kittygirl
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
This isn't meant to be an angry thread, it's a little sad.
But I am getting tired of us as Christians treating other people badly because they don't fit a certain scene.
I mean, we are supposed to be different than the world.

Living for the scene, and having art for art's sake is futile. We have a greater purpose than that, and we're not living how God wants us to live if we're making that our idol.

People are multifacited, and acting like a little kid because someone may *actually* like a band, or a genre that isn't a stereotype is completely ignorant.

James 4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?

The desire to be 'cool.' At all costs. Treating someone like crap because you don't want them to cramp your style. That is being the same as the world. I'm sorry, but saying "I can't stand those preps!" is exactly the same as someone who didn't claim to be a Christian.

So...what?
Yes...so music is a part of your life. As it is in most people's lives. But still, [i]why[i] do you listen to it?
Is it because it is a quote on quote "Christian Alternative" for _______. Or do you really believe it?

Are you really serious about your faith?
Not in yourself, but in God. There is a serious lack of friendship with God in the church, and it effects every area of your life. From God, all blessings flow. You need to get real with God.

skilletfreak101
10-15-2006, 05:07 PM
yeah i don't follow the stupid "scene" of the world. i don't try to be cool, i just act like who i really am and who God made me to be

Vuren
11-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Agreed, i'll listen to the music i like and i really don't care what you think, and i know that i'll take hits from people because i do have things like 12 stones or skillet in my car(next to say a London After Midnight, VNV Nation or Nine Inch Nails album).

breakthesilence
11-06-2006, 08:02 AM
this was a problem for me in high school. there was still so much pressure from the "christian" kids to fit in--the scene--that i still never really had any true friends. now i am meeting so many people who really don't care and just love christ and i have some amazing friends. there is still a "scene," but it's no-pressure, and it consists of people who like whatever music they like and dress however they want and love christ. that is the scene.

kittygirl
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
See, that's how my friends are. I have never felt comfortable around other people who didn't really, well, care about Jesus, irregardless of if they say they're a Christian.

breakthesilence
11-07-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah i totally understand how you feel...

skilletfreak101
11-07-2006, 03:45 PM
See, that's how my friends are. I have never felt comfortable around other people who didn't really, well, care about Jesus, irregardless of if they say they're a Christian.
yeah i know a ton of people like that...it gets really annoying

kittygirl
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
You know, I think alot of it comes from the "Sunday School" syndrome, that if you get saved when you're a little kid, you are always 'saved.'

DarkestRose
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
It might just be people who don't learn how to grow in Christ. They believe in God and like God, but, for some reason, they don't learn how to implement their faith into their life. So they call themselves Christian but it becomes in name only.

kittygirl
11-08-2006, 04:00 PM
See, I'm refering to people who have, and still are mean to me. Yet, they were raised in the church, and act totally unloving. (I'm sorry if I sound bitter, it just doesn't make any sense to me)