soleil
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
So I have a satisfying job at a convenience store, and am doing amazing at it. I'm having a blast and love my co-workers.

Tonight I was offered a potential position working for a local web development and hosting company. I've done piece work for them already, but I was offered a spot starting out doing stuff like data entry and various flash projects, or whatever else is needed.

This is where I get tied up - I love my job, but to take this spot, it would require leaving. But then this new job is in my field of choice.

Should I feel guilty about wanting to quit a job I love for a job in my field that will pay far more money?

dawn of light
10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Don't feel guilty! Maybe God wants to move you from a great, enjoyable job to an even better one! Pray about it.

weebird20
10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
yip Rachels right...you shouldn't feel guilty at all...the job you have now...would you want to be doin that in say 10 or 20 years time?

you said that you have done work for this company before...the fact that they have offered you a job with them shows they see qualities and talents in you that they think would be great for their company...but think seriously about this...i'd say pray about it...this could be a great opportunity for you...sometimes it worth giving up the things we are comfortable and content with to risk trying for something we dream of...

Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.

A door has been opened to you...don't close it over because your unsure if you should give up what you already have...God may have something even better planned :)