theelectric3
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Check it out. (http://www.hearitfirst.com/playa)

the video is the best ever, hands down.

and the interviews are great.

:afro:

Gryphenix
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Indeed, what a rockin video. Also, it focused more on the meaning of the song. I like it very much.

amodman
10-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Hrm...not a fan of the video. Love the song, but the video is...meh. It's like the Flyleaf "I'm So Sick" video. A bunch of random nonesense that isn't that interesting or cool to me...I really liked the "Savior" one they did for Collide. I hope the "Whispers" one is better.

JohnnyRocker
10-04-2006, 02:59 PM
What about the video is a "bunch of random nonsense"? Most, if not all of it, plays into the meaning behind the song. I can't see anything that doesn't.

amodman
10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
What about the video is a "bunch of random nonsense"? Most, if not all of it, plays into the meaning behind the song. I can't see anything that doesn't.

Because you're trying to read into it. Oh, look, a crowd of people, and John. And there some water, followed by John again. Looks like maybe a cocoon of sorts? Oh, wait, we're back to John. Crap and a half this video is boring.

Once was enough...for me. I don't think I'm being overly critical. If a music video doesn't entertain me, I don't watch it. "Rebirthing" didn't do it for me.

planet_kosmos
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
I loved the video and think Skillet has done a good job at it.

Mikhail
10-04-2006, 03:16 PM
cool video8)

MAJTwister
10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Wow...very well done. The cinematograpy is great add life to the video. Most videos that just show the band playing I'm not a fan of, but this was very impressive!

theelectric3
10-04-2006, 03:29 PM
i like all the symbolic images. i don't have to overanalyze the video to get meaning from it.

but to each his own.

zeroneff
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
WOW the best

john looks so scary

Luke_USA
10-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Excellent!

404not_found
10-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Its cool... but I don't I'd really care to watch it again... it was a bit boring... I don't think it was a bunch of random non-sense but I do wish the images were a bit clearer... and maybe not jump back to the band so fast? I dunno, I liked it though... the editing was very good IMO...

st1_Lord
10-04-2006, 04:44 PM
As much as I love the song Rebirthing, I have to agree that it just wasn't up to par with the Savior video. I think there were two main problems with it. One, the atmosphere they were playing in didn't draw the eye. The plain white room seemed boring. Also the flashes to other things were too short to identify fully the relationship and progression with the video. Also, because they were short and colorful they drew the eye to the plainness of the room. It was still a very cool video, but not as good as the Savior video. On the AP scale I give it a 7. Very Strong but with an obvious flaw.

I do agree that the interviews are amazing. Much better than previous interviews I've seen.

Paulishdog
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
The Savior video was well done... but I didn't like it. I'll have to see a clearer version of Rebirthing before I can say for sure... but I think Best Kept Secret is still my favorite music video. But I do really like the new one. For once, watching the band perform through most of the video didn't make me yawn. I'd still perfer more of a story.

Starbucks5721
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I LOVE how they used the windows...

rkcguitar
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I loved the video. I liked how the images and motion of the cameras tied into the message of the song. Music videos don't have to be a short movie to get the message across. If you want that then go watch Green Day, haha. I think this video really did get the message of the song across. Watching it kind of made me dizzy though, lol. I'll have to wait a few minutes before I watch it again, but great job on the video guys!!! I can't wait to see the one for Whispers in the Dark.

neb0789
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
well, its different from anything else that i've seen, and i guess that's skillet's trademark, awesome job! thanks for the link!

BondageDuck
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
For me, I think this was the best video since Best Kept Secret. I thought it was very symbolic & the imagery was incredible. Very well done IMO. And that first interview is great..."you have to do the foot when you say SHREDDING!...I don't know why." :D

Maugrim
10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I loved the whole gothic look of "Best Kept Secret" and the whole setting and concept was atmospheric and mysterious. And shattering glass is just fun to look at, haha.

Rebirthing is well done...just not my favorite. I'm more into "eye-candy" music videos with interesting settings and not just the band playing, but that's not to say I didn't like this one. The most passionate part of this video, as well as the song, is when Ben breaks into that solo, and then John and Korey break into the bridge for the second time with beautiful harmony, "Tell me when I'm gonna live again, tell me when I'm gonna breathe you in." I love it!

flame_boi
10-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I loved the rebirthing video it was worth the wait, and I think skillet have done a fantastic job of it :)-flame_boi

DarkestRose
10-05-2006, 12:20 AM
I like the Rebirthing video. I particularly the symbolism that the video featured. It was very abstract and metaphorical. That all was quite fascinating.

Also, John’s eyes looked pretty cool.

DarkestRose
10-05-2006, 12:29 AM
that first interview is great..."you have to do the foot when you say SHREDDING!...I don't know why." :D

I LOVE that part. ;D

Tanel
10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
The interview rowked! But the video was just cool, nothing too special, but still cool.

zeroneff
10-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I wanted to see more Lori
It would also be cool to see a story with this
Ben's solo looks like the one from AY
we saw more of Ben
Final Score
5 out of 5
Be happy for skillet remeber the last album was done in 2003...

Starbucks5721
10-05-2006, 03:33 PM
John + eyeliner + rockin' singing = <3

whereami
10-05-2006, 05:19 PM
mmm, video was ok. it felt to incohesive to me, there was no real recurring theme to it, it was just like someone was trying out all the different effects they could do each for like 2 seconds. nothing tied in. ohwell, it was still preatty rockin.

neb0789
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
the only thing i didn't particularly like was that you never got to look at what you were watching for very long, then they were on another person or a different angle or something. awesome video, just wished it wasn't jumping all over the place

JohnnyRocker
10-05-2006, 07:49 PM
My favorite shot in the video is when they show Lori's drum kit from the side and you can see the horizon of the Earth through the windows. That's an awesome shot!

DarkestRose
10-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I kind of like the part when there was the one kid keyboarding and all those hands start coming from in and around the computer. It was kind of creepy to me at first, but cool. So I like that part.

riz
10-05-2006, 09:44 PM
^ that part reminded me of The Ring a little bit, except without Samara.

DarkestRose
10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
^ that part reminded me of The Ring a little bit, except without Samara.

Me too! :D

dawn of light
10-06-2006, 07:18 AM
I really liked the interviews. I as really glad that John addressed the "christian band" vs. "band with christians" issue. It's good to hear and confirm that they'll never let anything become more important than Jesus.

neb0789
10-06-2006, 09:53 AM
yeah, i've heard alot of opinions on that issue too, and john made it make so much sense.

Luke_USA
10-06-2006, 04:45 PM
My only question on the Rebirthing video is, is there any way to download it? Try as I might, I've not been able to so far.

TheFireBreathes
10-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Because you're trying to read into it. Oh, look, a crowd of people, and John. And there some water, followed by John again. Looks like maybe a cocoon of sorts? Oh, wait, we're back to John. Crap and a half this video is boring.

Once was enough...for me. I don't think I'm being overly critical. If a music video doesn't entertain me, I don't watch it. "Rebirthing" didn't do it for me.

a cocoon? that's right.

"...I lie here lifeless
In this cocoon
Shedding my skin cause
I'm ready to..."

-----

I loved the video. The cinematography was unique and always came in at different angles. I honestly like when film/music videos show those quick "subliminal" type shots. It keeps you guessing and usually when images are moving fast, my heart starts to move faster. I don't know how that video could bore anyone.

It was intersesting during every few shots lori's back and her drums were facing the camera. And then it would switch back. I wonder who's idea that was lol.

One of my favorite videos that a lot of those quick shots and really makes you think is The Best Of You by Foo Fighters. Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_p1A7WVNs

LeShep
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM
John + eyeliner + rockin' singing = <3

totally agree:-*

bballplaya4814
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
In the words of Napoleon Dynamite "FREAKIN SWEET!!" lol liked the vid, by the way why did my thread about the lyric booklet thing get deleted. Another person said they didn't like the album and their thread didn't get deleted!!

saulg
10-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Well... it's better than AY lol

DarkestRose
10-09-2006, 11:22 PM
I really liked the interviews. I as really glad that John addressed the "christian band" vs. "band with christians" issue. It's good to hear and confirm that they'll never let anything become more important than Jesus.

I really liked the interview, especially for how they touched on that issue. I found John to be very candid and I truly do believe that Skillet isn't going to be a band that "sells out" or become ineffective in their message. I think their passion for God has been apparent for years and that He has been moving the band toward having a desire to helping others who would be untouched by the Christian market. So I am really enthused for what the band is doing because I find that everything they are doing is rooted in Jesus.

Luke_USA
10-10-2006, 10:35 PM
The great thing about the "Rebirthing" vidoe is that there are so many visual effects that one isn't likely to see all of them the first time. Every time I watch it I pick up on something new that helps explain why they created the vidoe the way they did.

DarkestRose
10-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah. I've watched the video a few times to see some of the effects I missed since they are so fast, almost subliminal. I just noticed, the last few times, the orange sunset behind Ben during his solo and that is one of my favorite parts of the video. Man, this video is neat!

Tanel
10-11-2006, 06:40 AM
The video for Rebirthing is now up on tvulive, vote for it!

http://tvulive.com/tmw.htm

unshakeable15
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I kind of like the part when there was the one kid keyboarding and all those hands start coming from in and around the computer. It was kind of creepy to me at first, but cool. So I like that part.
That made me think of the Grudge, personally, though you'd think it would be the Ring instead, since i've seen that one and not Grudge.

But i still like it even if it freaks me out for a couple seconds. :)

jmagicwolf
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
So I love the Rebirthing video. What's the symbolism of the person on the computer? I'd really be interested in knowing what relevance it has.:afro:

kittygirl
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
this I know from seeing them last week:the person on the computer symbolizes our culture. How we're so 'connected' to everything, but now to anyone
we are plugged into our computers, ipods, video games, YouTube, movies, music, mp3's, tv, etc. But we aren't connected first off with Christ, and secondly with our family and friends

aliensoul_squire20
10-14-2006, 07:38 AM
I didn't know about this video. I knew they'd make it, but didn't know it was out. I gotta watch it.

Audio-Slave
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
It was a darn great choice for a single. It made me fall in love with Skillet all over again!

aliensoul_squire20
10-15-2006, 03:52 AM
where can i watch the video?

Audio-Slave
10-15-2006, 06:17 AM
where can i watch the video?
youtube.com Search Skillet Rebirthing. It should come up.

Starbucks5721
10-15-2006, 07:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni61iHH6RcY

aliensoul_squire20
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
thank you.

Arg, can't watch it at school because the computer doesn't have the flash player required for it..... :'( I guess I'll just have to watch it at home after waiting 1/2hour+ for it to load.......

Starbucks5721
10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
ewwww. dial-up?

blindside
10-16-2006, 06:07 PM
did the wispers in the dark video already come out? if so link?

DarkestRose
10-22-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't think Whispers is out yet.

neb0789
10-22-2006, 09:16 AM
i can't wait for whispers, i want to see ben's shredding guitar solo!

alienyouth9292
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
i liked the rebirthing video, but i do hope that the "whispers" is better....

TheFireBreathes
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Does the band get any input on the video and themes of it? Or is it up to the production?

DarkestRose
10-24-2006, 09:16 AM
I think it's a little bit of both, but I'm not sure.

unshakeable15
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
i think the Director and Co. get an idea for the video, but the band has to approve it. Generally (there will always be exceptions).

Starbucks5721
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
i can't wait for whispers, i want to see ben's shredding guitar solo!

WHISPERS IN THE DARK MUSIC VIDEO IS FINALLY UP ON SKILLET'S SITE!!!!

neb0789
10-28-2006, 08:20 AM
i love it, i must say it is better than the rebirthing video!