GuitarHero
10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
my brother registered for this website first and now it always logs me in as him. we can't figure out how to get my my own. Does any body know how i can register with my own user name and password?

unshakeable15
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Did he click the box that says "Remember me" when he logged in? If so, that might be it.

<edit>

From what it sounds like (in the other thread in Gen Discuss) you are "stuck" using your brother's account when you need to simply need to start your own. Once you log out of his, at the top of the page, there should be a button that says "Register", near the "Log In" button (not the "Log In" boxes at the very top, but on the black bar). Then, simply follow the directions.

If you need any more help, come back here to this new thread (no need to continue hijacking the other threads for this).

</edit>

GuitarHero
10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
ya i know what i kneed to do but on my screen the button doesn't exist

GuitarHero
10-22-2006, 06:52 PM
i don't kow if it just my computer but now i can't even find the button to log out.

unshakeable15
10-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Top right, on the black bar at the top of the page.

That would also be the aread for Login, i believe (i can't check until i log out, which would make posting this a bit difficult).

GuitarHero
10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
my style is all messed up so i think that is why neither exists. i swear i'm not crazy, somthing's wrong.

unshakeable15
10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
i was wrong though. i just didn't have time to re-login in after i logged out last time. The Login button at the top is the button. The Register button is on the left, not the right.

If it's your style (that is, you're not looking at a black background with a parchment style area for all the text, then it would be one of the other board styles you are working with. You can change those on the bottom, far left, a scroll menu. Other than that, the only other way for me to understand what you mean is for you to better explain it (because you have only used 1-3 sentences for each of your posts). i.e. describe the problem in such detail that you think it's too much detail. Or, just take a screen shot of it (on Windows, Shift + Print Screen, a button at the top of the keyboard) and post that picture here (Shift + Print Screen saves it on a clipboard and then you simply need to paste it into Paint to save it, then upload it to the boards).

GuitarHero
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
when i hit 'panheads.com' on my favorites list it comes up w/ the home page for this website. It is the a style called vbulletin3. the only page that is not in vbulletin3 is 'boards' when i hit boards the style changes into a style called mobile (white background, plan font, all of the thread titles are hyperlinks in a box. when you click on the tread titles the style does not change, there is somthing called quick style changer and vbulletin3 was an option but no button to confirm the style change) a couple of days ago the page 'boards' was still in the style called vbulletin3 in that style i can log out of gutiar hero (i didn't see the button to register) then when only the baord page switched to mobile the button to log out was no longer there. Even in the other pages were the style is still vbulletin3 i cannot find a button to log out.

unshakeable15
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
That's more like it. :)

i don't know what happened, but your style has changed to something that is hard to work with. i believe it's meant for access on a cell phone (but i'm not sure), hence it's "no frills" style.

The default PHv5 is more stylized and has all the accessory buttons you would need. To get back to that default, try cleaning out your cookies in your browser.

Internet Explorer: Go to Tools - Internet Options - General: in the middle there should be a button that says "Delete Cookies" that you need to click. You can also delete the history, but i don't think it's necessary (but you can also try that).

Firefox (which i highly recommend if you don't already use it): Tools - Options - Privacy - Cookies: Click on "Clear Cookies Now"

Netscape: i have no clue. :)

GuitarHero
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
my computer is set up really reatarted and we just sign on to aol and go from there. Plus my dad would not be happy if i did anything with the cookies so do you have any other suggestions?

unshakeable15
10-25-2006, 01:48 PM
That's really the only one i know of.

Wait. You could try (since you use AOL's browser) going to the site with Internet Explorer or another browser (once you log on with AOL). Since it's a different program, it would have different cookies and would think you've never been to panheads.org before (thereby putting you with the default layout, and possibly not being logged in as your brother).

If that doesn't work, the only other solution i know would be to delete the cookies. You could ask your dad about doing it, since he doesn't like it being done.

(Btw, it is in my contract that i say 'i hate AOL' anytime they come up. :) Sorry if that inconveniences or annoys you.)

GuitarHero
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
lol i hate aol too. going to a different browser didn't work. I think i'm just going to go to a friends house register on her computer and not hit the box that says remeber me so i don't mess it up for her (if she becomes a panhead) and then hope my brother/ dad fixes the computer or it fixes itself on its own. Before the style got messed i could log out and it asks for a user name and password. If it doesn't fix itself then i'm using gutiarhero and my brother will just have to deal with it. Thank you for all your help!

unshakeable15
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
No problem. :) It's what we (the mods) are hear for. :)

GuitarHero
11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
okay so i know you think i'm insane, but i still need your help. i went to a friends house and made and account and then i logged out of gutair hero and then entered my user name and password. Then when i hit loggin it still logged me into guitar hero

GuitarHero
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
i searche the members list and the new account i created (panheadchick***)and it is on there but when i log in i am still on guitar hero

GuitarHero
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
i thought i wasn't logged into panhead chick but then i looked on the currently active users list and it said that panhead chick and guitar hero are both on, but i can't edit my profile or anything casue on my screen i'm still logged into my brother's account

GuitarHero
11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
My brother and i both have an account on this website, however we can only use my brother's account (guitar hero). We never have to logg in or give a password for his account. I created my account at a friends house (her computer isn't stuck on my brother's account) and called it panheadchick*** when i tried to logg on to it from my computer (i hit logg out on guitar hero and typed in my username ans password for panheadchick***) when i hit log in i was back at guitar hero (without typing in a password). when i looked at the active player's it said panheadchick*** was on. Does anybody know what is going on?

zeroneff
11-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I think they used you're IP adress

GuitarHero
11-03-2006, 08:11 AM
what is that?

Tromos
11-03-2006, 08:26 AM
My initial guess would be that this is a cookie issue with your browser. When your brother logged in initially, he likely clicked the little checkbox that said "Remember Me" or some such. When he did that, the Skillet site created a little file (called a "cookie") and stored in on your computer. Now, each time you access the Skillet site from your computer, the webpage looks for, finds, and reads that cookie. The cookie provides the username information for your brother's account to the Skillet site - thus eliminating the need to log in.

When you logged out of your brother's account, that may or may not have affected the status of the cookie on your computer. I'm not on the staff here and my knowledge of vBulletin is limited, so I don't know how the cookies are configured. I would be interested in knowing what you saw to indicate that you were logged in as Guitarhero after you logged in as panheadchick***.

The easiest solution would probably be to have different logins on your computer. Windows XP supports multiple users on a single machine. Each user maintains a separate cookie file. If you were to create a separate Windows XP user on your computer for yourself, logged onto your computer as that user, then came here you would find yourself here as a guest (because no cookie file existed for that user). You could then log in as panheadchick***, click the "Remember Me" box, and you would always come here with your account as long as you were logged into that new account you created on your computer at home. In the meantime, if your brother was on as a different user at home, he would still show up here with his account.

Oh, and your IP address is the unique number that identifies your computer connection on the Internet. It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the simple explanation.

Sorry this was so wordy.

GuitarHero
11-03-2006, 08:34 AM
when i logged into panheadchick*** (but was actually still logged in to guitarhero) in the top right hand corner it said welcom guitar hero you have 0 unread personal messages out of 9 (or somthing close to that description)

If we were to clear the cookies do you think that that would fix it? Then we would just both loggin before coming to this site?

Tromos
11-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes. Clearing the cookies should do it. Just remember that clears all cookies. For all sites.

You'd be amazed how much you depend on those for convenient browsing.

GuitarHero
11-03-2006, 09:50 AM
so if I have an account on another website would that be deleted?

Tromos
11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Deleted? No. Cleaning out your cookies won't delete any accounts on any websites. It will just keep those websites from immediately recognizing your computer. So, instead of immediately being logged in, you would have to log in again to create a new cookie.

GuitarHero
11-03-2006, 10:02 AM
also when i logout of guitar hero to try and log into panheadchick*** then it has a box and in the box it says that all cookies are cleared

will
11-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Okay, answers to a number of issues you posted (a couple have already been answered, but here's a complete list)....

Style - If you're style gets messed up for whatever reason click here (http://www.panheads.org/boards/?styleid=5) to reset it to the default style.

Logout - If you are logged in and want to log out, click the logout button in the top right corner of the page. If you can't find it for whatever reason, click here (http://www.panheads.org/boards/login.php?do=logout). (This page will show an error message, but then provide you with a link to logout... don't worry about why it does that.)

Cookies - You really shouldn't need to clear the cookies for your computer, a simple logout should be enough. However, if you do need to clear your cookies, instructions for various browsers are found here (http://www.aboutcookies.org/page-2).

Remember Me - If two people in your house generally use the same computer to access two different accounts on panheads, I'd recommend NOT checking the box that says "Remember Me" when you login.

It looks like both accounts you've mentioned are properly registered, so there shouldn't be any problem with logging in to either account. Just make sure you are logged out of any accounts, then enter your correct username and password in the login box at the top of the page.

GuitarHero
11-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Well i can't clear the cookies and when i hit your link to loggout the same thing happened. I typed in my username and password for panheadchick*** and then it still brought up guitar hero and said that panheadchick*** was on

will
11-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I changed the password on the panheadchick account to see if I could recreate the problem, but it worked just fine for me. I'm not sure what to tell you... it's got to be something you are doing or something with your computer.

To change your password back, visit the password recovery page (http://www.panheads.org/boards/login.php?do=lostpw)

GuitarHero
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
well that's cause you don't have a brother as guitar hero that hit remeberme when he registered. This only happens on my computer. and now i can't switch my password becasue i'm always always always logged into guitar hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will
11-12-2006, 11:07 AM
All I can tell you is that it is certainly nothing wrong with the account or with the boards themselves. If you are truly unable to logout of a specific account, it sounds like something weird with your computer (perhaps some kind of third party software that is preventing cookies from being deleted properly). The only thing else I can suggest is having someone look at your computer (run virus/spyware scanner, etc).