terrasin
10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
To give some others ideas on how they can help promote the band, what have you done? How do you tell people?

CJ

LeShep
10-04-2006, 07:58 AM
well if ya hadnt know b4 I am a heavy gal and lotta junk in the trunk... I usually hate those jogging pants with sayings on them... well im a hypocrit.. I made some with Skillet on one cheek and Comatose on the other.
And went to town blaring collide(I know wrong cd)but dont have the new one as of yet.
And went to 2 walmarts and 2 Christain book stores requesting them getting the new cd.
I am also going to get Walmart super center to make me a shirt of Skillet(apic I took)and put Comatose on it too.

Stridergorn
10-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I put up a poster at a local guitar/drums shop. ;D

Starbucks5721
10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
well if ya hadnt know b4 I am a heavy gal and lotta junk in the trunk... I usually hate those jogging pants with sayings on them... well im a hypocrit.. I made some with Skillet on one cheek and Comatose on the other.

That is fantastic! XDDD

I put stickers on my car. I posted about it in every MySpace and LiveJournal post Ive made since September. I've been nonstop talking about it to everyone I meet :) I've made a few shirts, one that promotes Panheads and one for Comatose. And I emailed a couple of those far away radio stations requesting the new singles LOLOL

LeShep
10-04-2006, 12:12 PM
yeah I need some stickers... I would write it on my hubbys truck but I think it would be a problem...

BarlowgIRL
10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I put a sign on mine and my friend's locker about COmatose. And that's basically all I ever talk about anyway..All my friends knew that it came out!

ImaPunk4SkilleT
10-05-2006, 05:12 PM
mY MYspace is all skillet.. my room is all skillet.. I posted posters in my school everywhere.. and in my church

m_money618
10-05-2006, 05:41 PM
i told everyone i know and i put stickers on my mom's car:)

riz
10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
For me it's been word-of-mouth promotion-wise. This evening I've had two conversations when Skillet has come up during the discussion, the first person being a new-comer to them and wondering about the band's different styles relating to each record. The second person who I talked to actually listened to parts of Comatose and she adored it, and she talked about how spectacular this is in regards to symphonic rock and how many people love that type of music. She is a music composition major at my old uni, so I think that's a pretty high honour.

I've also told my sister about the record, and she's going to be buying it soon. And I have my pre-order that finally arrived, which will be given to some other friends of mine who I introduced to Skillet.

So yes, a big promoter tactic is word-of-mouth. It isn't posters or going to different record stores, but it's mightily effective. Then those people you talked to will talk to other people, and who knows how many others will be introduced to Comatose?

smasth_the_tv
10-10-2006, 08:47 AM
take sticky notes and write skillet on each and ever single one of them and make a post-it dress or what-ever....i dont do dresses but i do do military jakects....meh.....

LeShep
10-10-2006, 12:10 PM
cool idea :)

BarlowgIRL
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Skillet/internetshoes.jpg

Starbucks5721
10-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Those are the coolest pair of shoes I've ever seen!!!!!!

planet_kosmos
10-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Yes! I love them!

planet_kosmos
10-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Double Post! Do they come in my size?

unshakeable15
10-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Between AY and Collide, i got probably 6 or so friends into Skillet, or at least got them interested in certain songs, all through word of mouth like Riz.

I would write it on my hubbys truck but I think it would be a problem...
White board markers work magic on glass. :) i've used it a couple times on the bathroom mirror or a glass dish. Or just put signs in the window.

terrasin
10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Don't they also have that specially made coloured marker stuff for cars? Hmmmm *lightbulb*

CJ

BarlowgIRL
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Double Post! Do they come in my size?

if you send me a pair in your size they do! I made them and John tried to steal them!

planet_kosmos
10-15-2006, 10:35 PM
if you send me a pair in your size they do! I made them and John tried to steal them!

Lol! Just a little far to send my shoes....besides I'll grow out of them in a month or so...do you do bible verses as well? ;)

BarlowgIRL
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
yeah. but if you send it the opposite way it's close. Cause if you look at a map California is really close to Australia on one side. :)

what do you mean by bible verses?

planet_kosmos
10-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Memory verses, bible passages, etc.

DarkestRose
10-17-2006, 06:35 AM
I liked the shoes idea, so I used white-out and color highlighters to write "Skillet" on my boots. I also did the same to a pair of jeans with a sharpie marker and I added some lyrics and stuff.

BarlowgIRL
10-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Memory verses, bible passages, etc.

yeah but...on shoes? Hmm...never thought of that...

I Bite
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm planning on getting a tshirt(most likely black or some other dark color) and then going to the store and getting those iron-on letters, then printing Skillet on the front, and Comatose on the back...I might do some lyrics..I'm not sure; I haven't thot it all the way thru yet...

BarlowgIRL
10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
I like the lyrics idea. I am so doing that!

ImaPunk4SkilleT
10-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I played a song from comatose in my choir class .. and everyone loved it. This girl asked me where she could buy the cd and I told her and that following monday she came to me and told me she accepted the Lord. How amazing is that.. If that isnt awesome I dont know what is

LeShep
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
wow that is gr8

ImaPunk4SkilleT
11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I know.. It really is,..

planet_kosmos
11-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Yay! That is such good news! Seeing Skillet have an affect on people lives! Praise the Lord! I will pray that shall grow in the Lord.

DarkestRose
11-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I played a song from comatose in my choir class .. and everyone loved it. This girl asked me where she could buy the cd and I told her and that following monday she came to me and told me she accepted the Lord. How amazing is that.. If that isnt awesome I dont know what is

That is amazing. :D I am so excited to hear about how many people God is reaching through their music. It's just...wow.

bubblesemm
11-03-2006, 06:46 AM
to promote skillet,i wear the 8 shirts that i have of theirs like all of the time.i am also constantly talking talking about them,and i have their pics all over my room.also,in my locker i have a pic of them and their poster.i am obbessed,i know,but i mean,come on,they are awesome.

ImaPunk4SkilleT
11-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah God has blessed them so much. its awesome

Aaron Graves
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
i thorw skillet picks into the crowd when i play shows..

BarlowgIRL
11-19-2006, 01:54 PM
that's awesome! What do you play?

I am about this close to making skillet underwear. Seriously. Oh, and I was wearing my skillet socks with my skillet shoes and got called obsessed, like that's a bad thing!

dawn of light
11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
You should start up your own clothing line. I'd buy skillet undies from you!

BarlowgIRL
01-05-2007, 10:46 AM
w00t!
My mom doesn't go for that idea much though... But it would be so fun!

Joelle
01-23-2007, 05:09 AM
oh you know what'd be so funny. if you put this huge skillet undies over your pants and wore them to school and the mall and all that...i can picture it now haha

timmyrotter
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
here is what i have done.

www.myspace.com/panheads

LeShep
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
nice very nice page :)

BarlowgIRL
01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
oh you know what'd be so funny. if you put this huge skillet undies over your pants and wore them to school and the mall and all that...i can picture it now haha

what's really sad is that I can see me doing that...

alias
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
i'm pretty new to skillet's music, but oh man am i hooked. right now i just rock comatose everywhere i go and let everyone i know listen to it. their music is such a blessing to those that were hung up on secular music for so long (like me!).

SKGirl13
02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Personally, I asked my parents for the Comatose CD, then I transferred all the songs to my iPod, which I take to school everyday. So I make all my friends listen to it without telling them who it is (because one of my friends already knew about them and disliked them). Then I ask what they think, and if they like it, I tell them the band name & stuff... And make them like it more & more. ;]

BarlowgIRL
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I just get people at school hooked, who in turn get others hooked. I'm good!

breakthesilence
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
i pretty much tell everone about them and then act really surprised and shocked if they don't know who skillet is because then it makes them think they should know who they are, and then they will want to know who they are. okay maybe not but something close to that.

i've actually been wanting to make some shirts, i have some really cool ideas that i want to screen paint. i need to get some good paints and stuff though.

bob
03-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I walk down the street hitting people in the head with a frying pan. I have the words "Skillet.com" engraved onto the Skillet so it gets inmprinted into the person's head when I hit them. Its written backwards, of course, so people can read it in a mirror.

Drizzt
03-05-2007, 08:14 AM
You too? Only mine says: "Skillet...just listen"

That and I tell people :D

hollowface
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey, sorry for the obnoxious ignorant question, but i can't seem to find the official streetteam site....if someone would be so kind as to give me the url that would be amazing!! Thanks! :)

timmyrotter
03-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, sorry for the obnoxious ignorant question, but i can't seem to find the official streetteam site....if someone would be so kind as to give me the url that would be amazing!! Thanks! :)

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ASKED THAT!!! j/k kidding, the answer is................................................ .................................................. ............................There isnt one, that is probably why you cant find it. ;D

hollowface
03-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, wow. :) Thanks for the help then. So theres no streetteam manager or whatev that I could contact for promotional inqueries?

LeShep
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I walk down the street hitting people in the head with a frying pan. I have the words "Skillet.com" engraved onto the Skillet so it gets inmprinted into the person's head when I hit them. Its written backwards, of course, so people can read it in a mirror.

LOL love that.. silly silly man :evil:

Tanel
03-17-2007, 04:18 PM
I tell people about Skillet and have made Skillets community on Orkut http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=6817946 it has 124 members and growing!

timmyrotter
03-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, wow. :) Thanks for the help then. So theres no streetteam manager or whatev that I could contact for promotional inqueries?

there should be, and it should be me! maybe someday...

hollowface
03-17-2007, 06:32 PM
there should be, and it should be me! maybe someday...

lol, and why is that? (you being manager that is) :D I think I should be!!:afro: j/k though that would be very awesome. I have contacts whom we could make one ya know. That is of course Skillet actually wanted one (don't know why they don't have an official one already) ohs wells:)

bob
03-18-2007, 10:08 AM
lol, and why is that?

Because he's more devoted and a lot less lazy than any of us. :P

hollowface
03-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Because he's more devoted and a lot less lazy than any of us. :P

;D haha

JenniferAnn
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
So far i've done little creatively, but i posted a bulletin on my myspace and i've been talking about them non-stop to anyone who wont yell at me for talking too much. =p

I'll do what Gen did for the fliers, and i'll buy some merch and blast the speakers. I've already made a few friends listen to it and they're likin' it so far. =D

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 12:36 AM
When people talk about fliers, do we mean fliers promoting shows or their album? I've never seen a flier promoting an album to my knowledge. Maybe a poster.

bob
05-01-2007, 04:31 AM
I suppose one could make a flyer up by themselves to promote a show. Only problem for me is that there aren't any shows in my area. :P

Geneva
05-01-2007, 04:38 AM
I made some fliers to promote a show, but I haven't made any to promote the album.

JenniferAnn
05-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Lmfao, i'mma make some to hand out at my school for a show in New Hampshire. Not that anyone else i know would go to New Hampshire for Soul Fest with me. *shrugs* =p =]

timmyrotter
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
ill leave a link to the radio tool (http://www.buzztone.com/radio/?342)

BondageDuck
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
SWEET, Whispers In The Dark is the #1 played/requested song here in Albuquerque!!

Geneva
05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Awesome! That's really cool. :)

BondageDuck
05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I got so excited when I saw that!! And I also just found out that their show here with Decyfer Down in 2 weeks is almost sold out!!! :D

LeShep
05-03-2007, 08:16 PM
well my kids b-days are April and May and they have skating parties and u know what music they (my kids) asked for them to play?
So we go 2 hrs for the party and alot of the kids and parents ask about certain songs ... so we gladly tell them who they are and give them some links to buy the cd online if they dont have the cds locally.

So my kids are helping promote Skillet threw their parties :)
I know its not much but when u touch a person or a couple then they pass it along ... and most the parties are crowded by school friends and in classes its 30 kids. (not that all came to the party tho)

BondageDuck
05-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Anytime my phone rings it's Skillet. :) I have The Last Night, Those Nights, Rebirthing, Falling In The Black, & Whispers In The Dark as ringtones, & I have Comatose as a ringback tone. So if you call me, you hear Comatose, & if you're around me when my phone rings, you hear one of the other 5 songs I have on there. :D And almost every time someone goes, "I LOVE that song, who sings it?" And my job is done!

DarkestRose
05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
My phone has all Skillet (and Flyleaf) ringtones too. But nobody really calls me except my dad.

BondageDuck
05-13-2007, 11:31 AM
This is going to sound really weird, but it's actually a really effective way of promoting Skillet. I got bored yesterday & started writing on my arm, & making little doodles on my hands & such. Well, on my left arm I wrote: "This is the last night you'll spend alone / Look me in the eyes so I know you know / I'm everywhere you want me to be" I forgot about it & went to work. Every single person I talked to asked me what it meant & I got the chance to tell them about Skillet, & about their concert here on tuesday night!! Three of them went & bought tickets to the concert after I told them about it! So I'm going to start writing Skillet lyrics on my arms more often!!

Geneva
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Niice!

My friend did that once.

She had Skillet lyrics all over her arms and back and stuff. It was sweet. :P

Joelle
05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
hey cara. where do you get your ringtones from?

bob
05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
This is going to sound really weird, but it's actually a really effective way of promoting Skillet. I got bored yesterday & started writing on my arm, & making little doodles on my hands & such.

Once back in 10th grade I guess it was I wrote "Skillet rocks" all over my left arm. I tried it on my right arm, but I simply can't write with my left arm. :P It certainly does get stares though. :)

BondageDuck
05-13-2007, 10:31 PM
hey cara. where do you get your ringtones from?

Well I have Verizon & if you go to "Get It Now" you can search for Skillet. :)

timmyrotter
05-14-2007, 10:58 AM
from a radio forum i am a part of, RE: Skillet The Older I Get (CHR section) OMG I'm listening to this now!I HEART IT. This is def. going to be my next CD purchase. that is what i like to hear!

Geneva
05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Today I had my Confimation leader announce the upcomming Skillet concert.

:D

And I got my mom to start requesting The Older I Get.

Metalfrk012
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
i've been playing Skillet off my mp3 player in teh weight room at school (one of the other guys brought in a set of speakers), same w/ Demon Hunter, everyone loves 'em

LeShep
05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
yep cell phones with mp3 player are GREAT to have... It freaks my dad out tho hes all like a dang phone is supposed to RING not sing!!
but he does agree it good music... but unlikely hed be at a concert... well at least as far as he know till we get to Indiana for ProLife. One vehicle and 7 people..either he stays at the hotel or comes along for the PARTY!!

and momma likes the music till she finds out its "religious music"..she feels bad getting down to it, so now all i do is sit and watch her and not open my BIG mouth..then she get weary of me then yells its church music isnt it..then I grin and say does it sound like it...and she says Skillet didnt sound like church music either...and I had to laff cuz it was the Older Skillet cd....so now she just wont ask who it is, but will kinda groove to it unless she sees me watching.

so they like it but dont like the "label"..... crazy eh??

Metalfrk012
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
^yea i know what you mean..but my parents are all worried aout the names. Skillet, Kutless, Demon Hunter, my mom said she didn't want me listening to Demon Hunter just because of the name and style of music (she's never listened to them). and my dad hates rock altogether, im the oddball in my family when it comes to music. im the only one that listens to rock

bob
05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
What's wrong with then names "Skillet" and "Kutless"? :P

My Mom finally realized that I'll never grow tired of the 'noise' I listen to and she just accepted it for what it is: awesome. :)

Geneva
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Haha my mom loves Skillet.

=x

I Bite
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
my mom can't stand them. she pretty much leaves the room when i'm playing any of my music.

She says it gives her headaches.
and i just think, "you poor deprived person, not able to listen to Skillet."

DarkestRose
05-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I got my mom to listen to all the Skillet CDs. She bought Comatose. And I think she did like Invincible and their worship album. I don't think she liked the other albums as well, except for various songs, usually the more ballad-y ones.

BondageDuck
05-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say my Mom "loves" them, but she's been to two concerts with me & she really enjoyed them!

Geneva
05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
My mom goes to concerts with me. It's cool. :D

the rocker
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
My mom's got a list of bands I listen to that she likes too. It's Skillet, Hawk Nelson, FM Static I think..and another one. Can't remember.

JenniferAnn
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
My mom was so excited when I told her about Gen's concert and she and my dad now love Skillet. My dad "borrowed" my CD today. I want it back. =P

bob
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
My mom was so excited when I told her about Gen's concert and she and my dad now love Skillet. My dad "borrowed" my CD today. I want it back. =P

You don't have it uploaded to iTunes?

Geneva
05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Jenn's old school. :P

JenniferAnn
05-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I dont have iTunes. Lmfao. I'm listening on youtube right now until i get my CD back. I hope he didnt break it.
I do admit, i'm old school. I still listen to my parents' vinyl (but i mean, come on, last generation stuff can be pretty awesome), but atleast i know how to work a CD player. I dont have an Ipod, but my Dad.. well, he... has an interesting way of dealing with CDs. I should ask for it back right about now. =P

timmyrotter
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
i wasnt sure where to post this, but this thread is as good as any. just a few minutes ago, i was helping a customer at my coffee shop, and i was wearing a Skillet shirt. and she said "is that shirt like Skillet the band?" i said "yes" she was like "no way, they are still around? i listened to 'Hey you I Love your Soul' religiously back in high school" anyways i thought that was cool.

LeShep
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM
yup tis cool

BarlowgIRL
06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
aw that's awesome! I'm gonna be starting cosmetology on Tuesday so I'll probally tag my cart with a bunch of Skillet stuff. And wear my shirts, and randomly bust out in their songs like I usually do....;D

Anyway, When Comatose came out I had a poster on the front of my locker telling people to go buy the CD. It gradually made it to the inside of my locker so whenever I open it and a friend is around they always ask me why it's still there if the CD came out already; my reply is that it still kicks butt so they should go buy it...

V-Ball Queen 32
06-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I have skillet on my myspace so whoever looks at it sees my favorite band! i don't have any T-shirts or anything yet so i'm saving money for that ...

BarlowgIRL
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Since I don't have myspace I have them here (http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/?controller=viewer&id=2943519&action=index)

Geneva
06-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Some random kids instant messaged me the other day and invited me to a chat.

I was like, "Hey, check out Skillet."

And then I told them not to talk to people they didn't know because they could be rapists. =x

They ended up liking Skillet, so it was pretty cool.

bob
06-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Some random kids instant messaged me the other day and invited me to a chat.

I was like, "Hey, check out Skillet."

And then I told them not to talk to people they didn't know because they could be rapists. =x

They ended up liking Skillet, so it was pretty cool.

So rapists like Skillet? :D

Geneva
06-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Haha I suppose they do!

JenniferAnn
06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
haha, G, when was this, dear? =P

I have Whispers In The Dark on my myspace, my cousins heard it and bought the CD, and i've been ranting to anyone who'll listen, as well as playing the CD for all my friends and a few songs for my religion teacher who now loves them. Plus my rad Skillet shirt (THANK YOU G!!! =D<33) and the fact i'm saving for more. And i'm kinda makin' all my friends listen on facebook and whatnot. =]

Geneva
06-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Like, two nights ago. I think it was Anissa's friend or something. :-X

Joelle
06-13-2007, 06:14 PM
let's see who can think of the most outrageous idea to promote skillet..and actually do it!! and prove it with pictures!! hmm..im thinking i might make some skillet underwear and put them over my pants and walk the streets and sing their songs or something!!

BondageDuck
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Haha, I think that is an amazing idea!!

Geneva
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Today, I rode around on my bike in the pouring rain, wearing a Skillet shirt.

I wasn't really promoting anything, but when you ride your bike in the rain, people notice.

Joelle
06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
today i walked around in the boiling heat wearing my skillet shirt ;) people are bound to notice :)

Lyle
06-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I use this Signature on all of the forums I'm at.
Altho usually it is a picture and there is a link to www.skillet.com

Geneva
06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
My cousin played Skillet music for the people on her church mission trip. They liked it. :)

Proudwarrior
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I babble nonstop about them to my friends. I also told some of people on the internets about them!