john316
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Here is a link about a school banning grade school kids from playing tag at recess for fear someone will get hurt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15316912/

We used to play tag,dodgeball,smear the queer and other games where there was physical contact at recess and i don't remember anyone getting seriously hurt.

Sometimes I just don't know ::]

Spiffles
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Here is a link about a school banning grade school kids from playing tag at recess for fear someone will get hurt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15316912/

We used to play tag,dodgeball,smear the queer and other games where there was physical contact at recess and i don't remember anyone getting seriously hurt.

Sometimes I just don't know ::]

I used to play all that stuff and more when i was in school also.

With that example (plus all the toher schools that are doing this now) it is a protection for them more then anytihng I beleive. They are p[rotecting themselves from ebing sued. In these days a kid would only have to come home with a sore little toe from accidently kicking a ball the wrong way and the school could get sued which didnt happen in the good old days.
I dont blame the school for this.. If they didnt people would probably say they are being irrisponsable or negligent or something stupid like that.

dawn of light
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
smear the queer
What is this, may I ask? I can't see this game being played at school anymore!

We used to play football every lunch hour when I was in grade six. We weren't allowed playing tackle football only touch. But the guys tackled each other anyway.

But the tag rule? Ridiculous!

theelectric3
10-23-2006, 07:57 PM
part of playing is roughing up a bit (yes, not to the point of serious injury)...

terrasin
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
What is this, may I ask? I can't see this game being played at school anymore!

We used to play football every lunch hour when I was in grade six. We weren't allowed playing tackle football only touch. But the guys tackled each other anyway.

But the tag rule? Ridiculous!
An american kids version of Rugby. :P

CJ

TheFireBreathes
10-23-2006, 08:36 PM

CJ

Prettymuch:D .

I remember me and a group of kids had to go to the principle and copy the dictionary for playing that...

If we're gonna blame someone blame the parents (no offence all you parents;) ). For my elementary school, we would have fun Christmas parties and make food and crafts and stuff. But it had to be stopped because a there were a few Jewish kids...5th grade we couldnt even have Halloween parties. Who's against Halloween, seriously?

unshakeable15
10-24-2006, 12:52 PM
My parents are. To this day, my little bro and sisters cannot go trick-or-treating. They have no problem with harvest themes, but Halloween is a big "No."

john316
10-24-2006, 05:40 PM

CJ

I would say thats pretty close...I guess it goes without saying that its been a long time since i played it...all i can remember is the guy with the ball gets piled on by about 20 guys :)

as~i~lay~dying
10-24-2006, 09:05 PM
pretty lame ...

kittygirl
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
one thing that's kind of interesting is you can't use your finger as a gun, or use a stick as a sword anymore in some schools. What are all the little boys going to do then?

TheFireBreathes
10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
one thing that's kind of interesting is you can't use your finger as a gun, or use a stick as a sword anymore in some schools. What are all the little boys going to do then?

I remember we would have kicking fights while hanging from the monkey bars, but I can see why that was banned...:-\

Spiffles
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM

They were banned when i was a little tacka also. Half the time we still had fights with sticks and stuff. The other half when we thought we'd get caught with sticks we used smaller more conceable weapons like slingshots or spitball guns made from pens and stuff.
Boys will be boys and we will always find something :D

Luke_USA
10-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Exactly. Ridiculous rules like this eventually become pointless.

Tromos
10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
There was another story recently about a coach that gave one of his players a wedgie and got suspended. And while I don't disagree with the punishment, the article included a comment from a mother that said "The days when school staff members put their hands on our children are over!"

And all I could think was, "Yes. And that's why things are as bad as they are and your kid is a closet crackhead."

Not nice, I know. But I wouldn't object if my kid got a swat on the rump for doing something stupid at school like I did. And no one in my generation went on a shooting spree.

kittygirl
10-28-2006, 11:10 AM

You know what's funny...my little brothers used dolls as guns before. My mom went on a "no gun" spree for a few weeks, because my baby brother (now a toddler)pointed a nerf gun to his head while my grandma was over, and said "Bang!"
Needless to say, my mom was so embaressed that she took all the guns away.

DarkestRose
10-30-2006, 08:41 PM
I can understand why schools would be concerned about the safety hazards of games like tag or dodgeball. Most schools probably couldn't afford to be sued by an angry parent. Yeah, it's a bummer that most recess games that were fun and getting banned, but why a school would want to stop them is comprehensible.

dawn of light
10-31-2006, 05:55 AM
People can't get away with rediculous law suits in Canada like they can in America. It just doesn't happen here. I can understand why they would do that too although I still think it's going a little too far.