aliensoul_squire20
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Okay, here's the deal. A few years back, my mom had both knees replaced, at different times months apart. Well, she was off work for a while because of that, and she's just now catching up on bills and stuff. And now my brother's in college, so that's more money to pay, and her insurance went up a lot because my brother got his lisence. And over all she's under a lot of stress because of work and personal things that I won't go into

Well, recently, there's been a lot of problems with the car. Just about a month ago, the gasket on the oil was bad. After a few times taking the car in and getting it checked, and speding more money than necessary, they 'fixed' it. Well, the car broke down today, the oil was low (which it shouldn't have been if they fixed that problem), there's wiring problems, and they said the engine is bad. And the car isn't really old, probably 5 years old. I dunno if that's concidered old or not, i'm no expert.

So, in all, the odds are that a new engine will probably have to be put in, or, my mom will have to get a new car. Either of those will be really expensive to pay for.

So, I just ask for prayer that God will get us through this, and that hopefully fixing the car won't cost too much, although I have no doubts that it will cost more than it's worth to. And pray that God will comfort my mom through all this.

lamb_servant72
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Jacob, your mom has done a wonderful job raising the two of you. I know God will provide. I was a single mom once; God amazed me over and over with His provision.

I shared some of that here, if you want to read about some specific ways God provided:

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4172

Right now I want to pray for your mom.

Father, I lift up Jacob's mom to You. I pray that You will completely heal her knees. I pray You will pour out financial blessing for college costs. I ask that You would bless them with a new car. I pray You will give all three of them peace.
I ask that You will keep Jacob on all of our hearts, so that we will continue to lift him and his family up in prayer during this time.

aliensoul_squire20
10-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks.

Well, bout the car. The wiring problem was solved. And it was rather stupid. The problem with the wiring was caused by 2 pennies falling into the cigarette lighter after my mom removed her phone charger, causing a short and fuses to blow.

I don't know what else is wrong. The poeple that looked at it said they found nothing else wrong with it. Which is weird, because they said that the engine is weak.

The people she took it to is a place where she's taken it for years, but recently, my mom just feels like they aren't doing right. It's confusing.

Once again, thank you very much for your prayer.

lamb_servant72
10-15-2006, 01:18 AM
I know of ministries where single moms can take their cars and have tune-ups, oil changes, etc. free of charge. I wonder if some of the churches in your anti-stalker location have anything like that.

I'm still praying God will send her a new car!

aliensoul_squire20
10-15-2006, 03:57 AM
Never heard of anything like that....:(

anti-stalker..... haha. Tiny little town in NY.

Shattered_Life
11-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, it's good to hear things are getting sorted out with the stuff that's been going on. I see the thread hasn't been updated since October 15th...how have things been going? If you want to talk PM me.

aliensoul_squire20
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh, I spaced on this topic.

My mom took it to the Dodge garage in Hornell, NY where she got it. and they hooked their computer up to it, and it said something was wrong with the crank sensor. They got it in at 11:45 AM (which was right soon after she got there) and it was fixed by 12:05.

The car's been running since, no problems. Thanks for praying.

i just hope my mom gets a little relief from stress after this. She's been going to a Bible study for a few weeks now, so I really think that's helping her. And she's trying to get involved with the church here in town, so I think that's helping her out a little.

Once again, thanks for prayers.

love~addict
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
well im glad shes doing better jacob...im still keeping her in my prayers..that she wont be as stressed and everything will just..in away go smoother money wise...and problems with everything...i hope you know what im trying to say...and if not just know you guys are in my prayers

love in Christ~aly

aliensoul_squire20
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Somehow, I think i understand what you're saying. lol

Thank you very much.

lamb_servant72
11-08-2006, 12:20 PM
That is wonderful news, Jacob! I haven't forgotten to pray for your family. How is your brother's college coming?

aliensoul_squire20
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
His grades are pretty good, and he's pretty happy there, compared to being home. He'd rather be at school because he's sick of this town and all the bad memories from high school and the druggies. I understand where he's coming from.

But, he's kinda stressed and angry now. I don't know why, all he said was it's personal. So, if you would pray for that to ease on him, that'd be cool.