agent_c68
10-19-2006, 03:05 PM
How many of you believe in Love at first sight? How many don't?

weebird20
10-19-2006, 03:06 PM
i don't believe in love at first, second or third sight...lust at first sight...yes...love...no...

aliengurl7
10-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I believe you can become physically attracted to someone but love is something that takes time.

weebird20
10-19-2006, 03:14 PM
exactly Michelle...love is a choice...

i really don't think you can fall in love with someone...it has to be something you choose to do...when you get to know the person...spend time with them and they the same with you....then you can choose to love them :)

dawn of light
10-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, love is a choice. I believe in "lust at first sight" and also "like at first sight". I believe that you can see someone and like them right away just by how they act, look, carry themselves, treat others etc. Just because you're attracted to someone right away doesn't make it lust, but it definitely doesn't make it love either.

weebird20
10-20-2006, 02:24 AM
well said Rachel...i agree with you :)

pizza brain
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
It's posible but not likley

Undomiel
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
i'm not sure....

kittygirl
10-21-2006, 11:27 AM
no. Love takes time, to get to know someone, for how they really are, and if they really have integrity

love~addict
10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
i agree with the no's..you cant just look at someone and fall in love..thats lust..it takes time and a while of it.i think you have to fall in love..with the person..and especailly not there looks..looks dont matter..atleast not to me!

lee
10-21-2006, 03:10 PM
you know you like looks love~addict, i mean, why else would you have fallen in love with me...hmmmm???

love~addict
10-21-2006, 03:23 PM
lol...hey matt:)and i fell in love with you not ur looks you dork:P

BarlowgIRL
10-22-2006, 02:42 PM
i really don't think you can fall in love with someone...it has to be something you choose to do...when you get to know the person...spend time with them and they the same with you....then you can choose to love them :)

I sorta disagree with that.I'm just a teen so I don't know what love is exactly. I've known this guy for four years but for some reason this year I looked at him and was like "oh my goodness you're gorgeous I love you!" (no I didn't say that out loud)I love his personality and we're really good friends so it's like I just "fell" for him. I didn't make the mental "like" of him. Ya know, when you see someone hot and you like them... So since I'm a teen I don't know if that's love or like, but since my dad won't let me date till I'm eighteen it really doesn't matter anyway....

agent_c68
10-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Anyone from for love at first sight side willing to give some reasons why they think it is possible?

drumchick101
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Sure, *jumps right into conversation...;)*

I believe that love can start at first sight. You see the person and you just know that they're the one. Yes, there is sooooooo much more to the story and this love must be choosen every day, it becomes more real through hard times as you and the person slowly become one in spirit (and one in The Spirit).

It certainly doesn't always hapen that way...but it still does sometimes.

><sarah><

dawn of light
10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
You see the person and you just know that they're the one.
How can you know that this person is "the one" if you don't even know them? Besides I don't believe God pre decides who you will marry, it's your choice. "The one" is the person you say "I do" to. If you've been remarried, your current spouse is "the one".

as~i~lay~dying
10-24-2006, 08:43 PM
I definately do not believe in it, love is so much more than that ... so much more than a look. It's the sacrifice and time spent, intimate conversations that makes you fall in love with someone.

drumchick101
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
How can you know that this person is "the one" if you don't even know them? Besides I don't believe God pre decides who you will marry, it's your choice. "The one" is the person you say "I do" to. If you've been remarried, your current spouse is "the one".

I believe God has a "one" picked out for me for many reasons (pretty personal ones). I can't explain much that has to do with love, but it makes sense to me.

><sarah><

lee
10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
i beleive it can happen,i mean god is capable of making it happen, so we know it's possible. i beleive magic can happen, haven't you guys ever watched i disney movie....try cinderella on for size.. i beleive that a story like that can happen, well, minus the singing rats, and the glass slipper, and that's what i'm talking about...i believe is capable of making that kind of story come to life, and i believe he has once or twice..........

as~i~lay~dying
10-25-2006, 07:46 PM
i beleive it can happen,i mean god is capable of making it happen, so we know it's possible. i beleive magic can happen, haven't you guys ever watched i disney movie....try cinderella on for size.. i beleive that a story like that can happen, well, minus the singing rats, and the glass slipper, and that's what i'm talking about...i believe is capable of making that kind of story come to life, and i believe he has once or twice..........

fairytale

n 1: a story about fairies; told to amuse children [syn: fairy tale, fairy story] 2: an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse

Darlin' it's called a fairytale becasue it's not true; it is something someone made up of what they wished life was like! That's great that you believe in magic and fairytales but someday you will grow up and realize that that's not life!

Tromos
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow. No love at first sight?!

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of grumpy cynics I've ever seen! ;D

aliengurl7
10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow. No love at first sight?!

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of grumpy cynics I've ever seen! ;D

Haha, yep.;D

You can't fall in love with looks, you can fall for their beauty or whatever but thats physical attraction and nothing more.
Love is more than just a feeling. Its caring for that person no matter what. Its hard to describe but I know for sure that its impossible to fall in love with someone based solely on their looks. Thats not true love. More like lust.

I Bite
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I believe you can be strongly attracted to a person at first sight, but I doubt that it's possible for someone to actually love someone at first sight...I believe you have to get to know that person before you can truly love them.

korey_cooper_jr
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I believe you can become physically attracted to someone but love is something that takes time.

Well said.

sky_flashings
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Well, I met my husband online, so when I first saw him I was already in love, or at least as in love as one can be without knowing a person in real life. So to me it was like love at first sight. :D

love~addict
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
fairytale

n 1: a story about fairies; told to amuse children [syn: fairy tale, fairy story] 2: an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse

Darlin' it's called a fairytale becasue it's not true; it is something someone made up of what they wished life was like! That's great that you believe in magic and fairytales but someday you will grow up and realize that that's not life!

haha srry matt....but yah i totally agree with u jessica!!lol

fifi la bomba
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
dang, everyone's bright and cheery in here!!! ;)

i don't know if there's a LOVE at first sight, but i do think that God has that other person out there who is perfectly matched to me, and He is winding our paths together so that one day we will finally meet and get married and stuff.... so "pi-sha!!" to all you who don't believe in that, cause i know my God is taking care of me!

love~addict
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
i believe that too..i know God will lead me to some one who is perfect for me...but i dont think that you're in love with them right when you meet them..you may have alot in common,strongly like them, or be attracted to them..but idont believe you can instantly be in love:)

fifi la bomba
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
word up....:afro:

fifi la bomba
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
^^^haha that saying is soo not cool when it's typed out ^^^

dawn of light
10-26-2006, 04:20 PM
i don't know if there's a LOVE at first sight, but i do think that God has that other person out there who is perfectly matched to me, and He is winding our paths together so that one day we will finally meet and get married and stuff
So I'm just curious...

What should someone do if they meet someone, fall in love, and marry them, and then a few years down the road meet "the one" that God has chosen for them? What if they find out that they married the wrong person? Should they get divorced so that they can be with "the one" for the rest of their lives? Or should they just have to suffer with the wrong person for the rest of their lives and never be truly happy?

kittygirl
10-26-2006, 04:41 PM
okay, I do not like to bring up "the One" topic. It becomes very confusing, so I am going to stay out of this

Tromos
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
To paraphrase Dr. Dobson:

The one you're married to IS "the one". Because you're married.

lamb_servant72
10-26-2006, 05:59 PM
And God could let you fall in love with "The One" at first sight.;D

weebird20
10-27-2006, 01:29 AM
i like what Dave said...the one you marry is "the one" :)

dawn of light
10-27-2006, 05:34 AM
The one you're married to IS "the one". Because you're married.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say before, but it didn't come out so simple and easy to understand!

alorian
10-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Sure, *jumps right into conversation...;)*

I believe that love can start at first sight. You see the person and you just know that they're the one. Yes, there is sooooooo much more to the story and this love must be choosen every day, it becomes more real through hard times as you and the person slowly become one in spirit (and one in The Spirit).

It certainly doesn't always hapen that way...but it still does sometimes.

><sarah><

Mmhmmm I agree. I don't believe that loving someone is a CHOICE really. One could fall in love without choosing too. You can choose to further that love though, or ignore it, or do whatever. I can say "Hey, I really like [insert name]'s personality and everything, I'm going to love them and try to make them my spouse" or something like that. Not really gonna happen

Tromos
10-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say before, but it didn't come out so simple and easy to understand!

Wow. I'm typically one to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Glad I managed to not mangle that one ;)

agent_c68
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
I’ll explain how I view “love at first sight” through an overused metaphor. You can’t judge a book by its cover. Love at first sight is just that, you see the cover and decide that you love that book. It’s not always based solely on looks, but also first impressions. Some times people will read the cover to get a brief synopsis of the book, which is like being introduced to them and talking to them for a little while (thus making a first impression). Sure you know them a little better then just seeing the front cover, but you haven’t actually gotten to get a full read out of them yet. Yes, there are people who have fallen in “love at first sight” but that’s just a cover that captured their attention, the true love (not first sight) came by spending time reading the book. I know that some may bring up “what about if I met them while they were serving God, not trying to be charming?” Well, it’s still the cover of their book, whether it’s a plain hardcover or a flashy paperback.

I am not going to say that God cannot make “love at first sight” possible, but I don’t find it very probable that He would make it happen. God make bring you to the one, have them make an excellent impression, and give you that “love at first sight” feeling, but that is not where the story ends. I’ve heard a few people who had that experience, they met someone and knew they were the one. But the story continues, they spent time getting to know each other, usually through dating but not always, and eventually developed love past the emotional part. True love grows with time.

skilletfreak101
10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
love at first sight is also known as LUST

love~addict
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
^ yup yup yup!!

agent_c68
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
love at first sight is also known as LUST

Not necessarily. Love at first sight is an emotional reaction to first meeting someone and Lust is desire for what you don’t / can’t have. Love at first sight (we need to make an acronym for it, like LAFS) isn’t always sexual, and lust can develop overtime with someone you already know. Points being, LAFS and Lust are not always the same.

breakthesilence
11-03-2006, 07:37 AM
so here's my take on the ONE...
God has a perfect plan for you, including a person who is perfect for you i.e. the ONE. but even if you "married the wrong person," if you trust God and go to Him with your relationship He will still make the best of it.

love at first sight... maybe not. but when i first saw the person who i think i am going to marry i just felt a desire to get to know him & i had no idea why. i didn't like him or anything... i even asked him once how you are supposed to know the person you are should marry but i blurted it out before i realized what i was saying and i felt kind of embarrassed for asking a guy that and i was like oh no i hope he doesn't think anything... i consider it God's sense of humor though. :)

breakthesilence
11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
^sorry, that was a terrible run-on sentence...

lamb_servant72
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's a fairy tale to believe that you could be so close to God, serve Him so completely, that you would know what He has for you...and therefore, when you see THE ONE, be in love, because you know. I've heard testimonies of couples who weren't looking, they were just serving God, and when they saw one another, they knew. Yes, the love grows with time ...but to me, love at first sight, as I've described here, is possible.

Tromos
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Ah, finally! A romantic! ;D

kittygirl
11-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't think it's a fairy tale to believe that you could be so close to God, serve Him so completely, that you would know what He has for you...and therefore, when you see THE ONE, be in love, because you know. I've heard testimonies of couples who weren't looking, they were just serving God, and when they saw one another, they knew. Yes, the love grows with time ...but to me, love at first sight, as I've described here, is possible.I absolutely agree with you. Not everyone has the same experience in relationships, and the best ones I've seen are ones that started from 2 people earnestly seeking God, and then seeing the genuine longing in the other to be close to Him.

breakthesilence
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
yeah that's what happened for me too... i gave up dating to focus more on God...

aliensoul_squire20
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I said no. How can you love someone from the first time you saw them? Seriously. I don't think I'd be able to tell any girl that I know that I love her.

And, I go with what Emery's first song on "The Question" says: "How quickly lust can pretend that it's love".

skilletfreak101
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Not necessarily. Love at first sight is an emotional reaction to first meeting someone and Lust is desire for what you don’t / can’t have. Love at first sight (we need to make an acronym for it, like LAFS) isn’t always sexual, and lust can develop overtime with someone you already know. Points being, LAFS and Lust are not always the same.
honestly though...how in the world can you get emotionally attatched to someone at first glance? that's ridiculous. i say LUST

TheFireBreathes
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I said no. How can you love someone from the first time you saw them? Seriously. I don't think I'd be able to tell any girl that I know that I love her.

And, I go with what Emery's first song on "The Question" says: "How quickly lust can pretend that it's love".

the Emery quote is so true. i actually wrote a blog on that a few weeks ago.

lamb_servant72
11-06-2006, 01:54 AM
I still say that someone can be so close to God that when they see the one God wants them with they know, so they feel love instantly.

dawn of light
11-06-2006, 07:00 AM
I still say that someone can be so close to God that when they see the one God wants them with they know, so they feel love instantly.
I understand what you're saying. But I have a different view on "the one" which is why I don't agree with you. I don't believe that God has prechosen your future spouse, it's too "predestination" and not choice. I believe that there are a number of people that I could choose to marry and that I could still follow God's will by marrying. I believe that it's up to me to choose someone that God would approve of. Which is why I think people need to get to know someone first to know that they're Godly, integrous, you can get along with them etc, before they can really love them and know that they're the right person to marry.

Also another reason I don't believe that God has prechosen your spouse is that what if you marry the "wrong" person? I asked this question before and only one person i think, answered it. Someone else said "the person you are married to is "the one" because your married to them. And I agree with that.

Tromos
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
And I would tend to agree with you, Rachel. Sometimes we make mistakes that we have to live with. Do those mistakes make it God's will? Not necessarily, but that won't stop God from using it to glorify Him somehow anyway.

lamb_servant72
11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Genesis 24:14 May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'--let her be the one You have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master."

NAS says (the bolded words) may she be the one whom Thou hast appointed for Thy servant Issac.

breakthesilence
11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
i am fairly certain God has an exact plan for your life--including the person whom you are to marry. as long as you follow God's lead, he works it out so you end up with that person. but as i said before, marrying the "wrong one" isn't the end of the world and you can still have a wonderful marriage if you pursue God in it. it just may not be quite as wonderful as if you had married the person He had planned for you. just as with anything, when we don't follow His exact plan it's not quite as good but He still makes the best of it for us (and for His own glory) if we follow Him.

love isn't an emotion. if that's what you are feeling then it's not love at first sight. but as lisa said, if you are pursuing God closely and He chooses in that moment to reveal it to you, the first time you see "the one" you know it and have love for him/her.