skynes
10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_061018bible.shtml

^ Lookies.

The only question I have is:

Who's fault is it that this exists?

This groups, for cutting things out of scripture?

Or today's church, for not actually doing what Jesus said?

Spiffles
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM

^ Lookies.

This groups, for cutting things out of scripture?

I'd say its the groups fault..They wrote it, so its their responsibility.

Todays chruch has been screwing up for hundreds of years so I beleive that excuse is just a cope out.

alienyouth9292
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
that is just horrible.....Jesus really wants us to give up our possesions for the poor. That guy "Chairman Mr. De Rijke" needs to rethink his life...and we need to pray and hope that the disected bible does not become popular!!

skilletfreak101
10-23-2006, 07:24 PM
that's screwed up. if people don't want to completely follow Jesus in everything He says, then just go completely away from Him and never come back.

terrasin
10-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Doesn't the Bible strictly say at the end not to remove anything from it? Idiots...

CJ

pizza brain
10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
That's just plain nuts >:( kinda reminds me of the version of the Bible with the He/She garbage

agent_c68
10-24-2006, 12:06 AM
And who determines what is "confusing" and what is not?

The sad thing is that this is what people have been doing for a long time but this is the first one (that I know of) that actually says what it is doing. Usually scripture is covered up, instead of cut out, by using excusses like "that verse is not relevent today" or something simillar. The Bible is often very convicting, and there will be parts that we are not comfotable with, but that does not mean that it should be ignored because we don't like it.

lamb_servant72
10-24-2006, 02:53 AM
According to Chairman Mr. De Rijke the foundation has reacted to a growing wish of many churches to be market-oriented and more attractive. "Jesus was very inspiring for our inner health, but we don't need to take his naďve remarks about money seriously. He didn't study economics, obviously."

This is disturbing. This guy doesn't even understand who Jesus is.

Starbucks5721
10-24-2006, 04:05 AM
You gotta love people who try to make their personal responsibilities seem less by purposely changing the rules. It's like trying to find loopholes with God, coming up unsuccessful, and deciding to make your own rules. Like saying you could in fact have the cookie in the cookie jar even though your mom told you you couldnt, simply because you wrote a list of rules you didnt have to listen to.

Not exactly the biggest french fry in the Happy Meal, now, is he?

DarkestRose
10-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Doesn't the Bible strictly say at the end not to remove anything from it? Idiots...

CJ

Maybe they took that part out?

terrasin
10-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Maybe they took that part out?
Bahahaha the irony would be too much to bear if they did.

CJ

terrasin
10-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I found this little tidbit on another forum if ne has some time they want to waste watching this moron call himself better than Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmC6LBpBUv4

CJ

unshakeable15
10-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Sometimes Christians seem to have more anger than humour, however. The names of the board, ‘De Rijke’ (meaning ‘the rich’) and ‘Fortuijn’ (meaning ‘fortune’), as well as the holes in the pages of the Western Bible hint to the truth: the Western Bible is a joke.
Frank Mulder, chairman of Time to Turn [the publisher], is surprised by the commotion.

"Many Christians accept the Western lifestyle, including the degradation of creation and the injustice of our trade, and they only take the easy parts of the gospel. But it isn't until we publish this gospel with holes, that they get confused!"
This seems to me that they are only doing this to highlight the very fact that people ARE cutting out portions of the Bible, not literally (as this group has by physically cutting out portions of the text) but by ignoring things Jesus said that are actually hard and not so much fun.

i don't know how much i agree with them doing it on such a widespread scale, but it does make a very good point that i wholeheartedly agree with.

dawn of light
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
I found this little tidbit on another forum if ne has some time they want to waste watching this moron call himself better than Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmC6LBpBUv4

CJ

What a fool. I'm done some very basic studying on cults and the thing about them is that when people first join they don't know it's a cult. (like the girl on the video). Why would somebody join what they know is a cult? Then slowly as they move higher in authority in a cult organization they're so indoctrinated that they wouldn't recognize it as a cult. And if they do recognize it, they're usually in way too deep to get out easily.

somasoul
10-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Does anyone on this board read an entire article?

From the article Skynes posted:

Sometimes Christians seem to have more anger than humour, however. The names of the board, ‘De Rijke’ (meaning ‘the rich’) and ‘Fortuijn’ (meaning ‘fortune’), as well as the holes in the pages of the Western Bible hint to the truth: the Western Bible is a joke.

The thing is a joke. I bet these people did this just to point out how hypocritical Christians can be.

In the future read it all before you make a judgement.

Spiffles
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually.. that was the person writting that article saying that quote in relation to that biblical translation. The quote you put up is against that Bible from the article writter. It wasn't a quote from that bible or the authors of that bible.
Maybe if your gonna rant about reading properly, you should do so yourself first.
The article has its quotes from that author of that bible or the bibles contents in between the " " as how writting is normally structured.

Example:

According to Chairman Mr. De Rijke the foundation has reacted to a growing wish of many churches to be market-oriented and more attractive. "Jesus was very inspiring for our inner health, but we don't need to take his naďve remarks about money seriously. He didn't study economics, obviously."

(I bolded the quote for those that dont understand what a quote actually looks like.)

agent_c68
10-26-2006, 12:14 AM

CJ

Please, Don't get me started on how false this false prophet/ antichrist is.

skynes
10-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Somasaul, I did read the full thing, I did see that last paragraph hence my question of - Who's fault is it?
As a challenge to say - these guys have a point... we really have cut chunks out of the Gospel we're supposedly preaching.

And spiffles:

If you're gonna tell people off for poor writing structure, you should check that you yourself are using paragraphs properly.

And what on earth has reading the article properly got to do with putting "" around a quote and bolding it?

lamb_servant72
10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
I read this last night (about the fourth kingdom) and it made me think about this thread.

Daniel 7:25, "And he will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law..."

I wonder if things like this help prepare the way for the fourth kingdom.

somasoul
10-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Actually.. that was the person writting that article saying that quote in relation to that biblical translation. The quote you put up is against that Bible from the article writter. It wasn't a quote from that bible or the authors of that bible.
Maybe if your gonna rant about reading properly, you should do so yourself first.
The article has its quotes from that author of that bible or the bibles contents in between the " " as how writting is normally structured.

Example:

(I bolded the quote for those that dont understand what a quote actually looks like.)

I get that, man. The author is mentioning: "Hey, maybe Dr. De Rijke doesn't even exist."

He's made up. Fictional. A moniker. A nickname.

The whole thing is nothing but a prank. And I bet one made by a Christian to show how hypocritical Christians can be.

unshakeable15
10-28-2006, 10:33 AM
i agree with Somasoul, that is a prank, not an actual group wanting to change the Bible for their own benefit (that is, making following Christ easier than it should be). This is what i said on it earlier: This seems to me that they are only doing this to highlight the very fact that people ARE cutting out portions of the Bible, not literally (as this group has by physically cutting out portions of the text) but by ignoring things Jesus said that are actually hard and not so much fun.

i don't know how much i agree with them doing it on such a widespread scale, but it does make a very good point that i wholeheartedly agree with.
Spiffles, if you notice, the man you quoted was noted by the author to have a name meaning "The Rich" and another board member has a name translated as "Fortune." It's a farce. They aren't real people. The "quote" by De Rijke is as fake as he is. It's there to get people upset over how blantant they are cutting out the Bible, in hopes of helping people understand that we all do it when we ignore certain aspects of the Bible that we think are too hard to live with.

somasoul
10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
i agree with Somasoul, that is a prank, not an actual group wanting to change the Bible for their own benefit (that is, making following Christ easier than it should be)......

Yup. Apparently this Bible actually exists. It was made by a group associated with social justice.

Now why would a group associated with social justice make a Bible that is clearly against social justice? Again, to point out hypocrisy in the church.

Spiffles
10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
And spiffles:

If you're gonna tell people off for poor writing structure, you should check that you yourself are using paragraphs properly.

So your telling me off for the same thing you dont do properly yourself?
You probably did, but Unshakeable is our resident Grammar Nazi, not me. I failed English after all.
*shrugs* continue on, I take with a grain of salt comments of people who swear and carry on like you.

skynes
10-28-2006, 03:59 PM
So your telling me off for the same thing you dont do properly yourself?
-------------------------
*shrugs* continue on, I take with a grain of salt comments of people who swear and carry on like you.

Firstly, I know my english sucks. I believe I said so in this very thread. I was pointing out that if you're going to insult people's use of english, make sure yours is perfect first.

Secondly give me an example of my swearing on these boards.

Spiffles
10-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Firstly, I know my english sucks. I believe I said so in this very thread. I was pointing out that if you're going to insult people's use of english, make sure yours is perfect first.

maybe you should too then, lol. You are telling me to NOT do the very thing you are exactly doing.

Secondly give me an example of my swearing on these boards.

so piss off is acceptable language and not swearing?

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4183

Oh hell yes!

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=309776#post309776

and every second thread i read of yours is litered with sarcasm.

sar·casm (särkzm) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "sarcasm" [P]
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Lol and there's an idea for a template reply for every thread in that forum:

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=309400#post309400

They don't. You see it's the schools job to teach the kids about smoking and drugs, not the parents.
</sarcasm>

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=308978#post308978

You're a troll. You could be any age really and still be just as ugly

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=308911#post308911

OH NNOOOO!!! CALL THE POLICE!!! CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!!! CALL BILL GATES!! He has to wait FOUR minutes! Oh agony of the days of the 56K when it took up to 20 minutes to load a page... agony agony...

</sarcasm>

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=304413#post304413

I could go on but i cant be stuffed sitting here all day.

You are hardly one to give moral remarks at other people.

skynes
10-28-2006, 04:37 PM
so piss off is acceptable language and not swearing?

*looks at his location... sees Northern Ireland*

Yes it is.

Oh hell yes!

I don't see the relevance of this one...

Lol and there's an idea for a template reply for every thread in that forum:

That wasn't sarcasm, it was a serious reply. I really would say "Pray and do nothing till God tells you" in every thread of a dating forum.

They don't. You see it's the schools job to teach the kids about smoking and drugs, not the parents.
</sarcasm>

Sarcastic, yes. But also a serious reply to a question - "How do the parents raise their kids to react about smoking, alcohol and drugs? "

Which in fact the answer is - They don't. They expect the school to

You're a troll. You could be any age really and still be just as ugly

Wasn't sarcasm, was friendly banter toward CJ, who is a friend.

OH NNOOOO!!! CALL THE POLICE!!! CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!!! CALL BILL GATES!! He has to wait FOUR minutes! Oh agony of the days of the 56K when it took up to 20 minutes to load a page... agony agony...

Heavy sarcasm... toward a friend. Nightcrawler knows me, knows what I'm like and knows to laugh at it.

You are hardly one to give moral remarks at other people

I didn't. I gave a grammatical remark to show a larger point.

somasoul
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
For the record, why does Spiffles stir up a poo storm all the time?

Let it go.

Spiffles
10-28-2006, 04:47 PM
*looks at his location... sees Northern Ireland*

Yes it is.

That is pathetic.. If your excuse for bad language is your irish?.. lol
Thgat means I can call anyone who does anytihng dumb a "bloody idiot" since that is readily used in Australia and even endorsed by the government in advertising..
It means i can tell people to f@*# off and its ok because where i come from it is part of the culture.
It doesnt make it right to use that language though...
Culture is the most pathetic excuse for swearing..
Secondly.. I know plenty of Irish who deam "piss off" as bad language, so to be perfectly honest, your talking crap when you say because yuor Irish piss off is normal and ok.

To continue... This is not in Ireland.. It is an America band and America forum. Culture from Ireland has got no excuse.
It is like going into someone elses home and doing whatever you want because thats how you are even though you are disrespecting that persons home and their way of life.

So according to your reasoning.. I can tell you to F Off and leave me alone.

john316
10-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Well since this thread has gotten way off topic and the bickering getting out of hand I am going to close it for a cooling down period.

theelectric3
10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
*ahem*

1. stay on topic please.
2. please do not attack other members of the board ON the boards (we cannot control what you do or say off the boards)
3. please do not take offense to everything typed... remember that the element of body language is lost on the web.
4. if you are hurt, talk to the person via instant messaging or PM about it... not in the thread itself... it derails the topic and sparks drama on the boards.
5. there is a time to let go and forgive.

thank you for understanding.

john316
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Open for business again...please take heed to Tracy's advice...and remember it takes two to have an argument.

ChildOfChrist
11-06-2006, 07:02 AM
wow...I laughed when I read that new Bible thingy. That's really silly...but let's not attack them by calling them fools and idiots and stuff like that. I know it's easy for me to say this, and i'm not innocent of judging those people like that. But how can we bash them for ruining the Bible it we're ignoring certain parts ourselves, such as judging and insulting and calling them fools. Let's love like Jesus did...think of them as lost souls loved by Jesus, and we don't deserve salvation any more than they do. (sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking anyone. I'm not. And I've done the same things I'm speaking out against, so I'm also not trying to sound 'greater than thou') :)

skynes
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Did you see the bit saying this edited Bible was a joke?

somasoul
11-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Did you see the bit saying this edited Bible was a joke?

I think ChildOfChrist respnded in the way the "writers" of this Bible intended.

So do you think we should wake up, take scripture more seriously? Do you think we should help the poor more? Make strides to provide where provision is lacking?

True or not, what is our response to this?

Quadripedman
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM

^ Lookies.

This groups, for things out of scripture?

this almost makes me sick. it is horrible that they did this. Check out Revelations 22:18-19. (i dont have a Bible handy and im too lazy to go get one...sorry.) i think that this falls neatly into the part about "taking away from the Bible". I think that this is the groups fault for doing this, but todays church's fault equilly for not obeying Jesus.

skynes
12-07-2006, 03:15 AM
this almost makes me sick. it is horrible that they did this. Check out Revelations 22:18-19. (i dont have a Bible handy and im too lazy to go get one...sorry.) i think that this falls neatly into the part about "taking away from the Bible". I think that this is the groups fault for doing this, but todays church's fault equilly for not obeying Jesus.

Lol. Did you see the bit, both in the article and in this thread, about that Bible being a joke?

Whole purpose was to bring to light the fact that by our actions, daily, we cut out bits of scripture.

fifi la bomba
12-07-2006, 08:39 AM
ok, so does that mean that they never actually made a dissected Bible available to the public, and it's just a ruse to get us to look at our own lives. or did they actually create one and distribute it to people?

skynes
12-07-2006, 09:16 AM
ok, so does that mean that they never actually made a dissected Bible available to the public, and it's just a ruse to get us to look at our own lives. or did they actually create one and distribute it to people?

They actually created one, they actually sold it. They're also either working on/have finished, a bible study which goes through all the cut out bits, what they say and how we're supposed to apply it to our lives.

fifi la bomba
12-07-2006, 09:49 AM
well, that's cool that they have a Bible study lesson for it, but maybe they should have sold it as a set, instead of letting the chopped-up Bible be out there on it's own first and then add the reason behind it a month/year or so later...

skynes
12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
It was to let Christians do what they do best...

Freak out over something stupid.

Quadripedman
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
It was to let Christians do what they do best...

Freak out over something stupid.

Yep, thats what we do best...:afro: