dawn of light
10-13-2006, 10:00 PM
So my boyfriend proposed to me today. I have no words to express how happy I am! The evening was perfect, everything was perfect. As of today we've officially been together for a year and a half and now we're engaged! Wow, that's all I can say right now. ;D

We're planning an August wedding.

pizza brain
10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Congrats ;D

planet_kosmos
10-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Wish you all the best Rachel in your marriage.

lamb_servant72
10-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Rachel, I am so happy for you. He's getting a great girl.:)

Starbucks5721
10-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Congratulations! That is great news! I'll pray for the both of you! :)

terrasin
10-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Awesome! :D Congrats.

CJ

NightCrawler
10-14-2006, 12:04 PM
So my boyfriend proposed to me today. I have no words to express how happy I am! The evening was perfect, everything was perfect. As of today we've officially been together for a year and a half and now we're engaged! Wow, that's all I can say right now. ;D

Wow!

That is awesome!

john316
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Congrats!!...marriage is 8)...the best advice i can give you after 25 years of marriage is always put God first...the closer each of you get to God the closer you will get to each other.

m_money618
10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Congratulations!!!!:):):)

weebird20
10-16-2006, 04:52 AM
awww Congratulations Rachel!!! God Bless you both ;D ooooh im so excited for you!

dawn of light
10-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Thanks so much guys! We're both really excited. We spent the weekend telling our family and friends and of course showing off my ring! I'm so excited, I just want to start planning everything right now but I need to be patient! We'll start planning in a couple weeks after my friends' wedding.

saulg
10-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Rachel!!! I'm so sorry... i know love is blind, but sometimes, marriage gives back the vision (my translation sucks)

hahaha.. how old r u??? i used to think everyone here were VERY VERY VERY YOUNG.. like me! ;D

NightCrawler
10-17-2006, 06:42 AM
She's 21. Why did I think she was younger than me?

NightCrawler
10-17-2006, 06:43 AM
And that meant with no offense expressed or implied.

ChildOfChrist
10-17-2006, 06:52 AM
That's way too awesome! A great Manitoban is getting married! CONGRATS!!!

saulg
10-17-2006, 07:16 AM
21!!! come on! you are too young to get married!!! i am 21 too, 22 on december... i want to wait at least 3 o 4 more years

terrasin
10-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Sky_flashings was 19 when we got married. Some people are ready and mature enough sooner than others.

CJ

weebird20
10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
yip CJ is right....some people are just ready for marriage earlier than others...everyones different...i thought 21 was kinda the average age for getting married though...

skynes
10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
21!!! come on! you are too young to get married!!! i am 21 too, 22 on december... i want to wait at least 3 o 4 more years

I was 21 when I got engaged... *shrug*

dawn of light
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Yes I'm 21, I'll be 22 by the date of the wedding. I don't think I'm too young. I feel like I'm in a really good place in my life and at a time where I want to put in the effort it takes to make a marriage work. Karl and I put a lot of thought and prayer into our decision and we truly believe that we can do more for God together than we could alone. We encourage each other in our relationship with God and help each other become more Christ-like. The only reason I would want to wait longer for us to get married is because we didn't have enough money, God wanted us to wait, or we felt it was more beneficial to our relationship in the long run to wait for a bit. I feel at peace about it and we're both very excited!

Oh yeah...funny about the age comment Nightcrawler. I actually get quite a few comments about looking younger than I am, I've been mistaken for 4 years younger than I am. Maybe I "post" younger than I am too!

saulg
10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Dang! you are so mature... i dont think i could get married right now, i even have my doubts about being ready in a few years, hahaha lol

i dont know.. i cann't imagine my life as a married man right now. I cant imagine CJ with a 19year old kid... hehehe i am almost 22 and i'm still a kid.

yeah, maybe you r right... some people mature faster

amodman
10-17-2006, 10:46 PM
I hear August 26 is the most coolest day ever. Everything important in the history of the world happened on that day (Ie. my birth). You should totally get married on it.

p.s. I was 19 when I still haven't been in an officially recognizaed relationship. Wait...crap. In other news, I see no problem getting married when your ready (assuming your old enough to be and adult :P). If you don't plan on getting married than what the hell's the point in dating? Imagine having a successful relationship for like 2 years but you still wanna wait because you're "too young."

Spiffles
10-17-2006, 10:57 PM
hehe, 21 is old to get married in some cultures.

Age makes no difference really. What matters is what you said in your last post Dawn of Light which is cool.
So on that note.
Congratulations and i'm sure you will have a blessed and fruitful marriage.

dawn of light
10-18-2006, 06:24 AM
August 26 huh? That would leave us about 3 days of honeymoon time before school starts again. (which is precisely why we picked August 11: 2 weeks for honeymoon and a few days to get ready for school.)

We made a guest list that still needs to be modified and we made a budget for the wedding. We under-estimated how much we think we can save and over-estimated how much we think everything will cost so we'll be sure to have enough $. Turns out we won't have to pay for a photographer because my Grandpa does pictures. I had totally forgot about that because I only see him one or twice a year.

ChildOfChrist
10-18-2006, 06:58 AM
That's great! Everything seems to be falling nicely into place. ;D
You got any plans for where to go on your honeymoon? I've heard the Days Inn in Steinbach is quite nice. lol...jk

dawn of light
10-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Days Inn?? Are you crazy? that's way too expensive! We were thinking more along the lines of the Super 8 Motel.

Actually, we were thinking somewhere like Mexico or Jamaica. Some friends of ours recommended Belize because they have really nice resorts by the ocean and near the jungle and they're not overcommercialized. We'll have to think about it a bit more. Right now we need to focus on booking the church and reception hall. For the reception we're thinking Winnipeg Art Gallery, Bergmann's on Lombard, or the Hotel Fort Garry. I suppose only ChildofChrist would know what I'm talking about though!

ChildOfChrist
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
lol, I almost feel like I'm special. I vote for Fort Garry!

terrasin
10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
i dont know.. i cann't imagine my life as a married man right now. I cant imagine CJ with a 19year old kid...
OI! How old do you think I am?!

CJ

skynes
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM
OI! How old do you think I am?!

CJ

You're a troll. You could be any age really and still be just as ugly ;)

Well I have to say that... If I started saying you were attractive people would get worried!! *shudder*

I'll leave the - you're so handsome - statements to the wife :P

lamb_servant72
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
I got married at 22. Rachel, I think you are very mature. It sounds like the planning is going well!

I Bite
10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Congratulations! I ist happy for you guys!

I hear alaska has some nice places....;D

1nonlyjen
10-19-2006, 10:53 AM
OMG, Rachel! I just loged on and found out, I am soo happy for you congradulations! I don't think you are too young at all to get married. I'm older than you but I think I'm too young and selfish for it right now, lol! My grandparents recently celebrated their 50th wedding aniversary and the one thing they had to say about their long and happy years of marriage was to put God first. This is what I can impart to you having so many commitment issues myself ;-) Congratz, sweetie, you'll both be in my prayers

dawn of light
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks again for all the warm wishes!

We miss you jen! you should come around more often.

saulg
10-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Days Inn?? Are you crazy? that's way too expensive! We were thinking more along the lines of the Super 8 Motel.

Actually, we were thinking somewhere like Mexico or Jamaica. Some friends of ours recommended Belize because they have really nice resorts by the ocean and near the jungle and they're not overcommercialized. We'll have to think about it a bit more. Right now we need to focus on booking the church and reception hall. For the reception we're thinking Winnipeg Art Gallery, Bergmann's on Lombard, or the Hotel Fort Garry. I suppose only ChildofChrist would know what I'm talking about though!

BELIZE!!!! DONT GO THERE!!! i went there last year.. i hate it, the only good thing there are the hotels, if you go there.. dont leave the hotel, there is only one truly beautiful beach there, and you have to pay a lot, and you have to take a 4 hour boat trip to get there...

dawn of light
10-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Really? Hmmm, that's too bad. Well we'll have to look into it a little more before we decide.

saulg
10-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Really? Hmmm, that's too bad. Well we'll have to look into it a little more before we decide.

If you want to come to Guatemala you are welcomed here, i'm not tourist guide, but if you want me, i can take you to the most amazing sites here, like Tikal and the mayan cities, Volcan de Pacaya, the most active volcano in central ameria, you can see how the lava flows, Antigua Guatemala, do some ecotourism... and the best thing... NO CELLPHONES OR ANY KIND OF TECHNOLOGY hahaha...

I know the plane tickets are expensive, but you are welcomed here ;D

theelectric3
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM

congratulations! :D

as~i~lay~dying
10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Congradulations!!!!

dawn of light
12-16-2006, 09:21 PM
They say it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

That's not true, it's a lie. The losing hurts more than not loving at all.

On Thursday, Karl and I booked a country club for our wedding reception. On Friday, we fought, like usual. It was terrible, hurtful, and unGodly, like usual. Today we broke up. There's nothing left for us to fight for.

Is there such thing as true love between a man and a woman?? Is it worth all the "false alarms" to find it?

Society look down upon someone who wants to stay single. I don't really care, I don't think I'll ever get married. I tried so hard, I put everything into this relationship. My everything still wasn't good enough to make it work, I wasn't good enough.

I want God's best for me. I don't want this shadow of a life anymore.

alorian
12-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Rachel... my exfiancee broke it off with me too. I know what it's like to put everything into a relationship, absolutely, positively, holding nothing back, literal AND metaphorical everything. I know what it's like to lose that so suddenly too. I know how hard it is. I know what it's like to think you'll never find if there is true love. Is it really worth all those false alarms? Hmmm that's an easy question usually, but it depends on where you are..
Imagine how you felt with him though, when things were good. You may not be ready to find true love right now, but don't give up. Never give up hope. Sometimes hope is all we have.

Seth

lamb_servant72
12-17-2006, 03:25 AM
It was...unGodly...

What was? The fight itself or what you were fighting about?

I heard someone say something on the radio one day during my first year or two of marriage about fighting that has stuck with me. What matters more...that person or being right?

Just because you had a fight and broke up doesn't mean it's suppose to be over. Both of you need to be praying about all of this, and I'm sure you are. What does God want?

dawn of light
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
What was? The fight itself or what you were fighting about?
The fight itself was unGodly. If I told you everything we've done and said to each other you'd probably be shocked.

Just because you had a fight and broke up doesn't mean it's suppose to be over.
We've broken up and gotten back together a few times now already. I thought that kind of thing was supposed to be over and done with once we were engaged and planning our wedding. We're most definitely not going to get married next August like we planned. Maybe in many months or a year, once we have our personal lives back in order, we'd be able to try again, but I don't think he's even interested in that.

What does God want?
Yesterday when we were talking, we discussed this. God told me that it was my decision. If I wanted to work it out, it could be done, it'd be a lot of work, but we could have a great marriage. If I wanted to end it, He would help me get through it. God told Karl it was his decision too.

I wanted with all my heart, to work it out. Karl wanted to end it, there were certain things that happened that he just couldn't take. Even if he changes his mind, it's too late. We need time to heal.

theelectric3
12-19-2006, 03:13 PM
i'm sorry to read this..

but i am glad that things are being dealt with now instead of waiting for the months or so after marriage. i know the pain is still there... just one less heartache that divorce brings.

seperation is good to heal. i wouldn't even be considering if you're going to back together and get married or not in a few months or a year... i don't think that's healthy (emotionally and mentally) with where you are both at right now.

may our Lord fill all the broken places with His love.