Ahhhhh Walmart had pillar but not skillet

No I will never relly on Walmart agien

I finaly got it at the local christian Book Store at 10 am this morning and was late for school

theelectric3
10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
i cleaned out the Best Buy... they had 2 copies.
and the other one i went to had none.

so i went home with the only 2 copies they had. ;D i hope they order more for the rest of the city...lol.

BarlowgIRL
10-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I pre ordered it through the mail but the company wrote back adn sent the money order back adn claims they don't ahve the CD NOR the shirt even though it's right off the SKILLET WEBSITE!!!!!

doormonkey
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
The walmart here had it...but I don't know how many copies...I just grabbed the first one I saw and ran lol.

404not_found
10-03-2006, 10:36 PM
I was just at walmart and couldn't find it... :'( though I have to admit I didn't to look very long cause it was like 7 mins before closing when I got there so I may have missed it... but it wasn't with all the other new stuff. So I just got Evanescence... (which, BTW, is much better than I was expecting concidering Moody left)

Serenity
10-04-2006, 04:39 AM
I was just at walmart and couldn't find it... :'( though I have to admit I didn't to look very long cause it was like 7 mins before closing when I got there so I may have missed it... but it wasn't with all the other new stuff. So I just got Evanescence... (which, BTW, is much better than I was expecting concidering Moody left)

Heh, I just looked at Wal-Mart for the heck of it for the Skillet CD (as I'm still waiting for my pre-order) and there wasn't any sight of Skillet's CD. The Christian selection at our closest Wal-Mart is pitiful and so unoganized with Ron White CDs mixed in.

Oh and the new Evanescence CD is good. I too thought it wouldn't be worth picking up but I'm glad I did, I really like their new songs.

riz
10-04-2006, 04:59 AM
You were looking in the wrong place. There were quite a few Skillet CDs underneath the regular pop/rock section, at least by the Wal-Mart near where I live. So look in that area next time you're there, and you might find it.

zeroneff
10-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Lets start complanimg to the managers so this wont happen for the next album
I did......

terrasin
10-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Managers have nothing to do with it.

I'm glad the first press of the cd has been selling so well. I'll be interested to hear what the numbers are after the first week including the digital downloads.

CJ

Serenity
10-04-2006, 05:38 AM
You were looking in the wrong place. There were quite a few Skillet CDs underneath the regular pop/rock section, at least by the Wal-Mart near where I live. So look in that area next time you're there, and you might find it.

Well, I did that as well because I had the thought of maybe they mistook Skillet for some non-Christian band but I still didn't find it.

amodman
10-04-2006, 06:35 AM

Closing? Your Wal-Mart closes? Blasphemy.

I looked for Skillet just for fun at my Wal-Mart yesterday. Couldn't find it in the ever so small Christian section, but in the pop/rock section I found a lone Comatose disc sitting on the shelf...but no skillet heading. I don't know if it was misplaced and the skillet section is elsewhere, or if they hadn't made a heading for skillet yet and just stuck 'em in wherever and that was the last one, heh. Also, I bought The Reckoning. Good cd.

terrasin
10-04-2006, 07:31 AM
This is walmart we're talking about. They don't put anything in it's proper place. :P

I'm actually glad to see they didn't shove it in the Christian section. Though it should be on the new release shelf. :\

CJ

Starbucks5721
10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Closing? Your Wal-Mart closes? Blasphemy.

AMEN! 24/7!!

zeroneff
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Must be a small town walmart

amodman
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Must be a small town walmart

Small town wal-marts are the best. Big city ones are dirty and aggravating. I haven't actually seen a non 24/7 supercenter in...well, I don't even remember, haha. I'm smack in central IL. Trust me, all we have are small towns.

404not_found
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Well it is a small town but not that small (like 50,000 peeps if i remember correctly)... They're even planning to build another Walmart (possibly) in this other shopping center area they're currently working on.

Anyway, there are already 2 Walmarts within 15 miles of me and both close at 11... I didn't know walmart was even concidered a 24/7 store. I think the only thing thats opened past 11 around here is Denny's... everything else closes at 10 or 11

planet_kosmos
10-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Confession: I have never seen or been to a Walmart Store.

terrasin
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Confession: I have never seen or been to a Walmart Store.
That's cause you are in Australia where K-Mart still is a big player. Walmart has pretty much put K-Mart out of business here in the US. :P

CJ

neb0789
10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
wow, i think it's funny we're having a discussion about walmart, its all good

zeroneff
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Here in texas there is a walmart at least every 10 miles they even put one on front of our local HEB or (grocery store) and still profit!!!

Mabey thats why they did not have skillet...

unshakeable15
10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
If this continues, we might need to move this thread to Gen Discuss (and change the title to "Wal-Mart Madness").