kelce20
10-12-2006, 02:52 AM
Miss the ripping sound of "Collide"... hopes it comes back soon.
I am about to wear the CD out.

terrasin
10-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Skillet hasn't made a cd yet that sounded like another. Comatose is more like Collide than any other cd, but I doubt you will hear them do the same exact style again.

CJ

Ricky1
10-12-2006, 07:39 AM
So true. If you're hoping that Collide comes back, you're out of luck. Skillet is the one band in existence today that constantly changes its sound--nothing they've ever done sounds like anything else they've ever done; it's one of the bands coolest attrivutes, and the one that has given them such a big fan base.

So, sorry to you, but props to Skillet for tryin so hard to not be monotonous.

theelectric3
10-12-2006, 01:56 PM
wait until you see them in concert. the rock has not left. just developed. :afro:

drummer_punk82
10-12-2006, 02:11 PM
"theelectric3" hit the nail on the head with her post. I've seen Skillet 5 or 6 times in concert and no words can describe how much they rock. The energy the band pocesses is unbelievable. Its almost like they were born to rock. Maybe they were...

As for the question though, like everyone has been saying there is little to no chance another Skillet album will sound just like "Collide". Every album surprises ya. One of the reasons I almost greatly disliked "Comatose" was because of how different it was from Collide. Comatose is an album you have to give some time to to really appreciate. After at least 3-5 listens, you'll start hearing how much it really does rock. Not like Collide's raw, unrefined sound. More like a solid, deep, powerful type instead... if that makes any sense.

theelectric3
10-12-2006, 02:19 PM
...you'll start hearing how much it really does rock. Not like Collide's raw, unrefined sound. More like a solid, deep, powerful type instead...

i like that.

i've already said it, but each album takes the best of what Skillet has to offer and then expands it from there. always improving.

Unregistered
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
The only thing I hope for is that they get back to a harder hedge instead of this pop rock stuff. :/

Luke_USA
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
After at least 3-5 listens, you'll start hearing how much it really does rock. Not like Collide's raw, unrefined sound. More like a solid, deep, powerful type instead... if that makes any sense.

That's definitely true. Comatose certainly does "rock" - maybe not like Collide does, but it does nevertheless, in a very strong way, just like you said.

rkcguitar
10-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Yea, Comatose does rock in it's own way. Just like every Skillet album. They're unique in their own way. Collide rocked my face off and still does. Comatose does the same thing, just not the way Collide does. If that makes sense at all, lol. Orginality is a ghost town in the music industry nowadays. Bands seem to copy other bands. That's why Skillet changes it up all the time so the audience would hear something that they may not have heard before.