planet_kosmos
10-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Post verses about Giving here and thank Lisa for the idea to start this thread.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

weebird20
10-11-2006, 03:20 AM
thanks Lisa!!! *hugs*

Leviticus 19:9-10 ‘When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the LORD your God.'

2 Corinthians 9:7 'So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.'

dawn of light
10-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Great thread idea Lisa!

Malachi 3:10
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,
Says the LORD of hosts,

If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.

lamb_servant72
10-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks, guys! I love these verses. I remember the good old days when I had time to post and start my on threads.:D (But I love my job and the work He has called me to do!) Thanks p_k for getting this going!;D

Luke 3: 9 Even now the ax of God's judgment is poised, ready to sever your roots. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire." 10 The crowd asked, "What should we do?" 11 John replied, "If you have two coats, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry."

lamb_servant72
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
James 2
2:15
If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
2:16
and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?