timmyrotter
10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
third article down, subject to change though.

http://www.billboard.biz/bb/biz/magazine/music/index.jsp

http://www.vnuemedia.com/bb/login/login_subscribe.jsp?id=HkzkwiNFFSENWCNfh6yWsLz6Xpz 5LMmcfgghELuBSWAb9fJWJxLObfjN6I4z4T0rKo3A%2Fe9iO2t FxN%2FAQV1Clky%2FcbYu53k3qEvXrTcywH5mJIq9AXFcAWXX0 Xk63YeYV8yWBwf105NN0wUsjVDkE2w3No%2BllXhUIHwphiPKG sT08XdeewsAUaS451gFRR9xV5Gvmxs1FXhT6Gwx5DC0IwhGm18 W0ezBXW5VPWEUVj%2FjcdFD20f5Z9aGRyiLcHhMlnH9py66TDF %2BHBcICovy%2FiZsgqI73Jtn

timmyrotter
10-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Comatose also debut at #26 on the billboard top 200.

Starbucks5721
10-10-2006, 08:30 AM
That's not bad right there...^_^

terrasin
10-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Good find. Glad they are getting good reviews.

CJ

Starbucks5721
10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Hm, can you c&p the articles? I can't read them because apparently I have to pay to have a username...

timmyrotter
10-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Here is the headline. billbord does require a 20$ a month subscription for much of its content. i dont have a subscription, bu here is what i am seeing.

Skillet's new Atlantic/Lava/Ardent/SRE CD, "Comatose," is anything but a subdued sleeper. The first mainstream single, "Whispers in the Dark," was the second most-added song at active rock radio the week of Sept. 19.

SKILLET SIZZLES WITH 'COMATOSE'
October 14, 2006 -DEBORAH EVANS PRICE

* The first Christian single, "Rebirthing," has already hit No. 1 on the Christian rock chart of Billboard's sister publication R&R.
* When the band entered Chicago Recording with producer Brian Howes (Hinder, Closure) last spring, Atlantic head of A&R Andy Karp challenged the members to make their own "Hysteria," referencing the landmark 1987 Def Leppard album.
* Karp says the goal was a record with five or six singles on it, where the album tracks are better than most people's singles . . .

timmyrotter
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
UPDATE:

Okay, so i found the review thing. its the most exciting one yet. compared to Led Zepplin though? strange, overeaction maybe...

Christian rock band Skillet eyes mainstream fans

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Christian rock band Skillet wants to expand into the mainstream market with an album that examines such topics as teen suicide and self-mutilation.

"Comatose," Skillet's seventh album, supplies hard rock anthems alongside radio-friendly ballads. Singer John Cooper also explores his turbulent relationship with his father.

The band started eyeing mainstream outlets with its previous effort, "Collide," which was picked up by Atlantic Records' Lava Records unit and sold 203,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"When we made 'Collide,"' Cooper says, "there was a shift from writing lyrics about my relationship with God to writing lyrics about relationships that all kinds of people are dealing with, not just what the Christians feel, but all people feel."

Comprising Cooper on vocals and bass; his wife, Korey, on keyboards; Ben Kasica on guitar; and Lori Peters on drums, Skillet launched 10 years ago in Memphis, but is now based in Kenosha, Wis. The band began its career on Ardent/ForeFront Records, recording three albums -- including 2001's "Alien Youth," which sold 133,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

When the members started the "Comatose" sessions last spring, their Atlantic rep Andy Karp challenged them to make their own "Hysteria," referencing the landmark 1987 Def Leppard release. Karp says the goal was "a record with five or six singles on it, where the album tracks are better than most people's singles . . . I think they hit the mark."

Cooper cites "Hysteria" as one of his favorite albums.

"That was the goal, to make a record where every song on that record was really awesome. Today's records are more about singles than entire albums."

Because Cooper says the members never wanted to abandon its Christian fans, Ardent will distribute the new album to Christian outlets, while Atlantic is handling mainstream outlets.

The first single targeted at the secular market, "Whispers in the Dark," was the second most-added song at active rock radio the week of Sept. 19. The first Christian single, "Rebirthing," has already hit No. 1 on the Christian rock chart of Billboard's sister publication R&R.

Karp sees Skillet carrying forward the legacy of legendary Atlantic rock acts like Led Zeppelin, Genesis and Yes. "All of those acts . . . took a long time to develop," Karp says. "Skillet has paid their dues, and I think the time is now."

Reuters/Billboard

10/10/06 02:42 © Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.

neb0789
10-11-2006, 04:44 PM
thanks for the info timmy, i'm liking all the good reviews

Starbucks5721
10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
oooh, that WAS a good one!

DarkestRose
10-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I think it is AWESOME that they are getting such a positive response.

theelectric3
10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
some more good news:

Grammy®-nominated band SKILLET seized over 18k scans this week, entering the Billboard overall Christian soundscan chart at No. 3 and an impressive entry on the Billboard Top 200 chart at No. 55 for the critically acclaimed project COMATOSE.

In addition, the album debuted on the itunes overall album chart at No. 19 last week, was its No. 6 best-selling rock album, and was the No. 1 selling Christian Digital album of the week.

"Rebirthing” has been the No.1 Christian Rock song for three consecutive weeks, and the song has been building at Christian CHR (No. 22 this week). “Whispers In the Dark” has been the second most added single its first week and also No. 15 on XM Satellite Radio’s Rock chart.

timmyrotter
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Comatose also debut at #26 on the billboard top 200.

i got this info form an bllboard affiliated site... hmm... of well i suppose #55 will have to do

st1_Lord
10-14-2006, 05:53 PM
argg... Whispers was pushed off the Active rock charts :(

aliensoul_squire20
10-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Yay! Skillet's getting lot's of great reviews. This rocks. and they way "Whispers" got up there so quick is amazing.

Starbucks5721
10-15-2006, 06:53 AM
argg... Whispers was pushed off the Active rock charts :(

meaning???? it's not going to be played anymore?

st1_Lord
10-15-2006, 10:11 AM
It was on the top 40 active rock chart before. It just got pushed off.

DarkestRose
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
So do you just vote and it goes back up or something? haha...I have no clue about anything related to charts and radio and whatever.

st1_Lord
10-16-2006, 12:33 PM
You would have to request it. Its based on number of plays on stations that have an "active rock" format.

DarkestRose
10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how does one know if a radio station has an "active rock" format? I never listen to the radio, so...

timmyrotter
10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
these are the active rock stations.

KATS-FM - Yakima, WA
KATT-FM - Oklahoma City, OK
KAZR-FM - Des Moines, IA
KBER-FM - Salt Lake City, UT
KBPI-FM - Denver-Boulder, CO
KBRE-FM - Merced, CA
KDJE-FM - Little Rock, AR
KDOT-FM - Reno, NV
KEYJ-FM - Abilene, TX
KFMW-FM - Waterloo-Cedar Falls, IA
KFMX-FM - Lubbock, TX
KFRQ-FM - McAllen-Brownsville-Harlingen, TX
KHTB-FM - Salt Lake City, UT
KHTQ-FM - Spokane, WA
KICT-FM - Wichita, KS
KILO-FM - Colorado Springs, CO
KIOZ-FM - San Diego, CA
KISS-FM - San Antonio, TX
KISW-FM - Seattle-Tacoma, WA
KLAQ-FM - El Paso, TX
KLFX-FM - Killeen-Temple, TX
KNCN-FM - Corpus Christi, TX
KOMP-FM - Las Vegas, NV
KQRC-FM - Kansas City, MO
KRAB-FM - Bakersfield, CA
KRBR-FM - Duluth-Superior, MN-WI
KRQR-FM - Chico, CA
KRXQ-FM - Sacramento, CA
KRZR-FM - Fresno, CA
KTEG-FM - Albuquerque, NM
KUFO-FM - Portland, OR
KUPD-FM - Phoenix, AZ
KURQ-FM - San Luis Obispo, CA
KXFX-FM - Santa Rosa, CA
KXXR-FM - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
KZCD-FM - Lawton, OK
KZRQ-FM - Springfield, MO
Music Choice Rock - Satellite
SIOC-ST - Satellite
WAAF-FM - Boston, MA
WAMX-FM - Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY
WAZU-FM - Columbus, OH
WBSX-FM - Wilkes Barre-Scranton, PA
WBUZ-FM - Nashville, TN
WBYR-FM - Ft. Wayne, IN
WBZX-FM - Columbus, OH
WCCC-FM - Hartford-New Britain-Middletown, CT
WCHZ-FM - Augusta, GA
WCLG-FM - Morgantown-Clarksburg-Fairmont, WV
WCPR-FM - Biloxi-Gulfport-Pascagoula, MS
WEBN-FM - Cincinnati, OH
WGBF-FM - Evansville, IN
WHBZ-FM - Sheboygan, WI
WHDR-FM - Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, FL
WIIL-FM - Chicago, IL
WIXO-FM - Peoria, IL
WIYY-FM - Baltimore, MD
WJJO-FM - Madison, WI
WJXQ-FM - Lansing-East Lansing, MI
WKGB-FM - Binghamton, NY
WKLL-FM - Utica-Rome, NY
WKLQ-FM - Grand Rapids, MI
WKQZ-FM - Saginaw-Bay City-Midland, MI
WLZX-FM - Springfield, MA
WMMS-FM - Cleveland, OH
WNOR-FM - Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA
WQXA-FM - Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle, PA
WRAT-FM - Monmouth-Ocean, NJ
WRBR-FM - South Bend, IN
WRIF-FM - Detroit, MI
WRTT-FM - Huntsville, AL
WRUF-FM - Gainesville-Ocala, FL
WRXR-FM - Chattanooga, TN
WRXW-FM - Jackson, MS
WTFX-FM - Louisville, KY
WTKX-FM - Pensacola, FL
WTPT-FM - Greenville-Spartanburg, SC
WWBN-FM - Flint, MI
WWWX-FM - Appleton-Oshkosh, WI
WXQR-FM - Greenville-New Bern-Jacksonville, NC
WXTB-FM - Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
WXZZ-FM - Lexington-Fayette, KY
WYBB-FM - Charleston, SC
WYSP-FM - Philadelphia, PA
WYYX-FM - Panama City, FL
WZBH-FM - Salisbury-Ocean City, MD
WZOR-FM - Green Bay, WI
XSQU-ST - Satellite

DarkestRose
10-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Only one for Oregon? That's a bummer.

neb0789
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
there aren't any for South Dakota... this is a lousy state

DarkestRose
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
there aren't any for South Dakota... this is a lousy state

You should request in Oregon then because I'm not too good and figuring out the station's website. I've no idea how to request anything except on TVU.

timmyrotter
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
to request you need to call in!!! do it, it will help, i promise! i talked to Oats last night and he said that Portland's station added whispers in the dark. witch is good, they never added savior. whispers needs help now so request it!

And jennifer, im not sure what part of oregon you live in, but the portland one is 101.1 fm and there is also one, alothough not listed in Eugene-corvallis-springfield area. you can request there!

DarkestRose
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
You have to call? That's a bummer. I have some social anxiety issues about phones. I might have to have do undergo a battle of willpower for that, but I have a resolve to request them. So that’ll be interesting.

timmyrotter
10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
go to kufo.com and email the dj's. :)

terrasin
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Go figure. A few stations in Pa and none of them are around me. Growl.

CJ

DarkestRose
10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
go to kufo.com and email the dj's. :)

:D That sounds so much cooler. :D